Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 14, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite a melancholic episode as I would expect. Ena also gives Eita a piece of chocolate like a return gift.

As for Haruto, at least he got an answer from Morikawa this time.
I kinda like how this epsiode amplified the romance theme of the show with the chocolates.
Stark700Dec 14, 2017 6:19 AM
Dec 14, 2017 5:15 AM

Apr 2010
If Natsume remains as passive as she has been till now she will lose her love interest.
Tho it seems Kamiya's picture did enough to scare her of and everything seems to be going in Kamiya's favour.
The question is will Natsume make a comeback or not.

And Morikawa finally rejected Souma.
Which really was about time, she really was keeping him on a leash. by not answering.
Dec 14, 2017 6:18 AM
Aug 2010
Aversa said:
If Natsume remains as passive as she has been till now she will lose her love interest.
Tho it seems Kamiya's picture did enough to scare her of and everything seems to be going in Kamiya's favour.
The question is will Natsume make a comeback or not.

And Morikawa finally rejected Souma.
Which really was about time, she really was keeping him on a leash. by not answering.

But she really didn't reject him, in fact, is keeping him on a leash for who knows how many months or years.

Now, regarding the episode, it was really interesting how the 2 main girls interact with Eita, I really don't know who will win at the end, but I'm hoping Natsume will win, althought Komiya is going strong with the romance. Finally, I don't know what to feel about Natsume thinking about confesing if she passes the exams to her new university choice, the drama is imminent.
Dec 14, 2017 9:49 AM
Mar 2015
Kiomiya is still thinking of Natsume and Izumi. She saw Natsume run off when she saw Komiya's picture. Komiya decided to give her fancy box of chocolates to the boys in the club and only gave Izumi obligation chocolate. She really gave him a lot of charms Hopefully they will do some good. He gave one back to her and wished her good luck in her contest

I am glad that Morkawa and Haruto were able to say goodbye in a good way. Even though she said no she asked him to wait for her

Natsume despite crying over Izumi still treasures his good luck charm as she prepares for Joei and realizes she loves Izumi a lot
landofthekwtDec 14, 2017 2:29 PM
Dec 14, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
Well the whole thing with Natsume seeing Eitas wallpaper pissed me off. How do you tell me someone doesn't know how to change their wallpaper ffs. I know there may be someone who seriously doesn't know, but using this as a trigger for drama was lame. In the other hand I really like what Haruto and Morikawa have going on. If he isn't dating anyone by the time her stuff settles they'll date. Let's hope Haruto can wait for her!
Dec 14, 2017 11:42 AM

Nov 2013
My thoughts the entire episode: Eita get your self together! Just don't be a p***y and go set things straight with Mio.
I do feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for Komiya but well... She knew he was in love with her form the start.
Finally Haruto can chill a bit (not very sure what he's gonna do form now though).
Just hope they don't go the you don't get anyone route.
SeiignDec 14, 2017 11:49 AM
Dec 14, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
Seiign said:
My thoughts the entire episode: Eita get your self together! Just don't be a p***y and go set things straight with Mio.
I do feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for Komiya but well... She knew he was in love with her form the start.
Finally Haruto can chill a bit (not very sure what he's gonna do form now though).

Eita shouldn’t be doing anything. As far as he knows Mio still has a crush on Haruto and nothing he has seen has changed that view. In fact events early on confirmed to him that Mio still had a thing for him. Haruto’s crush is going nowhere so hes still in the picture as far as Eita is concerned. Its all up to Mio to change the story. She’s the one dithering and doing nothing.
scruffykiwiDec 14, 2017 12:21 PM
Dec 14, 2017 12:44 PM

May 2010
Eita shouldn’t be doing anything. As far as he knows Mio still has a crush on Haruto and nothing he has seen has changed that view. In fact events early on confirmed to him that Mio still had a thing for him. Haruto’s crush is going nowhere so hes still in the picture as far as Eita is concerned. Its all up to Mio to change the story. She’s the one dithering and doing nothing.

