Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 24, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Matsuri and Mei has a bit of a tense rivalry thing going on. That kiss between the two though!
Yuzu is kinda caught in the middle of it.

However, I still like the relationship between Yuzu and Mei much better. They're getting closer even this episode too with the hands holding. Mitsuru really is not shy on getting her point across. The battle lines have been drawn!
Stark700Feb 24, 2018 8:30 AM
Feb 24, 2018 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
Mei sure caught Matsuri off guard with the kiss, sucks that Matsuri is totally trying to disrupt Yuzu and Mei's relationship. :(

The second half with the snow and Mei and Yuzu sitting at the bus stop was pretty sweet.

Harumin with her little kid act in the second half cracked me up. Yuzu should've let Harumin come to the party because of everything she does for her but I get it, it has to be a 'family' party. xD

Matsuri is gonna pull something probably blackmail with that picture now. :|
Feb 24, 2018 8:36 AM
Dec 2013
somehow i think ship mei more with matsuri than with yuzu lol

more harumin best girl
Feb 24, 2018 8:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Matsuri's date with Yuzu got spoiled by Mei's appearance huh. That girl certainly doesn't minse words though. Mei's reaction to Matsuri's confrontation though was surprising. So thats how Yuzu and Matsuri met for the first time. Matsuri sure was meek and quiet when they first met. Yuzu's trying pretty hard to get Mei into their family celebrations for Christmas. Student council work sure is tough huh. But Himiko's wish for Mei at least was sincere. Looks like Matsuri has other plans for Mei though. An interesting episode that did a great job expanding upon Matsuri's character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2018 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
Well this was an interesting episode. Not really much happening tho.

https://imgur.com/a/TKWyz
Feb 24, 2018 8:43 AM
Dec 2013
PS: anxiously waiting for someone to claim that mei raped matsuri
Feb 24, 2018 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
Little Yuzu already dyed her hair as a kid? lol

God bless the Harumin's scene even though it's short.
Feb 24, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
And the rivalry with Matsuri and Mei begins. So Matsuri was expecting Mei to something to her so she can use the picture blackmail for later. Harumin saved the episode for me. She's simply the best character.
BlackstarFallenFeb 24, 2018 9:23 AM
Feb 24, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2011
Matsuri is boring and annoying. I didn't think someone more annoying than the main characters could appear in this show.
Feb 24, 2018 9:18 AM
Dec 2013
theloliguardian said:
theres a really good reason why, but unfortunately its not gonna be explored in the anime, at least not in this season
Feb 24, 2018 9:19 AM
Dec 2013
BlackstarFallen said:
And the rivalry with Matsuri and Mei begins. So Matsuri was expecting Mei to kiss her so she can use the picture blackmail for later. Harumin saved the episode for me. She's simply the best character.
actually she expected mei to hit her, even the little boys say so themselves
Feb 24, 2018 9:26 AM
Feb 2017
MHEEC said:
theloliguardian said:
theres a really good reason why, but unfortunately its not gonna be explored in the anime, at least not in this season

I forgot why. Could you remind me?
Feb 24, 2018 9:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The story continues and now we know a little more the Mei personality!!!!
Feb 24, 2018 9:46 AM
Dec 2013
HelpMeFindAnime said:
MHEEC said:

Feb 24, 2018 10:42 AM
May 2016
I miss the excitement of the first six episodes. Yuzu and Mei couldn't stop kissing haha. The pace is so slow since Matsuri showed up!

I can see why Harumi has a lot of fans. Her one quick appearance was a highlight of the episode. It'd rather see her in the love triangle than Matsuri!

Go away Matsuri. GO AWAY!
Feb 24, 2018 11:27 AM

Aug 2015
Things could have been so much easier if they agreed to sharing... At the same time...
Feb 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Apr 2016
wow i thought the VP was annoying. Matsuri makes me wanna kms
Feb 24, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2016
with every episode i am finding it harder and harder to enjoy this show
Feb 24, 2018 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
How cute that the bear got a party outfit, that wasn't even part of the manga… good idea tbh
I love you Harumi
Feb 24, 2018 12:21 PM

Dec 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
Matsuri is boring and annoying. I didn't think someone more annoying than the main characters could appear in this show.

