Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2017 9:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get the rest of the Guardian Spirits arc. Man this episode was absurdity after absurdity. LMAO at Madao being a spirit himself. Lol, Kondo was like wtf too. Glad that we get the Shinsengumi in this arc too. Hijikata and Sougo teaming up makes a terribly hilarious duo. I fucking died when I saw how Kagura's and Gin are using their spirit for the race. Katsura and Elizabeth were hilarious too with their Corolla. I love how both Sougo and Elizabeth are sadistic dead weight for the team. It was a tie for everything anyways.

Easily one of my favorite episodes of all time, and the best possible way to end this season. Ah, this season was a balst overall, since the comedy was the most consistent this time. The previous seasons might have higher highs, but also lower lows. The lowest this season got was the HDZ48 arc, but the last two episodes for that arc was really funny.

Final arc next time. For those disappointed about Rakuyou's lack of comedy, the final arc will have a lot of comedy in the first half.

10/10 and my favorite Gintama season after Gintama. and the 2015 season.
GoldenDevilGamerDec 24, 2017 2:19 PM
Dec 24, 2017 10:21 AM
Oct 2017
Update

̶4̶̶1̶̶9̶ ̶4̶̶2̶̶2̶ ̶K̶̶a̶̶g̶̶u̶̶r̶̶a̶̶̶̶s̶ ̶B̶̶o̶̶y̶̶f̶̶r̶̶i̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶
̶4̶̶2̶̶4̶ ̶4̶̶2̶̶9̶ ̶E̶̶x̶̶c̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶b̶̶u̶̶r̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶
̶4̶̶3̶̶0̶ ̶T̶̶h̶̶e̶ ̶D̶̶i̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶c̶̶e̶ ̶B̶̶e̶̶t̶̶w̶̶e̶̶e̶̶n̶ ̶G̶̶o̶̶d̶̶l̶̶y̶ ̶G̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶ ̶S̶̶h̶̶i̶̶t̶̶t̶̶y̶ ̶G̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶i̶̶s̶ ̶P̶̶a̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶ ̶T̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶
̶4̶̶3̶̶1̶ ̶4̶̶3̶̶3̶ ̶H̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶l̶̶e̶̶s̶̶s̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶
̶4̶̶3̶̶5̶ ̶A̶̶l̶̶l̶ ̶A̶̶n̶̶s̶̶w̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶ ̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶ ̶i̶̶n̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶ ̶F̶̶i̶̶e̶̶l̶̶d̶
̶4̶̶4̶̶4̶ ̶S̶̶u̶̶n̶̶g̶̶l̶̶a̶̶s̶̶s̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶o̶̶f̶ ̶L̶̶i̶̶f̶̶e̶ ̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶ ̶D̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶h̶
̶4̶̶4̶̶5̶ ̶4̶̶4̶̶9̶ ̶H̶̶D̶̶Z̶̶4̶̶8̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶
487 An ID Photo is Proof of the Harshness of Reality
̶4̶̶9̶̶2̶ ̶4̶̶9̶̶6̶ ̶L̶̶o̶̶v̶̶e̶ ̶P̶̶o̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶ ̶(̶̶2̶ ̶O̶̶V̶̶A̶ ̶e̶̶p̶̶i̶̶s̶̶o̶̶d̶̶e̶̶s̶)
̶4̶̶9̶̶9̶ ̶5̶̶0̶̶1̶ ̶G̶̶u̶̶a̶̶r̶̶d̶̶i̶̶a̶̶n̶ ̶S̶̶p̶̶i̶̶r̶̶i̶̶t̶̶s̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶
̶5̶̶5̶̶2̶ ̶5̶̶9̶̶5̶ ̶R̶̶a̶̶k̶̶u̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶ ̶A̶̶r̶̶c̶
596 - Silver Soul Arc (8/1/2018 coming soon)

Final chap 487 not anime :(
Dec 24, 2017 10:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
but you can´t deny me that was hilarious because the improbable is just justifiable!!! LOL
Dec 24, 2017 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
oh my god.

im not ready for the final arc.... hold me
Dec 24, 2017 12:31 PM

Sep 2015

I died laughing, this week's episode was a perfect 10. See you soon, Yorozuya!
Dec 24, 2017 12:47 PM
Dec 2016
So much hype after have seen SS images. We see Nobunaga w/ Sakamoto and Katsura and I don't remember well the chronology of all the events of SS arc, but that might mean that they will adapt the full arc without a pause. Can someone can prove me that I am wrong ?
Dec 24, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
And there was the last season focusing on mostly comedy. Really enjoyed this episode especially all these weird stands Guardian Spirits lol. 10/10 for another one Gintama season. Cannot wait for Silver Soul to start.
Dec 24, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
That was hilarious, I couldn't even eat properly cause I was laughing so much. XD

Perhaps the best comedy arc of this season, they kept throwing random stuff at us throughout the whole episode and I cracked up at pretty much everything. XDD

PV for Silver Soul with the rock remix of the main theme is just glorious.