No Mio no longer likes Haruto said in episode 09

Dec 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
mangakam said:

No Mio no longer likes Haruto said in episode 09

And Eita was where in that conversation? As far as Eita is concerned Mio like Haruto. It’s up to Mio to let Eita know her feelings have changed because SHE knows that Eita was aware of her crush.
Dec 14, 2017 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
For the whole season Haruto x Morikawa seemed like side-pair stuff, but well want to say this episode they looked really cute together and it was a nice conclusion for their situation.
That was a straight reaction from Natsume, i wonder what Eita's thoughts were about it. If both of them pass and Komiya will win the contest i hope she'll try to confess even if she knows that she obv will be rejected.
Dec 14, 2017 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
I just can't take this show seriously anymore.

Not after the spoilers i've read.
Dec 14, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Things got awkward when Natsume saw Ena's picture as Izumi's wallpaper. Ena felt bad about it. Souma finally got an answer from Morikawa, but it's one he wasn't expecting. She'll go out with him if he can wait. Hopefully he can wait for her.
Dec 14, 2017 1:39 PM
Mar 2017
Swagernator said:
I just can't take this show seriously anymore.

Not after the spoilers i've read.

Can you share via spoiler tag?
Dec 14, 2017 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
Finally Here
Miss Understanding Drama
just why most Romance Anime has this Sh*t
AND NO BODY CONFIRM WHAT THEY THINK
Dec 14, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
Poor haruto, morikawa going to college for years and then will date him if he's interested in used goods :'(
Komiya's phone pic causing problem but natsume finally admitting she like eita, nice from komiya to go to the trouble of the charms.
The big guy with glasses got a girl.
Dec 14, 2017 2:09 PM

Mar 2017
Where did you guys watch the episode?
Can’t find it :(
「なぜ私は死を恐れなければならないのでしょうか?私がいれば、死はないのです。死があれば、私はそうではありません。

2007年以降の視聴
執着した
私は死を恐れない。

物事は死ぬか、または破損したままです
しかしリターン:
頭部は首に再接続し、
全体の死体が白っぽくなり、新しく伸びる。

時々、私は同じアニメやマンガを忘れて、同じレベルの興奮でもう一度やり直すことを願っています。

私は選ぶことが多すぎるので、お気に入りを選ぶことはできません
2017年11月1日以降

このように何日が過ぎましたか?
この街は群衆が衰退しつつあり、動いています...
私はたまにあなたがどこに行ったのか疑問に思いました
ストーリーは、孤独、失われた内に続きます...
2017年11月29日の午後11時58分

マークスマンになるためのトレーニング
2018年1月3日3:50 pm

私の孤独で幸せ
2018年3月13日午後5時12分
Dec 14, 2017 2:29 PM
Sep 2017
Ayato-Hiragi said:
Where did you guys watch the episode?
Can’t find it :(
Go to Otakustream.tv
Dec 14, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2015
Ok Morikawa and Soma moment wasn’t that bad. She was being considerate of the both of them but it definitely might happen in the future. KomiyaXIzumi not gonna happen ;-; judging by her degrade on the chocolate to Izumi and instead giving him charms for luck in the entrance test where he will be will with Natsume. Not sure about the JAp college system but can he like take back the inv to the university and go back to his recommendation Joei or whatever.
Dec 14, 2017 2:51 PM
Jul 2017
I bloody knew it! I even called it a couple of weeks ago that Morikawa would reject Soma and break our hearts because she is too god damned resbonsible! Going to college and watching over her brothers are all valid reasons to avoid relationships, but still man, come on! Dont reject him then have his hopes up, then reject him, more definite this time but still with having his hopes up a little! Feel so bad for Soma.
Dec 14, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2017
I actually Kinda liked Komiya in this episode, she came out sweet. Although I usually don't like her; she was just too kind this time around. I knew the phone wallpaper would cause some kind of mishap. Either way, I still ship Natsume. Just because ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2017 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
Man Soma has his downs but Morikawa gave him hope still which is a good thing. Morikawa is so responsible, but sometimes complicated. Mio on the other hand. My dear lord. It is okay to feel angry or jealous. But at least hear that ignorant fool first. Please? Damn. Izumi, come on man. How freaking ignorant do you have to be huh about a lot of things huh? Sheesh. On my own eyes and perspective both are stupid. Komiya being all out that is for sure. But I want to know really exactly. What is it that she likes about Izumi? May not been confirmed for me. Or was it shown in a certain way that it was suppose to be obvious? XD anyways episode got my emotions rolling like crazy diamonds. XD
Dec 14, 2017 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
worst - timing - ever ... to get a message.