Whaaaaat ? The show WOULD be boring if Matsuri weren't here.
Mei doesn't seem to know what a real relationship is, and she's even more confused since it's about her sister. She wouldn't have made forward steps, if Matsuri were not here to "motivate" her.
Look how Mei is getting jealous and is getting closer to Yuzu to not let anyone else steal her from her. She wouldn't have done that if she were not forced to, and now she's going to realize she loves her.

Matsuri is amazing in her own way. I honestly love Mei and Yuzu, but it would have been boring if there were not a perturbing element like Matsuri.

edit: Also, if you think the main characters are boring and annoying, why do you even watch this anime, since it's all about them ? you're not making any sense man

Vacu0us said:

Thennn quit fucking watching it and leave these topics for the ones that are actually interested in it and are making objectives remarks. Instead of coming in every episode discussion saying "i hate this anime, im gonna kms" **a week later** : "i hate this anime even more, im rly gonna kms now" **a week later** "it's coming guys, i ordered the rope it's for soon, i hate this anime" **a week later,

lol, i mean you understand how frustrating these useless messages are for others ?
teisseireFeb 24, 2018 12:29 PM
Feb 24, 2018 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
I was blessed by harumin's apperance at the end, thank you Yuri Godess
that being said, i ship Matsuri and Mei now xD let's all join the no-hope ship
Feb 24, 2018 12:41 PM

Nov 2016
Matsuris plan was so obvious,tho I was expecting them to make a video.

Anyway,guess it's just a matter of time before we get some trouble again.

Looking forward to the x-mas episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 24, 2018 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
teisseire said:

Vacu0us said:

Thennn quit fucking watching it and leave these topics for the ones that are actually interested in it and are making objectives remarks. Instead of coming in every episode discussion saying "i hate this anime, im gonna kms" **a week later** : "i hate this anime even more, im rly gonna kms now" **a week later** "it's coming guys, i ordered the rope it's for soon, i hate this anime" **a week later,

lol, i mean you understand how frustrating these useless messages are for others ?

first of all don’t tell me what to do. second of all i didn’t say i don’t find any enjoyment in it, there have been a few worthwhile moments. seriously though, i don’t get why you are being so immature when this is a forum where you post your OPINIONS they can be good or bad... and if i really wanted to drop a show, i would just drop it. stop being so pathetic and complaining when someone doesn’t agree with you
Feb 24, 2018 12:58 PM

Dec 2017
Vacu0us said:
teisseire said:

first of all don’t tell me what to do. second of all i didn’t say i don’t find any enjoyment in it, there have been a few worthwhile moments. seriously though, i don’t get why you are being so immature when this is a forum where you post your OPINIONS they can be good or bad... and if i really wanted to drop a show, i would just drop it. stop being so pathetic and complaining when someone doesn’t agree with you

It's not that I hate anyone saying it's a bad show. I like it but i'm not blind and I see the flaws in it. But as a sign of respect and not to trigger people, if I want to express my negative opinion, I would give fair reasons.

Don't get me wrong I'm not that kind of hateful guy flaming anyone "just bcz u dnt like what i like", it's just that I see people every week just posting messages like "dis show is bad", and this is triggering me, at least post the fucking reason and don't use these topics just to release your negativity

anyway, peace, let's not make this further, if you really really want to reply just make it through pm, let's keep this place clean :D
teisseireFeb 24, 2018 1:02 PM
Feb 24, 2018 1:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Harumin (aka Best Girl), in any party I make you would be number one on the guest list.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 24, 2018 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
We need more Harumin, best girl of the season.
Feb 24, 2018 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
I had a very strange sense of deja vu while watching the date scenes only to find out that they were at Ocean City Odaiba. Weird. I must've realized I'd seen the place before in the back of my mind.

