Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 7, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
For the sake of 'ecchi' i will stay! I don't care what you people said.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 7, 2018 1:38 PM

Jun 2009
soo hyped for this cant wait too see more
Apr 7, 2018 2:12 PM
Nov 2017
As someone who didn't read the manga I found this ep kinda rushed and awkward but maybe it's because of the animation. The ending was just. Yeah.
Apr 7, 2018 2:15 PM

Jan 2016
Ugh and I was looking forward to this, not anymore I am. The story isn't half bad, it's not anything mind-blowing but it's good enough to keep me entertained, the problem is the adaptation.

The pacing was quick and awful, the animation and art were terrible. I'm almost 100% certain that the fighting scenes were made and then they clicked on the 2x button, because that's exactly how any anime fight on 2x looks, bloody awful.

The dude MC looks edgy asf but I guess I'll have to stick around to see if that's true. I think that Tsukasa is a good character, I like characters who don't freak out when they see something like a vampire or ghoul because they know how they really are without these circumstances.
Apr 7, 2018 2:17 PM

Apr 2012
I think this anime got confused, your supposed to show the tragic death tranquilizer scene after I grow attached to the characters, not right when we meet them.

It was an ok episode, a decent cast and setting so far. That ending came outta nowhere. When are the werewolves gonna show up?
Apr 7, 2018 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
Not sure I can keep up with this one if things don't change quickly in the second episode. The animation was slightly off putting, the visuals were way too dark (like Unity horror asset flip, "doesn't know how ambient light works"-type dark), the audio quality was atrocious (you can hear the audio peak multiple times), and that last scene left an awful taste in my mouth. I'm all for a good psychological thriller, but I subjectively find rape or sexual harassment to be the lowest of the low on creating tension. It feels cheap, especially in the first episode.
Apr 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
I started this out knowing it'll probably be trash but I still felt disappointed. Still a better love story than Twilight (if that joke is still relevant in 2018)
Apr 7, 2018 2:30 PM
Jun 2016
Servamp disappointed me in so many ways last year and now this.. This is even more disappointing. Animation quality could be better, character designs are basic, op was not catchy, and after all that gore, things becoming.. romance?? I love gorey anime and I was expecting this to give me the Tokyo Ghoul feels. It was close.. yet so far. I will stick around for a couple more episodes hoping that the story will get better.
senpaimiizuApr 21, 2018 3:31 PM
Apr 7, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2012
If it doesn't pick up within a couple episodes I'm gonna drop it. It wasn't a horrible episode, but it wasn't amazing either. I found the animation annoying (sped up fight scene, MC eye's taking up half her face). Disappointing... I was looking forward to this one :/
That love sick puppy thing is already annoying me, also...
QueenInsomniaApr 7, 2018 2:40 PM

Apr 7, 2018 3:11 PM
Dec 2017
I was pretty excited of this one, I have to say this episode was quite a disappointment. I felt like the first half was way too slow and unnecessary, they don't really focus on the relationship of the female MC and her friend in the manga so all those emotional scenes felt a bit extra. The second half was a bit better so I might give this a chance, I really hope it gets better.
Apr 7, 2018 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
It was ok, that ending scene came out of the blue though.
Apr 7, 2018 3:36 PM
Mar 2017
Actually very good first episode. It's very slow paced compared to the tokyo ghoul re anime. It barely covered the first chapter of the manga. Ending was a bit suprising but just wait till next week. (We don't have an episode count, and with this pace 12 episode seems a bit too low, but who knows what they might do)

The manga art is the exact same as the manga art. The backgrounds are beautiful, just the characters that doesnt look too good, but that doesnt really matter tbh, I still kinda dig it.

But as everyone says. The story and stuff will get better later. Can't wait until next week.
Apr 7, 2018 3:49 PM
Nov 2008
The eyes. Man... The fucking eyes. I can't bear watching this. Everyone looks so lifeless.
Apr 7, 2018 3:50 PM
Feb 2018
I found the ep excellent since I’m a big fan of the manga!!!!! I have no complaints!!!
Apr 7, 2018 3:57 PM
Jul 2017
So mangareaders, will this have alot of romance and romantic development or will it only be better than twilight?
Apr 7, 2018 4:00 PM

Jul 2017
The animations was absolutely terrible. The acting was stiff. The screaming was unnecessary.

The episode did not even attempt to establish anything of value.

What.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Apr 7, 2018 4:21 PM

May 2015
The way they moved.... A bit too fast, lol.