To sum it up :
Eita doesn't do anything because he thinks he has no chance with Mio and now Mio doesn't do anything either because ... she thinks she has no chance with Eita ... and both think they'll get better chances to tell their feelings later when they'll be at the "same" college ... both trying to go to the other's first choice ... both not knowing that the other's first choice changed for their own first choice.

Somehow they are both exactly feeling the same way, doing exactly the same things and going in perfectly OPPOSITE directions.

Mio is cute but Komiya is still best girl just for being so straightforward and supportive despite everything.

About the second pairing : the "wait for me after my X years of college" doesn't sound that realistic to me, but when you're young, you don't know yet how life goes, that's youth for you, isn't it ? :)

Really curious about what's coming next.
Dec 14, 2017 3:57 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is for sure the standout episode of this show.

Superbly well written in my eyes, that whole Morikawa/Haruto scene on the baseball pitch was fantastic, their conversation was amazing and Morikawa wants to wait for Haruto, that is true love there.

You'll be left in the dark though (for sure) if they will have the strength to do this, long distance relationship just don't work out most of the time (i've had my experience with it), that's why this scene hit me hard.

The Eita/Komiya scene was also really good.
Dec 14, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2013
Morikawa's crushing of Haruto's hopes and then restoring it struck me as a bit sadistic. She should have just stuck with the rejection. She'll find someone at college and he'll find someone else around town. Now all he will do is pine for her while she's away for the first year or so.

Komiya is a good egg. She guessed right away that her photo on Eita's phone would upset Mio. She didn't have to visit so many shrines for those amulets, but it was a cool thing to do.

Komiya still best girl. I suppose Mio is second best, but will end with Eita. Morikawa is cruel, but perhaps unintentionally so.
Dec 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2016
I really like this anime , all the sweetness and stuff just makes me wanna cuddle ...
Dec 14, 2017 4:53 PM

Sep 2017
Welp, Eita is pretty dense not realizing that Mio likes him seeing her cry over seeing that Ena is his phone background. It's pretty silly how they both like each other, but think the other likes someone else. And then there's the university mix up that still hasn't been resolved. These misunderstandings will probably be resolved in the last 2 episodes.

For a moment it seems as tho the Ena ship has sank for good, but we get a slight resurgence with that scene at the end. Remaining hopeful and foolish.
Dec 14, 2017 5:00 PM

Jan 2015
those cliffhangers are not good for my heart >_< the episode i was waiting for the week and ah i guess im gonna have to wait for one more week. This is the only anime im looking forward to this season btw. Cant wait to see the resolve. Pls anime gods >>> Komiya Komiya
Dec 14, 2017 5:26 PM

Jan 2011
i seriously doubt our girl is gonna win but i just can't not see them going with the classic main first interest winning

Mio isn't all that bad but Komiya is too good~
Dec 14, 2017 5:33 PM
Aug 2016
I realised that everything had been decided from the moment I "analysed" the opening theme mv.

but who knows? well, I'm kinda believing that thought of mine tho, but I'm still rooting for Natsume even though if in the end she won't win this romance "game". Best of luck for her!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2017 6:08 PM
Jul 2009
scruffykiwi said:
Seiign said:

This is bullshit. Eita isn't stupid. He should have realized Mio's feelings at this point. She's not even subtle about it. The reason he doesn't do anything is that he's coward. This is nothing new. He has always known he doesn't have the balls to confess. That's why he admires Ena, who has the courage to openly pursue a guy she knows likes someone else.

