Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2018 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems nowhere is safe in this show...
A fun night at the club turns into a nightmare with Horrors showing up.

Some of the action this episode reminds me of the Garo movie. Anyway, I think this episode was pretty straightforward and continues to deliver what I had expected. Seems that the Horrors in this show are getting tougher.

Jan 26, 2018 11:11 AM

Jul 2016
Finally get to see what El Dorado is. I expected it to be a totally different place tbh.
Got me confused with the King identity a lot.

Anyway, the next episode seems to be pretty mediocre. I guess the whole juicy part will be in the last 4 episodes. It's good that they don't forget about other characters and some world building, but it's called GARO, and we haven't yet seen a single episode with GARO action in this year.

I hope they won't fuck it up.
Jan 26, 2018 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
Even though the main characters were not in this episode, at least we got to see what El Dorado is like. It's a very creepy place. The people outside the city are not doing so good. I feel bad for them. King's two followers are quite strong.
Jan 26, 2018 1:29 PM

Dec 2016
It was nice to see a glimpse into the daily runnings of El Dorado and I'm glad we got something like this rather than another monster of the week episode that Sword and the gang run into while on the road. At least this episode provides some insight and was much better than last weeks episode that was also without the main gang
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 26, 2018 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
That poor woman,she asked the wrong guy for help,not that the horror ended up better,tho xD

Finally we got to see El Dorado and it's quite the lively place with some power houses around.
And lol,looks like we got a Charioce look alike,his design was probably on sale.

Great episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
El Dorado seems like a nice place but every place that appears to look nice always has its fucked up side. Also, I think this is the 1st time we've seen that woman in action so it was cool to see her capabilities.

Looks like we're finally going to see the main group again after a couple weeks away from them. I can't wait until they eventually get to ED.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 26, 2018 3:49 PM
Dec 2010
an episode from the villains perspective eh, love it

stereotype wise queen seems to be a get killed by the one she's devoted to character
and bishop seems like a try to usurp and get killed character, lets see if they follow the stereotype or not

so el dorado is an emerald city-esque metropolis that keep its horrors under control with feeding sites and a few sacrifices, all the while promising eternal happiness. whatever there planning seem to be big and could lead to disaster even if it fails

anyone else get chills when all the bar patrons eyes light up?

also that bit bishop did without you realizing it was great
shadowiiJan 26, 2018 3:54 PM
Jan 26, 2018 5:54 PM
Jul 2016
Is it bad that I knew where the club scene was going due to Devilman? :P
Jan 26, 2018 7:17 PM
Dec 2014
No way your telling me the paradise that everyone keeps talking about is a city full of Horrors ? color me shocked Joking aside tho I did like this episode except I don't like how they are hyping up king like its some big reveal when the show itself (at the start of this second half) already confirmed who it is I mean we all know its Sophie's brother its not exactly rocket science people.
lord23Jan 26, 2018 7:21 PM
Jan 27, 2018 5:43 AM
Apr 2016
El Dorado is using imperial system, the height is in inches! America has a heart of evil - confirmed.
Re:formed
Jan 27, 2018 7:22 AM

Jan 2015
Not bad, though... this protagonist-free episode to show more information about how King's El dorado and his guardian's powers are.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 27, 2018 7:50 AM

Jun 2016
No sign of Sophie and Sword, and also Luke and Gina, but it was still a great episode. So, that was really the EL DORADO, huh? Damn. So, it was being run by Horrors for the Horrors? What a paradise, it is.

I feel so blessed seeing that badass girl who's so into the King. Jeez. Who is this King really? Still having a feeling that it's Sophie's brother. Idk reaalllllly. Waaaah.

Damn. I feel bad for those ladies who became the Horror's food. :/

Yeah, no sign of my main babies, but we're going to get Sophie, Gina, and Sword in the next episode. Yaaaay! I miss them already.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 27, 2018 2:57 PM
Mar 2016
Ok so we're in El Dorado now , so who is that guy eating people in the city????

