Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2018 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the city life.

Kidnapping and torture. This was a rather awkward episode but it feels like one that can get into the mood to. I'm still curious about Xianming's working abilities as he has potential but I'm not sure if we've seen that yet. The Murder Inc. business card also looks rather gimmicky for this show.

ED song sounds kinda catchy.
Stark700Jan 19, 2018 6:36 AM
Jan 19, 2018 8:37 AM

Dec 2014
That ending..this is going to turn out in a bloodbath; more than what they showed us so far.
Jan 19, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

I really like these business cards that change form on heat. XD
Luckily the new guy from last episode managed to clear up the misunderstanding, else he was dead meat.

Jun Murase needs to be shot (The yellow haired brat is him right?), It sucks that he's getting all this protecting just because he's the mayor's son.

From one pinch to the next one, the amateur dude is in deep trouble. xD

That ending though, shit just got real.
Jan 19, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2015
I love how casual the torturer guy was about his job. As if he was just talking about something common like truck driving.

This episode was nice overall, though the animation quality got a bit derpy at times. Not that I mind, since the directing is good nonetheless.
Jan 19, 2018 9:27 AM

Jan 2012
This is pretty good. that end ZETTE KOROSE! Also PG13 on MAL omegalul
Jan 19, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
Very nice episode. This show is so abstruse it's great. Not to mention those Durarara-vibes I really like. Can't wait for more. And I feel bad for Saito, he is a total klutz for being a killer :D
Jan 19, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2016
When he woke up with the dead girl i actually laughed and was like RUN haha but when they said it was Xianming Ling's sister i was '' Fuuuuuuckkkk bro.... ''

Talk about changing emotion quickly
Jan 19, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
Really like this show so far,it's been pretty interesting.

Xiaming is going for revenge and poor Saitou might get wrongfully accused again,would like to see how he got in that hotel,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 19, 2018 10:01 AM

Nov 2017
Cool episode, and the ED is amazing; really.
Jan 19, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
This show is pretty interesting so far. Saitou is let go after a misunderstanding and got lots of money. He woke up next to a dead girl, who's Xianming's sister. He's in very deep trouble. The mayor's son needs to die.
Jan 19, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
They did not just do that ... omg Qiao Mei ! This just got super interesting

Also I love how hi chopped off his dick instead of a tail :E .... oof ! I feel so bad for Saito (Ito?) and Lin! Omg I’m—
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2018 10:42 AM
Apr 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Jun Murase needs to be shot (The yellow haired brat is him right?), It sucks that he's getting all this protecting just because he's the mayor's son.

I think you may have misunderstood something. The yellow haired kid by the computer (Banba's friend) is called Enokida. Murase Jun died in the "car accident".

Either that, or I'm the one misunderstanding something, heh.
Jan 19, 2018 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
JayDrink said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I think you may have misunderstood something. The yellow haired kid by the computer (Banba's friend) is called Enokida. Murase Jun died in the "car accident".

Either that, or I'm the one misunderstanding something, heh.

I'm talking about the other yellow haired guy who I believe killed Lin's sister and is also the mayor's son. I'm not sure if he's called Jun Murase but I assume he is cause it kinda makes sense to me since in the last episode the mayor's hitmen asked him about his friends who were involved in the killing and in this episode they made it look like he and his friends died in a car accident. I assume his friends were killed and he was left alive cause you know protection.
I'm just making an assumption that the mayor's son is called Jun Murase but I don't know if he really is.
Jan 19, 2018 11:41 AM

Sep 2016
this is so fun to watch, everyone is so chill at giving their hitman cards lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 19, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty good episode. Again.
In all seriousness, it's my fav. anime for now. We have only a few watchable animes this season tho.
Jan 19, 2018 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
ah, i don't like the feeling get every time that little shit rapes and kills a girl. I hope by the end of the series has getten tortured in the worst possible way.

Also, that woman that Saitou found dead in the morning is Ling's sister, right? I guess, they set it up.
Damn, i hate those kinds of misunderstanding (Ling will most likely initially think Saitou killed her.)