Overall, yet another great season of Gintama and I'm both happy and sad that Gintama is now moving into it's concluding arc. This particular season in itself was really funny and I'm glad they decided to do this as a break between the back to back serious arcs we had. I've got high expectations for Silver Soul and the faith that it's gonna be amazing.

10/10 as always, Bring on Silver Soul!
Dec 24, 2017 1:11 PM

Apr 2017
MonkeyDMike said:
And there was the last season focusing on mostly comedy. Really enjoyed this episode especially all these weird stands Guardian Spirits lol. 10/10 for another one Gintama season. Cannot wait for Silver Soul to start.

IT'S THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND SPIRIT!!!
Dec 24, 2017 1:12 PM

Feb 2013
I loved this episode!
All those spirits were so random and funny that I couldn't stop laughing.
I especially liked Madao and the Mayorati.
Dec 24, 2017 1:30 PM
Nov 2013
Nobraniarcanin said:
So much hype after have seen SS images. We see Nobunaga w/ Sakamoto and Katsura and I don't remember well the chronology of all the events of SS arc, but that might mean that they will adapt the full arc without a pause. Can someone can prove me that I am wrong ?

Theryre together early on in the arc. So, no proof there.
Dec 24, 2017 1:34 PM
Dec 2016
crystalblade13 said:
Nobraniarcanin said:

Cool then ty, I really hope that they will make a break between the two half of the arc, and that we will have some SPYAIR or DOES for the second openings and endings

Dec 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Aug 2016
Did you noticed that they changed Alchu's color from Blue to Yellow this episode? It's almost like, Sorachi contacted the studio and said:

- Hey! I imagined Alchu being yellow, like P**achu! Not blue!
- B-but sir, we were worried about copyright issues...
- No excuse! Make it yellow!
- Y-yes, sir!
Dec 24, 2017 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
Caciulacdlac said:
Did you noticed that they changed Alchu's color from Blue to Yellow this episode?

Finally someone else pointed this out lol. I was confused about that too.

Anyway, this episode was hilarious as we saw a bunch of the other major characters' Guardian Spirits. Katsura and Hijikata having cars was unexpected but funny. I think I mentioned this last week, but I love how a lot of the characters' quirks and personalities are the fault of their spirits lol. This was a great way to finish this season as we head into the Silver Soul arc.

I don't want to accept the fact that Gintama is almost over, but I have high hopes that the final arc will give it the sendoff it deserves.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 24, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Too much japanese puns on "tama" I wonder how all those scene without the glasses..... and THE GLASSES IS SPIRITS!?

Caciulacdlac said:
Did you noticed that they changed Alchu's color from Blue to Yellow this episode? It's almost like, Sorachi contacted the studio and said:

- Hey! I imagined Alchu being yellow, like P**achu! Not blue!
- B-but sir, we were worried about copyright issues...
- No excuse! Make it yellow!
- Y-yes, sir!

Gintama the only anime can get away from anything even on this episode they just made 2 Jesus on Cross as a joke.
Into the Internet!
Dec 24, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
And so we bit farewell to ANOTHER season of Gintama

Shit is crazy man. Looking forward to the "final" season in January, but you never know with Gintama, its a type of series that can go on even without source material to adapt.
Dec 24, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2015
Ramkec said:

Shit is crazy man. Looking forward to the "final" season in January, but you never know with Gintama, its a type of series that can go on even without source material to adapt.
The adapt the Ginpachi-sensei light novels
Sup...
Dec 24, 2017 2:44 PM

Feb 2012
SenpaiJay98 said:
Ramkec said:

I think that has been adapted, during earlier seasons after the ending credits they had a little segments called "Teach us Ginpachi Sensei" with Gin reading fan mail or something.
Dec 24, 2017 2:48 PM

