Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ena is really adorable, I love her in this show :D

First half felt kinda boring for this episode though imo. There's also no doubt that Mio has a lot on her mind ever since the conversation she had with Ena. Speaking of Mio, she and Eita had some awkward moments. I personally still like Eita/Ena more compared to the Eita/Mio pairing.

Episode didn't feel much like a date, oh well.
Nov 30, 2017 5:18 AM

Apr 2010
Komiya went on the attack just like she promised last week and without Natsume's approval tho that was somewhat expected.
The question is what will Izumi do.
Personally i am rooting for Komiya and judging the behaviour of the girls i think Komiya is more likely to succeed when it comes to seducing him since Natsume isn't on the attack at all.
Natsume seems to take her relationship with Izumo for granted a but.

Morikawa at the end looked nice tho i think she needs to come out a bit more like that.
She is way too modest.
Nov 30, 2017 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
Leave it to the cat to arrange dates.

Ena is much better on so many ways, she is even proactive and went to the attack regardless of Mio asking her not to. Just step aside poster girl, glaring at her on the train ain't going to make you score points with the viewers.
Eita taking pictures of Ena is a good start, but a weak one. That was an ok "date" though.

Those parting words are going to backfire so much.
Nov 30, 2017 7:07 AM
Jul 2015
We get to see the close friendship between Eita and Haruto in the bus.

I hope the best for them and really want to see them both getting their own respective girls, Natsume and Morikawa, by the end of this show.

As for Komiya....... I dunno, since there are only 2 males in this show's Main Cast, and those 2 males already have girls that they like. At the end of the day, Komiya will be getting the short end of the stick ??? > _ <

I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 30, 2017 8:50 AM

Apr 2016
The look she gave her at the train said it all.

The end lol, who are you woman ?
Nov 30, 2017 9:05 AM

Jun 2015
The cat was a savage when it sent Ena's message, but it turned out okay. I can't believe her cat is named Puta. It's a derogatory term in Spanish. The scene on the train was awkward. The date didn't felt like a date tbh. They were just hanging around.
Nov 30, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2016
For God's sake...Natsume is so f***ing annoying ..
Hope Komiya will win the competition ;) . Ganbare Komiya :)
Komiya is the best girl of fall 2017 <3
#TeamKomiya

Nov 30, 2017 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
I only ship Eita and Mio because Ena deserves better than Eita imo.
Nov 30, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
Ena goes on a 'date' anyways just because and sort of confesses.
Mio jealous as hell.
Nov 30, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2012
Puta the mvp cat =/ That was a sweet short date. And Komiya with a next straight attack, gl Komiya Ena!!! Obv rooting for her, but thought that Natsume was also nice girl and seeing how she was acting this time, that was just sad ...
Nov 30, 2017 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
Ahaha that title drop from Komiya. This episode wasn't the animation disaster that I kinda expected at all.
I need sleep.
Nov 30, 2017 9:34 AM
Jun 2017
So the battle begins. Komiya x Eita is definitely cute. Komiya just went straight on him and be honest about her feelings. The photo Eita take is definitely a start but we all know this would probably end at Eita × Natsume. I definitely root for Komiya just for how she is so straight forward with the attack and she is completely the opposite of Natsume. Though right now, I can definitely see that Natsume is growing as a character and I just hope that she will grew as a character that all of us would accept . Morikawa on the end. Is it just me or I found that how Eita reacts to Morikawa changes seems so funny?
Nov 30, 2017 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
-anime website- "Go Natsume"
-MAL- "GO Komiya"
lol this is funny to watch. I really hope Natsume womans up and goes on the attack already before she gets her man stolen
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 30, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
Oh boy what should i say here?
This episode fundamentally confirmed how Komiya being EXTRA to story and is not needed. The whole episode about her literally filler and waste a time with her infatuate to Eita. I honestly skipped her part due the cringe.
In the end the story maybe will be more interesting if Komiya being main character swapped by other character likes Inui or Saru or Mayuko since them has closer ties with other main characters than Komiya herself which should be in supporting cast.
Nov 30, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2008
At first I liked Komiya, but when she fallen in love with Eita and start to think only about her own feelings, she start to be less likeable for me.

