Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 22, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
Choostopher said:
I drop as many as I finish (though most I can't be bothered even listing as dropped) but generally speaking I can not love an anime but continue watching if I like at least one character.

Of course if I can't stand the characters I will drop it after an episode or 2 even if it's super highly rated like that Fate Stay stuff or Mob Psycho.

I forced myself to watch the Fate series because of the high reviews and people always talking about how good it is. Never again...

NEVER AGAIN!
Oct 22, 2017 12:57 PM

Nov 2014
Novo said:
Choostopher said:
I drop as many as I finish (though most I can't be bothered even listing as dropped) but generally speaking I can not love an anime but continue watching if I like at least one character.

Of course if I can't stand the characters I will drop it after an episode or 2 even if it's super highly rated like that Fate Stay stuff or Mob Psycho.

I forced myself to watch the Fate series because of the high reviews and people always talking about how good it is. Never again...

NEVER AGAIN!

Yeah go with your gut, when an Anime doesn't work for you it doesn't matter how many peeps love it give it the DROP status!
Oct 22, 2017 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
If I get angry like watching umaru-chan, I'll drop it. If I get bored to tears like watching flying witch, I'll drop it. If it's a sequel to something I really like, and it's a disaster like watching Log Horizon S2 and www.working. Then I'll drop it for the sake of preserving my love for the original. And when shows are on my on-hold list and every time I consider watching it, I get a pit in my stomach, I'll drop it.

I think those are my four main reasons. But I mean, I'll dropped 15% of the entries on my list. So those 4 conditions seem to be fairly easy to tick. Mind you, I'm not opposed to finishing them someday if someone were to convince me that I should.
AretheusOct 22, 2017 3:47 PM
Oct 22, 2017 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
It takes concentration to read subtitles, and if an anime doesn't catch my interests, I can't concentrate, and it just gets dropped automatically like that. I've tried forcing myself to watch series I was not interested, but it's rare that it register then
Oct 22, 2017 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
1. It is boring
2. It is boring
3. It is boring
Oct 22, 2017 6:03 PM

Aug 2016
If I know I won't like a series or I simply don't like it why watch it? If I see a romance anime where every piece of dialogue makes make pause the video out of cringe and the characters piss me off I'm not finishing that shit, I'm gonna spend my time watching something that I actually enjoy.
And the fact of an anime turning from complete garbage I hate to something I actually like has NEVER happened for me. I watched a ton of series for the hell of it that I don't like and not a single one of them got even remotely better from the first couple episodes
Oct 22, 2017 6:15 PM

Dec 2009
I drop for many reasons, mostly if I have a very negative reaction to what I'm watching I'll drop it.

However I sometimes go back and give it another go . . . usually after a couple years.

And most of the time it stays dropped.

There are a few that I know I will never change my mind on on ever and so try not to think too long on how everyone else seems to like them.

Recently I went on my hold list and put a few in my dropped, just cause I know I'll never finish them. Usually because I know a favorite character dies at some point . . . friends can be horrible :(

Oct 22, 2017 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
1. If it ever tries to make asspulls at of nowhere.
2. If it insult my intelligence
3. If I'm to lazy to continue it
And for World Trigger and Fairy Tail (2014)... I was planning on it.

Oct 22, 2017 9:33 PM
Feb 2017
When something becomes unbearable to watch.
Oct 22, 2017 9:46 PM

Dec 2015
When after watching more than half I think it's irredeemable, and only when it's at least double cour. Single cour anime are too short to drop for me.
Oct 22, 2017 10:30 PM

Sep 2014
Novo said:
I drop anime left and right. I’ll watch the first few episodes of most shows each season and will drop those that aren’t interesting enough to continue watching.

Because of this I’ve been exposed to and have found shows in all kinds of genres that I would not normally watch.

