Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2017 7:57 AM

Jan 2017
I kinda miss it too much. I hate that I am growing older as time passes by.
Thinking about the future infuriates me because I do not want to become an adult or grow older!
I want my aging to stop and remain the same age as I am right now forever :(
Furthermore, I do not like birthdays because it reminds us that we are getting older every year.
Do any of you think like that?
Do you get depressed that you're getting older as time passes by?

Edit:- I swear, I shall attain immortality one day!

swirlydragonDec 29, 2017 8:05 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2017 8:00 AM

May 2016
It kinda does suck sometimes when you think about getting older and getting more responsibillities. But I don't let that impact my daily life and I don't really worry about the future or anything.
It's important for me to keep having fun in life and I refuse to let anyone take away all that
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Dec 29, 2017 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
I'm in my final year of high school and I'm already feeling that I will be missing these carefree days. Adult life incoming....
Dec 29, 2017 8:03 AM
Oct 2017
Nah,I used to be bullied by a fat dude,I hope he is dead.
Dec 29, 2017 8:04 AM

Nov 2014
Nah, school days wasn't good enough for me to miss it, there are plenty of better anime that i'd rather rewatch before school days

Dec 29, 2017 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
I surely miss the carefree days, the lack of responsibilities, the worries and the fact i passed most of my time hanging around with my friends.

I hate getting older but i would probably hate even more getting back to homeworks, drama and limitations of those times.

Better living in the present than living in the past or waiting for the future doing nothing meanwhile.
Ἄκουε δή, ἦ δ᾽ ὅς. φημὶ γὰρ ἐγὼ εἶναι τὸ δίκαιον οὐκ ἄλλο τι ἢ τὸ τοῦ κρείττονος συμφέρον.
Listen—I say that justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger.

Dec 29, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
im on winter break and i dont want to go back to school
yet i know im going to be thinking the exact opposite when the day actually arrives
not like we cant stop it, so might as well make the most of it
Dec 29, 2017 8:34 AM

Oct 2010
No, I don't miss being a teenager at all.
Dec 29, 2017 8:41 AM

Mar 2016
This post is so cute. You dont have to worry about getting older. Just like you had good times back in school, you'll have even better times outside of school with the freedom you've gained.

I miss my school days too when I'm feeling nostalgic and I think back to all the friends I had, but when I really think about it, I had no freedom back then. Always getting yelled at by adults, being afraid of getting hit; those are things I dont worry about as an adult myself because I know if someone tried to flex up on me, I'd knock them out. As much as I miss being a kid, I don't miss being a victim with no power or say in how I get treated.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
Mnanoha said:
Ah no, because ya know i'm 11 right now so, I go to school.

11 ? i think MAL is from 15 onwards.

OT: Yep, i do.
Dec 29, 2017 8:45 AM

Dec 2017
Yes but thinking about the idea of the future that I make my own money, have own house, enjoying the life as I want with that money is gr8. Second grade in uni. and y, that's it. Planning to be an academician tho, so It seems I will start to earn when I'm in Phd :))
Dec 29, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
Dude your only 19.

Besides that, I don't care of getting older.
Dying is the final destination, so imma just enjoy the ride as much as I can.
Btw there is a good song from Pink Floyd about this, its called "time"
Dec 29, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
I don't miss my School Time in particular, because after all, nothing worth-while happened. Still, there were quite some Things that were much more convenient than nowadays:

1) Everything used to be much closer. People to play/hang out with, even going to School with them. Compared to that, it's rather normal that you commute to your Work Place on your own, which is quite a lonesome Experience.

2) I had much more Free-Time. How great it was to finish Classes at 1:05 PM and come home by around 2:00PM at the very latest. And this is not even including all the Vacation I used to have.

3) Everything was repeated so many Times that failing was pretty hard to do. Also, at least, it wasn't working, so you could just sit around without really having to do something.

4) There was no Over-Time Work. Classes ended punctually or even some Time before, which is in stark Contrast to the Working Life where you cannot just go 5 Minutes early or sometimes even right when your shift is over, no, you always have to deal with annoying Stuff like socializing and staying behind at least 5 Minutes till you can finally go home. And depending on the Situation, you may be expected to do Over-Time Work.

