Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 19, 2018 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
raven-2112 said:
Grisaille said:
I must agree that the voice actor for Satou sounds too forced.
Other than that everything is perfect, not too much of a action but more of a slice of life.
Are you trying to prove to us that everything under a genre is the same regardless or who the author is?
This is like saying meat prepared by a amateur and a professional tastes the same, and there's no point in having professionals.

Are you new to anime?
This kind of ** have been seen a hundred of times.
Sometimes, rarely, it can be well done by introducing something original and new.
But this one, no matter who did it is a Deja vu; the story is cliché, the MC is cliché, nothing is new, and we both know that this aint AOTY.

You actually just repeated what I mentioned, that not all series are produced the same, sometimes done well in rare cases.
I'm not arguing that this anime is godlike, but instead how someone should not judge a series based on the concept used.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Jan 19, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2014
Grisaille said:
raven-2112 said:

Are you new to anime?
This kind of ** have been seen a hundred of times.
Sometimes, rarely, it can be well done by introducing something original and new.
But this one, no matter who did it is a Deja vu; the story is cliché, the MC is cliché, nothing is new, and we both know that this aint AOTY.

You actually just repeated what I mentioned, that not all series are produced the same, sometimes done well in rare cases.
I'm not arguing that this anime is godlike, but instead how someone should not judge a series based on the concept used.

Yeah but we both know how it works in japanimation, if a genre shine, repeat it multiple time, since it worked and it is still working.
So, yeah isekai are not all the same, but a lot of them are just copycat.
Jan 19, 2018 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
raven-2112 said:
Grisaille said:

Yeah but we both know how it works in japanimation, if a genre shine, repeat it multiple time, since it worked and it is still working.
So, yeah isekai are not all the same, but a lot of them are just copycat.

Yes, because everyone tends to look at where the trends are at.
IMO, I see people nitpick on 'Isekai' concept is mainly due to their influx of such genre over the few years and kind of getting bored by it.
But this doesn't give a good reason to say a series is **** and should be dropped without giving credit where it is due.
There are a ton of 'copycat' out there with the same concept but are generally well accepted too.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Jan 19, 2018 7:51 PM

Aug 2011
Much better than episode 1 to me. I like this episode. Really I do.
Jan 19, 2018 10:15 PM

Mar 2012
This series is shameless in how OP the MC is.

But at least it's pretty chill.
Jan 20, 2018 6:46 AM

Jan 2013
Kirito...ehhh Satou go back to SAO xD But now for real, it's so funny the fact that he is at lvl 310, because i thought that "normal people" would have a much higher lever xD But no, not even soldiers have that high level.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 20, 2018 7:26 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well it seems this series is more or less going to be what I, or anyone expected really. It's ok imo but I find it hard to enjoy especially when the MC has inner monologues like "if I was younger i'd totally make her wife" type of stuff.
Jan 20, 2018 8:01 AM
Sep 2017
You know what. It was better than i expected. I honestly rolled my eyes at it first at another isekai series but it doesn't seem too bad. Unlike isekai no smartphone was Tomo ni, this had explanations for a good amount of things that go on and unlike re:zero, the way he showed up to the world wasn't too sudden as when Subaru just was walking and somehow appeared in that world. Not a bad start but my opinion can change at anytime.
Jan 20, 2018 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
This is pretty generic. I don't see anything different from the other RPG isekai stories. They're introducing more "cute" girls into the story, how interesting- can't wait to see where this is going...
Jan 20, 2018 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
Still waiting, this is my genre. I think 12 episodes is not enough... maybe?
I love the art too, I think its match with the genre.

Btw, I love this ED song...
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 20, 2018 1:00 PM
Jul 2017
I personally am loving the show so far. It seems somewhat similar to SAO, but manages to put more focus onto the actual game and mechanics (learning new skills, leveling up, etc.). I haven't read the LN, but as a fan of the Isekai genre, and a devout lover of iseki wa smartphone and SAO, I couldn't be more excited!
Jan 20, 2018 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
OP: Run Girls, Run
ED: Wake Up, Girls

No action this time, just flirting.
Jan 20, 2018 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
animefan8800 said:
Holy fuck those tits on Martha! XD I mean uhhhh.....another fairly leisurely paced episode. Setting up more of the world such as the slavery system and briefly seeing several of our leads, plus learning about dragons and whatnot. Still enjoyable for me, but then I'm a fan of the source manga. I am waiting for a certain event to go down though and see if it picks up from there.

Ditto.

OromisMasta said:
Also, i kinda like the idea of Super-OP character that for once doesn't have any grandiose goal like saving the world or returning to his original reality, but just wants to travel and have fun in the new world he found himself in.

Yes, its quite refreshing even though everyone else sees it as "just another" isekai anime..

