Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 26, 2018 12:14 PM

Jul 2009
I knew the show was gonna focus on the lolis but I didnt think ginko would get shafted so badly throughout the entire show...
Mar 26, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2015
That lap pillow was ridiculous But what do you expect from someone who is married to a 9 year old waifu
Mar 26, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2015
Well, to me minus the two episodes he was a prick this was a fun ride. My only gripe was that it didn’t showed more of the Shogi matches & strategies more (like commentary to understand a little more about this game) but like I said this was a fun ride…
Mar 26, 2018 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
What a piece of shit. And to think someone got paid for writing it. I put as much effort into this comment...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 26, 2018 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Well the finale was a bit rushed (well of course, noticeable at the end) but in the end I thought the show was entertaining to an certain extent. There are quite some apparent issues in here that could have been fixed, unfortunately these were stemmed and apparent throughout.

It being the pacing and not only that some parts of the series not working very much. That along with the last few episodes kinda making Ginko shafted throughout harder than I actually thought. Considering Ginko isn't as bad as a character, I don't think she deserved that push-over either. Which is unfortunate.

The shogi part (and only THE aspect) is at least better than 3gatsu and I'm not trying to compare them too often since they are two separated entities, one focuses on the characters and the drama and the other being actual shogi (because in 3gatsu the shogi is more of a sub-plot element for the current season imo), but aside from that, eh. Thought it could have been done better.

I may consider reading the LN seeing how the series apparently rushed through some stuff. But I don't think it affected anything that can be OVERLY major.

6-7/10 for the moment being.
Mar 26, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
Came for lolis, got my lolis. It was an alright show. Although Yaichi got away way too easily with being an ass and we didn't even see his apology to Ginko lol.
Mar 26, 2018 12:43 PM

Nov 2014
So Mejin actually has a face, huh?
Pretty nice ending. I thought they will cut it after 4th game and leave us hanging.
I wanted to see him apologizing to Ginko :(
Mar 26, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2007
And this is why Ai is the best.
Mar 26, 2018 1:14 PM
Mar 2018
The ending was just lame.. I mean like they cut down 3 matches everything was so predictable ofc he was gonna win, it was waaay to rushed and like putting in all the characters no body gives a f about in the end is just sad just put in the few most loved once because well i was just expecting better.
Mar 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Feels ok after previous 2 episodes in which only highlight was Keika's match. Bu the series was rushed and sloppy towards the end. I just hope 3rd and further volumes of the LN get translated faster. Up till ep 5 it was solid 9/10, then drop was slight but closer to the end it started breaking more. It's too much stuff cut out just fro the 1st and 2nd novel and this gap grows. Still it has it's cute moments and that ending somewhat fits. 7/10 overall
Mar 26, 2018 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
The end certainly did seem rushed, but it did have to fit a lot in. It is slightly surprising he won the last 4 games, but it could be said it was his own anxiety holding him back to start with.

We still don't know whether he apologised to Ginko or not though.
Mar 26, 2018 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
No conclusion for Ginko... sad boys. Overall I'd say Loli Shogi XD Unlimited Saga was a decent show. A bit awkward at parts, but also filled with some good moments.
Mar 26, 2018 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
Terrible ending, Doesn't even Apologize to Ginko and a reverse sweep that we dont even get to see. Oh Well Average anime in the end. 6/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2018 4:08 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I actually can't believe he was able to come back and beat the Meijin. I figured he would fight a good fight and either come close to winning, or win this match but lose the next. But for him to actually win 4 consecutive times was genuinely shocking to me. I'm not sure how I feel about them giving him 3 off screen victories. Just seems kind of cheap to me.

The match was really intense though, and that's what the show did successfully. I think it had a great feeling of intensity and suspense for every match. Seeing the Meijin's face for the first time finally made his character seem more human. I liked his simplistic design. He seemed like a really kind guy. A little older than I initially thought too.

RIP to Ginko. No on screen apology. She really was treated like dirt. But I could careless since I wasn't a fan of her to begin with.

Still immensely happy for Keika though, she was easily the best character of the show. Speaking of, she was the first to reach out to Yaichi in his mind. Does that finally confirm she's Yaichi's true wife?

I'll miss the lolis that's for sure. I do see a lot of complaining about the lolis though. Which makes me wonder, what else were people thinking when they saw this show? Lolis are plastered everywhere, so what else do you expect? It's Japan and anime for God's sake. You know what you're going to get with this one.

Regardless, I think this put shogi in a positive light. I really wish I knew how the game worked, because I'm sure I would've enjoyed this even more.

As for everything else, the art was appealing the character designs were really good for a number of characters including both Ai's and Ika.