5) We still had something like "hitzefrei" ("heat-free"), which basically means that Lessons had ended up early because of excessive Heat.

6) The Commute used to be much more enjoyable. Not only because there were still People I could go with, but also because everything was so close that I didn't have to worry about whether or not my Bike would work when I could just walk. Even an Hour of Walking (though more like 30-40 Minutes) back home was much more pleasing than 30 Minutes of Driving in Traffic after having spent more than 9 1/2h away from home.

7) Bicycles were much easier to maintain than Cars. You also don't have to waste Hours when it comes to have your Car checked.
Dec 29, 2017 12:18 PM
Aug 2016
I'm graduating from high school in half a year and I know that I'll miss these days.
Dec 29, 2017 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
I miss my friends and some teachers, that's about it. I don't miss being depressed every day in high school.
Dec 29, 2017 12:24 PM
Nov 2017
There are aspects I miss, but as a whole, no.

Dec 29, 2017 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
Not really. But I do miss the school girls.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 29, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
No I don't miss it. I do miss my army days.
Dec 29, 2017 2:52 PM

Feb 2017
Yeah I kinda do... I had the master keys and all the admin pass codes so I wall allowed to do pretty much whatever I wanted to. It was pretty nice but we all grow up eventually. For those of you still in school, enjoy your ignorance of the "Real World" while it lasts.
Dec 29, 2017 2:58 PM

May 2015
As someone who just graduated year 12 one month and a bit ago the only thing i miss is the people i wasn't really friends with but i would talk to from time to time. As i'll probably never see them again.
Dec 29, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, I miss

and they had so much material they didn't use for the anime. It should have been like 24 episodes.
Dec 29, 2017 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
No, As I have gotten older I care less about those times and for the most part moved on.
Dec 29, 2017 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
school days ewwww nooo jesus christ
Dec 29, 2017 3:21 PM

Nov 2017
meh from time to time I do buy my High School days were kinda mediocre so if anything I just miss some of the people that I don't talk to much anymore. Aside from that I think being more independent was a huge step and I'm enjoying every bit of growing up. The whole birthday thing is kinda just flying by me now I don't really acknowledge my own birthday that much myself anymore. Having a job now and almost finishing up college is exciting and finding new things that I like, on my own, always gets me more and more excited to grow. So in short, yeh and nah, I miss my school days but I know growin up is just a part of life and I'd rather enjoy it that loathe it.
"When you've got a problem you can't fix by yourself, like today, theres a good chance that if you work together with someone else, you can overcome it" - Hayashida to Rei Kiriyama (3 Gatsu no Lion)
Dec 29, 2017 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
Feeling old is overrated when I physically stopped aging at 16.

If you mean school days as in high school not even a little bit. It was just a genuinely dull experience, the classes were easy, the events like pep rallies or spirit week were terrible, I've already forgotten most of the people in my class because I never associated with them.
Growing up so isn't much of an improvement because now school costs money and I have to find employment.
Dec 29, 2017 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
As someone that is done with work and is employed full-time... yeah it was awesome to be a teenager. In some ways it sucked cause I was in a shitty relationship and I had low self-esteem and was obese, but I didn't have to worry about shit. I could just chill and study a little bit to get by. It also feels like life is moving by so quickly now, a year feels like nothing, where as before it felt like it would never end.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 29, 2017 6:13 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Nope. Thought I would but ever since starting uni I realized i never wanna go back there again
Dec 29, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
I was a fat emo bitch in high school so I don't miss that at all. I guess college was fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2009

Yes, of course I do. Why can't we have nice things like this anymore?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 29, 2017 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
I am still in uni.

But it I do kinda miss how carefree HS was.
Dec 29, 2017 6:55 PM
Nov 2016
Yes, high school was by far my favourite time of life everything after that is s**t.

_Poochyena_ said:
This post is so cute. You dont have to worry about getting older. Just like you had good times back in school, you'll have even better times outside of school with the freedom you've gained.

You don't get freedom by becoming an adult, you only get more constrained by all the work and responsibilities you get.
Dec 29, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2015
Are you basically saying I missed those life full of mistakes?
Dec 29, 2017 7:08 PM
Apr 2011
Currently in grad school, and though I will not miss high school or any time before then, I will miss college. I had some great times, and made amazing friendships. However, it's important to not live in the past and forge ahead. So I'm actually looking forward to my future even more than wanting to go back to old experiences.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Dec 29, 2017 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
No, because I hated school, and I wanted to blow my brains out with a gun every day of my life.

