Forum Settings
Forums

Would you commit crimes if there were no punishment?

New
Would you commit crimes if there were no punishment?
Oct 26, 2017 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
No repercussions of any kind, would you commit a crime?

If so, which crimes?

If not, why?

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 26, 2017 8:35 AM

Aug 2014
Depends. Simple stuff like cycling without a light in the dark or jaywalking I would care about even less. Stuff like stealing or crimes that negatively affect others I wouldn't do regardless of the law.
Oct 26, 2017 8:36 AM

Nov 2016
There are people who don't believe in any afterlife yet they don't commit crimes even if they knew no one was watching. It depends on how well you've internalized morality. If your moral system is contingent on an idea of punishment or reward, if you've only been told to be moral because you'll be rewarded for it, then you're going to behave badly if we take away the strictures. If, however, you're moral out of an idea that this is what's best for all of us, that even in times of famine when everyone steals there's much more to be gained by cooperating than in the world homo homini lupus, then you'll act nicely regardless.
Oct 26, 2017 8:42 AM

Oct 2017
sorry kiddo but morality isnt edgy enough 4 me
Close this World .txEn eht nepO
you are happy 24/7, that is a lie, that is bullshit and i refuse to have somebody tell me bullshit i wanna have an honest

Oct 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
There is always a punishment, and there is always someone watching.
Oct 26, 2017 8:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Can you even call it a crime if there is no punishment for it?
Oct 26, 2017 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
MangoYuri said:

oh my god, but like what if there isnt
+
both sides of the beat
smoke rings in the heat
slow grind for the woke
shes down as a smoke
how to shine by the dealer
cosign for your feeling
bitch to grind on my beat
Oct 26, 2017 9:00 AM

Jul 2013
SoakedForGirls said:
MangoYuri said:

apparently using one's imagination is too hard for some people .-.

Thanakos said:
There are people who don't believe in any afterlife yet they don't commit crimes even if they knew no one was watching. It depends on how well you've internalized morality. If your moral system is contingent on an idea of punishment or reward, if you've only been told to be moral because you'll be rewarded for it, then you're going to behave badly if we take away the strictures. If, however, you're moral out of an idea that this is what's best for all of us, that even in times of famine when everyone steals there's much more to be gained by cooperating than in the world homo homini lupus, then you'll act nicely regardless.

yes, now give me a yes or no so that i can judge you from behind my screen.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 26, 2017 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
Fuchsia said:
SoakedForGirls said:

apparently using one's imagination is too hard for some people .-.

well I wouldn't say its hard but some people don't like the distraction/only use it when 'necessary', nothing wrong withit
+
both sides of the beat
smoke rings in the heat
slow grind for the woke
shes down as a smoke
cosign for your feeling
Oct 26, 2017 9:07 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Takes a lot of effort to be a dick bag. Maybe snag some free stuff but other than that. No.
Oct 26, 2017 9:17 AM

Jul 2016
Only minor stuff. Not about to go full Elfen Lied on people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
SoakedForGirls said:
MangoYuri said:

I still wouldn't commit crime, as I firmly believe that to be so.
Oct 26, 2017 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
I would rob the fuck out of a bookstore or a games store :33
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 26, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
I would steal something from a store every once in a while

Other than that nothing really
Oct 26, 2017 10:02 AM

Nov 2014
Probably not, but it'll be hard to resist temptation when it comes down to it. It'll definitely be a challenge to keep me from acting emotionally.

Also, there's no such thing as no punishment. Even if there is no official legal punishment, it'll make you the target of others. Prison exists not only as a means of punishment, but also to protect the criminal from the cycle of revenge. In any case, even if you are like a master in self-defense or something, you'll live a miserable friendless life because face it humans all naturally yearn to do crime.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 26, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
yeah i would rob banks and when i've gotten enough $$$ for myself i'll give it out.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Oct 26, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on how severe the crime would be considered. If there was no law against uploading full anime episodes on YouTube I would probably add that to my channel. But to rob a bank or murder someone, I wouldn't go that far lol.

Oh and I would spy on the women's side of the Japanese hot springs too! :P
Oct 26, 2017 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
MangoYuri said:
SoakedForGirls said:

I still wouldn't commit crime, as I firmly believe that to be so.

Ok well even if every human is being watched (like religiously or like laws); for religion one can firmly believe in god and therefore in a time when it was only god with no one watching, and laws well if everyone around you commits crime... One could argue about blind justice and shit too
+
both sides of the beat
smoke rings in the heat
slow grind for the woke
shes down as a smoke
cosign for your feeling
Oct 26, 2017 10:47 AM

Nov 2016
Fuchsia said:

Thanakos said:

yes, now give me a yes or no so that i can judge you from behind my screen.

No?

Thought I'd implied it clearly unless I somehow insinuated that people with a well-internalized morality are worse.
Oct 26, 2017 11:43 AM

Apr 2016
I would. The only thing that holds me back are the consequences.

The amount of hypocricy in this thread is disgusting.
Oct 26, 2017 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
It is not considered a crime if there is no punishment, am I right?

As for the question, yes!
Oct 26, 2017 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
knowing myself? probably
I can be a materialistic mess if shit’s free without consequence i’d probably take it
Oct 26, 2017 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
yes like stealing from the rich then i will hide since a lawless place is gonna be bloody and life there is more short

but if you ask me how i will do the stealing then i do not know lol
Oct 26, 2017 11:48 PM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Can you even call it a crime if there is no punishment for it?