Not sure what to expect other than bloody mess, and well, horny ass vampires since they're high on libido once they come in contact with human blood. But for a first episode, it wasn't bad. Guess we'll see how it'll turn out.

Apr 7, 2018 4:59 PM

Dec 2013
Nezperdian said:
The last scene made everything better. A great way to redeem the anime.

Romance itself is pretty good. At least in the manga.
Apr 7, 2018 5:10 PM

May 2015
only real way to describe it...meh
Apr 7, 2018 5:14 PM
Jul 2016
With all respect to those present, but I ask: can people not understand that the revision of the entire work is only done when it is completed? Or when the person sees that there is no potential. In fact, I think that only the revision should be done when the work is finished, because there is the profile where you will summarize everything you have seen. The profile is neither the place to complain about the first three episodes.

The most appropriate place to discuss episode is in the forum. Oh really! There are people who spoil this site by pure childishness.
Apr 7, 2018 5:25 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
Huge fan of the manga,
sadly tho... anime sucks ass,
sorry to those anime fans who like this,
I just don't care much for the first episode.
I hope it gets better, rip bad adaptations.
Apr 7, 2018 5:31 PM

Aug 2016
Nezperdian said:
The last scene made everything better. A great way to redeem the anime.

I hope your joking right ? ahah
Apr 7, 2018 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
I could not watch more than 4 min, horrible animation. What the hell is going on with the background characters?
Apr 7, 2018 5:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pangeaa said:
I could not watch more than 4 min, horrible animation. What the hell is going on with the background characters?

She has seen some disturbing shit happening in this classroom
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 7, 2018 6:10 PM

Mar 2018
The first scene looks promising but... that chase scene made me laugh, it's like watching a fast forward video.
Apr 7, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
That was...curiously good! Like, the vampires actually look creepy and are portrayed as tragic ~ not something you'd be thrilled to be. Them being mostly unknown to the world adds to the scary vibe of the show, still having a specialized sect to deal with 'em adds to them allows for some action. Then there's the romance which in the case for this should, would be a plus only if handled maturely, but welcomed if so.

So, yea, def looks like a romanticized Tokyo Ghoul for now. I'll be looking forward to it! As it's been echoed throughout this thread, one of the main concerns is for the romance not to be the cheesy Twilight type and take over the whole show.
Apr 7, 2018 7:09 PM
Apr 2017
I'm praying for Devils Line don't become some type of Twilight.
Apr 7, 2018 7:16 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Reporting on episode 1, we have some awkward sh*t going on.

Apr 7, 2018 7:29 PM
Apr 2017
i feel bad for the main character. he got captured and then he got cucked. good anime tho
Nov 2017
FallenUndead said:
As a Big fan of the manga I really hope they nail what is too come.

I mean the first episode was pretty solid, and they did make some changes which I didn't agree with but I guess they had to fill out the time for a normal episode. Will be watching weekly.

I've been keeping up with the manga as well, and I adore it, so I was super excited to hear about the anime. The animation is pretty fast for me. It was difficult for me to keep up with the action scenes. I feel like they nailed the atmosphere, and this first episode has been pretty true to the manga and I hope they follow it fairly closely. That opening scene was good, although unexpected. Will definitely be following weekly.

Aug 2017
To be honest, the animation was kinda weird. It looks really stiff. specifically the eyes of the characters, the running and ending scenes. Other than that, I'm looking forward to it. Let's see.
Apr 7, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2017
Wasn't bad... I suppose. the voice acting is a bit cringy tho.
Apr 7, 2018 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
This was god awful.
Anyone with half a brain knew that Tsukasa was a Vampire.
What the hell was up with the animation and still faces?
People were talking and it looked liked they had blank stares.

The voice acting...omfg it was like someone was screaming into a traffic cone!!! LOL

The fast forward fighting was terrible as well. A cop rolled out of the car at the same speed the Vampire was running...DONT FORGET ABOUT THE COP!

Then our female MC cant walk all of a sudden and The "Good Cop" Just now notices the blood on her face...

*face palm* JFC this is awful
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2018 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
this shit was way less entertaining than i expected. i dont mind this is based on shoujo manga but the stage direction is awful.
Apr 7, 2018 9:17 PM
Oct 2016
Pretty Edgy. Let's see how this goes.

Apr 7, 2018 10:28 PM

Jan 2018
The episode was excellent imo.

Especially the fight b/w the blond and the vampire.