Man, I feel bad for the girl.
Jan 27, 2018 3:08 PM

May 2016
So we finally catch a glimpse of El Dorado, a vast sparking metropolis which is presented as a wonderful utopia. It's a city where dreams come true and where inhabitants live fulfilling and comfortable lives. Except it's a city where horrors thrive in the shadows and where sacrifices are made to satisfy their hunger. Not so utopian now is it? I dig this sort of stuff.

Nice episode as per usual. They did a great job on the animation this episode; especially in the club. Loved the fight involving Queen; seems like King's followers are quite capable. I wonder how Sword, Gina & Luke will fare against them later?

Lovely OST this episode.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Jan 27, 2018 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
The "main character" of this episode had a really great design, although I knew from the beginning that it was just a red herring to show off how cool and powerful the El Dorado Leaders are.

I like Bishop's design and personality a lot. Queen, who is voiced by Romi Park, too... just recently played Granblue Fantasy and she had a main role there, so it was fun to hear That voice here.

5/5, enjoyed this episode plenty.
Weakness is a sin!
Jan 28, 2018 8:51 AM
Jan 2017
4/5 I miss to sophie but the episode was good!
Jan 28, 2018 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
Ravinous said:
Is it bad that I knew where the club scene was going due to Devilman? :P

I thought the same thing! Of course, how could I not.

Good episode. A great way to introduce what Sword and the gang are up against.
Jan 29, 2018 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
That entire night club was full of Horrors. I have to wonder if everyone in El Dorado is either a Horror "living" as a normal person or a person who is sent in as feed. Or if its a mix between Horrors and regular people and they get eaten by chance just like in the first city.

Shame, good looking chick dies on her first day. Why you gotta do it to the good looking ones man? You deserve that death.

Holy fuck Queen is hot as hell too. Didn't know what she was packing under that rob, thought she might've even been a trap at first. But uh nope, she's a fucking bombshell too. Probably right behind Gina. Gina > Queen > Mei Feng > Cowgirl chick > Diner chick
Jan 29, 2018 3:25 AM

Jul 2009
Queen is damn strong, I could not help but imagine how cool a battle with Gina x Queen would be, I hope it's gonna be like that!
Feb 1, 2018 4:34 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow like this episode.. so Eldarado is the city of horrors nice build up
Feb 2, 2018 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
Queen is quite sexy, especially with that outfit and the lovely Romi Park. Badass, too. I love how they built up that Horror guy just to completely dismantle him at the end.

Much better episode than the previous one.

Feb 2, 2018 6:51 PM

Dec 2016
The Night Club scene reminded me of a Samurai Jack episode where there's a rave in the woods, the DJ is a villain and everybody at the rave had red shining eyes attacking Jack.

The woman protecting the king kinda reminds me of Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness from the FF series.
Brahmastra_Feb 2, 2018 7:05 PM
Feb 5, 2018 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
The city of El Dorado looks so exquisite! but corrupted as well for sure!
Looks like Sword would have three insanely strong opponents huh!...
4/5.

Feb 7, 2018 5:18 AM

May 2014
Aww, darn it. Here we got to see a new dude with potential and were killed in only one ep. At least we got to see the loyal server of the King. I wonder if she have a crush on him. Why else would she serve under him. Hmm, meh ep. We got to see that lady's power. Nothing more were interesting.
Mar 12, 2018 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
The club scene was similar to Blade 1998 opening.
Mar 27, 2018 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
this episode was very necessary to flesh out the villains and setting, el dorodo is a really cool setting and i really hope the show doesnt waste any time getting to it so i hope we are there by like ep 17 or something.

That new dude i feel like should of survived and been a wild card to the story or something

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 13, 2019 5:30 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty interesting to see el dorado like this. I'm a bit confused about the area around that city but it seems like there is some kind of system

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.