Forum Settings
Forums

Ever sold something that you regret selling?

New
Mar 13, 2018 6:05 AM

Aug 2016
I just looked at my manchild stuff today and I was really happy that I still had my old pokemon card collection. This things is older than 10 years now, and I'm proud that I kept it. I had some very worn down consoles as a kid and eventually sold them so I had cash to get new games for newer consoles. The stuff I remember was a green N64 with a kirby sticker on it, and a really old gameboy my grandma gave me.

Nowadays I look back and feel like a dumbass for selling them. Do you have any childhood stuff you regret cashing out for? Sure I have grownup money now, but I will never get that same gameboy back. :(

I shed a tear while writing this.
Mar 13, 2018 6:07 AM

Feb 2016
Games, i used to sell my games i didnt play anymore when i was small and i really regret selling them because i cant play them now anymore.
Mar 13, 2018 6:12 AM
Dec 2016
I sold my brothers Xbox 360 games which costed 30 dollars a piece for 3 dollars 😭

Medal of honour
Call of duty
Assassin's creed brotherhood
Crisis
PES

and one more T_T
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
Mar 13, 2018 6:14 AM
Dec 2016
I have most of my card collection intact till last year when my little cousins took them away T_T
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
Mar 13, 2018 6:15 AM

Aug 2016
HaanFrost said:
I sold my brothers Xbox 360 games which costed 30 dollars a piece for 3 dollars 😭

Medal of honour
Call of duty
Crisis
PES

and one more T_T

Ouch. I too remember giving them out for stupid low prices. Kids man.. kids.
Mar 13, 2018 6:16 AM

May 2012

No, in most cases I can always buy a new one if I need. Also I don't underprice my stuff, unless it's something I just want to get rid of.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Mar 13, 2018 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah I sold my original Xbox, that was a terrible decision, I miss that bad boy.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Mar 13, 2018 6:45 AM
Dec 2016
Viltas said:
HaanFrost said:

Medal of honour
Call of duty
Crisis
PES

and one more T_T

Ouch. I too remember giving them out for stupid low prices. Kids man.. kids.

I got sucked into the trap laid by the shopkeeper .
Mar 13, 2018 6:47 AM

Feb 2016
My dad gave me an Asuna figure and I threw it in the trash. I feel kind of bad though. I should've sold it.
Mar 13, 2018 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
Hmmm, selling nop, but giving yeah.
When I moved from my hometown to study at Uni, I gave quite a lot of old toys and some "childish" books. Nowadays, I really regret having given those as they were a part of my childhood and I feel like I lost a connection and belongings with sentimental value.
Mar 13, 2018 7:18 AM

Jan 2018
I didn't regret it at all because I'm the buyer. A gameboy color and I just play pokemon crytal version all day, everyday. I get attached to stuff and find it hard to let it go so I don't sell stuff.
Mar 13, 2018 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
Yes. I sold a character in a MMO (level 416 sorcerer in Tibia)
for a decent price, but in the end not comparable to the time I spent developing it, and I didn't even quit the game for good (that was my intention)
tbh didn't expect myself to get attached to something like it
Mar 13, 2018 8:27 AM

Apr 2017
I didn't sell it, but I gave away my PS2 to my younger cousin. It was a birthday gift but I didn't play much with it because PS3 was already out and I was mostly interested in newer games. Also I played mostly on PC, so. But I regret it because I realized later that I missed many great games, and I know now that graphics are meaningless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2018 8:27 AM

Feb 2015
Yes my psp with all the games. Why, why did i do that?! Crisis core... (-_-;)
Mar 13, 2018 8:33 AM

Aug 2015
I used to play Crash Bandicoot 2 on PS1 as a kid a lot, but sold it to a friend during my teenage years... regretted it later on obviously. Luckily I found it on playstation store on sale so I can play it again, but having a digital retail copy isn't as cool as having a physical copy from way back.
Mar 13, 2018 8:52 AM

Feb 2018
I traded my entire yugioh collection for 10 bucks...I spent over 100 bucks on my yu gi oh cards. Jeez I'm retarded
Mar 13, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
Yes but most glaring example is Super Smash Bros Melee. For some reason, younger me thought I didn't need it anymore if I was going to buy Brawl. This was in late 2006. Brawl came out early 2008. And I didn't own a Wii.

