Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 27, 2018 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
This was an awful episode to end an average series. They didn't even try to hide how much content they cut. I always forgot this series existed every Monday, and I have no doubt I will forget this series existed tomorrow.
Mar 27, 2018 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
okay! the lolicon show is over!
Mr. Loli Yaichi won against Meijin...maybe the meijin got a bit soft?
Almost all important characters went to the picnic even the stalker jagged teeth girl!
4/5.
7/10.

Mar 27, 2018 10:52 PM
Apr 2013
luinthoron said:
And this is why Ai is the best.

Which Ai are you referring to?
Mar 27, 2018 11:33 PM

Jan 2012
This show was a bit disappointing.

I was hoping to see some loli love, but show was a little too light on loli content after really hyping up that trait; it almost completely disregarded any romance; and it even skimped out a lot of the shogi stuff.
Despite being so light on content, it still managed to be long and drawn out.
A lot of time was wasted on meaningless drama and the most interesting parts of the story were neglected.

A bunch of characters won matches that they shouldn't have won and lost matches that they shouldn't have lost were the plot to have any consistency or common sense.

The MC is total scum for not cherishing his lolis more.

Ginko was way too much of a jealous sadistic yandere to be likable - a total cock-block too (not that there was any cock to be blocked - but she totally killed any possibility for romance)
Ai Yashajin was too bratty for her own good and a bit of an overdone Tsundere.

Ai Hinatsuru was somewhat okay - it felt like she had a hint of tsundere and yandere, but mostly just cute and lovable and dedicated to her precious master.

While I liked Ai Hinatsuru, Charlotte was undoubtedly the best girl - she was just so consistently and perfectly cute and calm.
Proper, calm and composed, pure-hearted dere-deres like her who are open about their feelings are like a rare jewel these days.

I'll probably give this show 7/10 for the cuteness factor, but I may bump that down to 6 when I come to my senses and realize just how terrible the plot was.

Lolis FTW~!

...but sadly, this show did not win with the potential that it had.
Mar 28, 2018 2:48 AM

Feb 2007
albertrojas said:
luinthoron said:
And this is why Ai is the best.

YanAi, of course, shining throughout the episode, but especially as being the one to foresee Yaichi's moves better than anyone else watching the game. Not that much tsunAi in this episode to even talk about her here.
Mar 28, 2018 10:10 AM
Apr 2013
luinthoron said:
albertrojas said:

YanAi, of course, shining throughout the episode, but especially as being the one to foresee Yaichi's moves better than anyone else watching the game. Not that much tsunAi in this episode to even talk about her here.

I just call them Ai and Ten-chan for tsun Ai (due to a kanji in her name) when addressing them in my mind.
Mar 28, 2018 8:55 PM

Dec 2010
Honestly I was really feeling this anime untill now but that ending completely threw me off. Typical LN adaptation bullshit.

And he didn't even apologize to Ginko...
Mar 28, 2018 11:42 PM

May 2017
Man, at first I thought this will have some depth but instead we got broken strengths, edgy dense generic MC, BS plot armors, unnecessary cheap melodrama and friendship nakama powah lol this show failed to show the ruthlessness of Shogi, "hardwork" pfff freaking anime logic, that shits irrelevant against talent. Real Shogi devours the weaklings and spit them mercilessly

Still.

7/10 just for the lolis and overall decent harem designs and cast
LairucremMar 28, 2018 11:47 PM
Mar 29, 2018 8:00 AM

Jun 2017
I blazed through the series in 2 days. Good series. Shogi matches sometimes portrayed with so much intensity as to rival Hikaru no Go and various great sports anime matches, but not sustained.

My favorite scenes are whenever Ai#1 goes into focus mode and chants "Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko... Ko!" I used to mumble similarly back during my Go days, so it's really nostalgic.

The loli bait and gags are enjoyable too.