Anyway, at this rate, I wonder if they can fit in the vol. 3 bonus chapter. This episode felt extra slow.
Feb 24, 2018 2:16 PM

Jul 2011
Matsuri was quite bold on shopping center, that couple was freaked out D:

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Feb 24, 2018 2:17 PM

Nov 2015
I seem to be the only one that doesn't like Mei. I hope Yuzu ends up with Matsuri. Matsuri has good intentions. Mei is a manipulative whore. What reason is there to side with Mei? She treats Yuzu like shit and the only reason Mei has been warming up to Yuzu is because she is possessive and wants to control her. She doesn't like that her plaything is playing with other girls. If this anime was more realistic Yuzu would have ditched Mei a long time ago.
fuck
Feb 24, 2018 2:25 PM
Dec 2013
Farabeuf said:
Harumin (aka Best Girl), in any party I make you would be number one on the guest list.
she would be the only one in my guess list

Aszalee said:
I seem to be the only one that doesn't like Mei. I hope Yuzu ends up with Matsuri. Matsuri has good intentions. Mei is a manipulative whore. What reason is there to side with Mei? She treats Yuzu like shit and the only reason Mei has been warming up to Yuzu is because she is possessive and wants to control her. She doesn't like that her plaything is playing with other girls. If this anime was more realistic Yuzu would have ditched Mei a long time ago.
hr actions are gonna be explored further, just wait for it. or in case you dont want to wait, read the manga and you will find out mei is much more decent than she seems
Feb 24, 2018 3:01 PM

Jul 2016
Matsuri is quite annoying and I get the idea of her character as a tool to develop Mei's but I can't help it. I really was expecting Mei to bitchslap her when they were "alone"... sigh*.

The second part, as a result, was more enjoyable due to her absence. Not to mention the few seconds screentime of best girl Harumin!!

And as an aside note, I found myself really sympathetic toward Yuzu. I like her personality since ep. 1 and she really is a good girl and for that reason, I would like her to be more aware of Matsuri's intentions toward her and Mei but whatever... oh, and to stop bleming herself for everything that happen around her.. it's not her fault Matsuri to be like that.
Feb 24, 2018 3:29 PM

May 2015
Oh god, Matsuri's nasty mode.... Definitely my least favorite part in the manga.

Putting that aside, loved the Mei and Yuzu moments, and can't forget, Harumin.

Great episode.

Feb 24, 2018 3:31 PM
Oct 2017
I really don’t like matsuri, I get that she’s there for the drama and to disrupt their relationship but still, she’s just a shitty character.
Overall I’d give this episode a 7.
Feb 24, 2018 3:37 PM

Dec 2015
This show turned from a guilty pleasure to offensively bad real quick. That scene with Mei aggressively force-kissing Matsuri to "get back at her" is one of the most off-putting and ham-fisted cases of character writing I have seen in quite a while.

I really thought I could've made it through this show enjoying a mildly fan-servicey yuri romance with fun characters that doesn't take itself too seriously, but I found moments in this episode too egregious to ignore.

Dropped.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 24, 2018 4:12 PM
Nov 2015
Oh boy every episode the ending cliff hanger is so scandalous, makes you think shit is going to happy but then you know Mei will just tongue bash her way through it all.
Feb 24, 2018 4:29 PM

Jul 2010
Good lord Matsuri is as much obnoxious as her voice is. I hope this arc ends soon.

Also just wearing headphones all the time is not cool, just stupid.
Feb 24, 2018 4:36 PM

Feb 2016
in immidiate need for a harumin :/
Feb 24, 2018 5:17 PM

Jul 2014
Matsuri is so annoying, please BURN IN HELL!!!.

I really liked the moments between Yuzu and Mei, they are finally getting closer but obviously there has to be drama. I mean, what did Yuzu kiss Matsuri for? Yuzu definitely caught her off guard but I feel like it was completely unnecessary.

And the best moment of the episode is undoubtedly Harumin's short but precious appearance...Harumin BEST GIRL!
Feb 24, 2018 5:20 PM

Jan 2017
Mei and yuzu's relationship seems pretty much set in stone about now-ish, though I can't say for sure
But, my god, matsuri is such a side character; she can't compete with Mei.. rendering her completely useless.
God, she possesses me off so much

Well, this sums up the fact that matsuri really peeves me off; and this scene from today's nanatsu no taizai perfectly demonstrates so. (this is how I feel watching Matsuri in Citrus )
That's my stupid head in front of kings face and you get the rest...