Lelouch0202 said:

I'm talking about the other yellow haired guy who I believe killed Lin's sister and is also the mayor's son. I'm not sure if he's called Jun Murase but I assume he is cause it kinda makes sense to me since in the last episode the mayor's hitmen asked him about his friends who were involved in the killing and in this episode they made it look like he and his friends died in a car accident. I assume his friends were killed and he was left alive cause you know protection.
I'm just making an assumption that the mayor's son is called Jun Murase but I don't know if he really is.

No, that kid isn't named Murase Jun. Murase is one of his friends, and one of the 3 that were killed in the "accident". But i know who you mean.
Anyway, shot? Nah, that's too little.
removed-userJan 19, 2018 12:15 PM
Jan 19, 2018 12:12 PM

Nov 2014
I think Xianming will round up the 'avenger' into his circle to plot killing the former client.

Why Saito been framed in Qiaonmei murder?
Who killed Murase Jun?

By far, the story made me stick to it.
Jan 19, 2018 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
This got better in episode 2 - by a lot.
Liked the "chemistry" (relationship) between crossdresser and investigator guy.

Also nice to see that there are different jobs (killer, avenger, torturer) and they have different colored business cards (killer red, torturer black ... avenger ? or maybe the avenger was black and the guy had a black one cause he was with them).

Then at the end it got interesting with the sister killed and noob guy waking up next to her. (I guess the pro team of the mayor and his son did it like that.)
Jan 19, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
Ya-Shiro said:
ah, i don't like the feeling get every time that little shit rapes and kills a girl. I hope by the end of the series has getten tortured in the worst possible way.

Also, that woman that Saitou found dead in the morning is Ling's sister, right? I guess, they set it up.
Damn, i hate those kinds of misunderstanding (Ling will most likely initially think Saitou killed her.)

Lelouch0202 said:

No, that kid isn't named Murase Jun. Murase is one of his friends, and one of the 3 that were killed in the "accident". But i know who you mean.
Anyway, shot? Nah, that's too little.

Oh, so Murase Jun is one of that guy's friends. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Jan 19, 2018 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
Shows starting to feel like Durarara with hitmans, with different perspectives of several characters and stories intertwining, probably to all come together at the end.

So far the shows kept me interested, hopefully the feeling lasts.
Jan 19, 2018 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
Well, it's quite rare to have an ending song with no / little vocal just jazz music...
Jan 19, 2018 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
Saitou and his spending(that titybar though XD) was fun to watch.
Overall this show has a Duarrara vibe
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 19, 2018 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
This anime is fun. It's so dark and mature, yet so casual about it all, it's nice. I not-so-patiently await the blood bath that this is gonna become.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 19, 2018 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
Damn this one pulls no punches. Loving how this is shaping up.

Poor Saito though, his predicaments are gonna be a running gag in this aren't they?
Jan 19, 2018 2:40 PM

Jul 2017
chiyo-german said:
Why Saito been framed in Qiaonmei murder?

Who killed Murase Jun?

The organisation that works for the mayor, cleaning up the mayor sons mess. They then brought the girl, Qiainmei as it turned out to be.
Saito could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he'll need help and I bet he goes to Banba. He'll have to watch out for Xianming until he can explain himself.

That ending got me hooked.

The band behind the ED have some albums on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/artist/5RdEgvFMoLubrYet7DNjia?si=5Q1iJYb8Qvq60lF3BmIM-Q
But not that tune.
Jan 19, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2009
Well now our boy has 5mill to spend on hiring avengers. And of course he's gonna be involved too because how dare someone do that to his sister. I can't wait till his revenge is fulfilled. That was fucked. Poor girl.

And Saitou really needs to move cities. He's not gonna last xD
Jan 19, 2018 4:14 PM
Feb 2017
Well, out of the top 3 comments 2 are shitting on the show. This show has a 7 star rating, which I believe is much lower than it deserves. I honestly came on here after months just to rate this thing, and I can say from what I've seen so far this show is one of better ones, and to the people crapping on the show for it being "unrealistic" or whatever, you need to realize that you are watching anime. Anime, okay, not a documentary of a city that has a lot of hitmen. The societal details and perhaps small somewhat improbable situations do not take away from the show as a whole and is a very enjoyable sequence to follow.
Jan 19, 2018 4:43 PM

May 2015
The ending just made everything even more interesting.

