Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Blend S Episode 12 Discussion

Dec 29, 2017 11:03 PM

Man I'm gonna miss Maika's sadism and Akizuki's tsundereness. Want another season of this brilliant gem with full likable cast. 9/10

Dec 30, 2017 5:28 AM
I'm actually kinda sad that it's over. I love Blend S. I did want to see more Kaho x Akizuki though. They're adorable... But, despite that, the last episode was nice and ended very well. I love when anime gives off that "see ya next time" feel at the end of the series.

Dec 30, 2017 9:28 AM

Praise this anime for being so fun and also creating one of the funniest anime memes of all time the year.
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.

Dec 30, 2017 10:32 AM

I really enjoyed watching this anime, and really fun to watch.
So I might check the manga as soon as at least 30+ chapters got translated.
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.

Dec 31, 2017 8:24 AM

Great anime finale.
I wanted a new season showing Maika traveling between the countries, as the ending shows!

Dec 31, 2017 11:19 AM

These slice of life comedy shows about staff in shops are my new favorite thing.

Hilarious throughout 9/10

Dec 31, 2017 3:30 PM
SuperRed said:
One of the most comfy slice of life anime I've seen, a second season with more romantic development would be nice, but this was pretty good as well. Maika and Kaho best girls (though all characters were nice).
Agreed!!! It was also refreshing and super hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud countless times. And with that ending I really do hope there is a second season! :) kaho x akizuki all the way!

Jan 1, 2018 9:38 AM

Already before the start of this series, I had designated as my guilty pleasure series of the season, after the first episode I was afraid that it could get worse, but fortunately it did not happen and it managed to rebound finishing in a more than excellent season . Interesting characters and cute drawing style. Perhaps they did not exploit the landscape contexts properly, remaining almost always confined to the premises where the characters worked and did not take advantage of the opportunity to use other characters who came back in the circles of friendships or kinships of the characters; this is perhaps the only small flaw that I can attribute to the series. Opening and ending really cute and catchy.

8/10

Jan 2, 2018 4:11 PM

Great ending to great show! One simply has to love those characters! S2 can't come soon enough.

7/10

Jan 4, 2018 2:42 AM

It was ok i guess.
It's kinda short and not exactly Memorable Characters than a living memes.

Good conclusion to fill time.

Fk.. i think after watching Houseki no Kuni my head hurt watching 2D stuff.
It's just too beautiful.

Sorry Blend S

Jan 4, 2018 5:58 AM

I like the series but i don't like the pairings, Dino x Mika seems a little bit odd considering Dino is 26 and Mika is an highschool student. I do ship AKi x Kaho tho they'd look cute together.. still a good show nonetheless, such refreshing vibes on every episode.

Overall score 7/10

Jan 4, 2018 8:56 AM
I am actually kind of bummed it's over. It was a very funny show that had a memorable cast. I'm shipping Dino x Owner. There's nothing wrong with loving man's best friend, lmao.

I'd enjoy seeing a season 2.

Jan 7, 2018 9:31 PM

Now this was a solid anime till the end. Had slight lows at times but very consistent overall. Fun characters who had interesting quirks but also some different sides. The very last scene felt so unnecessary tho lol

8/10

Jan 8, 2018 9:12 AM

KAHO BEST GRILL! <3 a very solid slice of life, 9/10 for me. Brought back the working! feeling which i have missed for quite a long time.

Jan 23, 2018 3:21 AM

who tf is this? LOLOL his pose xD

Someone make a gif of Dino's woosah. It's too damn kawaii lololol

Dino was really cool snowboarding until you see the bottom of his snowboard LMAOOOOO.

OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! The flashback of when Kaho and Akizuki first met was SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE~~~ I'm cry ;A; <3 I love them so much <3 <3 <3 ship ship ship :')

Loved the end card as well

I really enjoyed this anime :D and the comedy snippets were really unique and creative!!!! Even the plotline is different from the majority rest of rom-com anime. I'm happy Dino actually confessed even though Maika fell asleep lol. There's some sort of progress in there ^.^ Wanted AkizukiXKaho confession too, but each couple moves at their own pace, so I'm okay with it not happening at the same time Dino decided to confess this last ep, y'know? :}

9/10-- lack of dimension in the other characters, esp Miu and Hideki. I would've liked some more focus on them. At least we got that one really good ep of Mafuyu :) and throw in some Akizuki and Kaho moments. Other than that, very cute anime :))) I would totally watch it again hehe. Crossing fingers for a 2nd season! :D
Modified by Kokoro_Inuzuka, Jan 23, 2018 3:24 AM

Jan 23, 2018 7:48 AM
AdrianRubinsky said:
I will surely watch a S2 if it happens. Not as good as Working, but it was pretty funny to watch.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. I am watching working now and unless it gets much better and soon it doesn't hold a candle to Blend-S. Its slow, the main male character always seems very stressed out and not in a fun way. Blend-S is far more what I would consider slice of life.

Jan 23, 2018 7:53 AM
Anime_Emperor said:
Good anime, I'd give it an 8/10

I'm a little dissapointed that there wasn't a real confession
:( There better be a season 2, I feel like there is more that can be done. At the begining Maika said she was saving up for a study abroad so season 2 could be about that.

My idea for season 2 is Maika goes on a study abroad and has to choose between manager and someone she meets when she is away.

The reason I love Blend-S is there aren't any of those damn triangles. I am so sick of someone getting hurt in anime and Blend-S does a perfect job of being light and fun. Adding a triangle would destroy that fun and make the anime tense and not enjoyable. There are plenty of stressful "romance" anime that count on heartache and stress to appeal to certainly not people like me.

For a 2nd season I would like to see her go to Italy with the manager and have their romance continue..... such that it is.

Feb 3, 2018 9:15 AM

Nice trip. Even if she was asleep, it was a cute declaration.

Unfortunately, Blend S is over T-T. I loved this anime, it was the SoL of the season. The comedy was great thanks to the different roles that girls play. Akizuki's romance with Kaho was cute too.
I am hoping to see a second season.

Feb 7, 2018 12:41 PM

Very nice episode. Manager's confession was very cute. I'm glad it didn't work, otherwise the story would have ended and there would be no chance for a second season, which I would really like to watch.
I also liked the part with the first employees' backstories about how they started working at Stile. Akizuki and Kaho were very cute together again, they make a lovely pair. Mafuyu, on the other hand is a hilarious deadpan.
Great characters for a great show. I really liked the chemistry and the silly situations and dialogues. It's on par with Working, in my opinion, which means a solid 8/10. This show is much more than just a meme originated from its OP. I really hope there's S2.

Feb 9, 2018 9:58 AM
The 5 characters in the main cast of this show are all splendid !

Too bad that Hideri didn't had much screentime, so can we get a Season 2 ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Feb 12, 2018 11:42 AM

new i need to watch anime that is less hilarious, ppl below start to go to sleep soon & if i see something as hilarious i will wake them up with my laughing lol

AdrianRubinsky said:
I will surely watch a S2 if it happens. Not as good as Working, but it was pretty funny to watch.

depends do u mean www.Working (its more comedic ver of it) or Working, www.Working is equal to this series, but working is bit below

keldar said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

Sorry but I strongly disagree. I am watching working now and unless it gets much better and soon it doesn't hold a candle to Blend-S. Its slow, the main male character always seems very stressed out and not in a fun way. Blend-S is far more what I would consider slice of life.

depends which one he means www.Working (its more comedic ver of it) or Working, www.Working is equal to this series, but working is bit below

Feb 19, 2018 3:18 PM

I'm glad Dino and Maika never got together in the end of the series, it would've been creepy for an old guy like him to get it on with such a young girl anyway. Old people should stick with old people ( reason I don't plan on watching Koi wo ameagari no you ni).

But overall I love them both ( individually) as characters, they delivered a real funny anime especially the manager. I'm glad it wasn't romance because it would've sucked for me.

Because I liked it and it made laugh there and there which is very important in my life I will give it a

7/10 and hope to see it sometime, somewhere.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Mar 15, 2018 6:02 AM

Ah, i finally got around to finish this show. it was fun but also could've been a lot better.
Overall i enjoyed it.

