Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tama and Pochi seems pretty much happier now ;o

Meh, first half of this episode felt boring except for that play. I'm not sure I like Arisa much at all in this show. Very bratty character and hard to take seriously. Not much action this episode but feels more like they're expanding more with the story narratives. The short fight against the ants felt pretty forgettable.

I must say though, Tama and Pochi's lives are much better now.
Stark700Feb 15, 2018 8:49 AM
Feb 15, 2018 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't really enjoy it, really the series kinda disappoint me and this episode is included.

The first half was very boring and not even worth mentioning.

The second half wasn't bad but I wish that the little action scene when he saved that Elf would be a little longer and more stressful on the heroin, it didn't feel like there was any danger.

More new characters this episode, Elf dude seems interesting, we don't know nothing on Elf girl yet so i'll see about her.

2.5/5 (3/5 in poll) I hope for the next one to be better like the previous one.

Feb 15, 2018 8:59 AM

Jan 2018
I was expecting some good action in this episode, but I guess I my expectations were to good to be true. Feeling kinda dissapointed about this episode.
Feb 15, 2018 9:17 AM
Aug 2014
The first half of the show is so boring. Just very standard generic harem show with generic mc satou. It started off good but started to go downhill really fast when his harem expands.
Feb 15, 2018 9:31 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm....well I remembered the beginning with the play and the end with Mia but somehow the ant attack had completely left my mind. XD Well, regardless a good job by all! And now to watch the plot thicken regarding Mia's plight...
Feb 15, 2018 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
my god, the VA for the MC is so trash it hurts my ears
Feb 15, 2018 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
Just watched this episode, and I already forgot what the first half of it was about. The second half had some potential but just fell flat in terms of content. It is actually becoming a drag to keep watching this, so I may just drop it now.
Feb 15, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2014
Not the best episode imo. The first part was nice and Arisa scored some best girl points, but the ants were meh. I guess it's meant to push story, but I don't really watch this anime for fights...
At least new loli appeared. And Satou gained some nice skills this time. I hope he will use his mastered "sexual techniques" at some point lol
Feb 15, 2018 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
The first half was pretty boring, but the play was interesting. Arisa is annoying. The part with the ants was okay. Satou now has an elf loli for his harem and gained some new skills.
Feb 15, 2018 10:38 AM

Sep 2011
The episode was on par with the rest of the series - boring, arbitrary, uneventful, and forgettable.
Feb 15, 2018 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
well this series tend to get confusing sometimes...I am now baffled as to where the plot is going
Feb 15, 2018 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
All the good impression from last episode is gone. It was so unbelievably dull and incoherent. Weird mash up of a completely pointless play, monster extermination quest, new subplot and really poor attempt at either world or character building. At some point I just stopped paying attention and let it play on the side.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 15, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2017
Next episode name: "Camping Lessons That Began With a Death March"
Two episodes of Yuru Camp in one week /s

Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Feb 15, 2018 11:09 AM

Jun 2016
MC decided to buy a house, but he didn't. Then he watched a play yet to been related with anything. Later there is a forgettable and unnecessary fight against lvl 3 ants, wich lacked any emotion. Finally, a short fight where he met another loli.

Everything was so random and weird edited that actually felt like somebody playing a game. I was hoping this show to improve but it seems isn't gonna happen.
DjerabisFeb 15, 2018 11:13 AM
Feb 15, 2018 11:11 AM

Feb 2007
Nadi is good at her job, even when she's not actually asked to do anything... :D

The slaves (well, they technically still are, even if Satoo doesn't really want to see them as that) are doing much better now, even if I do wish a bit they would not have gotten in the way of the date.

That play was suspicious indeed. It was pretty clear the ending was modified to change some inconvenient facts. Satoo probably should have explained the true facts to Zena as well, although I guess that would not have really changed much about her opinion on the situation presented by the play, just given a different situation to begin with. Still, at least she would agree on the source of the problem in the real case, then.

Nice penny throwing. :D Reminds me a bit of Willem's trickery in Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?, although with different goals, seeing how Satoo is doing this to hide his skills, not exaggerate them.

Pochi and Tama make an excellent pair of fighters, protecting each other's backs.

The manager is an interesting guy.

Damn those ants, getting in the way of the date as well, though...

Smart guy Satoo, excellently handling that swindler-wannabe soldier.