Jan 19, 2018 5:23 PM

Feb 2013
I got bored watching. Dropped.
Jan 19, 2018 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
This is turning out to be one of the more depressing anime series of the season :/

A bit boring. So there's innocent people being killed...oou "shocking". Maybe I'm desensitized, but this just doesn't have that certain charm other similar shows like Durarara did....idk. Maybe I'll give it one or two more episodes to see if I want to continue it.
Estoy_GordoJan 19, 2018 7:11 PM
Jan 19, 2018 7:58 PM

Dec 2016
That ending was really heartbreaking, I hope Xianming gets his revenge soon and that rapist(mayor's son) has to die in a very slow and painful way...maybe that torturer guy can take care of this
Jan 19, 2018 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
More interesting than the first episode presented. This is probably one of my favorite show in this season already yeah baffling amount of deja vu shows this season indeed . Liked that there are too many character cast with different personalities. And I feel like kinda fantasy element here too: Hitman(Profession on tackling quest for money) , Hitman Hitman(Profession on killing hitman) and Avenger(takes 'revenge' jobs). Nice stuff

And Whoa! dat ending though!! This went too far! :O Here goes THE FEEL OF VENGEANCE!

removed-userJan 19, 2018 9:20 PM
Jan 19, 2018 10:13 PM

Oct 2012
The way I see it, human trafficking is worse than murder. A despicable business and I'm looking forward to how the revenge plot unfolds.
Jan 19, 2018 10:47 PM

May 2015
Hoooooly shit. Alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright...alright...

I think it was a bad idea to start watching this now. Lots of good stuff!

Ok, so we got the Avengers who are like Hell Girl who get rung up to avenge people, but they only do what is necessary. They are connected to Saito, the noob hitman.

Saito receives a bunch of cash and has the time of his life (Titty bar!). And when he wakes up, he finds a woman...dead...that woman is Xianming's sister.

Xianming just traded information with Banba (damn that guy is rich!) and told him that the leader of Kakyuu Association (name of Xianming's organization), Longfang Wang, is connected with the mayor. Xianming has the money to pay off his debt, but learns of his sister's death...

That sister was found by Xianming's organization, who was bought off and sent to the mayor's son, whom I assume is the real killer, and he put Xianming's sister next to Saito to frame him and possibly make him a target for Ling.

So what I'm guessing will happen now is that Xianming will find Saito, but Saito will convince Xianming that he is not the killer, and what will happen is that Saito will call up the Avengers and team up with Xianming and Banba to take on the Kakyuu Association (I guess that's going to happen according to the cover image on the MAL page). But there's one thing that doesn't sit right...who called Saito and congratulated him? Was that the manager of Murder Inc? So is this going to be one big set up? Darn it! More! I NEED MORE!

I like that non-vocal Jazz for the ED. Feels so chill, even after what just happened.
TarotistJan 19, 2018 10:57 PM
Jan 19, 2018 11:04 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, the ending made the episode a lot more enjoyable!
I feel like I get the basic setting the series will be expanding on for the forthcoming episodes. Lin will be working with Banba, and Saito will progressing as an assassin and be the focal point of all kinds of hijinks while, all that time, being the same amateur. Luck and unluckiness will make him prosper and at the same time, suffer. I think it'd be enjoyable if it does progress this way. You'll need to change your viewpoint just a bit to fully be able to grasp the qualities this show has. Sure, killing and kidnapping are done as if its a natural occurrence, but I think the reason why this anime is trying to shove it down us throats is for us to get comfortable with that fact, expect it to happen all the time, and then I think we can enjoy this show a lot more.
Jan 19, 2018 11:45 PM

Feb 2016
Ah man that ending. I didn't really think I would enjoy this as much as I am. Xianming better get his revenge by the end of the season, and it better be satisfying.
Jan 20, 2018 2:14 AM
Jan 2018
I got the feeling that Banba is the Hitman Killer,he has wooden katana,he also play baseball,samurai has strong arms.And poor Saitou,i hope he gang up with the Avenger
Jan 20, 2018 2:55 AM

Jun 2016
I love the ED. Holy shit. It's so Cowboy Bebop-y. :3

Such a good episode. I feel bad for Ling, just when he thought he's finally free from those bastards, his sister was killed by those assholes. Goddamnit.