6/10

Mar 23, 2018 7:49 AM

This anime is really funny. I hope it can get a season 2 :D I really love it.

7/10

Mar 29, 2018 2:24 AM

Maika how can you be that stupid and blind? He's in love with you dummy.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."

Apr 10, 2018 10:04 AM

Failed love confession. Used as a lap pillow. Poor manager.

Maika loves Dino but not in THAT way. Poor manager.

This was a fun series I wish there was a Hideri Kanzaki spin-off of just himself and his interactions with other people. He is both best girl and best boy.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

May 2, 2018 12:13 AM
May the manager rest in peace......

Aug 9, 2018 11:11 AM
i dont understand the very end, the station part
oof

Aug 22, 2018 4:34 PM

Enjoyed it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd season.

Sep 24, 2018 1:54 PM

Ah, they just keep teasing at these pairings. If only I could be as clueless as Maika!

Blend-S really turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I couldn't get enough of Maika's sadist faces and the gags were always so much fun. Although it was a bit repetitive at times, this show was an absolute riot that kept the gut busters coming in strong. I was hoping to take my time with this, but it was over before I even knew it.

8/10

Dec 1, 2018 2:33 PM

Kaho and Akizuki have been an awkward ship since the beginning. Also low-key shipping Miu and Hideri. Miu's got that soft punching fetish for him, lmao.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)

Dec 31, 2018 5:47 AM
was an Ok closing, more seemingly the relationship between the protagonists. he loves her, but her feelings remain open. It was a fun anime .... Too bad they do not get together.

Apr 12, 9:08 PM

Eh, I could have done without watching this show. But now at the very least I have more context for the memes 4/10 for me.

May 14, 2:17 PM

About the episode

I really liked that one, you don't see much snowboarding and skiing in anime.
It was pretty obvious that the confession will end up being turned into comedy situation, I'm satisfied with that.

Dino being jealous of Owner.
It was nice that they showed us how the first three begun working there.
I will repeat it the last time - Kaho and Akizuki were destined for eachother from the beginning.
I'm impressed how Dino didn't got caught by the police.
The way he brought Mafuyu was hilarious.

About the series

I expected Blend S to be worse, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. I heard Blend S resembled very much Working!!, maybe I should have watched/read that one first.

The famous opening that became a meme. I have seen a lot of different "S stands for..." videos, but I have never watched the opening itself. Turned out that it's a nice opening.

Ending was also nice, I liked that it didn't contained all the characters from the beginning and they were added when they were introduced in the episode, small thing but nice.

Music was nice, nothing top notch but I didn't expect anything on that level for a comedy.

The show had a really nice art, was colorful, pleasant to eye and animation was smooth, nothing more needed for a comedy.

I liked all the characters:
Owner the dog - obviously the best male in the main cast.
Sadistnomiya Maika - pure and innocent girl, playing a role of a sadist. Obviously the best girl.
Hinata Kaho and Akizuki Kouyou - hope-to-be-a-couple tsunderes.
Lolikawa Mafuyu - a college student that looks like loli, the most normal one.
Dino - ...Italian lolicon, loses a lot of blood.
Amano Miu - not long ago I've seen a picture of "Japanese busty woman who draws doujinshi with busty woman"(it went somehow like this). That was the first thing I thought about when Miu introduced herself.
Kanzaki Hideri - funny trap.

That was a really nice cast of characters, I'll miss them all.

At the end I think that the time spent with the Blend S was really worth it.
Modified by WitheredRose, May 14, 2:38 PM

Jul 14, 4:23 AM
this anime is very cute and funny im very enjoy the plot and so much cute moment happen.. with differen character and trying to blend in one place that good.
maika and kaho is my favorit character. they have a cute pure side.

then the final episode its so sad about the relationship between Dino and maika.. but its good..

i hope for season 2 this is have a special place in my heart..

9/10

Aug 20, 6:09 PM

It's been 12 episodes yet I kept getting genuinely surprised every time I heard OP just continue with the original version instead of Blend W.
Also, this needed more Hideri.
"Life is one big yeehaw and then you die"

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]