My first thought.

OT: I'm pretty sure I wouldn't steal, but I sure would use this chance to murder people who would try to steal from me. Other than that maybe some minor stuff, like not stopping on red when I see it's safe. Tho I guess if everyone did that minor stuff it wouldn't be safe anymore.
JustAnotherShiroOct 26, 2017 11:55 PM
Oct 27, 2017 12:08 AM

Feb 2016
Not really, I think it would still pour down on my conscience in the end.

Maybe something small that doesn't cause harm to me or anyone else in any form or way though.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Oct 27, 2017 12:23 AM

Feb 2015
I dunno. I'll reply back once Canada lift all its crime related punishment.
Oct 27, 2017 10:32 PM

Sep 2017
Fuchsia said:
No repercussions of any kind, would you commit a crime?

If so, which crimes?

If not, why?

Probably yes. If suicide is considered a crime. If we lived in a world where everything was legal, I would not want to live.
Oct 27, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2013
I would start hunting down those that commit murders.
Oct 28, 2017 12:02 AM

Oct 2015
That would depend on how you define crime. Crime is defined by the state you live in.

But assuming we live in a state of anarchy? Well i wouldnt go out of my way to kill people but i wouldnt hesitate to kill people that try to rob or hurt me. In such a world, Might makes Right.

But like others said, you can still be punished albeit your bad reputation for killing people or theiving. People will avoid you and probably more likely to kill you.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Oct 28, 2017 3:30 AM

Apr 2017
Someone who beleives in god won't commit anything even if there were no punishment.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 28, 2017 5:30 AM

Feb 2015
Any crime I can manage to get away with I do, even if there's no logical reasoning behind it. So yes, regardless of what the crime is. Variety is the spice of life

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Oct 28, 2017 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
yeah i would steal credit cards to go to fancy restaurants and eat nice quality food,i would also burglarize the apple store
Oct 28, 2017 8:12 AM

Sep 2017
If ill commit a crime then ill steal a rocket and get the hell out of that crazy planet.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 29, 2017 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
Depends on the crime and circumstance. Like if its speeding then sure I might speed. I would do illegal drugs. I would buy machine gun. If someone raped or murdered a family member or friend then I would kill that person who raped or murdered my family member or friend.
Oct 29, 2017 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
In a situation like that, I doubt anyone would could remain not doing anything, simply because protecting yourself would require drastic measures.
Oct 29, 2017 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
I'd pirate movies and games without a VPN. Probably wouldn't kill anyone or anything crazy.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 29, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2016
Punishments are the only things that are stopping me from committing any crimes so yeah, definitely
Oct 29, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2017
jay walking for days without the law i can finally be a peaceful man that sells cabbages and jay walks
Professional Brassica Oleracea Agent
Created By Sarim-kun

Oct 29, 2017 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
I probably would as long as it benefitted me. Also I'd probably blow things up just for fun and giggles.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 29, 2017 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
Dunno, but one Purge day a year has always had a nice ring to it for me.
Oct 29, 2017 3:51 PM

Sep 2014
Hell yeah, I'd go to my local Walmart and Target and steal all the pokemon cards.
Oct 29, 2017 3:54 PM

May 2016
Who wouldn't do crimes if there was no punishment involved?
I mean, let's keep it real. If someone was suddenly going to fight you on the street, there would be no consequence.
You could just defend yourself and also fight back without both getting an assault charge.
And you could also throw pee on him if it gets real.
That would catch him off-guard.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Oct 29, 2017 4:27 PM

Aug 2017
No. There would be a punishment. If the clerk spots you shoplifting he/she will still try to shoot you down to get the items back. If you are a known murderer someone will try to hunt you down, because that "someone" could be the next one day, and wants to prevent it.

Drug dealing won't make sense. Prices wil drop a lot. The same would go for weapon dealing, but weapons are already expensive anyway.

And I just can't stand the fact that I am doing something bad.
Oct 29, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
bl4x1 said:
Brb said:
In a situation like that, I doubt anyone would could remain not doing anything, simply because protecting yourself would require drastic measures.

Self defense isn‘t a crime, though. Unless you are female and live in an Arabic Country.

Physical harm would be the last thing you'd worry about, it's the small crimes like theft that you'd protect from.
Oct 29, 2017 6:52 PM

Feb 2017
I wouldn't want to cause harm to anyone else.

Though, ngl, I'd totes want to become a Robin Hood type figure and steal from rich ass corrupt politicians give the money to people who need it.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 29, 2017 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
I want to say yes but I'd probably just end up feeling too guilty to go through with anything.

Oct 29, 2017 7:58 PM

May 2013
Some. I'd probably be able to smoke weed and do graffiti, those things I'd like to do.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 29, 2017 9:05 PM

Jan 2014
Tbh, if that was reality then most of us on this site would have died a long time ago due to annoying our friends/family.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 29, 2017 10:58 PM

Sep 2017
i'd start my own business without a permit
Oct 30, 2017 6:47 AM

Mar 2012
I'd most probably stab my entire family to death. But if there was no punishment for crimes then my parents would have murdered me a long time ago.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

38 by cody »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

28 by cody »»
16 minutes ago

» proxy

jackfrostenson - 57 minutes ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
53 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
3 hours ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.