6/10. An average series that baited me well with good match scenes and loli.
Mar 29, 2018 8:19 AM

Apr 2011
I know Yaichi will win, but that battle was intense. I watch for the lolis the but shogi battles nice to see.
Mar 29, 2018 5:41 PM

Jan 2018
DarkAudit said:
I wanted to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. I didn't get it. Booooo. :p
This, i was hoping they'd show that and they never did.
Mar 29, 2018 7:22 PM
Nov 2017
Maki_3 said:
DarkAudit said:
I wanted to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. I didn't get it. Booooo. :p
This, i was hoping they'd show that and they never did.

Any LN readers mind letting some of us know if they ever hook up or not?
Mar 30, 2018 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
Rushed, underwhelming, disappointing.
I felt like it's just a bad adaptation...
Mar 30, 2018 5:40 AM
Jan 2018
Someone made 3D model of yandere Ai chan.

https://sketchfab.com/models/aa156afa6e974e8c9134cafa5bdb0f11
Mar 30, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2014
Shirasho said:
This was an awful episode to end an average series. They didn't even try to hide how much content they cut. I always forgot this series existed every Monday, and I have no doubt I will forget this series existed tomorrow.

Yeah, no doubt it's just rushed.
Its just a plain advertising..
I am kinda disappointed, i am sure most of LN readers are.
Forgettable Characters due lacks of progression and interraction, the pacing is obviously rushed, like how many time they just do a slideshow and be done with it.
I do expect the Loli bait, but i expect them to explain the Shogi more but i guess not, they just rub our face with some weird flying text.

Underwhelming asf.
Mar 30, 2018 12:37 PM
Mar 2012
Could've been better, but still enjoyable. With the rush it was expected 4 games would be condensed in 1 ep, otherwise it'd end on midgame cliffhanger, would suck more.
Don't care much for Ginko, but she still deserved some proper talking with Kuzuryuo.
Well plot did progress, mc grew his harem shogi family, and they became pro female players. Most notable was Keika's struggle. Even with tons of characters, they managed to show characterization & growth during training from Keika, both Ai's & mc. Most chars aren't completely 1d tropes tho the genre tends to, even Tsun Ai has a considerate side who gives space to others. Ginko's a bit more than a garbage tsun & helps mc out.
Even sides are strong characters, those 'nobles', Ika, blind master, & Jin etc, and Char +2.
Tho I learned more shogi here than the DepressionShogi, my main problem was the pieces/moves could've been explained clearer (eg who's side, arrows, diagrams). If it's closer to explaining army tactics more could've understood & enjoyed the fights.
Mar 31, 2018 1:32 AM

Jan 2014
I couldn't help constantly comparing this show to 'Shion no Ou' while watching it, Shion no Ou is much better at making the shougi matches more thrilling, interesting and exiting to watch.

This series failed hard at that in comparison. This show is very much more comedy, cute loli girls in a harem type setting than anything else, and for the most part that got boring really fast(seen it so many times before).
5/10 for me.

And if you haven't watched 'Shion no Ou', then hurry and go watch it, because it's an great anime imo.
Mar 31, 2018 8:02 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well Yaichi made a big comeback. It was an interesting final episode but tbh Ginko not getting an apology or something memorable made this episode feel soured. Even Keika had a properr episode or two where shr gets some focus. Tbh i wanted to see more of Ginko’s character, they teased the romance stuff and that’s it.

I thought it was interesting that the girl in red hair was watching the shogi match at a gas station.
Overall it was a decent show with some good episodes. My biggest dislike is the loli focus so i’ll give it a 6/10.