Dec 2017
Gintama has been always great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2017 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
Ramkec said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I think that has been adapted, during earlier seasons after the ending credits they had a little segments called "Teach us Ginpachi Sensei" with Gin reading fan mail or something.
That's not the light novel, the light novel is like it's own thing(like the Attack on Titan, or S3ven Deadly Sins high school spin offs), it's getting translated right now(I think we are close to chapter 2)
Sup...
Dec 24, 2017 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
does anyone know the name of the ost at the end when Shin was talking to his glasses?
Also does anyone else understand the "Grandpa's a Jack"joke?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 24, 2017 5:12 PM
Mar 2015
Loved the guardians spirits. The Corolla The Mayoratti. and Madado Guardian Fusion The eggs that Shinpachi's sister burned became her 1000 armed guardians spirit and the Gorilla actually had Gorilla guardian spirits
Dec 24, 2017 5:40 PM
Mar 2013
a quick note

,I know that we didn't get an anime adaptation of Chapter 487 An ID Photo is Proof of the Harshness of Reality-in other words the photo booth chapter in the slip arc season which is now ended but one opinion,Do you think that Bandai Namco Pictures Wil Adapt Chapter 487 as an Anime episode to air after the main silver soul episode,Do you think they will air as a bonus DVD/Bluray or add it as an extra in the final volume of the Porori hen Blu ray/DVD.

Do you think that it's best that we fans ask Bandai Namco Pictures and demand them to know when Chapter 487 will be adapted as Anime Episode? and Why they can't adapt it as an anime That's all I wanted to know
Dec 24, 2017 7:02 PM
Dec 2016
What a phenomenal episode, the mind that is required to come with gags like this, while keeping in min gate pseudo-realistic setting that gintama has. Good job Sorachi.

Sad to see that the next gintama season will be the last one. But we got a great time watching all of them.
Dec 24, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2015
It was a nice season, the only complaint I have was its shitty ending theme, for some reason I hate that song...
ren_moonDec 24, 2017 9:53 PM
Dec 24, 2017 9:42 PM

Mar 2014
I want the rest of Gintama's chapters to be adapted after the final season but know its not going to happen. Why do Naruto and One piece get all their chapters animated but Gintama which is a superior series imo doesn't? Sigh...the world just isn't fair.
Dec 24, 2017 11:28 PM

Dec 2013
This episode had me in tears!

The trailer for that final arc has me hyped!
Dec 25, 2017 12:59 AM

Apr 2016
fine episode
I would have to say in the end this was my least favorite Gintama season, beating out the previous one for the one I enjoyed the least. I think mainly because it felt kind of pointless, like they just wanted to squeeze more money out of the franchise before going into the final arc. none of the arcs in this season really hit me as exciting or even that funny. I think its high time for the final arc, so I'm looking forward to it, and hope that I will be able to enjoy it.
Dec 25, 2017 4:15 AM

Jun 2013
fuck i don't want it to end
Dec 25, 2017 7:18 AM
Sep 2012
Farewell gintama porori hen. I actually prefer serious arc than funny arc since bnp did gintama. But still, it was 8/10 for me.
Dec 25, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Man this episode was dope... I am really feeling it... I am hyped for the last arc though
Dec 25, 2017 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
SpikeCB said:
I want the rest of Gintama's chapters to be adapted after the final season but know its not going to happen. Why do Naruto and One piece get all their chapters animated but Gintama which is a superior series imo doesn't? Sigh...the world just isn't fair.
pretty sure gintama has adapted everything but a single chapter for some reason, which i kind of imagine will get shoved into the post scenes or something of an episode.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 26, 2017 3:20 AM
Mar 2015
I was screaming my lungs out at the Katsulla part.

This is too good. I hope this anime never stops, final arc or not.
Dec 26, 2017 4:26 AM

Nov 2013
This episode is the reason I love Gintama ! Making a totally unrelated plot line with guardian spirits into one that connects to characters traits LOL ! that corolla and mayorati !

Also, thank God they fixed how they animated the faces, you could tell this last episode and the trailer for the silver soul arc are back to the old art style .

And they straight up changed Alchu from Blue to yellow , that continuity fail that only Gintama could get away with .

Here's to a great next season !!!
Dec 26, 2017 6:12 AM

Jun 2014
This is gintama!!!

I think that, besides chapter 487, chapter 481 and chapter 497 were not adapted.
Waiting for a Gamaran anime adaptation.
Dec 26, 2017 8:28 AM

Nov 2015
The end is nearly upon us. I hope Silver soul is better than SA & FS. Gotta end this series on a high note!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Dec 26, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
EroKing_AS said:

I died laughing, this week's episode was a perfect 10. See you soon, Yorozuya!

