Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 16, 2017 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
The show finally over.. well the last episode was also okay. 7.5/10 from me (might be 7 because low rewatchability). The show definitely was amazing on first 18 episodes imo because the show solely focused on Tatara's development in so intense but I feel like they stretch the last six episode with too much flashbacks and unneccessary side characters development. EP20 half time devoted to Aki's past while EP22 to other guy.. and they were again repeated twice later also.. and other opponents again get flashback.. and not to mention Tatara character development rate gotten fast and was never like before..
Speaking about dancing sequence, I honestly thought that was properly done and soundtrack was phenomenal! One of the best original soundtrack from any 2017 show (that makes so different than other sports anime).

Anyway I hope author's health gets better! The storyline has so much to offer!
Dec 16, 2017 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
The most important thing for me in any anime is that you have to have characters that I like and I just had no interest in any of the cast for this show. There was also barely any actual dancing. Most of it was either still frames or being inside the characters head. At least the soundtrack for this final episode was good. This show was a really big let down. I had probably too much hype just because it was coming from the studio that made Haikyuu!! Oh well I guess. RIP

5/10
Dec 16, 2017 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
*sniffles* I'm so glad they one. *cue waterfall tears* I'M SO PROUD OF THEM T-T

and aww the end credits showed Kugamiya's cousins after all!

At the end of the manga, I want a time skip with them as a married couple. Still bickering away, still dancing, and still friends with the entire cast. I could totally see them married. Chinatsu being bossy and yelling because Tatara was indecisive about something xD I love those two.
Dec 16, 2017 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
9/10, did a great job in all aspects, couldn't be more satisfied, now is time to listen some Yuki Hayashi soundtracks from this anime (specially Hyoudou Tango).
Dec 16, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
This really was a great series. I particularly liked how they took the time to note that rating dance isn't just on technical skill but on the entertainment the couple provides to spectators. I really found the to be interesting.

Sad that it is over. I really hope we get a continuation in the future. It'll obviously be a while. Appreciate the author working closely on these final episodes to make sure they would indeed be canon. Gives hope for a future adaptation.

A great show. I will say that the dancing became a little static/recycled from an animation perspective as the show went on but only real gripe.
Dec 16, 2017 6:37 PM

Mar 2016
I love this episode and a fantastic ending to top it off. What did Sengoku promised Tatara again? I wish there to be a second season announced soon. Does anyone know where the manga is at right now?
Dec 16, 2017 6:38 PM

Apr 2017
Great finale! I was impressed and captivated by their performances! Chinatsu and Fujita became champion at last! I did not regret watching it from the first until to its finale. Nice adaptation, the animation for the last episode was top-notch! The ballroom goes on!
Dec 16, 2017 6:42 PM

Dec 2009
A fantastic series from beginning to end. I was so mezmorized by the performances throughout this show. Ballroom dancing has gained my Respect.

I hope we get to see a sequel one day.

9/10

Takishima_Eli said:
I love this episode and a fantastic ending to top it off. What did Sengoku promised Tatara again? I wish there to be a second season announced soon. Does anyone know where the manga is at right now?

Last I recall on an Article on ANN, the anime passed the Manga. The manga has not concluded the match which finished in the Anime.

The author is on a two month break due to Author's Health.

Read more here, https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-07/welcome-to-the-ballroom-anime-to-pass-manga-story/.123729
Dec 16, 2017 7:06 PM
Aug 2016
from same studio who draw for haikyuu thats really a plus that take me to watch this anime at first. love this anime so much, not a single episode was boring.
Dec 16, 2017 7:06 PM

Mar 2014
Takishima_Eli said:

Manga has only covered the first dance (waltz) from the finals. The latest chapter ended with chinatsu blooming out of tatara's chest.