Mar 31, 2018 4:23 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
No development on Ginko but a cliche development/ending on loli, together with this harem i don't think it was anything worth recommending but a good time killer for sure.
Mar 31, 2018 9:10 PM

Sep 2008
It was a fun anime. Too bad we only got to see the first of 4 victories at the end. Would've been a better anime without Ginko and maybe some more focus on Yashajin Ai.
Apr 1, 2018 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
This final episode should be mentioned only for the intensity of the game of Shogi between the protagonist and the opponent, unfortunately the rest is miserably trivialized even worse than the previous episodes, and all the best part seen at the beginning of the anime series and in the central part , goes to be blessed. I'm sad for this season finale, I really enjoyed the part about the game of Shogi, but then we wanted to give the "happy ending" that ruined the realism of the anime series.

In light of what happened in recent episodes this is my vote: 6/10
Apr 3, 2018 3:33 PM
Aug 2017
I liked these last thew episodes, I think the show had a rough start but the last episodes seemed to focus on the characters more which I enjoyed. I'm surprised Yaichi managed to win the last 4 games, I thought he would get close but not win. Also Ginko = best girl.

Overall I would give this a 5/10. I was considering dropping at the start but as the show went on my opinion of it went up. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Apr 4, 2018 1:03 AM
Jul 2014
the anime was ok , i don't know anything about shougi but i enjoyed the show anyway , keika was my favoryte character , ai (first one) for me was kind of anoying sometimes (the jealious psychotic style), but my biggest complain about the show is WHERE IS THE FU** APOLOGY YOU DAMN AS*** , Ginko was a really good character definitely better than ai and she was completely forgoten, i don't mind the lolis but for god sake please don't treat good characters like Ginko that bad.
Apr 7, 2018 9:05 AM
Mar 2017
I Wish that yashajin Ai has more Impact to recover yaichi. They even didnt have an conversation in the Last 2 Episode. Yashajin Ai is a Stundent of him aswell and should support yaichi Like hinatsuru Ai did

Yeah and the apologize Scene to ginko is missing.

But overall i'll give 7/10. The Serie has many emotional Scene and i cried somerimes
RoyalclubApr 7, 2018 9:12 AM
Apr 7, 2018 9:59 PM

Mar 2013
Mif_2124 said:
I like this episode. But hey, why they cut the next three games?
Game four is just a variation of the same trope as a 3-3 tie. Showing the last three games with the same high stakes would just lead to dramatic exhaustion and just tacking them on would simply be an underwhelming waste of time. The only way showing them would make narrative sense would be if we had a second cour to space out games four and seven, with five and six downplayed.
Apr 9, 2018 4:05 PM

Nov 2009

That's actually very good.

PS: her panties changes, yes, I looked.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 2, 2018 11:13 AM
Mar 2015
Living with that girl......mmm, the possibilities :)
May 3, 2018 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
This show was very adorable, noting amazing, but it was enjoyable.

7/10
May 16, 2018 2:47 PM
Mar 2018
Season 2 please, love it so much
May 19, 2018 3:53 PM

May 2010
Way too short. More Ginko pelase
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 24, 2018 11:37 PM

Jan 2012
So the Ryuo really won 4 matches with the Meijin in a row, the last 3 conveniently off screen? Sure, why not? XD Well my opinions on this series fluctuated as it went. I generally enjoyed the first three episodes, finding the lolicon pandering complaints overblown, then I found myself put off with certain characters and developments, including from the MC, and finding the lolicon pandering a bit much afterall. And then finally near the end it leveled out at around a 6 out of 10. Keika was by far my favorite character(and her big, beautiful tits.) After being a butt monkey for the first 6 episodes I figured her "development" in episode 7 was gonna ensure she became a professional "one day." As in, "read the source material because this adaptation isn't gonna reach that point." So that bummed me out, but to the show's credit she did reach her goal in the 11th episode, and that was easily my favorite thing that happened in this series. That aside not much to say. The MC's douchey behavior near the end was understandable given his age and situation, but still not at all enjoyable to witness. I never really liked Ginko, at all, and some other characters like any that hard shark teeth in their design were obnoxious. But it wasn't terrible or anything. I know next to nothing about shogi so if I were an enthusiast maybe that would give it bonus points for me but like I said it's a 6/10. Honestly a bit underwhelming for what turns out to be my 700th completed entry on MAL, but oh well.
Aug 8, 2018 2:23 AM

Jun 2011
If it was a full on shogi sports anime, similar to that of Hikaru no Go / Chihayafuru instead of a loli-pandering show, this would've been regarded so much higher. Still really good show, loli scenes could've been much cuter if they didn't force it. Need more time for relationship developments between protagonist and other characters. Would be nice to get some exposition on the current Meijin as well.