I just don't like characters who know person they love are in love with other person
and still "attack" they love interest and doesn't really care what they love interest will feel.

Like Eita know Mio likes Haruto and he wait when she will confess and "give up",
he is there for her, but don't force her like Komiya with Eita.

Komiya is selfish and totally lose in my eyes in this episode.
Nov 30, 2017 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
My reply in Episode 2

Everybody here looks like they want Haruto x Morikawa. And here I am waiting for Izumi x Komiya.

So where are we now? I know that it's still a dream. But I will keep my hope high.
Nov 30, 2017 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
Komiya ;-; Rooting for you all the way til the end but why did you set that condition of winning the photo competition to confess her love to him!!! I already know this is likely a losing battle for her as Natsume is “Izumi’s first Love” and she’s on the anime cover and anime op with him and all as well. #TEAMKOMIYA
Nov 30, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
Komiya use promise to confess.
Natsume block the damage with i confess before you to Izumi it's super effective.

Komiya take critical hit.
Natsume win the Izumi cup.
Into the Internet!
Nov 30, 2017 10:04 AM
Apr 2015
Ena is going to be the one left in the cold as she is the only one with a redeeming personality, the outgoing ones always get the short end of the stick. That being said you know after getting crushed her club will get saved making her happy in the end. Just way too predictable. Would be nice if the change things up a bit from the norm.
Nov 30, 2017 10:06 AM
Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
Ena goes on a 'date' anyways just because and sort of confesses.
Mio jealous as hell.
allenjke said:
Puta the mvp cat =/ That was a sweet short date. And Komiya with a next straight attack, gl Komiya Ena!!! Obv rooting for her, but thought that Natsume was also nice girl and seeing how she was acting this time, that was just sad ...

She was starring daggers through Ena when she got on the train, scary stuff?
Nov 30, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2008
And look eita is the moronic idiot after all. But at least he's somewhat self aware he is.

Natsume like cmonnnnnn do something do anything. But I guess mopey girl is gonna mope.
Nov 30, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2017
In episode 7 it seemed Izumi was trying to avoid Komiya. But in episode 8 all of a sudden she asked him on a date and he just agreed. It seems a bit off. There will be another misunderstanding with the lockscreen photo of Komiya. It's ridiculous that Izumi can't change lockscreen wallpaper. It seems the director is trying too hard to put Komiya between Izumi and Natsume.
Nov 30, 2017 10:26 AM
Mar 2017
For those saying that natsume is boring and has no character development is obviously not paying attention to the anime. Izumi stated multiple times how she always got the end of the stick when they were in middle school he even states in now when he helps her get to the entrance exam on time. Natsume might not be as forthcoming as ena but she definitely isn't someone that I would say is boring...

I believe izumi fell for her because of her ambition to continue regardless of her own feelings about any situation. She's a good person deep inside and he admires her for that because he used to be the opposite and has since then changed partly because of her.

It is probably a izumi x natsume ending which I'm ok with but I just have to say that history with someone even in real life still means somewhat more than just a quick fling. I think the writer wants to really test their feelings by interjecting ena into the mix but I also think that Ena is clinging on to Izumi because she is somewhat dreading the fact that her photo might not win the contest so she wants to selfishly still get some kind of happy ending and izumi might be that for her.
Nov 30, 2017 10:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
''I told you no''
''Do i need your permission?''
''Then, why did you ask?''
''Just because''

ayyyy dat name drop
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 30, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
That Morikawa at the end...
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Nov 30, 2017 11:01 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, that was one awkward train ride...

So Ena went on that "date" she wanted, although it was weird. I found it funny that Ena calls her Cat, 'Puta,' which basically means 'bitch' in Spanish lol.

Morikawa looked pretty good in her new hairstyle.