I got 15 bucks for it which is an extraordinary amount for selling a game to a store. I bought the game again from another place 10 years later for 60 bucks. If I could time travel I would punch myself and steal him the game before he could sell it.
Mar 13, 2018 9:28 AM

Apr 2016
My toy castle with all the knights and horses and shit

My old xbox 360, like yeah it was only xbox but i had so many games on it, halo, gears, really bad that i sold it.
Mar 13, 2018 9:29 AM

Sep 2011
I haven't sold anything... yet.

Well there are some stuffs that I have that I could sell such as my accounts of various online games but most of my part I never want to sell them because I get a feeling I'll strongly regret it in the future.

Mar 13, 2018 10:53 AM

May 2013
Not really tho I did give all my gaming systems to charity once.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 13, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2016
This is going to sound crazy. But over 10 years ago my childhood friend was hard up and needed a bike so I gave him my BMX. At the time I had a car and thought I'd never ride a BMX ever again.

Well fast forward and for some crazy reason I want to BMX again. Except now to buy a BMX like mine is at least $2000+ IF I can find one!

I bought another decent BMX but it's just not the same, I want my old one back.
Mar 13, 2018 11:03 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I sold my Mirror of Kalandra back in Harbinger league a bit too early, I got only like 130 exalted orbs for that, should've at least turned it into real money or something, I don't need currency on standard anyway, at least got my 40 challenges totem. I really want to try the new league but don't have the time right now.

Wait what was the thread about? Real items? No, not really.
Mar 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
I hoard everything until somebody gets pissed off and chucks it out without me noticing.
Mar 13, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
I more often regret not selling or getting rid of things sooner. I like empty space, clear surfaces, and being able to put everything in its proper place.

YayaChibi said:
I sold my will to live to the act of attempting to gain a stable career, does that count?
+1

Scud said:
I hoard everything until somebody gets pissed off and chucks it out without me noticing.
I'm kinda mad just knowing that you're out there somewhere.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 13, 2018 12:09 PM

May 2013
YayaChibi said:
Gan_water said:
Not really tho I did give all my gaming systems to charity once.

I died more on the inside lmao lol.
Care to say what systems they were? Lol

Yeah I died lol.

Um it was like all of them... n64, ps1, ps2, xbox, xbox 360, dreamcast... yeah .... Well, what are material objects anyhow? It's all karma now.

but i have consoles again now
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 13, 2018 12:18 PM

Apr 2017
i regret selling every sneaker that i've ever sold
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 13, 2018 12:21 PM

May 2013
YayaChibi said:
Gan_water said:

Yeah I died lol.

Um it was like all of them... n64, ps1, ps2, xbox, xbox 360, dreamcast... yeah .... Well, what are material objects anyhow? It's all karma now.

but i have consoles again now

Lmao lol that's actually quite a lot of money you could get out of that lol lmao
Did you get anything out of it? Lol

Nah dude like I said I gave it to charity. I went through like a month phase where I wanted to rid myself of all possessions and lead a completely meditative lifestyle. I sold my guitar amp too in that time. I nearly sold my damn guitar.

But as it turns out, I decided to come back to stuff like that instead of casting it aside :)

And I don't regret selling the guitar amp, it was way too big. Got a smaller one now.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 13, 2018 12:26 PM

May 2016
My virginity

oh wait I still have it.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 13, 2018 12:28 PM

May 2013
Nas said:
My virginity

oh wait I still have it.

No worries I don't think anybody is buying lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 13, 2018 12:30 PM

May 2016
Gan_water said:
Nas said:
My virginity

oh wait I still have it.

