Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2018 2:55 PM

Aug 2017
Just like last year, people are mad about the Anime awards. I for one don't care about it. I mean if my favorite show wins then what? The award doesn't mean anything to me.
Despite it meaning something for the animators and the company.
I think that the Anime awards will always piss people off and people will complain about a show they didn't think should win, win..
Yuri On Ice won most of the awards last year and people need to understand that when you let people vote their own choices your favorite anime might not win.
News Flash

Not everyone thinks or likes the same shows as you

If a particular show should've won then why have the awards? We should just handpick shows and say they are this because we already had our opinion beforehand.
Either people will prevent others from voting and fan voting will be restricted. Or Judges maybe get less power.
Someone is getting left out because of outrage. Anime awards is literally something that everyone gets and all people do is complain about the choices that weren't their favorites.
Does anyone watch the grammys, oscars? Choices win that many felt shouldn't have.
I think it's ok to disagree, but to make it this problem is stupid.

It's only anime.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2018 2:56 PM

Apr 2016
Dude you watched like 10 anime shows, of course it's not a big deal for you.

Mar 1, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2017
everyone must like what I like or they are a pleb
Mar 1, 2018 2:58 PM

Aug 2017
Swagernator said:

To think my MAL list is a representation of the amount of anime I watched is really ignorant. Not everyone cares to updating that list like some on here. Also, did you really check? Wow...
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 1, 2018 2:59 PM

Apr 2016
Halpher said:
Swagernator said:

To think my MAL list is a representation of the amount of anime I watched is really ignorant. Not everyone cares to updating that list like some on here. Also, did you really check? Wow...

Good, then spend the time filling your list, rather than with this thread about nothing.
Mar 1, 2018 3:00 PM

Apr 2017
Anime awards are bad, not because of whether they picked good or bad shows to recognize, but because no one should give a shit about stupid awards.
iSpadeMar 1, 2018 3:10 PM
Mar 1, 2018 3:02 PM

Jan 2018
We already know it was just a bunch of opinions, but when people are calling it "professional opinions", it's just kinda sad to see that

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 1, 2018 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
They like something I don't like like. That award is thrash. Says every award hater when their favorite don't win. Salty people are always amusing to watch whenever their favorite don't win. I have a good popcorn time in the Crunchy Roll award thread.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Mar 1, 2018 3:08 PM
Jan 2014
Lmao @ TC having two seasons of HeroAca in his favourites.
Mar 1, 2018 3:09 PM

Jul 2017
Anime awards give us something to talk and debate about at-least

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 1, 2018 3:11 PM

Apr 2017
Fakegoose said:

and make approximately 600 threads to rant about because a couple of people didn't like their show

Apr 2017
I wouldn't call it bad for what they chose, though it skews a lot with popularity. I'd call it bad because it's an award show, and those are always dumb.

Jul 2017
Spades said:
Fakegoose said:

and make approximately 600 threads to rant about because a couple of people didn't like their show

yeah...maybe they're not so great :/

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 1, 2018 3:12 PM

Apr 2017
The_Missing_Link said:
I wouldn't call it bad for what they chose, though it skews a lot with popularity. I'd call it bad because it's an award show, and those are always dumb.

exactly I can't stand watching them even when the critics agree with me it's too boring
Mar 1, 2018 3:15 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This time, I'm not mad about anime awards since the abomination called yuri on ice wasn't around...
Mar 1, 2018 3:18 PM

Nov 2014
It's an award show, they're never really any good. This one was just particularly hard to watch because of all the cringe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2018 3:22 PM

Apr 2016
For me the biggest problem is not with the winners, but the way the awards are organised. I see a few problems there:
1. Names of some awards. Best Boy and Best Girl automatically exclude adult characters. It should instead be named Best Male and Best Female Character to give everyone a chance.
2. Nominating 2 characters from the same anime in one category. It's just unfair and the nomination could be given to another character.
3. Nominating shows in categories they don't really belong to. As much as I love Mahoutsukai no Yome it's not really a drama. It shouldn't even be nominated in that category.
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Mar 1, 2018 4:38 PM

Jun 2017
Yep , it's true , but , I don't know man , I feel that your threads don't invite us to discuss anything , this is something you'd post on FB or twitter , like , "These awards don't mean a shit!!" , 5 likes , 2 retweets , etc, just saying...

