Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 6:37 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
even after already seeing it in the manga, its so satisfying seeing Sanji kick Bobbin into the wall
the reunion of Luffy and Sanji is coming!
Jan 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Oct 2017
I am so looking forward to this reunion! It was great in the manga, but I feel like it's going to look even better and be more emotional in animation.
Jan 20, 2018 7:20 PM

Dec 2014
Luffy struggling to reach the promised place is pretty painful to watch. :(

Mama reveals her big plan for the wedding. Poor Brook. :(

Was real nice to see Sanij finally getting back into it and slamming Bobbin into the wall. Can't wait for the reunion.
Jan 20, 2018 8:15 PM

May 2015
Hmm... next mission episode is going to be a thriller, I hope Nami & co. succeed and doesn’t get captured again.
Jan 20, 2018 9:09 PM

Feb 2017
Can't wait for the next episode. It's going to be really funny.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jan 20, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2018
I want to see Luffy eating again!
Jan 20, 2018 9:47 PM

Jul 2016
WHy did they make Luffy fight some filler goons again?
Jan 21, 2018 12:50 AM

Sep 2014
Well this episode was quite slow but I can take it since the next week's one is going to be glorious.
Jan 21, 2018 1:07 AM
Oct 2017
Jan 21, 2018 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
Another build-up episode, but I feel the wait will be worth it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 21, 2018 2:43 AM

Oct 2015
Just another build-up episode.

What I found really weird in the manga, is that a completely random guy was sleeping in Sanji's bed. And now they did the same in the anime. I still wonder, why didn't Oda figure out a more logical way to explain Sanji's absence not being weird for the guards.
Jan 21, 2018 3:39 AM

Feb 2013
It's hard to watch poor Luffy try to fight without eating anything.
Sanji has to give him the bento!
Jan 21, 2018 3:48 AM

Mar 2016
They think that they've taken out all of the Strawhats intruders... That's their biggest mistake, the Strawhats will come for you all!

We are getting closer and closer to Sanji's and Luffy's reunion, whatever Sanji tries to do to forget his crew, it'll never work. He will be reunited with his crew again and hopefully, Luffy will get his food and his chef back...
Jan 21, 2018 4:02 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum sanji I see you.
Jan 21, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2008
Luffy struggling against peons....that was tough to see.
Jan 21, 2018 4:35 AM

Dec 2013
Big Mom explaining the plan felt painfully pointless.

Meh episode.
Jan 21, 2018 5:09 AM
Jun 2015
I thought we would see Luffy finally meet Sanji in this episode. Oh well. Next episode seems like fun.
Jan 21, 2018 5:32 AM

Oct 2009
Ayy literally nothing happened this episode..
Jan 21, 2018 8:57 AM

Feb 2015
The episode was slow and showed us Luffy fighting some minor warriors, as Nami look for him and Sanji decided what to do.
Jan 21, 2018 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
You're doing the right thing Sanji.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 21, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2013
Ah, finally we're sure the next episode is a THING! <3
Jan 21, 2018 2:03 PM

Sep 2013
Big Mom casually calling pudding creepy :'(
Luffy vs some guys, probably big mom sons or not.
Sanji going to luffy now.
Jan 21, 2018 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
Damn Luffy is really exhausted and I don't think he can keep on any longer. In his momentary shape even these random people of Big Mom gave him a relatively hard time.

Must be a shock for Brook to hear about Big Moms true intentions and seeing Puddings true nature.

I loved to see Sanji kicking Bobbin into that wall. I hope he now understands what's important. A reunion would be awesome.

Oh god, Chopper and Co. really want to free Brook from Big Mom? Looks like this will be funny to watch.

Jan 21, 2018 8:32 PM

Jun 2016
Lol that weird guy with the pipe during the family meeting looks funny.
Jan 22, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2014
well this episode was stretched much...but let's see
Jan 22, 2018 2:32 PM

May 2013
Must be worst ep of this arc

Jan 22, 2018 5:40 PM
Jan 2018
Does anyone know when the episode after '824' episode of Sabo is coming out? I feel like I've been waiting forever.
Jan 29, 2018 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
They're really prolonging Luffy's struggles to get to that stupid food basket like it's some symbol with some deep meaning or some bullshit when Luffy shouldn't even be starving like he is now and a couple of episodes ago considering he litterally expanded into a giant balloon for eating a fuckton of Cracker's biscuits not long ago. Whatever.
Feb 9, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2016
Yay Sanji is back to his Straw Hat ways!! I don't want to see my boy either pretending to be happy or giving up on life! We need you Sanji! For the CREWWWWWWW
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 27, 2018 8:05 AM

May 2010
Almost entire episode devoted to Sanji debating whether to go meet Luffy and about Luffy fighting some weak filler guys, ugh. Could it get any more slow-paced? :v
Apr 4, 2018 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
Luffy fighting fodder part 65649376764, how exciting. Was about time that Sanji started to act like he's not a complete retard, why would he even think about giving Big Mom what she wants, wtf?
Oct 4, 2018 2:00 AM

Jan 2013
Better get that to Luffy REAL fast!
Also idk why Sanji has just given up and was thinking about letting himself get killed with the other Vinsmokes.
He now knows the truth, Reiju even encouraged him, surely it's better to die fighting what you love for instead.
Jan 9, 2020 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Again, Luffy's determination is something to be admired. At the same time, it does pose a lot of trouble in inappropriate times. At least Luffy is still able to handle those guys, despite being so heavily worn out. Normally those people are fodder for Luffy. But alas, what can you do.