Ace_Card said:
I don't really like the MC's teenage voice. His voice is way too effeminate and it's kind of annoying.

Same here.. I do wish they would have chosen someone else for his voice.. or kept his original voice and toned it down a bit, but not such a drastic change, even if he did "revert" back to a younger age.

kageromero said:
People are just going into this with bias and not looking at it for what it is. This isn't your wish fulfillment action anime, it is a slice of life, with an adult MC, who doesn't have some grand goal, and just wants to enjoy life and take things at his own pace after working himself practically to death on a consistent basis. Is it slow? Definitely. Still enjoyable and unique enough though :)

I can vouch for this as someone who works a steady job.. sometimes all we want is to just take a breather and enjoy life for once! Very nice, but still interesting anime that takes to time to actually explain itself and explore and expand its setting..
Jan 20, 2018 10:03 PM
Jun 2017
Where can I watch ep 2 i cant find it anywhere
Jan 20, 2018 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
Poker face as a skill...

I want to play this game.
Jan 20, 2018 11:27 PM

Jun 2016
First episode was like a 6, I'd give this one a 7.

A lot better with the scenery, colors, and animations. Even though Satooo looks and sounds retarded compared to the light novels, the overall quality of the anime was a bit better than the first episode.
Jan 20, 2018 11:52 PM
Jan 2018
Pacing is kinda meh but i guess they want to show the growth of mc understanding the world first.
Jan 21, 2018 3:03 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
This is it, this is the episode that make all those edgy kids fell in love with MC, and they will start to praise the ever living shit out of him , how OP and deeply analytical he is ...

And Jesus Christ, of fucking course there must be a DAEMON LORD! This was second episode but i know already that this will get only worse.

What would you expect from a typical male fantasy combined with the trends all over the japan.
EDGY MC Check
BITCH and HAREM, CHECK
DAEMON LORD, CHECK
RPG System, FUCKING CHECK

Absolute masterpiece!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Jan 21, 2018 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
that was really good
Jan 21, 2018 4:49 PM

Oct 2014
There are cute girls.
That's all that matters.

ps.: oh yeah, nice world building. Boring episode but not a wasteful one.
Jan 21, 2018 11:58 PM
Oct 2009
Horrorreader91 said:
This is pretty generic. I don't see anything different from the other RPG isekai stories. They're introducing more "cute" girls into the story, how interesting- can't wait to see where this is going...

he already said, it a mash up between 2 game, what else do you want? a non-generic rpg?
Jan 22, 2018 12:53 AM

Jun 2013
Wow....that is good way to get away from tricky situations...but if Satou was any kind of asshole...max. out the Trickery and persuasion would be quite horrible to any sentinel Beings..luckily he is not an asshole..Hell compared to him...rest of the city personnel are Racist by their actions towards Beast People. well...they were some bandits but....still....

...Zena really has fallen for him huh...

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 22, 2018 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
Could have sworn I've watched this exact plot at least 4 times prior starting the series. Except all of them had something unique about them and this one is boring af. He'll probably go around saving all the random trophy wives, sticking his nose in things that doesn't involve him, and shoving a demented sense of social justice down the viewer's throats.

Also what kind of merchant doesn't know how much dragon hide sells for? Did no one catch that giant red flag?
HowTragicJan 22, 2018 4:53 PM
Jan 23, 2018 5:47 AM

Sep 2015
In some scenes the blue outline was really overdone, its need to be tuned down a lil-bit, in my opinion.
Jan 23, 2018 1:50 PM
Apr 2011
If you want to create an 'easy-going' story, don't freaking introduce slavery. Those are polar opposites.
"Ah, here I am enjoying my food and drink whilst the 4 year old children get beaten to death in the background. So relaxing." ...
Jan 23, 2018 8:19 PM

Sep 2015
Y'know I was skeptical about this anime at first since it looks pretty bland. Only thing seemed nice was that he's older than typical MC-kun(but his 15yr old voice is annoying) and the cute grills.
But his personality does seem pretty fun to watch, pretty mature well that should be expected. What made it for me was when he upgraded his persuasion skill. Fail to convince them... So ee said,"I don't really want this skill but..." then proceed to BS his way with persuasion lol. It was just too hilarious. Especially since he went "Uwaa" when upgrading as they were interrogating him.
if there's more scenes like this, I'll love it.
Jan 25, 2018 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
Setting is pretty nice, the MC's voice and inner dialog writing are giving me a cringe overload though, wtf
Jan 27, 2018 1:37 AM

Dec 2016
Overprotective friends, that was dangerous getting shot at like that.

Trickery & Persuasion skills will definitely be handy in a world like that.

Hero & Demon Lord, planting the seeds for the upcoming episodes?

Those 2 young slaves & the exiled witch Arisa slave were featured a bit in the opening, looks like they will play a part in upcoming episodes, especially Arisa by the looks of it.

