Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 30, 2017 5:28 AM
Dec 2017
I'm actually kinda sad that it's over. I love Blend S. I did want to see more Kaho x Akizuki though. They're adorable... But, despite that, the last episode was nice and ended very well. I love when anime gives off that "see ya next time" feel at the end of the series.
Dec 30, 2017 9:28 AM

May 2016
Praise this anime for being so fun and also creating one of the funniest anime memes of all time the year.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 30, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
I really enjoyed watching this anime, and really fun to watch.
So I might check the manga as soon as at least 30+ chapters got translated.
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 31, 2017 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
Great anime finale.
I wanted a new season showing Maika traveling between the countries, as the ending shows!
Dec 31, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2012
These slice of life comedy shows about staff in shops are my new favorite thing.

Hilarious throughout 9/10
Dec 31, 2017 3:30 PM
Jul 2015
SuperRed said:
One of the most comfy slice of life anime I've seen, a second season with more romantic development would be nice, but this was pretty good as well. Maika and Kaho best girls (though all characters were nice).
Agreed!!! It was also refreshing and super hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud countless times. And with that ending I really do hope there is a second season! :) kaho x akizuki all the way!
Jan 1, 2018 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
Already before the start of this series, I had designated as my guilty pleasure series of the season, after the first episode I was afraid that it could get worse, but fortunately it did not happen and it managed to rebound finishing in a more than excellent season . Interesting characters and cute drawing style. Perhaps they did not exploit the landscape contexts properly, remaining almost always confined to the premises where the characters worked and did not take advantage of the opportunity to use other characters who came back in the circles of friendships or kinships of the characters; this is perhaps the only small flaw that I can attribute to the series. Opening and ending really cute and catchy.

8/10
Jan 2, 2018 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
Great ending to great show! One simply has to love those characters! S2 can't come soon enough.

7/10
Jan 4, 2018 2:42 AM

Aug 2014
It was ok i guess.
It's kinda short and not exactly Memorable Characters than a living memes.

Good conclusion to fill time.

Fk.. i think after watching Houseki no Kuni my head hurt watching 2D stuff.
It's just too beautiful.

Sorry Blend S
Jan 4, 2018 5:58 AM

Oct 2013
I like the series but i don't like the pairings, Dino x Mika seems a little bit odd considering Dino is 26 and Mika is an highschool student. I do ship AKi x Kaho tho they'd look cute together.. still a good show nonetheless, such refreshing vibes on every episode.

Overall score 7/10
Jan 4, 2018 8:56 AM
Nov 2017
I am actually kind of bummed it's over. It was a very funny show that had a memorable cast. I'm shipping Dino x Owner. There's nothing wrong with loving man's best friend, lmao.

I'd enjoy seeing a season 2.
Jan 7, 2018 9:31 PM

May 2010
Now this was a solid anime till the end. Had slight lows at times but very consistent overall. Fun characters who had interesting quirks but also some different sides. The very last scene felt so unnecessary tho lol

8/10
Jan 8, 2018 9:12 AM

May 2011
KAHO BEST GRILL! <3 a very solid slice of life, 9/10 for me. Brought back the working! feeling which i have missed for quite a long time.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 23, 2018 3:21 AM

May 2013
who tf is this? LOLOL his pose xD

Someone make a gif of Dino's woosah. It's too damn kawaii lololol

Dino was really cool snowboarding until you see the bottom of his snowboard LMAOOOOO.

OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! The flashback of when Kaho and Akizuki first met was SOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE~~~ I'm cry ;A; <3 I love them so much <3 <3 <3 ship ship ship :')

Loved the end card as well

I really enjoyed this anime :D and the comedy snippets were really unique and creative!!!! Even the plotline is different from the majority rest of rom-com anime. I'm happy Dino actually confessed even though Maika fell asleep lol. There's some sort of progress in there ^.^ Wanted AkizukiXKaho confession too, but each couple moves at their own pace, so I'm okay with it not happening at the same time Dino decided to confess this last ep, y'know? :}