Pretty much what Novo said, the same goes for me.
Oct 22, 2017 10:46 PM
Oct 2017
If I don't like it, I just drop it

If it has finished airing just do some research before starting to watch to avoid dropping
Oct 22, 2017 10:50 PM
Sep 2017
Because that one character pisses me of.
Oct 22, 2017 11:44 PM

Jan 2010
1. I hated the MC
2. NOTP become canon
3. Uninteresting with nothing else hooked me

I never force myself too watch anything I know wouldn't be an enjoyment for me.
Oct 23, 2017 12:05 AM
Aug 2017
Never drop one since I do research beforehand and know what I am getting into.
Oct 23, 2017 12:32 AM

Jul 2017
If an anime is clearly not my cup of tea, or I'm not enjoying it, I'll just drop it. Force myself to watch sth I don't enjoy in my leisure time sounds terrible. It's not like I can accomplish anything by finishing the anime or I have a lot of free time.

I may miss some good anime, but I can't watch all the good anime whatsoever, so missing some are okay.

I won't rate those anime on MAL too because I haven't seen the whole thing.
Oct 23, 2017 12:55 AM
Dec 2013
I could drop an anime for a multiple of reasons.

I dropped one anime because all the constant lying, cheating, and sabotoging from the opponents in the anime made me livid, and nobody did any investigations about it and the opponents won and got away with it.

I dropped another anime because a character pimped out his girlfriend to get raped by a Yakuza so he'd help him. This was in a comedy anime btw.

I dropped another anime because I hated a character in that anime so much that I couldn't bear to watch another episode with her in it.
wildhoodOct 23, 2017 1:03 AM
Oct 25, 2017 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
When it's too boring n slow that I have no patience to bear watching. When I'm not interested in it or not in the mood. Sometimes even cuz of the art style since I really like good drawn characters with beautiful scenes it gives me life.
Oct 25, 2017 5:12 AM

Mar 2016
I don't drop xD
But i have do it one time with Lain (and completed him two years after) because it was just so strange, they lost me more every minute :')

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

Oct 25, 2017 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
Not interested or will never watch it.
That's pretty much it.
Once i watch anime i normally finished regardless the crap or forced it is.
Oct 25, 2017 5:24 AM

Dec 2016
Why waste time ?
I would even drop a 2 minute Music video lol
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Oct 25, 2017 5:26 AM

Apr 2012
I drop an anime if what I have seen so far from it causes me to judge that watching the rest of it won't be worth my time. There are many possible reasons for making such a judgement.
Oct 25, 2017 5:36 AM

Mar 2012
I drop it after the 1st episode if it's not to my liking. If the description and cover is not good enough to make me decide whether to watch it or not I just try out the 1st episode, it gives me a general idea of the art style, animation, sound, voices and to some extent the initial personalities of the characters, if I find any of those aspects, character personalities in particular unbearable or annoying then I drop it. If it's bearable then I'll stick around for a few more episodes and see how things are and then decide whether to drop it or not. I never drop a series after making it half-way through.

In the past when I used to watch anime on TV I used to just stick till the bitter end no matter how much I disliked. Animax used to have lots of re-runs and repeats so even if I didn't want to I would end up watching it out of boredom specially during vacations. Those are basically all the 1s and 2s on on completed list.
Oct 25, 2017 5:45 AM

Aug 2015
I finish the anime and if I don't like it I will rate it bad. I mostly rate anime low if the the characters are annoying or if I get bored.
Oct 25, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2017
I dislike dropping anime but usually if it gets too boring or just I know I'm not going to finish it.
Oct 25, 2017 6:11 AM

Feb 2017
Because it went too shit that i cant watch anymore. I used to download whole series so i force complete it otherwise with new currently airing anime, i could drop it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 25, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
Either i don't like/enjoy an anime, or i find indifferent/pointless. Sometimes it depends on my mood and what i want to watch.
Oct 25, 2017 5:28 PM

Sep 2017
I've never dropped an anime, I usually force myself to watch it. I actually regretted some of the ones I had to force myself to finish but it doesn't really matter tbh.
Oct 26, 2017 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
When I'm on half the total number of episodes, if it does not keep me interested or bore me, I will drop it without a second thinking. Some anime are best to drop with only 2 or 3 episodes. Will I go back to watch dropped anime? I hink NOT!!!
Feb 13, 2018 12:58 AM