Mio already did a lot. She moved on from Haruto and stopped trying to follow on her sister's footsteps. Now the ball is in Eita's court, specially after his fuckup with the wallpaper.
Dec 14, 2017 6:09 PM
Mar 2016
komiya is gonna lose anyway in the end if you know the LIght Novel of this series and the ending is not a satisfied ending anyway
Dec 14, 2017 7:08 PM

Jan 2017
the pain from misunderstanding, moreover dragging to their uni choice T.T
Dec 14, 2017 7:11 PM
Oct 2016
Eita and Natsume are applying to the same University?

If I understood well:
She's applying for that one he got a recomendation.
And He's applying for that one it was her first choice.

I guess, if both get accepted, they will gonna to diferent colleges.

"A typical misunderstand".
Dec 14, 2017 8:22 PM
Apr 2016
Knowing that this was made by the author of sakurasou, everyone probably fail at the end
Dec 14, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
oh my god my soul was crushed with Haruto's...i've been there...but hey at least there's hope for the guy in maybe four years (minimum)

it sucks Komiya is gonna get nothing (other than her club bein intact i guess) by the end since she's the most likable, to me at least. at least she's being considerate of Mio and Izumi..and was nice of her to give her chocolates that was meant for him to her club buddies.

Mio getting caught in what she thinks is an unintentional early bird gets the worm situation...at least she havent given up i guess

now then i hope Mio's pigtailed friend dont fuck everything up since they've been teasing
Dec 14, 2017 8:50 PM
Apr 2017
That is the worst situation for Natsume X Izumi... But luckily it seems Natsume haven't give up yet near the ending there. I would always ship them.
But Komiya is also the best girl in this show...
I just hope Izumi can make a clean cut so she would not be hurt too much

P.S. I like the shadow where Haruto was riding his bike
Dec 14, 2017 9:56 PM

Dec 2015
TEAM KOMIYAAAAAAAAAAA

Dec 14, 2017 10:09 PM

Mar 2015
The real winner of valentine episode

sutradereDec 14, 2017 10:16 PM
not changing this signature until I want to do that
Dec 14, 2017 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Eita and Komiya have such great chemistry!

But sadly she will lose =\
Dec 14, 2017 10:24 PM

Jul 2014
This is too painful, Komiya is best girl but I like Natsume too...and it's obvious that Natsume is going to win but Komiya is too good to lose. :'(

...Eita, WTF, you really don't know how to change your wallpaper? really?!

Dec 14, 2017 10:42 PM

May 2015
We're all going to get cucked in the end, aren't we?
Dec 14, 2017 11:56 PM

Nov 2017
In spite of everything, still rooting for Ena
Dec 15, 2017 12:13 AM

Jun 2016
Oh shit! We're going full steam ahead. Entrance Exams! Photo Contest! Love and Rejection! We saw one story end, who will be the next to fall? Tune in next time for a new Dragon Ball~~~~Just Because

But for real, Morikawa is getting over by keeping Souma on a long leash. He was there before with a "chance" which a lot knew she was going to reject him anyway right? But those four years in college can change everything. He may still like her but she could go off and get a boyfriend... so that whole "sweet" ending tasted more bitter to me. Though I still love Morikawa. Band girls have my heart, I can't help it.
Now onto the fun little triangle we have going on in the main story. Tension builds, which I love. Misunderstandings, which is cool. Valentines Day, which can go die in a fire... fuck that damn couple's holiday shit. But the whole emphasize the romance thing with chocolate was cool. Everyone seems to be putting it aside for all of the results to come out though which pains me a bit. Natsume doing Natsume things, running away again after she took the leap to step out of her sister's shadow. At least she knows what she wants do now instead of playing the whole "I'm confused," game in her mind. Komiya evening the field back after Natsume sees the picture on Eita's phone was a sweet gesture. She shows she truly cares about Eita's feelings and even gives him a butt load of good luck charms. But the biggest part to me, EITA TRIED TO CATCH NATSUME AS SHE WAS TRYING TO RUN AWAY! Show her Eita, show her your feelings. You may not know hers but now she knows yours. Get your head out your ass though dog... she cried... obvious sign she's hurt... stop reading exam guides and read people once in a while. It would've been better if Natsume gave Eita the chocolates, but it was still a cool episode. hopefully we get the results next episode and they do a small afterword like Tari Tari in the last one.
Dec 15, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like the whole, wait a few years while I settled into college, and then maybe we can start going out. No good.
Dec 15, 2017 1:54 AM