I think Mio will follow Izumi to the university he is going to while he chooses Suizen(Mio's University) and then they will tell each other that they chose each other's Universities and they'll realize that they have both chosen the wrong one and that will be it.
Nov 30, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Opinion of Ena has changed drastically over the last couple of episodes. I believe she did an amazing job on the date, especially considering her relationship to Izumi and that whole section of the episode felt very warm.

My real question is, to myself, why do I dislike Natsume so much. I don't believe it's because of her character development because it's on par with Ena, most likely more because of the backstory. Especially the interaction in the train made me like Ena even more. Also, where can I find a wingman cat like Puta?
removed-userNov 30, 2017 11:07 AM
Nov 30, 2017 11:03 AM
May 2016
Let the drama begin!
Nov 30, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2016
The Mio/Komiya war aside, loved seeing the development with Izumi throughout the series so far. Could really see him starting to open up and show emotion in this episode after seeing him being extremely cold (especially with that blank stare) during the beginning episodes. That scene of him smiling with Haruto was really heartwarming.
Personally can't tell if Komiya is actually trying to take Izumi for herself or trying to get Izumi to get together with Mio, seems like she has another hidden motive instead of blatantly bringing Izumi out on a date? But damn Mio is pissed, that stare really topped off the whole atmosphere of the train ride...
Was actually kinda sad they didn't show flashbacks of the last episode of the conversation between Mio and Komiya.

Pretty impressed with this episode though, didn't notice any drops in the quality of animation unlike the past 2-3 eps, it'll probably get better from here on.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Nov 30, 2017 11:10 AM
Sep 2015
They all went to Morikawa's house.
Ha, Soma was sweating so much
Lol Puta the cat sent the message for Komiya. I need a cat like that to help me text my crush.

This episode made me love Komiya Ena. I used to ship Eita with Natsume, but she was acting so jealous and salty about their date. I guess Ena is the best match for Eita (for now)
Nov 30, 2017 11:10 AM
Sep 2015
DatRandomDude said:
''I told you no''
''Do i need your permission?''
''Then, why did you ask?''
''Just because''

ayyyy dat name drop

My thoughts exactly. We finally know why this anime is called like this
Nov 30, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
That train ride was awkward as hell for everyone involved, but it was definitely a good scene, not least because Komiya said exactly what I think she should have done right after asking for permission. That aside, the date was interesting as Eita actually showed some reactions to Komiya for once, which is more than we've seem from him so far: it's hard to tell, because this series likes to keep some of its cards close to its chest, but he seems to be warming to her a bit.

As an aside, I wonder what relevance Natsume following her sister in her University choice is going to have, as they can't have put that in here for nothing: at the very least, I wonder how Eita would react if he knew that.
Nov 30, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2017
Lmao, the real MVP is the cat today.

I liked the train scene Ena got to the point instantly and even talked back as expected xD.

I disliked that she set up a death flag for herself near the end. Now she probably won't win that competition hence won't confess for real. Even if she does it probably won't end well anyway. I am still rooting for her despite things looking grim.

Everyone seems to say that Mio has this in the bag but when Ena joked around with the confession Eita didn't seem opposed to the idea of going out with her (and even got embarassed) so let's just wait this out.

Also wtf is this with him going to the same university as Mio especially because he can't confess? Dat logic... We seem to miss an important story piece here.

Swagernator said:
The look she gave her at the train said it all.

The end lol, who are you woman ?

Even I was like dafuq is that? XD
Nov 30, 2017 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Sick of Natsume. Hope Komiya snuffs her before the show ends. Had her in her feelings with that surprise attack. Glad Komiya ignored her disapproval, too. She shouldn't have even asked her in the first place. Who is she supposed to be?

And clearly Komiya's gonna be snubbed, so I at least want her to wipe that mean mug off of Natsume's face. The nerve of this girl, honestly.