Jan 2018
I believe it's normal to drop a series right from the first few episodes. That's what I do but I don't feature them in my list and if I gave up halfway I don't give a score.
Feb 13, 2018 1:01 AM

Jan 2014
if its boring, cancerous, not worth my time, duh
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Feb 13, 2018 1:18 AM
Nov 2017
i have dropped a fair few series. some cause i couldn't handle how shit it is like blend s or. sometimes i drop a series cause i just am not feeling it anymore. in my case the irregular at magic high school. watched it initially and dropped it after the incest got to me. then i watched class room of the elite and picked it up cause i waned a smart mc, only to drop it 10 episodes later. or it's like the series like another and to spoooookey for me.
Feb 13, 2018 1:26 AM

Jul 2014
I used to have a no drop policy, now I don't watch series that don't entertain me 100%.
I don't know which is better, many pointed out "why do you watch something that you don't enjoy, it shouldn't be a chore", but without that, I'm easily bored. The "chore" part is partially entertaining. Sometimes is better than nothing, but it's close. And sad.
Feb 13, 2018 1:30 AM

Jan 2018
I don't always drop anime, I try my best to complete an anime even if it's kinda boring and such, as long as it's bearable. But if it's really boring and uninteresting then it's time to drop it.
Feb 13, 2018 1:31 AM

Mar 2016
If you’re half way through the show and the mc has had zero development or evem the foreshadowing of development then im not gonna stick around

Also if the show is boring
Feb 13, 2018 1:40 AM

May 2015
I'll drop an anime if after 12 episodes, I still get the same bullshit with no change. If you're going to be bad, you must be so horrible that each episode reveals new reasons (NHK). Some anime, like Toradora, are just repetitive as your warm-up Techno track. 10 episodes and there's nothing to see.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 16, 2018 11:43 AM

Jul 2016
Usually because I get so bored or I think it's so bad I can't go on.
In 2 cases, I dropped them because I'd read the manga and I wasn't bothered watching the anime because they're both quite long (for me anyway).
Rainbow is amazing for the sole fact that all the chapters are in alphabetical order.

Feb 16, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2017
I usually force myself to finish them, because most of the times they have like 12-24 eps and I don't like to drop anime. If the shows are longer and I just don't feel like watching them anymore I'll just keep them in my "Watching" list until I decide to finally continue watching. An example for that is Gintama, watched until ep 50 but I'm too lazy to continue so I just keep it there until I'll have the time and energy to.

The only show I've dropped until now is Diabolik Lovers. Dropped at ep 1. I plan to watch it one day but I'm afraid I won't give it a score higher than a 3 so I'd better waste my time on something else for now.
Feb 16, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
I drop pretty much anything that doesn't maintain my interest. Maybe I'll get back to it, but highly unlikely if I've left it for a considerable long time.

I dropped 80+ shows I had on watching for a few years due to no prospect of returning to them.
Feb 16, 2018 12:44 PM

May 2016
I drop anime for the following reasons:
1) When i'm getting bored of it, like continuassly bored
2) When it somehow disturbs me
3) When it's SO BAD that I can't even make jokes about it while watching it. It has to fuck up SO BAD. Because I can perfectly watch something that's bad, I'll just make fun of the work XD
4) When I get irritated by it.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 16, 2018 1:16 PM

May 2009
I like to give everything a fair shake, but I will drop something if it sufficiently annoys me.

Generally speaking, this means an excess of sexual fanservice. Sometimes, though, this may have to do with the characters being really obnoxious.