9/10-- lack of dimension in the other characters, esp Miu and Hideki. I would've liked some more focus on them. At least we got that one really good ep of Mafuyu :) and throw in some Akizuki and Kaho moments. Other than that, very cute anime :))) I would totally watch it again hehe. Crossing fingers for a 2nd season! :D
Kokoro_KotashimaJan 23, 2018 3:24 AM
Jan 23, 2018 7:48 AM
Nov 2009
AdrianRubinsky said:
I will surely watch a S2 if it happens. Not as good as Working, but it was pretty funny to watch.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. I am watching working now and unless it gets much better and soon it doesn't hold a candle to Blend-S. Its slow, the main male character always seems very stressed out and not in a fun way. Blend-S is far more what I would consider slice of life.
Jan 23, 2018 7:53 AM
Nov 2009
Anime_Emperor said:
Good anime, I'd give it an 8/10

I'm a little dissapointed that there wasn't a real confession
:( There better be a season 2, I feel like there is more that can be done. At the begining Maika said she was saving up for a study abroad so season 2 could be about that.

My idea for season 2 is Maika goes on a study abroad and has to choose between manager and someone she meets when she is away.

The reason I love Blend-S is there aren't any of those damn triangles. I am so sick of someone getting hurt in anime and Blend-S does a perfect job of being light and fun. Adding a triangle would destroy that fun and make the anime tense and not enjoyable. There are plenty of stressful "romance" anime that count on heartache and stress to appeal to certainly not people like me.

For a 2nd season I would like to see her go to Italy with the manager and have their romance continue..... such that it is.
Feb 3, 2018 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
Nice trip. Even if she was asleep, it was a cute declaration.

Unfortunately, Blend S is over T-T. I loved this anime, it was the SoL of the season. The comedy was great thanks to the different roles that girls play. Akizuki's romance with Kaho was cute too.
I am hoping to see a second season.
Feb 7, 2018 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
Very nice episode. Manager's confession was very cute. I'm glad it didn't work, otherwise the story would have ended and there would be no chance for a second season, which I would really like to watch.
I also liked the part with the first employees' backstories about how they started working at Stile. Akizuki and Kaho were very cute together again, they make a lovely pair. Mafuyu, on the other hand is a hilarious deadpan.
Great characters for a great show. I really liked the chemistry and the silly situations and dialogues. It's on par with Working, in my opinion, which means a solid 8/10. This show is much more than just a meme originated from its OP. I really hope there's S2.
Feb 9, 2018 9:58 AM
Jul 2015
The 5 characters in the main cast of this show are all splendid !

Too bad that Hideri didn't had much screentime, so can we get a Season 2 ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Feb 12, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
new i need to watch anime that is less hilarious, ppl below start to go to sleep soon & if i see something as hilarious i will wake them up with my laughing lol

AdrianRubinsky said:
I will surely watch a S2 if it happens. Not as good as Working, but it was pretty funny to watch.

depends do u mean www.Working (its more comedic ver of it) or Working, www.Working is equal to this series, but working is bit below

keldar said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

Sorry but I strongly disagree. I am watching working now and unless it gets much better and soon it doesn't hold a candle to Blend-S. Its slow, the main male character always seems very stressed out and not in a fun way. Blend-S is far more what I would consider slice of life.

depends which one he means www.Working (its more comedic ver of it) or Working, www.Working is equal to this series, but working is bit below
Feb 19, 2018 3:18 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Dino and Maika never got together in the end of the series, it would've been creepy for an old guy like him to get it on with such a young girl anyway. Old people should stick with old people ( reason I don't plan on watching Koi wo ameagari no you ni).

But overall I love them both ( individually) as characters, they delivered a real funny anime especially the manager. I'm glad it wasn't romance because it would've sucked for me.

Because I liked it and it made laugh there and there which is very important in my life I will give it a

7/10 and hope to see it sometime, somewhere.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 15, 2018 6:02 AM

Nov 2010
Ah, i finally got around to finish this show. it was fun but also could've been a lot better.
Overall i enjoyed it.

6/10
Mar 23, 2018 7:49 AM

May 2016
This anime is really funny. I hope it can get a season 2 :D I really love it.

7/10
Mar 29, 2018 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Maika how can you be that stupid and blind? He's in love with you dummy.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Apr 10, 2018 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
Failed love confession. Used as a lap pillow. Poor manager.

Maika loves Dino but not in THAT way. Poor manager.