Wow you get fed really well in that place.

Instant girlfriend, what a lucky guy.
Jan 31, 2018 8:43 PM

Mar 2009
Who cares about the 13-year-old?
Should have gone for the innkeeper woman. Dude's an idiot.
Feb 1, 2018 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode with some worldbuilding and cute girls being introduced.

Feb 18, 2018 9:21 PM

Nov 2012
Is half of this protag's internal dialog going to be him telling the audience whether or not he'd hit the girls he meets?

Also, I love how Satoo, who helped design this game and recognized the landscape of the area in the last episode now has absolutely zero understanding of the world or its culture so the audience can learn along with him.

Droooooopped.
Mar 2, 2018 7:20 PM
Mar 2018
I think Satou was a little picky on the inn keeper lady okasan especially since he's now in the game.
Mar 8, 2018 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Well, this was rather slow, still no plot in sight except maybe a demon and you might have pissed off some wyverns with that meteor shower lol. The Mc level brokenness is not detectable either I guess. If that device showed his level as 310 they might worship him as a god lol. Meh episode though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 9, 2018 1:19 AM
Oct 2007
The first 2 episode feels decent, nothing more and nothing less. Doesn't really make you want to watch the next episode nor drop the show. Pacing isn't as bad as what I have read so far but I can definitely understand those concerns to a certain extend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2018 9:07 PM

Dec 2014
Martha-chan Best Girl....?
Aug 18, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Satoo saying he's confident he would have fallen in love with her if he was still in high school.
LMAO at Satoo turning his Persuasive/Trickery skill to the max.
They become adults at 15. lol
Wow. You become a slave that easily.
WTF! Who is the owner of that oppai that just grabbed Satoo's arm? Nice oppai.
Oh, she's cute.
She wants you to go to her place. Go.
She's 13 and has that oppai? LAWD! 2 year difference won't kill anyone.
That's the mom? She let herself go?
I bet that softness is wonderful.
LMAO at Satoo saying if the mom was skinnier, he'd go for that.
Martha oppai.
Oh snap! Satoo buying stuff for Martha.
lol at Satoo saying he could win Martha over by complimenting her.
Shokugeki judging time.
Satoo says the staff is cute, but he really means Martha. lol
Girlfriend? No, Martha. You misunderstand. She's not his girlfriend.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 17, 2019 7:57 PM

Jun 2015
this episode didnt help with the fact im hungry as hell right now
Jan 22, 2019 2:20 PM
Mar 2018
Why do I get a strong Deja-vu from DanMachi here?
Apr 23, 2020 9:10 PM

Feb 2018
Zena is so cute, are you sure with Satou's age?
Oct 10, 2020 7:41 PM

Aug 2017
Anathor said:
At least it's not as bad as Isekai smartphone was. I don't mind the MMO aspect of it, with text and stuff, either. The fact that neither the LN nor the anime have the romance/harem tag is a small but good sign, for this to be more than the seasonal "harem with op mc" anime.
Smartphone was better than this in my opinion. MC was OP and ACTUALLY used some cool OP abilities... in this show he just blends in... kinda lame. Whats the point of being OP then?
Oct 10, 2020 7:42 PM

Aug 2017
When does he use his OP abilities? And does he fight?.... At all?....
Oct 10, 2020 7:44 PM

Aug 2017
HowTragic said:
Could have sworn I've watched this exact plot at least 4 times prior starting the series. Except all of them had something unique about them and this one is boring af. He'll probably go around saving all the random trophy wives, sticking his nose in things that doesn't involve him, and shoving a demented sense of social justice down the viewer's throats.

Also what kind of merchant doesn't know how much dragon hide sells for? Did no one catch that giant red flag?
I FREAKING AGREE! it might as well be a slice of life! The MC is OP but does nothing cool... instead he tries to blend in as a normal human. BORING. I'm giving it one more episode!
Jun 5, 2022 5:13 AM

Aug 2018
Lying and persuasion skills, hm.. Nice ones.. ;P
Getting skills in how expensive stuff is in the world, and merchant skills are always important.. Learning through hearing skill is nice as well.. Even if you have tons of money.. Also, having so much money on yourself.. Wonder, if that's a problem.. I mean, no idea, how thief mechanics work.. Maybe he needs skill of protection from pickpocket.. Or something..
Sep 5, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
First episode was quite generic, but this one was actually nice. Fantasy slice of life is not that common, so I had fun watching this.
Oct 4, 2022 1:42 PM
Oct 2022
foda de mais esse ep sato over power pra caralho
Feb 14, 4:10 AM
Apr 2021
cringe. cringe. cringe.
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Jan 2017
Uma merda, pqp que anime genérico e ruim
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

269 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 28, 3:09 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 26, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

91 by Seabury »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.