Anyways, I thought Morikawa had a big sister or something. Or, rather, thought Komiya had a big sister that looked like Morikawa. She was already beautiful, though, so it's not like she needed a makeover. Lol. She looks good, though.
SJ7izmNov 30, 2017 11:35 AM
Nov 30, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
My emotions were flying to rage mode. Because 1, Mio is misunderstanding the situation and is jealous of it, knowing that she just drawn her own stupid conclusions. 2. Komiya san did not need permission after all, and looks like she is on the attack which I do not have much of issue probably. What the hell does Komiya like about Izumi anyways? It is not like Izyumi is too interested in Komiya. 3. Izumi is freaking nut job of an idiot, could've explained the situation to Mio about why Komiya hugged him. And he does not know what a date is? How long is this kid living under the rock for huh? Sheesh. Yeah I was close to smashing my ipad to the floor because of these reasons. Really... all three are just idiots. Part of me suggest to go with Komiya because she seems to be more outgoing, and honest. Mio on the other hand... Dear lord... I seem to get the idea why many for going for Komiya, and now part of me wants that too depending on the situation. XP and >X(
Nov 30, 2017 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
Komiya's cat is best wingman...i must say Komiya is way likable while Natsume always has that bitch-face and comes off as one. its sad knowing (like most people) what might going to happen since Natsume is basically the main heroine.

and Morikawa looking like a giant next to Izumi at the end there
Nov 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2011
I was also surprised of sudden Morikawa at the end as I didn't totally recognize her at first LMAO.

Nov 30, 2017 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
You can 100% see where this is going it's predictable but still disappointing. It would be nice if they went with Ena, but that sadsack Natume will win

Aside from Ana the other girls in this anime seem miserable most of the time.
Nov 30, 2017 12:33 PM
Feb 2017
thesarcasticguy said:

So Ena went on that "date" she wanted, although it was weird. I found it funny that Ena calls her Cat, 'Puta,' which basically means 'bitch' in Spanish lol.

I think Mio will follow Izumi to the university he is going to while he chooses Suizen(Mio's University) and then they will tell each other that they chose each other's Universities and they'll realize that they have both chosen the wrong one and that will be it.

Lol why are you so evil with that prediction. You must have gone through a lot of sad anime with cancer endings
Nov 30, 2017 12:35 PM

Apr 2016
Eita looked bored when he was on the date. It clearly shows he's not interested in Komiya. But towards the end when she confessed he seemed to be slightly moved by it. Eita has developed quite well so far. It's a question of whether he will hold on to Natsume or not right now.

I hope he holds on to Natsume. Komiya herself is annoying. She just doesn't fit with Eita. The hyperactive girl with a silent, non-talkative boy, now that's not the best of pairs is it. He seems to be annoyed by her anyway and only has the entrance exams to go to the same university as Natsume in his mind. Also, when he looks at the photo book, he stops whenever he sees the president. It's a clear indication that he likes Natsume over Komiya.

Aside from Komiya's bravery, Natsume cares more for his friends. The very reason she didn't confess to Soma was because of Morikawa. She didn't want to hurt someone else's feelings. But Komiya doesn't do that. She just goes head on, directly to the goal without caring about what happens around her. That's why she went to the date even if Natsume said no.

I don't understand why Natsume would be annoying. Just because she said no to Komiya's question to go on a date doesn't mean she's some overprotective girl. No, it isn't at all. I think it's normal for her to do that. After all, she still has confused feelings. It's a sign that she's leaning towards Eita, and people shouldn't treat her so badly for just moving away from Soma. People's love interests can change. Someone who loves a certain person at the start doesn't end up being together with that person in the end. I'm honestly happy that she's changing bit by bit, unlike Komiya's rash moves, explained by vague feelings like her 'queasiness'.

Hopefully Natsume makes a move soon.

eita x natsume ftw.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Nov 30, 2017 12:40 PM
Nov 2016
Balavadan said:
thesarcasticguy said:

Lol why are you so evil with that prediction. You must have gone through a lot of sad anime with cancer endings

Nah fam, not a lot of 'em... Just one, Kuzu No Honkai... Shit broke my heart.
Nov 30, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
"Puta" is a fun name to read in spanish subs xD

Morikawa was already beautiful so she didn't need a makeover but it suits her very well.

Nov 30, 2017 12:48 PM

Jan 2017
OH MY GOOD PUTA IS THE MVP.