Episode 7 / 11 was amazing, that development from Keiko. Hard work does pay off.

Some Ginko romantic development would be nice, if this show doesn't forcefully pander towards the lolicons.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 9, 2018 9:23 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending of this quite enjoyable series with some adorable and fun characters! Pretty intense Shogi battles and some general lovely progression of the story.

For me it was even a bit too short. But well all in all this was a pretty solid anime.
Aug 17, 2018 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
This show was FBI b8 m8
Aug 22, 2018 4:55 AM
Jun 2016
Fantastic anime.

The good thing about this anime is that most of the time, I felt like I was watching an anime about life..more than about shogi...or lolis...

Main lesson/takeaway....Don't be scared of victory.
Hard work pays...eventually.
Always stay happy. There is more to life than Shogi.
Nothing beats practice, practice, practice.

9jaotakuAug 22, 2018 4:59 AM
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Nov 3, 2018 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
I wonder what happens between Ginko and Yaichi now.
Feb 6, 2019 1:36 PM

Mar 2018
Strangely enjoyed this anime.Even though I kinda hate lolis, they didn't bother me in this show.Mediocre story with interesting characters, smooth animation, good soundtrack and some really good voice actors.(Yaichi va has bright future)
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Sep 8, 2019 7:14 AM

Sep 2007
So this series kind of reminds me of Saki i.e. I'm watching a game I have no idea how to play, but I can tell some amazing things are happening. Not gonna lie, mostly watched this because of Ginko; don't care much for the lolis or Shit Ryuuou. Felt genuinely bad for Keika, she's stuck in training group at 25 while a bunch of OP lolis are getting titles left and right...

7/10 for Ginko, Keika and animation/sound quality. Probably won't rewatch. Now I'm gonna go watch Saki for the 3rd time.

P.S. Also this ain't no March Comes In Like a Lion, if you want shogi anime go watch THAT instead.
May 19, 2020 1:26 AM
Apr 2020
Tbh I was hoping for another season it felt really incomplete I mean he was aiming to be the no. 1 shogi player
Aug 26, 2020 6:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And the #100's post is mine for the taking, I guess.

To be honest, it was a so-so finale episode. While I did enjoy the highly-anticipated match-up for the most bit, the axing of the remaining rounds didn't feel like a good note to sign off with. And, as many above have already pointed out, where's that bloody apology, Ryou?

Loli, Loli, Loli & Shogi, that's pretty much this show xD. On a more serious note, I found myself enjoying this quite a bit actually and I suppose it's a pity that I don't the rules of the game because I might've enjoyed it more. But well, it's a 6/10 from me.

Ai (Hinatsuru) and Ginko's constant banter along with the usual Char moments were probably the highlight, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 24, 2020 6:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice that he won at the end for the finale! (well it was predictable but still heartwarming) overall it's fine for the entertainment I guess, nothing too impressive or outstanding but to laid-back, it's pretty good, 6/10
Dec 4, 2020 12:55 AM