Now, I'm excited to see the manga version! Even though the result has been spoiled, the process will be different. The development between tatara and chinatsu during their dance in this episode actually happened during their waltz in the manga. So, we will get to see something new from tatara and chinatsu during their other four dances. I just hope the author recovers soon and comes back stronger after the two month hiatus!
Dec 16, 2017 7:11 PM

Jan 2015
Man this episode couldnot have been any better for a finale, just tell me one thing that this episode left out? what you expected to see? They even showed Mako character development, bickering with her brother, and every couple practice and even Sengoku showed up to see Tatara which is really sweet honestly. We even got to see what would happen later, everyone on the big ballroom, so they ARE gonna compete against each other (that's 3 nice) And we even saw Akira crying as she realizes she lost Chinatsu to Tatara. And even Kugumiya development, that he realizes the reason for why he is dancinng and he finally fucknig smiled.

That's it episode perfect, tell me that its not.
Dec 16, 2017 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
I'm not a fan of dancing. The only reason I watched this was because the first 3 episodes aired on twitch. The "NECCC" comments were hilarious.

I wasn't expecting it entice me as much as it did.
Dec 16, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2016
season 2 pliz.

I watched the show kinda late (after they release 8 or 9 eps) and boi, that was the best decision ever. I'm glad I discovered this show!
Dec 16, 2017 9:17 PM

Jan 2014
The kiss completely caught me off guard. Chinatsu made this show waaay better despite her bad personality at times, tbh. The first half of this show was so bland. But damn, I really ship them.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 16, 2017 9:36 PM

Jan 2017
This was such a wonderful way to end the series and overall the anime was very enjoyable. 8/10
Dec 16, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2017
So how many volumes of manga did the 24 episodes cover?
Dec 16, 2017 10:42 PM

May 2015
Here it is. All of the budget to animate the final episode. Really fun watch, with a few bumps here and there. I kind of wished that we had more animated full-length dances instead of a whole bunch of still frames. Also, the series kind of began to get pretty stale when Sengoku was taken out of the picture. I kind of wish that he was actually there to scream the loudest when Tatara and Chinatsu won lol.

Fun series. Season 2 probably in 2022 if the Mangaka is healthy...

Best part of this episode:
Dec 16, 2017 10:52 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was very fulfilling. The artwork was amazing as expected and there was enough dancing to satisfy me. I don't mind the cliffhanger (easier to deal with than stopping multiple episodes in the middle of a dance).
Dec 16, 2017 11:13 PM
Dec 2008
The anime skipped a lot of small but important details, i recommend reading the manga from the start.
Dec 17, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't think they would win, but it's for the best.
Dec 17, 2017 3:08 AM

Sep 2016
gnodab said:
The anime skipped a lot of small but important details, i recommend reading the manga from the start.

Definitely agree!

Still a breathtaking finale with an amazing performance by Tatara and Chinatsu.

Also we got to see Kugimiya's cousins animated! I thought they'd just ignore them.

"Even if your soul disappears, your wishes and curses remain in this world."
Dec 17, 2017 3:14 AM

Jan 2011
Will really miss this anime
Dec 17, 2017 3:49 AM

Dec 2015
10/10 10/10 10/10!!!!!

Teared up twice during this episode, once when Tatara envisioned everyone when deciding why he chose dance and later when they won :')

I was so surprised when they set the Viennese waltz in the Schönbrunn palace. That scene was almost as beautiful as the real thing, they did such an amazing job with the discrete depiction of the ceiling. I'm soo happy they added that detail, brings back such fond memories.

Such a perfect way to end the series, they really took things to another level with this episode. Season 2 when?????
~
Dec 17, 2017 4:00 AM

Dec 2014
well that was a good finale I suppose...hmm not much dance battle though
Dec 17, 2017 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
I couldn't be more happier for Tatara and Chinatsu after they won the competition. I almost jumped out of my chair screaming "Yes!" at the top of my voice. ^_^

In the heat of the moment, Chinatsu landed a really sweet kiss on Tatara, who blushed like a tomato in response! XD

Heck, the whole episode itself was fantastic. Epic soundtrack, tons of slick dancing animation and, of course, Tatara and Chinatsu winning the competition, made the episode really exciting and memorable.