The animation is also pretty damn good.
Apr 7, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2010
Is this anime illuminati?
Apr 8, 2018 12:02 AM
May 2015
Never thought he would kiss her!!!
So happy I have to listen to Mamuro Miyano in the ending
Apr 8, 2018 12:39 AM

Oct 2013
No OST for some scenes, it was... weird and empty. And in the others scenes it's a biiiig sound too powerful. The direction seem really strange
TitadouApr 8, 2018 12:42 AM
Apr 8, 2018 12:39 AM
Sep 2015
Guess it was a good first episode. It was obvious that the two guys were vampires, so no surprise here.

The ending song is great. Well, no surprise here either - after all it's Mamoru Miyano and he never disappoints :)
Apr 8, 2018 12:47 AM

Jul 2017
Average first episode. I liked the art style and the animation for most parts, but the chasing scene looked so bad and awkward.

I hope the story picks up as the episodes progress. It could improve into something good but I don't have too much hope right now.
Apr 8, 2018 12:59 AM
Sep 2016
As a manga reader I was pleasantly surprised by the changes. I loved how they added background to the MC and her relationship with the Devil. I felt for him in this, versus not really caring when I read the manga. And then adding in future characters and giving hints to their role was fabulous. That end though, really. Couldn't have shown what happens in the next two seconds?
Apr 8, 2018 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
Very average.
Didn't like animation.
The chase and fight scene felt like awfully fast-forwarded.
Ending wasn't good.
I hope story will get interesting at least.
2/5
CrispmjApr 8, 2018 1:05 AM
Apr 8, 2018 1:05 AM
Nov 2016
Hmm.... I have mixed feelings about this one. The art is fine but the character animations feel weird.

The story feels a lot like that of Tokyo ghoul, in this case the vampires aren't necessarily bad but they're misunderstood.

I expect this show to have a lot of semi-lewd stuff.
Apr 8, 2018 1:14 AM
Sep 2016
As a manga reader I was pleasantly surprised by the changes. I loved how they added background to the MC and her relationship with the Devil. I felt for him in this, versus not really caring when I read the manga. And then adding in future characters and giving hints to their role was fabulous. That end though, really. Couldn't have shown what happens in the next two seconds?
Apr 8, 2018 1:29 AM

Oct 2013
I would say this anime will be watchable. Anything rating below 7 probably meh. I watched it and Yes, the animation wasn't fabulous. The story ok. The op ed bgm quite nice.

All in yes...a 7 but still can go for ep2.

Not sure if childhood friend will be coming back
Look forward to relationship between girl n AnzaI.
Apr 8, 2018 1:42 AM

Oct 2009
"There is blood on your lips" -> *shocku* -> *lick lick slurp slurp* 🤣

and The running scene is like watching anime in 2x speed lol.
Apr 8, 2018 2:10 AM
Jun 2017
I like this series, its first episode is just like a tokyo ghoul (those eyes!!!)... tsukasa sure is confused right now after seeing 2 vampires in one day...

*and ohh Ariza too is a vampire... hahaha...

Gonna watch this one..
Apr 8, 2018 2:25 AM

Sep 2016
impressively retarded looking animation. i loved the deer-in-headlights look half of the girls had 100% of the time. absolutely hilarious. i also liked how it's ridiculously obvious that they animated chase/fight scenes and then sped it up a shitton. i was losing my shit throughout the whole episode because of how retarded and edgy and shitty everything was.

i think my favorite part was about halfway through the episode when the main girl and blonde vampire guy just sat there staring at the camera for a good minute and a half for no reason.

wait a minute....they probably animated the fight scenes, realized it looked bad or that it wasn't fast paced enough, sped up the fight scenes, and then realized that they had an extra minute of time to fill up that they weren't prepared for. that's what that random 3 minutes of nothing was!

did anyone else enjoy the stupid looking white outlines around the characters that showed up sometimes because they don't know how lighting works? i know i sure did.

Apr 8, 2018 4:23 AM

May 2009
Mixed feelings. I feel like this could be quite good but it's quality is just.. bad.
Anyway I will be watching this, because I know myself and this kind of shoujo shit is a guilty pleasure of mine and now I want to watch the whole thing even though I know lots of it is just.. bad.

The "bad" I am talking about: animation, art in general, obvious idiot-headed main girl character, trying to add feels to the first episode for the blonde guy.. but in the whole flashback scene I was like: I don't care. I don't care. When did this happen? Oh right: I don't care.
But it's so over the top shoujo bad that I want to watch it. Get it?
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

140 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

39 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.