Saving people always helps with getting on their good side, nice to see the girls appreciated too.

That bit of drinking sure gave Satoo some interesting new skils... :D

And then some new unexpected interesting developments... More (explanations) to come next time, I guess.
Feb 15, 2018 12:29 PM
Mar 2016
Oh great they've just added another harem member.
Feb 15, 2018 1:05 PM
Aug 2014
and dropped
death had never marched, only harem is growing in number. Even watching for the nitpicking is no longer fun.
Feb 15, 2018 1:13 PM
Dec 2011

What coincidence, this anime seems to be somewhat fucked similarly.

Feb 15, 2018 1:14 PM

Sep 2013
Satou and Zena outing with the others joining, giant hornets and ants attacking but are taken care of.
The wererat has an elf princess with him.
Those sex skills XD
Feb 15, 2018 1:15 PM

Dec 2016
A bit rough indeed, I didn't think there would be that many problems trying to find accommodation.

That was funny how those all wanted food instead of watching the play.

I think they all did a good job getting rid of those ants.

Lmao they took him to the brother, and as for those skills he acquired.

Ah that girl again, manager said her name is Mia.
Feb 15, 2018 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty lackluster episode. Hoping the pace picks up and we get something interesting happening. Satoo's new skills he learned this episode gave me a laugh.
Feb 15, 2018 1:28 PM
Dec 2011
Whoah, they are rushing the anime even more than I expected. Before first episode I thought they will end with the maze, but it looks like it will be just 8. episode. So we might see whole Baron Muno arc. The problem is that it will be from the express train and completely rewriten by mentally ill human being like the whole anime.
Feb 15, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2010
SkyLETV said:
We're in episode 6 and there are still people who find it boring and complain about the show, but they watch it as soon as it comes out. What a masochists!

Anyway, I liked the little discussion between Zena and Arisa, and I support the latter's point of view but understand that Zena was raised differently.

Also, how the hell do you go to a brothel, do your things and when you go out say,"How did that happen?". And I refer specifically to this situation where he starts looking for a pharmacy, meets two guys he barely knows, goes with them to a brothel and at the end acts innocently. That was dumb.

You've obviously never gone out drinking with buddies before. It's a guarantee that some variant of "Where am I?" or "What just happened?" or "What did I just say/do?" will run thru your mind at least once during the night, unless you are the DD and/or you have extremely boring buddies. In that case, it's not guaranteed, only good odds. XD

Personally, I'd be questioning myself on arrival not departure...

Actually tells the story of what just happened offscreen. lol

If he maxed out those skills, would they have to change the show to OAD format? >.>

Just curious, but is the a full listing of skills posted anywhere? Or even just the total number of possible skills?
Feb 15, 2018 2:02 PM

Dec 2014
Those skills Satou developed. XD
Pretty interesting ending to the episode, wonder what Mia's issue is.

I'm growing to really like the ED song.
Feb 15, 2018 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
tetragramat said:
Whoah, they are rushing the anime even more than I expected. Before first episode I thought they will end with the maze, but it looks like it will be just 8. episode. So we might see whole Baron Muno arc. The problem is that it will be from the express train and completely rewriten by mentally ill human being like the whole anime.

No, I doubt that. It will at most get upto and perhaps slightly past where the manga is at right now. That is - unless the anime skips the witch arc and the whole journey entirely and instead gets right into the Muno arc... Though I honestly can't say for sure that that won't happen. It would be a very good place to end the anime at - unless it gets a second season right after the next one (split cour). The witch arc would just seem strange to end at if there is no guaranteed second season.

deadman80 said:
Just curious, but is the a full listing of skills posted anywhere? Or even just the total number of possible skills?

Yes, but beware of spoilers, because this list is quite far off into the future, so be escpacially careful with the titles! Also beware of some differences between the WN version and the LN/manga/anime version. The list is Satou's skill and title list from the WN version quite a ways into the story:

Grey-ZoneFeb 15, 2018 2:27 PM
Feb 15, 2018 2:25 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Zena really is attached to Satou eh. Satoo is nice to want to purchase a house for the girls though. The house choices though sure were unique though. Its nice to see the girls get new clothes. Arissa's wig sure was needed given the stigma on her hair colour. Liza's outfit sure looked like a military one though. The play was interesting though. Arissa and Zena's argument sure got heated and personal though. The invasion was brief but fun though. Tama and Poichi sure have become pretty good warriors though. Too bad that their date got ruined by the ants though. Satoo sure had a interesting encounter in the end though. An elven girl eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder whether the budget really is just low, or the director, who is known to conserve the budget for key moments (unlike most others who generally just use it up earlier rather than later) is really just holding back. The action scenes are really a disappointment. Thankfully this series isn't an action series, though the short battle against those shadows just screamed "budget conservation!" to me.