Also, thick cute girl from the Onsen finally showed her eyes! Hopefully she'll be a part of the harem.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with this one. Lots of tension and excitement with the games, good development for a number of characters, appealing art and character designs, and most importantly, lolis. I'd like to see a second season for sure, but I'm not exactly sure where Yaichi can go from here, more titles maybe? Either way, hope to see more.

7/10
Mar 26, 2018 4:09 PM

May 2015
An ok finale, but the shogi match was pretty intense.

Overall, the show's been an enjoyable ride. Maybe even the guilty pleasure of this season.

7/10.

Mar 26, 2018 4:39 PM

Oct 2017
Coming into this show, I already new it was probably going to be base level and heavily saturated with uninteresting lolis, but then Ginko-san was introduced and my idiotic self thought "hey, this is a decently interesting character with a pretty unique design (compared to the rest of this show's characters anyways) and was genuinely looking forward to a ship that didn't make me cringe. So episode 11 came around and boy was I annoyed when mc went full douche-bag on her, but I also had hope that this event would lead to a finale where an apology and possible ship-worthy scene closed the show. Well...one rushed episode filled with the worlds most annoying loli ever (Ai#1) and all I can say is:
FireandIceMar 26, 2018 4:51 PM
Mar 26, 2018 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
MoeMoeKyun said:
I knew the show was gonna focus on the lolis but I didnt think ginko would get shafted so badly throughout the entire show...

Damn,I was hoping to see Ginko get shafted-oh wait,perhaps I shouldn't have said that ;)

As for the Meijin,I got the impression he wasn't looking to win so much as testing out his theories about shogi,and pushing Yaichi to play as good as he could,and as for the lolis,who cares,they were cute and that's what matters.
Starting to think that maybe I'd like to try and learn Shogi,but at my age(not telling you),it'd really be an uphill battle,and I don't like hills-well,not going up them anyway.
StarhammerMar 26, 2018 5:04 PM
Mar 26, 2018 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
Continued to watch only for Ginko moments and for that I have no regrets. The rest of the show is not my cup of tea. Beyond the loli pandering, it tries to be something (drama) which it clearly isn't.
Mar 26, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2017
Definitely felt rushed. Honestly, if this show just focused on the loli antics I think I would have enjoyed it more because that stuff was actually pretty funny. There were a few cringey moments and the serious stuff didn't hit as hard as it should have. I mean how can you leave the Ginko apology out; feels like she got shafted. Not to mention just blowing past the last 3 games. I mean this fourth match here was actually pretty well done, so really they prob just needed more episodes to get the story across better.
Mar 26, 2018 6:25 PM
Feb 2018
I honestly believe the animators would have loved to keep all the good stuff in if time and money weren't a factor. Any series with just 12 episodes will always seem rushed at the end..nothing we can do about that.

With that said, I really enjoyed the series. Would have a loved a little more YaichixGinko action, especially after the last episode but will read the LN for that, no biggie. I like how they finally revealed the eyes of that well endowed girl who works with her dad, she's pretty indeed😁

Ai and Ginko can't get along to save their lives lol. Lol lap pillow courtesy of a loli? Ai#2 looks like she wants to enter the big leagues! Rushed or not, the series made its point. I doubt a second season would happen, but won't mind an OVA.

8.5/10 from me!
mangarob2018Mar 26, 2018 6:28 PM
Mar 26, 2018 6:34 PM
Jun 2017
JUST LOVE IT!!!! That Yaichi has shown Meijin why he is the current ryuo. That match is so intense. Great win by the Yaichi...

* i love that Ginko vs Ai scenes from these one especially the one where they will guess what is Yaichi next move will be. And the lap part where Ginko caught him resting in Ai's lap...

* LOVED where they have shown all the minor and Major character in the series... and for the last time i have seen Char-chan!!!

GONNA MISS THIS ONE!!! ITS AN ENTERTAINING SERIES FOR ME!!!
FouAlterMar 26, 2018 6:41 PM
Mar 26, 2018 6:46 PM

Jan 2018
DarkAudit said:
I wanted to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. I didn't get it. Booooo. :p
and that's what I call a LNbait
Mar 26, 2018 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
If I had understood Shogi better, I probably would have had enjoy the show more since they seems to present the aspects of a Shogi match pretty seriously.
It was an alright show. The jokes were hit and miss and the only likeable character is Keika. But I like how the story progresses.
6.5/10

TriZenMar 26, 2018 7:20 PM
Mar 26, 2018 7:35 PM

May 2010
Dunno, it was very engaging for lolibait, perhaps the most engaging series I've ever seen in that genre. They did loli right here, not making it a mere outlet for fanservice, but using the optimism and enthusiasm inherent to youth as a kick in the butt to our protagonist. The fanservice still existed and I don't fault that, but I feel like the series went way beyond. It excited me more than a certain well-respected shouji series, and that's saying a lot considering its trashy genre!
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 26, 2018 7:55 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Of course the only way Yaichi won was because of the "glowing eyes makes you read into the future" trope. The first match just had to end in a tie to conveniently waste time for the actual final match. Idk what to say, this really was just a lame finale and a lame show overall. This show always pandered to loli lovers, had no actual focus on the shogi aspect besides giving simple explanations and the cast was just really unlikable.