Overall, the whole show has been a wonderful journey. Despite the lack of dancing animations in the earlier episodes, Production I.G still did a great job on the art and animation. Same goes for the voice actors as well. Most of them, Including the likes of Tatara, Sengoku, Hyodo, Shizuku, Mako and others, did a stellar job with their characters voices and emotions.

For now, I'll rate the show a 9/10. =)
Dec 17, 2017 4:34 AM
Dec 2017
Why good things end that first!!!!! :( :( :(
Will there be any episode of Ballroom e Youkoso after episode 24 anime?
I don't have any option of the manga.
Dec 17, 2017 4:37 AM

Dec 2016
Good final , their last honor dance was quickstep right?
9/10 , i thought the end would be like Yuri on ice (go see the anime if you want to understand)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 17, 2017 5:32 AM

Jun 2016
I was really rooting for Kugimiya and Idogawa. I should have known that Tatara/Chinatsu would win, but I feel like they don't deserve it. The anime made it seem like they couldn't dance properly at first and I was confused as to why they kept advancing. They did connect, but I still thought the Kugimiya/Idogawa pair out shined them.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Overall, this was a fun series. I did enjoy the first half a lot more than the second, but I understand that the anime slowed down since the manga isn't finished and they had to come up with an ending. I do wish we saw more dancing and footwork, but the general feel was lovely to watch.

8/10
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 17, 2017 6:03 AM

Aug 2015
Great ending, that kiss was so sweet.
Dec 17, 2017 6:26 AM
Apr 2017
This ending was so intense, and the suspense between the two couples was really high. I was seriously unsure who would win at that point it was so close.

I really hope a second season will happen, but since the author is taking a major break, a second season will happen maybe in ten years time.

And that kiss at the win was cute.
Dec 17, 2017 6:41 AM

Dec 2016
Great ending! Although to me, both Kugimiya and Tatara pair are already winners. And that kiss was very adorable X3 Oh my, Akira is crying like she lost Chinatsu for good o.o"
Wow! Mako is finaly showing Gaju who's boss XD that was a nice change ^^

I'm gonna miss this show :( It was amazing in so many ways. I need second season >_>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 17, 2017 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
I'm slightly happy this is over now. The first half of it I got really into, was intrigued by the dances and seeing Tatara grow and improve. But the second half...more so the final 5-10 episodes, the pacing really slowed down, the numerous flashbacks, and then the heavy focus on one issue with the paring that for me got lost in the grand scheme of things. And the ending was quite predictable.

A nice anime but could have been much better. I would not complain if there wasn't a season 2.
Dec 17, 2017 7:39 AM

Apr 2010
smoledman said:
So how many volumes of manga did the 24 episodes cover?

All of it while skipping a bunch of small scenes with a potential different ending, because the manga is consistently delayed since the author is dying a slow death.
Dec 17, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
The show is no way near perfect. It struggles with direction, often made me confused with what it's trying to tell. But I have to commend the show for trying to make the character more complex and sometimes tackle things and ideas that other shows in general is afraid of. Gonna miss the show a bit. Although a bit unlikely, would watch the second season
7.5/10.
Dec 17, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2017
Boy I really enjoyed this anime! I am sad that it's over and really hope they will make a second season someday. I couldn't have asked for a better last episode.
My favorite supporting characters are Sengoku and Hyoudou. seeing their ongoing efforts reach the goal that they were hoping for Tatara to achieve really made my day!
Dec 17, 2017 8:19 AM

Nov 2013
despite the show being a bit of a disappointment overall, i think it couldn't have finished stronger. good finale. hope the creator gets better soon
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 17, 2017 9:06 AM
Jul 2016
10/10 for me, I really love it how the ending was. Now I'm gonna read the manga, even if the anime has a different view point. The soundtrack was so damn beautiful, this anime and Made in Abyss are the best of this year. Really hope more masterpiece like this, for the rest of the anime season.
Dec 17, 2017 11:04 AM
Jun 2013
Really solid show. Enjoyable characters, their designs especially, and pumping levels of excitement! Also very appreciative to see some themes the regular shounen shows will shy away from.