This problem thankfully went away after I graduated.

Dec 29, 2017 7:21 PM

Sep 2012
the only thing i miss about my school days was not being depressed and actually being cared about by everyone in my family.
girls actually approaching me and openly trying to hit on me was better than how shit is now, too.
YomiyukiDec 29, 2017 7:36 PM

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Dec 29, 2017 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
Having less responsibilities. That is about all I miss. Technically I’m still in school, just out of secondary education. Really the only thing that occurs after high school ends is that the responsibility on your shoulders becomes more of a burden.
Dec 29, 2017 9:57 PM

Apr 2017
Good old times! :) I still remember I got bullied in my Year 8 class! xD
Dec 29, 2017 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
No I don't really miss my school days at all.
Dec 29, 2017 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
My school days were pretty mediocre.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 29, 2017 10:14 PM

Jun 2015
Do I miss being bullied and failing everything?

Hell yeah.

Dec 29, 2017 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
I had post-school days nostalgia for years, especially college. But as time went on, I realized those memories have been heavily romanticized by present-day struggles. Sure there were moments I'd give anything to relive, but the experience as a whole - grades, exams, 120hr studying/training weeks - isn't one I'm keen to do over again.
Dec 29, 2017 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
Since a few years back I hit a crisis in my life where all I would think about is my dying day. It got very depressing, and even a little disturbing each time I thought about it. It seemed to occur the most though just after work. This emptiness would set in, and I would just start playing my dying day in my mind ... or I would think of my parents dying. Or just 'death' in general.

I am starting to come out of it though, thankfully. I think what really helped me not get tangled up with such unwanted thoughts was to just center my thinking in the present-tense, and just worry about myself in the moment rather than thinking too far ahead at things that only cause anxiety and depression.
Dec 30, 2017 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
QuattroVaginas said:
Not really. But I do miss the school girls.
How could I forget about all the Eye-Candy? Compared to that, Life looks quite dull when there are only a handful Girls you view at most during the Week.
Dec 30, 2017 4:09 AM

Nov 2017
Currently in high school but I'm not sure if I'll miss school. Probably will
おかえりなさい

Dec 30, 2017 4:59 AM

Jul 2010
Hmn I guess I do.... but now that I think about it, I kinda don't. Heh
Dec 30, 2017 7:43 AM

Mar 2016
Experience_Point said:
Yes, high school was by far my favourite time of life everything after that is s**t.

_Poochyena_ said:

You don't get freedom by becoming an adult, you only get more constrained by all the work and responsibilities you get.

But ultimately you have a choice as an adult what career you choose, what life you lead, and how you live that life. It's your choice and it's finally in your hands. No one can tell you how you should make your decisions. That's the freedom I'm talking about.
Dec 30, 2017 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
Sincerely not, but because I hate the school. But also about age, for now I don't miss because at the end I'm always young
Dec 30, 2017 2:42 PM
Nov 2016
_Poochyena_ said:
Experience_Point said:

But ultimately you have a choice as an adult what career you choose, what life you lead, and how you live that life. It's your choice and it's finally in your hands. No one can tell you how you should make your decisions. That's the freedom I'm talking about.

In ideal world that would be the case but in real world most people don't really have a luxury of choice and ends in career they don't like and didn't go to school to and living the way they don't like. So much for the choice.
Dec 30, 2017 3:10 PM

Feb 2008
The only thing I miss is my study abroad (exchange student) year, Sept '16 to Aug '17. But even that had its downsides, between my godawful noisy roommate who brought parties to our room without my knowledge or permission, dating troubles, going broke constantly and having to rely on assistance from my parents, etc. Still, a ton of fun, and some of the most memorable experiences of my life.

High school and before, and the rest of university, I could not care less about. Being an adult is much more satisfying.
Dec 30, 2017 3:14 PM

Feb 2016
had to deal with depression in my least year of highschool so it wasn't a nice experience.......... but i did have nice friends
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 3 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
18 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

67 by Rhaelynne »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

33 by elgatosaika »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.