This was a fun series I wish there was a Hideri Kanzaki spin-off of just himself and his interactions with other people. He is both best girl and best boy.
臭い-
May 2, 2018 12:13 AM
Apr 2018
May the manager rest in peace......
Aug 9, 2018 11:11 AM
Aug 2018
i dont understand the very end, the station part
oof
Aug 22, 2018 4:34 PM

Sep 2010
Enjoyed it a lot more than I originally thought I would. Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd season.
Sep 24, 2018 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
Ah, they just keep teasing at these pairings. If only I could be as clueless as Maika!

Blend-S really turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I couldn't get enough of Maika's sadist faces and the gags were always so much fun. Although it was a bit repetitive at times, this show was an absolute riot that kept the gut busters coming in strong. I was hoping to take my time with this, but it was over before I even knew it.

8/10
Dec 1, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2015
Kaho and Akizuki have been an awkward ship since the beginning. Also low-key shipping Miu and Hideri. Miu's got that soft punching fetish for him, lmao.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 31, 2018 5:47 AM
Oct 2018
was an Ok closing, more seemingly the relationship between the protagonists. he loves her, but her feelings remain open. It was a fun anime .... Too bad they do not get together.
Apr 12, 2019 9:08 PM

Dec 2013
Eh, I could have done without watching this show. But now at the very least I have more context for the memes 4/10 for me.
May 14, 2019 2:17 PM

Jan 2017
About the episode

I really liked that one, you don't see much snowboarding and skiing in anime.
It was pretty obvious that the confession will end up being turned into comedy situation, I'm satisfied with that.

Dino being jealous of Owner.
It was nice that they showed us how the first three begun working there.
I will repeat it the last time - Kaho and Akizuki were destined for eachother from the beginning.
I'm impressed how Dino didn't got caught by the police.
The way he brought Mafuyu was hilarious.

About the series

I expected Blend S to be worse, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. I heard Blend S resembled very much Working!!, maybe I should have watched/read that one first.

The famous opening that became a meme. I have seen a lot of different "S stands for..." videos, but I have never watched the opening itself. Turned out that it's a nice opening.

Ending was also nice, I liked that it didn't contained all the characters from the beginning and they were added when they were introduced in the episode, small thing but nice.

Music was nice, nothing top notch but I didn't expect anything on that level for a comedy.

The show had a really nice art, was colorful, pleasant to eye and animation was smooth, nothing more needed for a comedy.

I liked all the characters:
Owner the dog - obviously the best male in the main cast.
Sadistnomiya Maika - pure and innocent girl, playing a role of a sadist. Obviously the best girl.
Hinata Kaho and Akizuki Kouyou - hope-to-be-a-couple tsunderes.
Lolikawa Mafuyu - a college student that looks like loli, the most normal one.
Dino - ...Italian lolicon, loses a lot of blood.
Amano Miu - not long ago I've seen a picture of "Japanese busty woman who draws doujinshi with busty woman"(it went somehow like this). That was the first thing I thought about when Miu introduced herself.
Kanzaki Hideri - funny trap.

That was a really nice cast of characters, I'll miss them all.

At the end I think that the time spent with the Blend S was really worth it.
WitheredRoseMay 14, 2019 2:38 PM
Jul 14, 2019 4:23 AM
Jan 2017
this anime is very cute and funny im very enjoy the plot and so much cute moment happen.. with differen character and trying to blend in one place that good.
maika and kaho is my favorit character. they have a cute pure side.

then the final episode its so sad about the relationship between Dino and maika.. but its good..

i hope for season 2 this is have a special place in my heart..

9/10
Oct 29, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
A nice finale episode, even though I facepalmed when the manager confessed to a clearly sleeping Maika...

Overall a very enjoyable show, similar to stuff like New Game, just a bit crazier. Will miss watching this after a stressful day. 8/10
Dec 26, 2019 10:36 AM

Aug 2018
Hideri in belly punching fetish hentai?.. I wonder, if hentai artists made it.. ;P If not, just what are they doing.. The anime itself is just giving you the idea directly.. And I say this liking Hideri, it's just fetish, really..
I was actually skeptic about last episode being in snowy mountains.. But it's actually enjoyable.. ;p
Flashbacks to recruiting the old staff were pretty nice.. ;p
Overall this anime was great.. Enjoyed it much.. ;P Actually one of those times when memes are actually from enjoyable anime.. It's not like this that often, to be honest.. But this time it is.. ;p
Who knows, if Maika will actually go to study to the other country soon, leaving cafe, company, Dino.. Well, who knows..
Apr 1, 2020 3:01 PM

Aug 2018
I wish they confessed to each other with proper way.
Apr 21, 2020 2:51 AM

Jun 2009
Ngl I enjoyed it more than I expected. The characters dynamics were fun and even though I know the romance wasn't going anywhere I still rooted for the two pairings, especially Kaho and Akizuki! (they're really the gem of this show).