Brook is looking like a lovely princess. His whole outlook is funny and, to be honest, I kind of like it. I think it suits him. And yes Brook, this is the 'nice' Pudding you are looking at.

Sanji what were you thinking about going off to die with the rest of your family? How is that better for everyone? You do know Luffy won't allow that so save yourself the trouble.
Jul 14, 2020 4:18 AM

Jun 2016
When I saw that Jimbei had both of his eyes, and all of his limbs, I had assumed that some of his life span was taken. Brulee suggested that he may not have gone through with the roulette after all, going to say that it is rigged, anyone who leaves dies. We know this wasn't the case with Pedro, and it makes it all the more interesting, losing one of his eyes and the pleas of one of her men, she let someone survive and leave; albeit not for too long. This also makes me interested to see in full what happened with that meeting between Jimbei and Mom. It feels like the kind of thing that once we look back on, it could reveal a big twist!

I would like to also touch on the fact that Jimbei was loyal to Mom for the sake of Fishman Island, and his revolt here is quite touching in that light. In a sense it reminds me of the courage and ethics of Fujitora. With Luffy confronting Mom, it became him or her and Jimbei is willing to place all of his bets on Luffy to replace a livable but oppressive fate for a better future. In the beautiful words of Nami to her village back in Arlong Park: “Please die with me?” This is certainly a sentiment that has been strong in the backbone of One Piece since the beginning, a message to stand up against oppressive systems and refuse to be compliant. Of course, it is not only Jimbei’s strength in making this decision, but also his faith in Luffy that really shines through.

The next scene with Mom and Pudding felt like it was more so detailing what we already know, I may have missed out on something, and I did appreciate seeing the plan in full, but the two parts that stuck out to me most were smaller details. First, seeing Mom excitedly play with Brook like a doll was the final straw which made me want to discuss her childlike nature. Mom loves sweets, in Fishman Island she was shown to prioritize sweets over money when money was necessary. She collects rare creatures and becomes giddy at the sight of Brook. She enrages quickly when she doesn't get what she wants. She makes everybody play and dance and sing around her. Ultimately, she has an idealistic plan and she is demanding, even her children are afraid to mention when they fail. Whereas Judge represents a cold method of instrumentality, I feel that Mom represents a childish instrumentality. The parallel of both family heads abusing their children for their ideals cannot be ignored. The other aspect is a much smaller one, that of showing Pudding’s discomfort at Mom mocking her creepy face twice now. Even while they are interacting I do feel we have been shown signs of her dissatisfaction.

The scene of Mom’s group discussing the whereabouts of their intruders was quite important because we explicitly heard their knowledge of the situation. They think that Carrot and Chopper were captured by Brulee, they think that Pedro is dead, they know that Brook has been captured, and despite suspicion over Opera’s lie; he told them that Nami and Luffy were dead. This gives the Straw Hats an element of surprise, which is probably very important going forward seeing that Luffy can barely beat people that he should easily defeat. Honestly, Luffy fasting is such a powerful concept that I'm not surprised it came up at all. It is both his worst enemy and shows his strong willpower perfectly. It even sets itself up for a very cheesy and emotional finish where he eats and gets all-powerful.

Sanji on the other hand made another point which greatly saddened me. He was logically planning to die, potentially to clean everything up with no strings attached. This along with his line to Pudding that he should be grateful for the escape from his family and the amazing people he has met along the way but it's about time that ends- evokes a sad notion. A feeling of a low self-esteem, a feeling as though he doesn't think he deserved any of this. It makes me wonder if Sanji has ever lived for himself. Luckily he acted emotionally and before even realizing what he was doing, he refused to let Luffy’s food get eaten and in an impulsive move started a fight with Mom.
May 14, 2021 5:22 AM

Aug 2011
In the previous episodes the filler with Luffy wreaking havok was actually quite well done, I very much enjoyed seeing him beat the crap out of some more Charlotte brothers. But this episode was pretty weak in that sense, where 2 chess peacekeepers were able to stand toe-to-toe with Luffy for a bit (when we've seen before that he can one-shot them) until 2 more random soldiers (whoever wrote the episode didn't even bother coming up with names for them) joined the party. Maybe if the focus had been more on how hunger is affecting Luffy I'd been fine with it, but the way it was done felt really cheap and crappy.
Aug 6, 2021 8:26 AM

May 2016
No matter how weak Luffy's become because of starvation, he's going to make it to his rendezvous point somehow. He made a promise to his friend and he has no intention of breaking it!

It's very touching to see that Sanji reflexively defended his friends' favorite snacks from that bobbly bastard and immediately went for Luffy despite more or less accepting his fate.

Aug 21, 2021 1:25 AM

Jun 2019
I can feel Luffy's hunger through the screen. I'm hungry as well. LOL
Sep 5, 2021 12:49 AM

Aug 2021
Hungry Luffy is so damn hard to watch
Feb 25, 6:33 AM
Oct 2019
Luffy really struggling is honestly hard to watch.

I thought Opera was really dumb turns out he was afraid to tell the truth LMAO

That Meat 🍖
Finally Sanji.

Bring the food to Luffy.
Mar 13, 9:25 AM
Feb 2022
Let's go Sanji. Your captain is hungry.

Spanish translation:
Vamos Sanji. Tu capitán tiene hambre.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 404 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SlaughterChichi - Jun 7, 2009

127 by gannoncannon55 »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimeRuleDWorld - May 29, 2009

78 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 845 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

19 by FedeMetal »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.