Anyways, this episode was alright... If there's no plot twist -of which there most likely is, hopefully please don't do something stupid to keep viewers engaged- things may turn to a more intense Yuri (and yes, this is a prime example of a stupid direction to take!).

P.S.
The bad "Photoshopping" is intentional, although can't do a good Photoshop in general 😂😅😅

Now, moving onto the next anime... Darling in the franxx
Feb 24, 2018 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Matsuri must die!
Feb 24, 2018 5:53 PM

Oct 2017
THIS EPISODE WAS HILARIOUS sad, and heartwarming at the same time just like the majority of this first season in a hopefully continuing adaptation. Matsuri being perverse was funny, but it was used to the advantage of the story. The scenes with Yuzu and Mei were really heartwarming and i am feeling that it is going somewhere. Also is it just me or is Matsuri listening to Eurobeat. Can someone please edit the music on her headphones to be GASGASGAS by Manuel. That would be hilarious
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 24, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2017
tambi33 said:
Mei and yuzu's relationship seems pretty much set in stone about now-ish, though I can't say for sure
But, my god, matsuri is such a side character; she can't compete with Mei.. rendering her completely useless.

Well, this sums up the fact that matsuri really peeves me off; and this scene from today's nanatsu no taizai perfectly demonstrates so. (this is how I feel watching Matsuri in Citrus )

Anyways, this episode was alright... If there's no plot twist -of which there most likely is, hopefully please don't do something stupid to keep viewers engaged- things may turn to a more intense Yuri (and yes, this is a prime example of a stupid direction to take!).

P.S.
The bad "Photoshopping" is intentional, although can't do a good Photoshop in general 😂😅😅

That edit is fuckkin great
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 24, 2018 5:59 PM

Jan 2017
LSSJ_Gaming said:
tambi33 said:

P.S.

That edit is fuckkin great

Thanks mate, exactly what I was going for! 😂😂
Feb 24, 2018 6:18 PM
Dec 2013
SillySempai said:
Oh boy every episode the ending cliff hanger is so scandalous, makes you think shit is going to happy but then you know Mei will just tongue bash her way through it all.
boy, you have no idea how wrong you are. no spoilers though

Tenth said:
Also just wearing headphones all the time is not cool, just stupid.
if you had really got the point of the character you would know that that has absolutely nothing to do with looking cool
Feb 24, 2018 6:23 PM

Oct 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Mei sure caught Matsuri off guard with the kiss, sucks that Matsuri is totally trying to disrupt Yuzu and Mei's relationship. :(

The second half with the snow and Mei and Yuzu sitting at the bus stop was pretty sweet.

Harumin with her little kid act in the second half cracked me up. Yuzu should've let Harumin come to the party because of everything she does for her but I get it, it has to be a 'family' party. xD

Matsuri is gonna pull something probably blackmail with that picture now. :|

I agree with your prediction. NOTE THAT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE MANGA YET SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS TRUE
Feb 24, 2018 6:28 PM

Dec 2017
oh matsuri, you really don't know what you're talking about

and also what's bothering me is when the animation get all blurry and shitty-looking like that scene at the bus stop, why are they doing that
Feb 24, 2018 6:37 PM

Apr 2012
Harumin knows that Yuzu is a lesbian who wants to start a lesbian relationship and says that she will make a good wife. Oh, lol.

But if seriously, I'm starting to get a little worries that the show sees yuri exclusively as an exaggerated female friendship or a sexual desire between two girls and nothing more. It's a bit strange.
Feb 24, 2018 7:03 PM

Sep 2017
God, I hate Matsuri. I love how Mei just did not give a damn about what Matsuri was saying to her though. And of course she handled it in typically Mei fashion: with an aggressive kiss. I'm really starting to love the relationship between Yuzu and Mei, and I'm looking forward to seeing that develop.
Feb 24, 2018 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
i take back everything i said about Mei's twin-drill buddy...Matsuri is light years ahead on the hate scale
Harumiin showing up made this episode bearable, best girl!
Feb 24, 2018 8:26 PM
Jan 2018
MHEEC said:
HelpMeFindAnime said:

Wow, that’s deep. Yuzu is honestly the heart of this show
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

126 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.