If A-1 makes a season two I'll definitely watch it. 8/10.

Apr 25, 2020 5:47 PM
Oct 2016
This was such an enjoyable and awesome anime. Love how awkward the manager was, every character was so interesting except the red haired girl. Need s2!!
May 9, 2020 6:13 AM

Jul 2014
Fuck this trope of "character confesses but other character doesn't/is unable to hear it to avoid progression". It's such an annoying cop out, and then to have Dino be like "it's not time to confess yet" just adds insult to injury.

As an okayish but utterly forgettable (OP aside) slice-of-life show, I was going to give it a 6, but this ending is insulting enough to drop that to a 5.

Also, Hideri offered absolutely NOTHING to the show. Take him out of the picture and absolutely nothing would change, so why was he added besides as fetish bait?
AtavisticMay 9, 2020 6:21 AM
May 29, 2020 12:29 PM

Feb 2016
It was great up to episode 8.
Hideri and the dog added nothing. In fact they both felt out of place somehow.

Also wtf was the last part after credit all about ? I don't get. Were they in the airport? That part felt out of place.
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 8, 2020 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
didnt know that kaho x akizuki already sailed since beginning huehue
Jul 22, 2020 12:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, thats it. A nice conclusion to ended this show by taking Maika to loved everyone. A fair play to concluded there, i liked that decision. With all of that finally distributed well, i guessed its time to good bye for this hilarious show. Its sad, the end kinda felt bland with that attempt. However, its still in the nice direction ever as a SoL type of show.

9/10 for this beautiful 1 cour CGDCT SoL stand-alone show. The comedy parts were great. The art and animation were indeed stunning. The soundtrack was sweet af. The characterization was funny at every side. The storylines were okay at nice end. Yeah, no other explanations. Just my personal judgement of satisfaction was well enough to conclude the overall scores. A usual great lines to dug every aspect i loved. Thats it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 29, 2020 5:38 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good ending, of course as far as I know season 2 isn't coming, so yeah this is all folks. Loved how they decided to show how other people became members of Stile before the show ended. This show has been enjoyable and helped me to recover from pain I had after I finished previous anime show.

So yeah, thanks A-1 Studio for this entertaining show
Oct 2, 2020 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
Had a lot of fun with this show, every episode actually made me laugh out loud.
Jan 2, 2021 12:47 PM
Aug 2020
This was probably the most "whatever" Anime I have seen yet. Was this a big show when it aired?
Jan 24, 2021 2:24 AM

Jul 2019
And that's Blend S for you.

Pretty good anime, I would say. Loved the otaku culture here and how it is used for comedic purposes. Dino getting in trouble with the police was always quite funny too.

Maika loves all as well :)

6/10
Feb 1, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2020
Well, it was an okay ending.

This whole Dino x Maika partially ruined the show. This could have been much better without that crap. It felt so awkward, but fortunately Maika doesn't like Dino in "that" way.

7.5/10
SerafosMar 15, 2022 2:24 PM
Feb 26, 2021 10:13 AM

Aug 2020
It was a fun experience. The conclusion was sweet, and the characters have this chemistry together, even though they're so different. The soundtrack is very good, no wonder it has so many views on youtube. Moe is one of my favourite anime themes now.

p.s.: Hinata is so cute >.<

Mar 13, 2021 3:32 PM
Mar 2021
It was really cute so I liked it.....BUT WHY'D IT HAVE TO LEAVE OFF ON A CLIFF HANGER (┬┬﹏┬┬)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blend S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

189 by kermitpoke »»
Dec 19, 2023 11:34 AM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

70 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 6:46 PM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

103 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Blend S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

79 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Blend S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

158 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.