Feb 2018
Good ending, sakura so beautiful... Congrats to keep your title
Jan 31, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2021
Overall this was a good anime but I only object that they kinda cut the scene where Yaichi made thigs up for Ginko,, I mean after all that I guess they should at least let him apologize to her! 8/10
Mar 6, 2021 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
BlackstarFallen said:
What a disappointing finale, it felt rushed and didn't get to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. The shogi match was okay. Not a good show overall. 2/10
They skipped that part because they didn't had much time left to insert that "part" and the author was dissapointed too. But overall if you want to find it then it's one of the final volumes of the light novels :)
May 16, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2018
Seek truth in shougi, hm.. Truth in patterns and probability, and stuff, you mean?.. Or what?..
Overall, anime was nice.. Plenty of characters with all kinds of personalities and motives.. With all kinds of wishes.. I liked 2 Ais, Ginko, Keika.. Ika might have some potential for being interesting character too.. But also I feel like all things are ahead.. But also all things really could have happened already as well.. Like take Keika.. She is one of the mains this season for sure.. But what is ahead of her - is also can be many things, in many ways.. Or take Ginko.. She already really made a lot of moves with Yaichi, just that timing was unfortunate.. At this point of time.. I somehow feel that maybe Hinatsuru Ai is more like friendly rival, or shougi comrade.. At this is the future I see of her with Yaichi.. Even if she had more time now with Yaichi it feels, almost living like a wife's life.. I still somehow see her as an intellectual partner in life for Yaicihi.. While Ginko is future love interest.. For some reason it feels to me like this anime is going this direction.. But who knows.. Either way, characters were interesting.. But also feels like they could do more, to be honest.. But well, overall, it feels, stuff is ahead..
Aug 19, 2021 1:30 AM

Jun 2020
Yaichi being able to talk to Ginko very casually now I expect an apology to her very soon

That 4th battle was intense very intense for Yaichi and had the first one conclude to a draw, Onto the next one while taking a break Ginko stepped into the room at the wrong timing Yaichi could've died from that Vase Ginko threatened, The Meijin's face finally after all this time we got a glance at what a god may look like

The ending was surprisingly rushed but it was expected but I was anticipating Yaichi will lose and work his way again to the top that's what I was thinking of, Damn not even an apology damn it I was looking forward to that oh well and that kiss bait was for naught I would love to see a bit more but I guess this concludes it here.

This series was a fun little you can say game how Yaichi tries to prove himself to the world that he deserves such a title the only problem was he just started from the top and maintained it which didn't include much progression but picking up the two Ai's and watching Ginko and Keika's career was making it somewhat enjoyable but the romance just doesn't fit in which I'm sad about that but I enjoyed watching this series.
Nov 23, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2020
Oh big lel, Yaichi apologize to Ginko when? they took it off. To many cut that leave a hole in everystory. This time too, 3 intense battle or 4 that say Yaichi loses 3 times, then he won once. Not so intense which is make it kinda mehh. Also he is don't deserve to get the title 'King of Loli' since he turned down Ai 1st just because he is mad.
Dec 8, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2013
So he won against Meijin i guess, i mean, who cares, he said he won, so whatever.
I think that was atrocious shogi anime but not bad loli-harem anime.
I like Ginko and Keika. I wish the anime was about them.
Jun 15, 2022 3:55 PM

Jan 2020
It's insane that this series went out of its way to have so many loli characters, but couldn't even be bothered to give the Meijin a personality. Then, what little was built up about him basically doesn't matter because Kuzu's win was off-screened.

Such an unapologetic loli-loving series. 1/10

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 13, 2022 4:18 AM

Jul 2019
Well, it's over. I wish it would have focused more on the interesting characters (Keika!) and giving Ginko some kind of personality besides angry tsundere (that's how I saw her at least). I also wanted to see more of Tsukiyomizaka and Shakando.
I like Ai's angry ahoge when Ginko interrupts her lap pillow moment.

The best part of this anime was Keika, the cute women with glasses (Oga Sasari and that commenter girl) and the two chuunis (Kannabe and Shakando).

7/10
(I almost wanted to rate it 9/10 after the last sequence when everyone shows up for the flower viewing, because I'm a sucker for those sappy moments but while writing this I "came to my senses" again. :P)

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.