That was like five-six years worth of the manga. It's kind of hard to imagine this getting a S2 unfortunately.

9/10
Dec 17, 2017 11:46 AM
May 2016
damn great finale..!!! overjoyed..
Dec 17, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2017
Amazing story, lovely characters, impressive character development and incredible finale BUT bad animation and musicalization, specially on a bit more than the first half.

Anyways, love the story and the manga is always there for the ones that can't get enough.

Manga 8/10

Anime 6/10.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 17, 2017 1:22 PM

Sep 2008
One of best series from 2017, 9/10.
Dec 17, 2017 1:29 PM

May 2017
antonn said:
All of it while skipping a bunch of small scenes with a potential different ending, because the manga is consistently delayed since the author is dying a slow death.

All the news stories said is the mangaka is taking time off for health issues, nothing about dying.
Dec 17, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 2012
Minus the soundtrack I honestly can't find a single reason to praise this anime. easy 6/10.
Dec 17, 2017 2:35 PM

Apr 2014
Well I must say, that I started to watch this series out of curiosity, and didn't know for sure what expected from that, but it wasn't bad and I really enjoy this anime - from artstyle to characters. And Marisa is the best MILF of this year ;D.
8/10
Dec 17, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2015
How that episode started got me<3 .so sad to be the last.. I miss them from now :'(
Saraba ore no tatara+chinatsu
Dec 17, 2017 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
ending episode was definitely good. just makes you feel all warm and fluffy

this anime had its ups and downs but there were more ups for sure. i enjoyed it for the most part but sometimes i found it hard to get through some episodes

overall, 7/10

i can see a second season incoming, but i don't think it's necessary
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2017 7:33 PM
Dec 2013
LOVE this anime, especially the last season... IT TRULY END IT WITH A BANG! ---
that sudden attack kiss on tatara from Chinatsu
SAW that saltiness and jealousy from Mako-chan.
A new feeling, especially dancing anime. Good Art. Great character. Great music
I hope there is a second season.
Dec 17, 2017 9:03 PM

Oct 2015
i'll really miss this show. :c
Looking forward to a season 2 though. No matter how long it might take, i'll be waiting.
Please give us a SEASON 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2017 9:59 PM

Jun 2015

And so ends one of my favourite shows of the year. The pacing in the second half of the show had me worried, and episode 23 felt like the budget was finally giving out, but they pulled it all together for the finale and gave us a hell of a beautiful (and cute, dat kiss, squeee!) ending. Loved it. I totally expected Tatara and Chinatsu to get 2nd even, glad to see they made it all the way :)

That moment when the Viennesse Waltz B landed was glorious as well, solid soundtrack.

It's a weird thing this one, I don't really watch sports anime, but a friend convinced me to give this show a shot. At first I wasn't sure what to think.... but now I actually took up Ballroom dancing myself because of this show, and for the few months I've been doing it, I've been having a blast. It was also really fun to notice all the detail in the show that lined up with what I was learning. The author must have been a dancer herself or really done her research!

I think if they touch up some of the weaker animated moments of the show in the BluRay discs, it's a worthy buy for me, if only for something I can pop on when people ask me why I watch anime which is totally just "hentai cartoons for kids". Shows like Welcome to the Ballroom are why I watch anime :)
RealityRushDec 17, 2017 10:03 PM
Dec 17, 2017 10:00 PM

Jan 2011
gonna miss this show and these characters had a enjoyable time watching this.

only thing i'll say is i wish the focus of animation was done better with the dancing it was mostly done by using stills and visually nice looking scenes to make up for the lack of animation at parts ,but they still managed to make them entertaining.

ballroom gets 8 long necks /10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.