I may also drop a series out of losing interest in the story, but in this case it's usually more common that the show sits on my On-Hold for a while and then I decide I'm just never gonna return to it anytime soon. This may happen to stuff that doesn't outright annoy me, but is sorta uninteresting to me.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 16, 2018 6:14 PM

Jul 2017
For me if an anime is too long I hold it but if its boring as hell, I'm dropping that ASAP, but I haven't had too yet.
Feb 16, 2018 6:15 PM

Apr 2013
Cause I don't want to waste my precious time on this planet for something I don't enjoy watching.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Feb 17, 2018 12:39 AM

Jan 2017
It really depends on how long the anime is, If it is 13 or 25 episodes I just power through and watch the entire thing and see if I actually liked it. Right now all the dropped animes I had once dropped, I just finished it and felt refreshed after I saw that Dropped Section go from 10 to 0.
Feb 17, 2018 12:44 AM
Oct 2015
I prefer to put anime 'on hold' rather than dropping it because 9 out of 10 times I would probably pick it up again unless it's something I really dislike.
Heckle was here...
Feb 17, 2018 12:57 AM

Jul 2016
I can tell you why I dropped every single anime on my Dropped list.

Dragon Crisis: Ugly, creepy scientist guy.

Koukaku no Pandora: It was too random.

Masou Gakuen HxH: The truth about the Hybrid Heart gears. It makes lewding the girls a literal life or death situation. That's shitty and not fun.
(Highlight the white text for the spoiler.)

Mondaiji: I wanted to see a fucking fight scene that they only showed the aftermath of.

OniAi: Felt too slow.

(These last two I'd probably try again because I had really weird attitudes at the time.)

Sabage-bu:
I was feeling like a male equivalent of a feminazi and didn't like that the other girls were suggesting that the main girl could be an idol.

Sakurasou: I was feeling so incel that I couldn't bear Mashiro's advances on Sorata.
IpreferEcchiFeb 17, 2018 1:01 AM
Feb 17, 2018 1:57 AM
Jul 2015
Some times I procrastinate when i watch anime. Other times im just bored.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2018
Steins;Gate . He asked my waifu if she want to taste hes banana, Dont speak to my girl like that fucking pig dropped

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica,, Her parents start to kiss in front of me, Gross dropped no heterosexual kissing in that type of anime!!

Natsu-iro Kiseki. If i want to watch trailer trash fight i can watch coops,, Dropped

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai. Dont like hes stupid face dropped

Made in Abyss. Dont talk about penises in my anime, And that include robot penises. Dropped

Joshikousei: Girl's High.. Said boyfriend to many times ,, Dropped

Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru . My girl was lewd infront of a male . Dropped
Nov 2, 2019 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
ZonedIn said:
At what point do you decide to drop an anime?

When I feel the overall feel, pacing, style, isn't for me (I dropped Ergo Proxy within a minute, I think, because of how weird it was) or when I sense that it's going to be very conventional (like No Guns Life).

ZonedIn said:
Do you ever force yourself to finish a series, or do you drop it as soon as 1 thing displeases you?

I don't force myself to finish anime like when I was a kid. I won't drop an anime if it's just one small detail that bothers me.

ZonedIn said:
The way i see it is at least finish the series (if it isn't THAT long) then rate it a 1 if you wish, but just at least finish it.

Why? We have a limited amount of time on this Earth. I'm busy with homework, and will be even more busy once I get an actual career. Why spend episodes watching an anime that I don't enjoy, when I can watch something amazing like Vinland Saga?

Novo said:
I drop anime left and right. I’ll watch the first few episodes of most shows each season and will drop those that aren’t interesting enough to continue watching.

Because of this I’ve been exposed to and have found shows in all kinds of genres that I would not normally watch.

I used to give every anime that came out in a season a chance. But I was dropping 99% of them. What's more, I was predicting that I would drop them, just by their premise and rating alone.
Nov 2, 2019 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
Extreme, constant mood whiplash. From dark to lolwtf, all the time, so to speak. Now, I don't mind humorous moments in otherwise dark stories (even Berserk has plenty funny moments), but sometimes it's done in a way that's just grating. Makes me not take the show/story seriously anymore. The worst offenders, by far!, are shounen ai series.

Extremely annoying MCs are also a reason for me to drop a show.

mors certa hora incerta
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

16 by MichaelJackson »»
1 minute ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

84 by Hikinekomori »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

113 by lycan_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Does anyone ever feel like anime is inferior to western television. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

15poundfish - Feb 12, 2017

351 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

25 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.