Mar 1, 2018 4:46 PM
Aug 2016
Awards in a nutshell = A Popularity Contest

Mar 1, 2018 4:49 PM

Jun 2017
Of course they're amazing. It allows the egotistical twats to go at it and that is extremely amusing.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Mar 1, 2018 6:43 PM

Apr 2017
SeidouTZ said:
Please spare me your false bravado. While is true that people should not view awards giving ceremonies in such a high regard, you should not discard them as a whole. After all the true of the matter is that people will always be drawn to know who won in all the diferent categories and will want to discuss/comment on whatever or not a series should had won a particular entry or not. Is fun in that regard ultimately serving as a way of the fans celebrating the media they so much enjoy.
There will never exist a concession within the community sure, but is up to the ones responsible for the nominations to at the very least diversify the choices and not make it seem like a whole thing is nothing more then a huge circlejerk for the most popular series that aired in said year.

lol if you need people to decide your opinions for you then go ahead. I'm done with these award threads
Mar 1, 2018 7:11 PM

Nov 2007
The OP finishes his thread post with "It's only anime." like some messiah he is sent for the anime community or something. OP doesn't realize the entire thread he created became garbage and his opinion on the subject matter became garbage the moment he spent enough time to create a thread like this and finishing it with "It's only anime."
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2015
I complain, but I don't have anything to vote for uwu

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 1, 2018 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
The anime awards are ignorable. if you're like I was last year, I trolled the votes with 1000 submissions for a character fav of mine that nobody except myself cared about. I just did that for the lulz, sadly they never displayed the results for the "other" category.
Mar 1, 2018 11:53 PM

Apr 2011
There’s an anime award?

Well if it helps motivate anime companies to do better then sounds good to me.
Mar 2, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2016
Halpher said:

News Flash

It's only anime.

THIS.

But most people on MAL don't get this. There's a reason otakus are looked down upon by non-otakus, and it is precisely bc of such reasons.
Mar 2, 2018 12:04 AM

Dec 2016
yomachi said:
There’s an anime award?

Well if it helps motivate anime companies to do better then sounds good to me.

They're actually popularity polls, which are for some reason, labelled as awards. Misleading.
Mar 2, 2018 12:05 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I don't think they are bad either. The problem isn't just crunchyroll. It is also the judges and voters. It isn't crunchyrolls fault that that everyone voted for my hero academia. Did the judges make it skewed? Maybe. Did crunchyroll tell them to? Maybe. But the voters voted. You can't do anything about that in an open contest. There is no way to please everyone. All they can do is slightly improve their methods each year.
Mar 2, 2018 12:54 AM

Aug 2017
Until YOI won the awards everybody suddenly care about the awards so much but before that no one gave a shit about the awards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 2, 2018 1:20 AM

Jan 2018
I wouldn't care so much for awards show unless people show it to me. I also agree with first point of #post 17. I think it is fun to complain or ride your happy horse and go around about telling everybody that your opinion matters because it was done in a sacred ritual of giving noble status to anime titles.
Mar 2, 2018 1:25 AM

Jun 2017
Anime awards suck because Made in Abyss got the anime of the year reward. It should have been My Hero Academia

Mar 2, 2018 1:37 AM
Nov 2017
I mean, did you see the judges?

All i see are normies with shit taste
Mar 2, 2018 1:42 AM

Jan 2018
Hyrtest said:

Whoa aren't they the people in the industry themselves?
Mar 2, 2018 3:11 AM
Nov 2017
hazecloud said:
Hyrtest said:

How dare you quoting me? Get rid of the shit shows in your favs and get a better mean score so we can talk like a real men
Mar 2, 2018 3:21 AM

Feb 2017
I don't know mate, that's like another popularity poll for me so I don't care much though
Mar 2, 2018 3:27 AM

Dec 2016
The live show was cringy as hell though.
Mar 2, 2018 3:35 AM
Sep 2017
Hyrtest said:
hazecloud said:

How dare you quoting me? Get rid of the shit shows in your favs and get a better mean score so we can talk like a real men