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!! ~ Madao
Dec 26, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
I did not expect myself surviving after laughing so much! This arc completely explained some of the characters' trait. I am happy for Hijikata, at least he like doesn't seem to hate mayonnaise and he got a mayorati...

Damn... I definitely think the main reason I feel so sad even after intense amount of laughing is that the next arc is the last (Silver Soul Arc) I am aware that some chapters from the manga were not animated, so maybe they would animate those after the next arc?
Whatever happens, 2018 will huge a big year for anime (including the legendary Gintama of course)

The fusion of the 3 spirits is the funniest moment! Extremely dangerous scenes to watch due to loss of oxygen cuz of laughing so much. Worth it though!

Dec 26, 2017 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
Another hilarious episode with great refererences to Yugioh :D. Katsura was awesome in his Corolla. There was so many things with no sense, I love Gintama

I loved this season more focused on the comedy, it's good to laugh between two serious arcs.
Now, I'm looking forward to seeing the "final" arc! And I hope that it's not really the final one

PS: I will miss Kagura's smile of the ending song T_T
Dec 26, 2017 11:07 AM
May 2013
I'm gonna miss... the OP and ED song, after the first episodes those and my nostalgia were the only things that kept me watching Gintama.
Dec 26, 2017 12:03 PM
Oct 2015
RurouniZoro said:
This is gintama!!!

I think that, besides chapter 487, chapter 481 and chapter 497 were not adapted.

Chapter 481 - Episode 311(Gintama° ep 34)
Chapter 497 - Episode 299(Gintama° ep 46)
mjetekDec 26, 2017 12:07 PM
Dec 27, 2017 8:18 AM

Feb 2008
I do not know where to start...

I was laughing my ass off for the majority of the episode, particularly as various guardian spirits and their peculiarities were revealed. Hasegawa and Kondou never fail to deliver, the latter's ever-present obsession with phallic symbols made its spirit even more hilarious. MADAO power still reigns supreme, though.

Thankfully, the wait for a new season will not be particularly long.
Dec 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2015
Probably the funniest episode in this season, but doesn't do much when compared to the rest of the episodes. This was the least enjoyable Gintama anime since the first season. 4/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 27, 2017 10:20 AM
Nov 2013
Nobraniarcanin said:
crystalblade13 said:

Cool then ty, I really hope that they will make a break between the two half of the arc, and that we will have some SPYAIR or DOES for the second openings and endings

Me too, that'd be great
Dec 27, 2017 10:26 AM
Oct 2007
I must have grew out of Gintama humor or what. Gintama is still as unique as ever but this season isn't as appealing like the previous for me. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2017 11:25 AM
Aug 2016
Awsome episode. Also in this season, first time, the art style didn't annoy me in this episode. However this was the weakest Gintama season imo. The SS preview make me hyped. I am looking forward to it! But I am sad since Gintama is actually ending :(
Dec 27, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
Heh, so this old guy was Shinpachi's spirit xD
Hilarious episode. Shame the season is over already and soon the whole series will be as well :'(
Dec 27, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2017
Yorozuyaaa said:
Awsome episode. Also in this season, first time, the art style didn't annoy me in this episode. However this was the weakest Gintama season imo. The SS preview make me hyped. I am looking forward to it! But I am sad since Gintama is actually ending :(

even ep 7 and 8 bothered you? episode 7 was great both art style and animation wise ( compared t rest of the series)

people need to realize that this season was simply unadapted chapters from before S.A arc, of course they picked funnier and better ones to animate before S.A arc and left the worse ones.
each gintama season consists of some hilarious eps, some emotional and one or two serious arcs with action and flash backs or whatever that proceeds the actual plot. so of course they have more story and point to them rather than a season which is just some left out arcs.
personally, i totally appreciate this season, things became dead serious all of a sudden in gintama. it was a nice break from all those seriousness we were having recently.
in terms of animation and art style, maybe they should've put more time into it and started the ss arc in spring.
Dec 27, 2017 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
This entire season was definitely filler arc but it was still hilarious.

Kondou's ballsack guardian killed me. Classic Gintama.

Gintama is finally ending, I'm just glad to be around to see it. I hope the author creates some new series or who knows, he might reboot Gintama suddenly.
臭い-
Dec 29, 2017 6:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the transformation in MA-DA-OH the best of this episode!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 26, 2017

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.