Ginko really was the only good character in this show and honestly idk how the LN won awards. Maybe the awards this series earned was by loli lovers themselves.
Mar 26, 2018 8:30 PM

Dec 2015
All I can say about this anime is

eh

everything is done so basic and nothing really expands from that but at the same time it's not done horribly like sho-bitch, the pacing at times feels a bit rushed and some characters are glossed over but it's not horribly rushed like hakyuu houshin engi(even though I kinda have a guilty pleasure towards that anime for being rushed af), the art feels generic and doesn't have a unique charm to it like love live sunshine(My favorite Anime if you can't fucking tell) but it's not bad it's just........eh, the shogi battles feel mediocre and don't have enough weight to it like how in kaiji where every gamble feels like a life or death situation, but it's not bad either they're some parts that feel genuine, the characters don't have enough depth or interest and feels like tropes rather than interesting characters especially the main character, there's just something about him that feels generic and artificial about him, but he's not a horrible main character like EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER FROM FUCKING BANG DREAM AKA THE MOST PASSIONLESS ARTIFICIAL SHIT I'VE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE FUCKNGADFSKJASDFOKDS

*cough**cough*
sorry about that
But yeah everything just feels, eh, nothing horrible but nothing good to remember about either

also STOP WITH THE FORCED PEDOPHILIA SHIT, LIKE I LIKE LOLIS BUT THEY'RE FUCKING 9 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
hi
Mar 26, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2017
The score jumped like a little over 0.10 after the episode.

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
Mar 26, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2015
Jazzyforcefield said:
The score jumped like a little over 0.10 after the episode.

give it a 10 too and the score will jump a little higher, support greatness, smile :)
Mar 26, 2018 9:50 PM
Aug 2014
I wanted him to lose so he can have a character development. But again he pulls the harem card (different variation of the nakama-boost bullshit) and won everything, lesson learned is zero.

and of course the apology to Ginko was cut, otherwise it will be a flag and won't have a harem ending.
Mar 26, 2018 11:28 PM

May 2016
I waited he apologize to Ginko all the episode... and he didn't...

Well, my final evaluation of this anime is 6... exaggerates too much in the amount of fanservice and lolis, besides not having taken a route with romance that would be more interesting, of course not with a loli....
『  』
Mar 27, 2018 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
Woaw he won! What a surprise!
No seriously why the fuck did they seriously tried to rise the tension ? No tension at all WE ALL KNOW HE WOULD WIN THE LAST ROUND since it's a crap anime since the first ep. All the""" tension""" scene was so annoying to watch.

1/5 the episode, 2/10 the anime. It was such a pain to watch this thing, too bad I use it for my AWC 2018
Mar 27, 2018 2:39 AM
Jan 2016
I like this episode. But hey, why they cut the next three games?
Mar 27, 2018 5:17 AM

Sep 2016
Meijin blew a 3-0 lead wtf
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2018 6:41 AM
Nov 2010
the fact that this is based on something that happened in real life is cool
Mar 27, 2018 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
HHHHMMMMMMMMMM THAT WAS A GOOD GAME, THE INTENSITY, THE MUSIC, THE EMOTION. Hhhhhhmmmmm that was good... And we finally got to see the Meijin's entire face for once. Also MC layed on the Loli's lap... GG I guess.

Somehow, despite knowing literally NOTHING About Shogi whatsoever, somehow, this was an anime I was really into for some reason. It was tense as hell during a good chunk of those games and I really felt the emotion, made me want to come back more and more each week. THAT BEING SAID THOUGH... Everything else outside said games was... well... just anime? Like, the characters themselves, though I like them... I WOULD PREFER Not watching an anime that would give the cops a reason to break down my door. In other words... DON'T LEWD THE LOLIS PLEASE. Anyway, final score is an 7/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Feb 2017
The match was lit, but the ending .... eehhhhhhhh
Well, its the only way to end this series, leave it to happy end. Insert all character in ending scene and tell the journey not over yet.
Series 6/10

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 27, 2018 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
And here I thought he's gonna lose the next match just like Slam Dunk. I learned a little bit of shogi from this. If only I can memorize all of the pieces without looking on a guide... Some of the scenes made me laugh so hard like the one with Yaichi and that stoic girl with laptop.