I wish I can hire an Avenger, too. Haha. I wish they're real. Pfffft.

When Saitou was smothering his face on someone's oppai. Hahaha. There's no way he's the one who killed Ling's sister. He was set up. Poor guy, he was just having fun. Hahahaha!

I guess Ling and Banba will start working together. Can't fucking wait.

5/5. <3

Ugandan_Knuckles said:
I got the feeling that Banba is the Hitman Killer,he has wooden katana,he also play baseball,samurai has strong arms.

Same thoughts.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 20, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
i had a guess but man they got me by her being the body dammit. now i wanna watch the next episode right away
Jan 20, 2018 4:48 AM

May 2012
The show is so underrated. It definitely deserve more than 7.16

So, the girls that was raped and murdered is the trap sister ?! I feel bad for him !
Jan 20, 2018 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
nice episode!
more revenge and killing to come!
lolz I ship Xianming & Banba!
4/5.

Jan 20, 2018 7:18 AM

Sep 2017
Man that prick blonde kid (mayors son) really needs to die. If I'm understanding this right I believe he is the real killer of Xianming's sister and it's just been planted on Saitou. I wonder was it intended for Saitou or just wrong place wrong time. Seems like Saitou will manage to convince the Zenji squad he's innocent and will join up. Maybe then even the avengers will help out, though I'm leaning towards no at this point. They seem like friendly people and let Saitou go no strings attached, but I'd say they are only getting involved if there's money on the table.

Definitely peaked my interests more than the first episode. The banter between Zenji and Xianming was also pretty fun to watch, so that should continue to be fun.
Jan 20, 2018 8:05 AM

Feb 2016
Wow, that end was quite unexpected, things are going to get bloody real soon... Good turnaround, At least I have a reason to keep watching
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 20, 2018 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
Hoooooly shiiiitttt. It's been a while since an anime broadsided me like the ending of this episode did. I truly did not expect that or see it coming, even with the foreshadowing that was cleverly woven in. The terror in Lin's eyes... that was heart breaking, even more so when the one dude mentioned she came from nothing and that is where she ended up. My heart pains thinking about what she had to go through before the end. Rape is a dime a dozen in anime, but sex trafficking still has a very real and visceral impact, god I hate that mayor's son, fucking creep.

First ep was kind of 'eh?', but this one, this one hooked me. I'm fully invested. Ling needs to kill them all, John Wick style. I will not be satisfied until he gets his revenge, I want all of those mother fuckers dead, and I want that torturer to get a crack at the fucking piece of shit mayor's son. Just take him apart piece by piece. God that shit is enraging.
Jan 20, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2013
This show is quickly shaping up to be one of my sleepers of the season. Gotta love the Durarara vibe where everyone seems to be able to have a connection with anyone in this city.
Shame about Xianming's sister, here's hoping that Mafia dude gets his "tail" chopped off or something.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 20, 2018 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
This show is working it's way to be one of my favourites of the season.
Did not expect that end at all. I'm excited to see what other plot twists this series will have.
'Dreams Start by Believing' ~ Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
Saw that coming. I honestly never understood the logic behind betraying someone you know that can damn well kill u. Well should be a really nice bloody ride from now on can’t wait to see the destruction he’s about to cause
Jan 20, 2018 12:58 PM

Jan 2017
Damn this episode was even more entertaining than the first one! It might be my favourite anime of the season xD Never thought I would have a thing for crossdressers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 20, 2018 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't saw that coming his sister is already dead(ep.2).

I don't know his name but someone need to torture the mayor's son.
Jan 20, 2018 10:18 PM

Jan 2014
Ohh, I get it now. (There wasn't much to get lol.) I'm kind of curious as to how this'll turn out.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

76 by Akiyafuru »»
Feb 12, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2018

37 by hj »»
Feb 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

31 by BreakApart »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

75 by BreakApart »»
Nov 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

113 by Maou_heika »»
Jan 21, 2022 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.