1) She's a cat
2) The name, lol.

This is probably the first episode of this series that had me totally intrigued! Way to go!
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 30, 2017 12:50 PM

Jul 2015
Eita is in love with Natsume. The yearbook scene shows us that. It also tells Komiya she has no chance. The whole thing with her saying she'll confess if she wins pisses me off because it'll kinda pressure Eita. He doesn't love her and she already knows it.
Nov 30, 2017 1:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jesus, Morikawa looking amazing, what's she doing?!

Eita is showing way more emotions this episode and that was a delight. Especially his talk with Haruto on the bus was super nice.

Komiya fucking with Natsume with that question, such a Komiya-thing to do but i'd be worried and pissed, too if i was Natsume there.

Komiya with Eita is really nice, her sneaking that pic onto his screen was mad funny. He definitely blushed at the end when Komiya told him that she'll confess :O
Nov 30, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Normally the typical Japanese obsession with romantic social inhibitions drives me nuts - seen way too much of it - but the tone here makes for a compatible backdrop. I gotta love Komiya. She perceives more than she shows but still goes for the kill. I was hoping the yearbook scene would segue into more history between Komiya and Natsume, because it seemed clear that she was subtly trying to elicit a reaction from him. The cat was the MVP of this ep.
Nov 30, 2017 1:06 PM
Sep 2012
If the cartoon wasn't just 12 episodes, I could have sworn that Morikawa's appearance in front of Eita could have launched an Eita X Morikawa story.

Unless... just because... ^^^
It would have been nice to see it turned over, but it probably won't.

I don't know who, but in the end at least one will cry.
Nov 30, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2012
Honestly everyone is being way too hard on Natsume, you should try to get in her shoes. (and I'm saying this even if I like Komiya too)
You don't control who you fall in love and unfortunately she fell for Haruto first and pretty much did what Izumi is currently doing with her (not being able to confess and only staying by the person's side). Now when she finally realizes that she might like Izumi her friend basically confesses she likes him. (and let's not talk about the haruto-morikawa thing)
Some people say she had her 'chance' but I disagree, yes she spent a long time with Izumi before he transferred but as I said before she was in love with Haruto...

Now, I repeat, I like Komiya and the fact that she can be straightforward about her feelings, but I think it's easier for her since she didn't know him that long. Natsume and Izumi have history, she knows that he knows she likes Haruto, they have a more complicated relationship which I know makes it harder for someone to put their feelings out there, especially a character like Natsume :c
Nov 30, 2017 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
My thing is, from the flashback scene from middle school the way I perceive it is that natsume had feelings for both haruto and izumi without realizing she had feelings for izumi. Its not always something we are aware of even if its obvious to those around us. The flash back after she gave up on Haruto showing her and izumi got her thinking about how he is, and how he treats her, thus how she feels about him and she realized that she liked him. However as soon as this happens Komiya shows up and declares she likes Izumi, which puts Natsume back in one of her "states".

Long story short, Natsume likes Izumi, Izumi likes Natsume, but Izumi still thinks that she's in love with Haruto so he's staying by her side, kinda like what she was doing to haruto as well. Komiya is trying to go after him while knowing after that confrontation with Natsume that they both clearly love each other.I don't know which one, but one of them will stop being stubborn and bite the bullet and confess. I'm leaning towards eita, but it'll be during the stir the picture causes or after it.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 30, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2017
ecolon said:
In episode 7 it seemed Izumi was trying to avoid Komiya. But in episode 8 all of a sudden she asked him on a date and he just agreed. It seems a bit off. There will be another misunderstanding with the lockscreen photo of Komiya. It's ridiculous that Izumi can't change lockscreen wallpaper. It seems the director is trying too hard to put Komiya between Izumi and Natsume.

Actually, I bet that's what the director is thinking. Komiya is just here to distance Izumi and Natsume, and make it harder for them to confess. I personally root for Natsume, they have more background with each other and Natsume is always nice to him.

Also, the animation was much better in this episode! I'm glad :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by OtsuksRiinko29 »»
Apr 3, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.