It's 2018 but we are still seeing shitposts with mean score and normies. Real men don't troll on MAL, retard. They have a life, unlike you obviously. It doesn't take an anime expert or even somebody who hasn't watched anime at all to see the absolute lack of logic in both your posts.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 2, 2018 3:37 AM

Feb 2013
did a cr employee even go to the studios that won to give them the award?
cuz if not then lol these arent even real awards.. just an internet polll (unlike grammys, oscars)
Mar 2, 2018 3:54 AM

Jan 2018
Hyrtest said:
hazecloud said:

"Real men". Whatever floats your boat
Mar 2, 2018 4:38 AM

Apr 2017
am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about those awards?

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Mar 2, 2018 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
i dont really care about the anime awards and trash My Hero Academia won most of the awards anyway
Mar 2, 2018 4:56 AM

Mar 2015
awards lot of time ended as popularity poll... of course people outside the popular poll either didn't give a fuck or hate it... as simple as that...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 2, 2018 4:57 AM
Aug 2016
People who care about The Anime Awards sure as hell are sad.
Mar 2, 2018 5:08 AM

Jan 2016
Why people still care about anime awards. Just ignore it.
Mar 2, 2018 5:12 AM

Aug 2017
Sonal1988 said:
Halpher said:

News Flash

It's only anime.

THIS.

But most people on MAL don't get this. There's a reason otakus are looked down upon by non-otakus, and it is precisely bc of such reasons.

Sure you can disagree with selections and which show won, but everyone is overexagerrating. Just because a show won too many times or a show didn’t win doesn’t mean something was bad, but mainly that not many thought the same as them. You got people now dismissing others as if they got the winners wrong.
Mainly, I would complain about the nominations and not the winners. This is for the fans and the fans spoke, but people are mad that they didn’t ”Say the same words as them”
That ifony when people complain about favoritism with favoritism.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 5:14 AM

Aug 2017
Frectus said:
Anime awards suck because Made in Abyss got the anime of the year reward. It should have been My Hero Academia

But ppl would complain that My Hero Academia won again. It’s hilarious.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 5:18 AM

Aug 2017
S-quare22 said:
am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about those awards?

I don’t give a shit about them either. I never knew they existed until my brother told me.
I was only concerned at one thing and thats fans(so-called community) would vote for things they claim to hate. However, when Yuri on Ics won, I was laughing due to everyone complaining and it only showed how many people don’t represent the community or how their opinion doesn’t matter.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 5:19 AM

Aug 2017
Detective1412 said:
Why people still care about anime awards. Just ignore it.

I ignore it alot. It doesn’t mean anything to me.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 5:22 AM

Aug 2015
"Why the fuck did [anime I don't like] win and not [my favourite anime]? Rigged bullshit.

I mean, i-it's not like I actually care about the awards or anything!"

Ctrl C + V this reaction for basically every award show.
Mar 2, 2018 5:30 AM

Aug 2017
Spades said:
Anime awards are bad, not because of whether they picked good or bad shows to recognize, but because no one should give a shit about stupid awards.

As I don’t care about the awards, people did care if you saw how they made fun of it.
SeidouTZ said:
Please spare me your false bravado. While is true that people should not view awards giving ceremonies in such a high regard, you should not discard them as a whole. After all the true of the matter is that people will always be drawn to know who won in all the diferent categories and will want to discuss/comment on whatever or not a series should had won a particular entry or not. Is fun in that regard ultimately serving as a way of the fans celebrating the media they so much enjoy.
There will never exist a concession within the community sure, but is up to the ones responsible for the nominations to at the very least diversify the choices and not make it seem like a whole thing is nothing more then a huge circlejerk for the most popular series that aired in said year.

It’s not a circle jerk. Many people felt that Hero Academia was the best selection compared to others. You’re virtue signaling and trying to force obligation on voters who don’t care what you want. No one was repeating that Hero Academia was the best as infact it’s the opposite as people complained.
I don’t have a huge bravado...this isn’t worth it. Anime awards isn’t a discussion if you don’t allow them to vote for what they feel is best. It looks like it isn’t serving fans because fans bitch that the fans got it wrong or a show won too much.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
3 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
16 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.