The upcoming arcs should better deliver... right now it feels lower quality than even Rakudai visual wise, the LN of which only has about half the first week sales per volume than Death March, if I remember correctly, even though it's the same anime director and Studio. I just cannot believe that they'd use such low budget for such a relatively high-ranking LN series.
Feb 15, 2018 2:42 PM

Mar 2010
@Grey-Zone: Thanks. lol Doing a quick avoid-reading-edit, looks like he has 243x unlocked skills in the WN as of 03/31/16, which would be a massive list for a game.
Feb 15, 2018 2:45 PM
Jul 2014
The sheer amount of these series that have a 'real world protagonist enters fantasy world' setting which devolved into the MC being god-like and a harem lord says loads about the authors IMO.

And it goes beyond just a few of the genre...almost all of them use this same copy+paste approach these days.
Feb 15, 2018 2:47 PM

Sep 2015
I am in shock Zena is blond!? why you do this anime?
Into the Internet!
Feb 15, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
deadman80 said:
@Grey-Zone: Thanks. lol Doing a quick avoid-reading-edit, looks like he has 243x unlocked skills in the WN as of 03/31/16, which would be a massive list for a game.

Note that not all of the skills are activated or at least don't have full 10 points invested in them. Also the date you mentioned is when the translation was released - not the original japanese version.

Also by now it's pretty evident at this point in the anime that this is not actually a "game" as in virtual reality, unless said "game" includes a "baby-simulator" for all the reincarnators like Arisa.
Feb 15, 2018 3:48 PM
Dec 2011
Grey-Zone said:
tetragramat said:

No, I doubt that. It will at most get upto and perhaps slightly past where the manga is at right now. That is - unless the anime skips the witch arc and the whole journey entirely and instead gets right into the Muno arc... Though I honestly can't say for sure that that won't happen. It would be a very good place to end the anime at - unless it gets a second season right after the next one (split cour). The witch arc would just seem strange to end at if there is no guaranteed second season.

Witch arc? I do not remember any witch arc. I read only WN and 32 chapters of the manga where I dropped it.
Feb 15, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2010
Feb 15, 2018 4:22 PM

Oct 2014
tetragramat said:
Grey-Zone said:

Witch arc? I do not remember any witch arc. I read only WN and 32 chapters of the manga where I dropped it.

LN/manga/anime are quite different from the WN version. The ratkin that Satou saved in anime EP6, for example, died almost immidietly after encountering him with Mia - and it happens in the wilderness instead of Seryuu City, in the WN. He actually dies in the WN while escaping from those bug monsters, but in the LN/manga/anime verse he actually managed to escape to Seryuu city before Satou even left town, moreover he survives.

I think the whole witch arc that's currently in the manga is something that wasn't in the WN, or at least it happens at a later point in the story. I think the witch existed in the WN verse as well but she wasn't mentioned until much later and in a different context.
Feb 15, 2018 4:49 PM

Jul 2014
deadman80 said:
SkyLETV said:
We're in episode 6 and there are still people who find it boring and complain about the show, but they watch it as soon as it comes out. What a masochists!

Anyway, I liked the little discussion between Zena and Arisa, and I support the latter's point of view but understand that Zena was raised differently.

Also, how the hell do you go to a brothel, do your things and when you go out say,"How did that happen?". And I refer specifically to this situation where he starts looking for a pharmacy, meets two guys he barely knows, goes with them to a brothel and at the end acts innocently. That was dumb.

You've obviously never gone out drinking with buddies before. It's a guarantee that some variant of "Where am I?" or "What just happened?" or "What did I just say/do?" will run thru your mind at least once during the night, unless you are the DD and/or you have extremely boring buddies. In that case, it's not guaranteed, only good odds. XD

I know what that expression means lmao. It's just that it seemed odd to me that two seconds ago he was worried about a girl's health and looking for a pharmacy but then he met two almost strangers and ended up in a brothel. Also, after 6 episodes of seeing the protagonist being extremely nice with a lot of girls around him and suddenly ending up in a brothel so casually. It's like it doesn't fit him.