Feb 2010
KOMIYAA UGHHHHH MY HEART IT HURTTTSS SO MUCHH. I CANNOT STAND UNREQUITED LOVEEE. T____T

It's so painful man. I mean technically everyone in this serious (well, mostly everyone) felt this...they fall in love "just because" and when they come into terms with a love that is not reciprocated they hide these feelings and keep watching and quietly supporting the person they love from the sideline. Sometimes without being rejected, and perhaps even being rejected they come into terms and accept their fate. Many people were too scared to even convey these feelings in fear of how relationships can be broken, so they show that love through actions. Yet, through it all, the danger is secretly hoping that the situation will work out in their favor. It's that hope that disillusions and clouds the heart and mind.

I think that's just such a beautiful demonstration of love, one where you place someone's happiness over your own happiness. So in moments where Izumi worked so hard to get into the same college as Natsume, when Komiya stops at a spot she knows Izumi will run past to give him a drink. Even just accepting that someone else will make the person you love happiest. That's selfless love and it honestly hurts my heart to watch because Komiya definitely deserves happiness. It hurts so much that her heart will be torn into shreds, yet she has already accepted this and it is obvious int his episode.

Pretty sure the OP ALWAYS spoils the ending, and if not the promotion pictures...everything basically tells us what's going to happen and I don't know if I'm fully prepared for that ending. We already see Komiya working so hard to support Izumi on the side and the whole phone thing made her realize what she was doing...honestly she lived in her own fantasy of love and she probably realized the reality of the situation--both Izumi and Natsume love one another. And I don't think she will interfere any more.

EarlCielDec 15, 2017 1:59 AM
Dec 15, 2017 1:56 AM

Jul 2014
And now the show is going to rely on a series of forced misunderstandings (it was predictable as hell that Komiya would see Eita and Natsume together on Valentine's Day, and even more predictable that Natsume would see Komiya as his phone's wallpaper (that was obvious from the moment it happened, and it' a frankly idiotic and lazy way to create drama) to drive the plot in these final few episodes, or so it seems? Fantastic. Especially when it continues to be almost entirely obvious who will win.

Outside of the main triangle, the Morikawa and Soma stuff annoyed me as well, as it's just completely unfair and unreasonable to keep him on a leash like that: people change in four years, and there's no reason to assume that either Soma or Morikawa won't have moved on in that time, especially as they won't be seeing each other as often as at school.

So that's one couple that hasn't really ended well, so now it's just a matter of time until the other one goes the same way.
Dec 15, 2017 4:05 AM

Dec 2014
ok that was a good episode...some feelings came across...two episodes to go
Dec 15, 2017 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
Glad Morikawa finally replied to Soma. Understandably she can't be with him with the costs and distance of their relationship, but they couldn't maintain a long distance relationship with LINE and a periodical meet up? It seemed she might've liked him given she would go out with him after college.

I liked Komiya a lot this episode. Natsume though has accepted her feelings for Izumi at the end there, I can't see this ending well for Komiya at all.
Dec 15, 2017 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
Komiya is too good for this atrocious series.
Dec 15, 2017 5:12 AM

Nov 2016
A romance without misunderstandings ?

Hell,no.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by OtsuksRiinko29 »»
Apr 3, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

134 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.