Well, maybe prostitutes though......
Formerly known as:
Mar 13, 2018 12:31 PM

Apr 2017
Nas said:
Gan_water said:

uhh that's not how it works sorry bro
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 13, 2018 12:32 PM

May 2013
Nas said:
Gan_water said:

Better save up boy I wouldn't spend less than 5 k on a hoe lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 13, 2018 12:34 PM

May 2016
Gan_water said:
Nas said:

Better save up boy I wouldn't spend less than 5 k on a hoe lol

The OG Bulgarian doesn't love these hoes....
Formerly known as:
Mar 13, 2018 12:36 PM

May 2016
sekai- said:
Nas said:

uhh that's not how it works sorry bro

no need to apologize. So don't be sorry.
Formerly known as:
Mar 13, 2018 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't really sell it but my parents gave away my sega genesis and super nintendo as well as all of my games for them. Granted we didn't have an adapter for me to play them on my new TV, but the person who we gave them to was a family member who went to jail and lost them somewhere so I'm super salty.

That being said thank goodness I got a snes classic which has at least all of my favorites that were lost.
Mar 13, 2018 3:26 PM

Mar 2018
I sold a laptop that I didn't want to use anymore but a few days later my sister wanted to use it because her broke so I should have given it to her instead.
Mar 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Sep 2017
Rip Xbox Original.
You will be missed. :(
Mar 13, 2018 5:10 PM

May 2013
YayaChibi said:
Gan_water said:

Nah dude like I said I gave it to charity. I went through like a month phase where I wanted to rid myself of all possessions and lead a completely meditative lifestyle. I sold my guitar amp too in that time. I nearly sold my damn guitar.

But as it turns out, I decided to come back to stuff like that instead of casting it aside :)

And I don't regret selling the guitar amp, it was way too big. Got a smaller one now.

Lmao Oh damn that's some deep shit I didn't expect lol lmao lol

Guitar amps are expensive though holy shit lmao lol I stopped playing because it was expensive to get another anp + to constantly buy strings and picks lmao lol Good for you though that you got a more convenient one out of it lol

And now I even need a new one. Been using tube amps, but I might not mind a solid state instead. Probably better for recording.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 13, 2018 5:16 PM

Oct 2016
Basically games and figures, mostly because of the price i sold them (i was a really dumb child that sold things cheap and bought things expensive).
Mar 13, 2018 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
I don't regret selling anything, I regret not getting more money from them
Mar 13, 2018 5:45 PM
Jul 2018

Don't think I had anything like that.. In most cases it was something that could be easily replaced so I have no regrets. Some people are just attached to stuff they own, maybe because of nostalgia. My father is like that and he always resists the idea to sell useless stuff.
Mar 13, 2018 5:48 PM

Jun 2015
sold a couple of skins in a game few years ago, they ended up being double the price i sold them. but that's what i get for being impatient lol.
Mar 13, 2018 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
Anything that I sold to gamestop for their crappy store credit.

Mar 13, 2018 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
I had the sickest yugioh deck back in the day...

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Mar 13, 2018 8:19 PM

Aug 2015
RIP my Pokemon deck, I gave those away :(

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Mar 13, 2018 9:09 PM

Dec 2013
no i actually regret never selling any of my shit, i will not be surprised if i become like a mini hoarder when i grow up......but its so hard to let go of all the material items i own......

i have some cds just piling up i dont even use cd players anymore but i spent so much money on them god
Mar 13, 2018 9:42 PM

May 2013
not sure if this counts because i gave it away as a gift rather than selling it off, but i totally regret giving away my toy light saber in third grade. it was made of pretty durable hard plastic and with a flick of the wrist, the sabre part would fly out and theres a mini button on the handle where you press to make it light up.

third grade me regretted it the day after and i still sometimes think about it. i dont particularly miss it but it was pretty cool and i shouldve kept it for myself :P
Mar 13, 2018 11:56 PM

Oct 2014
My Old Playstation, and any GameCube game I traded in for store credit cause I was a kid and was scrounging for the extra funds for that one new game.

I could be playing FFIV, Chrono Trigger or Digimon World 2 right now ;A;

More topics from this board

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

67 by Rhaelynne »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

33 by elgatosaika »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
60 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 3 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.