Feb 15, 2018 5:40 PM

Mar 2010
SkyLETV said:
deadman80 said:

I know what that expression means lmao. It's just that it seemed odd to me that two seconds ago he was worried about a girl's health and looking for a pharmacy but then he met two almost strangers and ended up in a brothel. Also, after 6 episodes of seeing the protagonist being extremely nice with a lot of girls around him and suddenly ending up in a brothel so casually. It's like it doesn't fit him.

Yeah, I agree it's kind of a "wait.. what?" kind of moment, but it would be socially awkward to decline the offer of those two guys, and I know I've ended up in a strip bar wondering how I ended up there in a somewhat similar situation when I was younger, and another time I accidentally almost went to Mexico, so it really made me laugh personally. XD

Also, the whole scene would probably have been a lot funnier if CR had properly translated the line as "Let me buy you a round." (instead of "a drink",) since it's closer to what he actually says AND can be applied to the brothel, which turns it into an amusing misunderstanding on Satou's part. XD

It makes sense once you realize that all the "Girls" there absolutely, positively qualify as "women"... and every other female he's around normally other than Mosa the innkeeper (who he's already judged as too much woman for his tastes,) does not. ^^;; It's quite possible that there were just no mental redflags/triggers along the way to make him question what he was doing while going along with the flow.

Lack of lolis (his Anti-Fetish) and abundance of MILFs makes Satou a happy boy, I guess? lol
An odd thing.. THIS is the reaction of "respectable women" when they see the brothel at the start of the episode:

...Which actually doesn't seem to imply any negative connotations to that line of business. o_o;;
deadman80Feb 15, 2018 5:51 PM
Feb 15, 2018 5:53 PM

Feb 2013
Oh look another girl, guess harems these days are getting bigger and bigger...
Feb 15, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2014
BTW, I haven't seen Martha and Nadi in the same place at the same time yet...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Nah, just joking, but without seeing them side-by-side or hearing their voices, they look similar enough to mistake them for each other.
Feb 15, 2018 5:58 PM

Jun 2016
Really hoping for more action, this series has been a huge disappointment so far. 6 more episodes, hopefully it picks up.
Feb 15, 2018 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
Arisa with new hair <3 and Zena realizes a very important thing.Gosh imagine her acting like Akira in after the rain, Satou would be on her bed in no time lol. Im glad she doesnt tho, still hoping they'll get together cause other girls feel like kids and his party while Zena feels like his fiancee. OR the best thing is that i hope he ends up with Arisa but in their real life(if they ever get back home) that'd be some nice romance.
Also does it really need to show what kind of skill MC used EVERY TIME? i kinda laughed at mediator one,since that was such a normal thing to do, to break up the fighting between 2 characters yet its some sort of skill in their world huh.

Also how does Satou can see sleeping status if he doesnt see them? just by looking at the door? Well its like a game so i guess thats fine.
Feb 15, 2018 7:23 PM

Aug 2015
They actually kept the brothel visit. At least the show isn't making a big deal out of it.
Feb 15, 2018 8:57 PM

Sep 2016
I was lenient towards the show from the start since it was adorable and fun but this episode has changed that view. Quite cliched... Though the fun still remained until and unless there's some actual deep plot as referenced a few times I doubt I'll take this anime seriously...

Very very hard to think the first episode had me give it a 9. Went to 7 by the third episode and I really don't wanna lower it again... This show has potential, but why it wants to go the Isekai Smartphone route idk.
Feb 15, 2018 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
deadman80 said:
SkyLETV said:

Yeah, I agree it's kind of a "wait.. what?" kind of moment, but it would be socially awkward to decline the offer of those two guys, and I know I've ended up in a strip bar wondering how I ended up there in a somewhat similar situation when I was younger, and another time I accidentally almost went to Mexico, so it really made me laugh personally. XD

Also, the whole scene would probably have been a lot funnier if CR had properly translated the line as "Let me buy you a round." (instead of "a drink",) since it's closer to what he actually says AND can be applied to the brothel, which turns it into an amusing misunderstanding on Satou's part. XD

It makes sense once you realize that all the "Girls" there absolutely, positively qualify as "women"... and every other female he's around normally other than Mosa the innkeeper (who he's already judged as too much woman for his tastes,) does not. ^^;; It's quite possible that there were just no mental redflags/triggers along the way to make him question what he was doing while going along with the flow.