Mar 27, 2018 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
Cmoooooon. I was really enjoying this series wholeheartedly and then they mess up the last 5mins of this episode. Why would they skip everything. Where was the apology to Ginko. They had to talk and sort out their stuffs but everything got ignored. Man that really pisses me off.

The series as a whole was pretty enjoyable. And I would really like to see another season. But who knows if that will happen the next 10 years... Thinking about giving it a 7 or 8. Have to sort out my feelings that felt a bit betrayed after seeing that blergh end...
Mar 27, 2018 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
attacker ai didn't win on defensive ai at all?
Mar 27, 2018 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
The Meijin lost 4 games? In a row?!
Woah Dude..

Series was enjoyable, 7/10
Mar 27, 2018 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
This was an awful episode to end an average series. They didn't even try to hide how much content they cut. I always forgot this series existed every Monday, and I have no doubt I will forget this series existed tomorrow.
Mar 27, 2018 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
okay! the lolicon show is over!
Mr. Loli Yaichi won against Meijin...maybe the meijin got a bit soft?
Almost all important characters went to the picnic even the stalker jagged teeth girl!
4/5.
7/10.

Mar 27, 2018 10:52 PM
Apr 2013
luinthoron said:

Which Ai are you referring to?
Mar 27, 2018 11:33 PM

Jan 2012
This show was a bit disappointing.

I was hoping to see some loli love, but show was a little too light on loli content after really hyping up that trait; it almost completely disregarded any romance; and it even skimped out a lot of the shogi stuff.
Despite being so light on content, it still managed to be long and drawn out.
A lot of time was wasted on meaningless drama and the most interesting parts of the story were neglected.

A bunch of characters won matches that they shouldn't have won and lost matches that they shouldn't have lost were the plot to have any consistency or common sense.

The MC is total scum for not cherishing his lolis more.

Ginko was way too much of a jealous sadistic yandere to be likable - a total cock-block too (not that there was any cock to be blocked - but she totally killed any possibility for romance)
Ai Yashajin was too bratty for her own good and a bit of an overdone Tsundere.

Ai Hinatsuru was somewhat okay - it felt like she had a hint of tsundere and yandere, but mostly just cute and lovable and dedicated to her precious master.

While I liked Ai Hinatsuru, Charlotte was undoubtedly the best girl - she was just so consistently and perfectly cute and calm.
Proper, calm and composed, pure-hearted dere-deres like her who are open about their feelings are like a rare jewel these days.

I'll probably give this show 7/10 for the cuteness factor, but I may bump that down to 6 when I come to my senses and realize just how terrible the plot was.

Lolis FTW~!

...but sadly, this show did not win with the potential that it had.
Mar 28, 2018 2:48 AM

Feb 2007
albertrojas said:
luinthoron said:

YanAi, of course, shining throughout the episode, but especially as being the one to foresee Yaichi's moves better than anyone else watching the game. Not that much tsunAi in this episode to even talk about her here.
Mar 28, 2018 10:10 AM
Apr 2013
luinthoron said:
albertrojas said:

YanAi, of course, shining throughout the episode, but especially as being the one to foresee Yaichi's moves better than anyone else watching the game. Not that much tsunAi in this episode to even talk about her here.

I just call them Ai and Ten-chan for tsun Ai (due to a kanji in her name) when addressing them in my mind.
Mar 28, 2018 8:55 PM

Dec 2010
Honestly I was really feeling this anime untill now but that ending completely threw me off. Typical LN adaptation bullshit.

And he didn't even apologize to Ginko...
Mar 28, 2018 11:42 PM

May 2017
Man, at first I thought this will have some depth but instead we got broken strengths, edgy dense generic MC, BS plot armors, unnecessary cheap melodrama and friendship nakama powah lol this show failed to show the ruthlessness of Shogi, "hardwork" pfff freaking anime logic, that shits irrelevant against talent. Real Shogi devours the weaklings and spit them mercilessly

Still.

7/10 just for the lolis and overall decent harem designs and cast
LairucremMar 28, 2018 11:47 PM
Mar 29, 2018 8:00 AM

Jun 2017
I blazed through the series in 2 days. Good series. Shogi matches sometimes portrayed with so much intensity as to rival Hikaru no Go and various great sports anime matches, but not sustained.

My favorite scenes are whenever Ai#1 goes into focus mode and chants "Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko... Ko!" I used to mumble similarly back during my Go days, so it's really nostalgic.

The loli bait and gags are enjoyable too.

6/10. An average series that baited me well with good match scenes and loli.
Mar 29, 2018 8:19 AM

Apr 2011
I know Yaichi will win, but that battle was intense. I watch for the lolis the but shogi battles nice to see.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.