Lack of lolis (his Anti-Fetish) and abundance of MILFs makes Satou a happy boy, I guess? lol
An odd thing.. THIS is the reaction of "respectable women" when they see the brothel at the start of the episode:

...Which actually doesn't seem to imply any negative connotations to that line of business. o_o;;

I guess it's the final form of the series to show that Satou doesn't like young girls. So, harem, stay away, you don't have a chance. As for the image, the two of them look surprised, especially the one on the right as if saying:"I didn't expect that there". xD
SkyLETVFeb 15, 2018 9:45 PM
Feb 15, 2018 9:34 PM

Jan 2008
Aaaand they went back to himself and others calling him Satoo again. Really wish they'd make up their minds, and stick with it instead of flip-flopping back and forth, just when I thought things were starting to get better when Arisa called him Satou in the previous episode. People in their world wouldn't be getting his name wrong and calling him Satoo in the first place if he just freaking introduced himself the right way from the start instead of giving up and saying his name the way other people in that world say it.

tetragramat said:

What coincidence, this anime seems to be somewhat fucked similarly.

mfw ^THIS. Hits the nail on the head. Sums up this anime adaption in a nutshell.

Seirei = Spirit
Yosei = Fairy

Nadi called Yasuratoya "Mori no Yosei" = Forest Fairy, or fairykin if they want to stylize it like they did in the web novel--NOT spirit. Also hate how they kept the r in his first name, but used L in his last name. They were the same sound! I know R and L in Japanese is the same thing, but all I see is "shamefur dispray" in more meanings than one. So choose a set of rules, and stick with it ffs. That's what writing conventions were made for.

Just a weekly reminder of how poorly done the subs are. This makes me not want to buy the discs in the end, on top of all the changes they've made to the series.

Estoy_GordoFeb 15, 2018 9:58 PM
Feb 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Oct 2014
Yasaal said:
I was lenient towards the show from the start since it was adorable and fun but this episode has changed that view. Quite cliched... Though the fun still remained until and unless there's some actual deep plot as referenced a few times I doubt I'll take this anime seriously...

Very very hard to think the first episode had me give it a 9. Went to 7 by the third episode and I really don't wanna lower it again... This show has potential, but why it wants to go the Isekai Smartphone route idk.

Ahh yes, that cliché that I see all the time in other works of japanese fiction where the protagonist just casually stops being a virgin (at least with his current body) off-screen during a scene-transition and two "heroines" have a dispute about whether arranged marriages or love marriages are better. There was also that cliché of the MC talking with random characters about stage-plays that were censored by authorities (specifically nobles) to prevent a hit to their reputation. I have seen an endless amount of anime/manga/LN that had such cliché things.

...wait, what?
Feb 15, 2018 10:14 PM

Aug 2013
I keep finding myself making comparisons to Isekai was Smartphone. Honestly the shows are damn near identical. Only real difference is instead of a smartphone that does everything, he has an MMO HUD that does everything.

I keep going back and forth deciding what parts I think are better from each. Like I definitely like that Tomoya from Smartphone doesn't puss out on being OP. He embraces it. Doesnt mind telling people he can learn every kind of magic. Used his knowledge from his past life to legit invent all kinds of shit from cuisine to guns.

Satou on the other hand hides it so damn much. Like who cares dude? You're level fucking 310. You are literally a fucking god to these people. There hasn't been a person yet over like level 20. You can max out any skill you want at will. You wiped out an entire canyon of dragons with a meteor strike that had religious people in the city thinking the world was going to end. Why not embrace it? So far it doesnt seem like anyone other than him can see the "in-game" things he sees anyway.

Tomoya's harem was more generic, but at least they didnt beat around the bush with the harem and romance. They made it clear from the get-go that every one of the girls loved him. And he actually approached it rationally; asking them if it was really ok that he loved and married all of them, and they were all cool with it. Which made him cool with it.

While it was a neat concept, it kind of ended up fucking with the character by making Satou a 30 year old in a teenagers body. Because he still keeps all of his adult mind sets while being in a body not suited for it. And it's cool that he sticks by those morals too, pointing out how hot some of the adult women are and how too young some others are. Hell, mega fucking props to him for banging a bunch of bitches in the brothel, and acquiring all of those skills at once huehuehue. But now you have a bunch of girls who are his characters age who are genuinely interested in him and creates this rather unnecessary conflict. I'd like to see him grow out of this as his character develops though, because sooner or later he's going to have to realize he isnt 30 years old anymore.

And in comparison to Smartphone I find Satou's harem to be a bit more interesting. I think the characters are much more diverse, and it's cool that they're combined in such a way that he has genuine love interests as well as just companions. They let him have a party of women that fills both rolls. Obviously Tama and Pochi are too young, they're children. Liza has only shown loyalty and respect. And then you have Zena and Arisa who have shown genuine interest. With other characters yet to be shown.

Feb 15, 2018 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
4kicks said:

Just a weekly reminder of how poorly done the subs are. This makes me not want to buy the discs in the end, on top of all the changes they've made to the series.

Hey man...Fuhgeddaboudit
Feb 15, 2018 10:30 PM

Sep 2016
Grey-Zone said:
Yasaal said:

Ahh yes, that cliché that I see all the time in other works of japanese fiction where the protagonist just casually stops being a virgin (at least with his current body) off-screen during a scene-transition and two "heroines" have a dispute about whether arranged marriages or love marriages are better. There was also that cliché of the MC talking with random characters about stage-plays that were censored by authorities (specifically nobles) to prevent a hit to their reputation. I have seen an endless amount of anime/manga/LN that had such cliché things.

...wait, what?
It's a built up feeling from other episodes as well, just that the convenient "let's all go together" and the irritating Loli drama (and Arisa) just pissed me off. High pitched voices and lolis are cliches I loathe in anime, and this episode didn't help make that better. A few unique things thrown in but these irritating problems left out doesn't make an "original idea/show". A Romeo and Juliet spin-off won't make things better. Thanks to your comment, now I have a wide understanding of the cliches that fill this anime up to the brim. Yet, I feel this is an inch or two better than Isekai Smartphone.
Feb 15, 2018 10:40 PM

Oct 2014
Yasaal said:
Grey-Zone said:

...wait, what?
It's a built up feeling from other episodes as well, just that the convenient "let's all go together" and the irritating Loli drama (and Arisa) just pissed me off. High pitched voices and lolis are cliches I loathe in anime, and this episode didn't help make that better. A few unique things thrown in but these irritating problems left out doesn't make an "original idea/show". A Romeo and Juliet spin-off won't make things better. Thanks to your comment, now I have a wide understanding of the cliches that fill this anime up to the brim. Yet, I feel this is an inch or two better than Isekai Smartphone.

I see, so this is just a half-full glass vs half-empty glass issue then. I guess some people focus more on the similarity with other works while others focus more on the differences/judge a series on their own merits.

What I don't get though is the issue about voices. No matter how much I think about it I just don't get why many people seem to have a problem with the voices.
Then again, I was perhaps so desensitized by really - and I mean REALLY - bad English and German dubs that anything from Japanese VAs just always sounds good no matter what.
Feb 15, 2018 11:04 PM

Sep 2016
Grey-Zone said:
Yasaal said:

I see, so this is just a half-full glass vs half-empty glass issue then. I guess some people focus more on the similarity with other works while others focus more on the differences/judge a series on their own merits.

What I don't get though is the issue about voices. No matter how much I think about it I just don't get why many people seem to have a problem with the voices.
Then again, I was perhaps so desensitized by really - and I mean REALLY - bad English and German dubs that anything from Japanese VAs just always sounds good no matter what.
Well high pitched voices make me cringe as well as irritate me especially if they talk for a long time with the same high pitched voice, much like how Pochi and Tama. Another thing I find irritating is the "~nano desu" Pochi keeps adding to each sentence. Similar to Isekai Smartphone's Yae who always added "~de gozaru/ka" was one of the reasons I hated listening to them speak, though that's different from the topic at hand (we're talking high pitched voices) but it's another thing in this anime I found irritating.

As for the other language dubs I totally agree. Since I'm part of the sub over dub club I know how bad English dubs can get XD But then lolispeak is the only thing in Japanese dubs I hate (aside from de gazorus and other quirks), else the Japs are doing an excellent job with voice acting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

269 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 28, 3:09 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 26, 12:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.