Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2017 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
At what point do you decide to drop an anime? Do you ever force yourself to finish a series, or do you drop it as soon as 1 thing displeases you?

I'm asking this because i'm genuinely curious, as to what makes you drop an anime after you've only seen 2 episode into a 25 episode series.

The way i see it is at least finish the series (if it isn't THAT long) then rate it a 1 if you wish, but just at least finish it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
I hate to drop Animes but sometimes I don't want to force myself to complete a bad Anime. Most of the Anime I've dropped were ofc really bad and had annoying characters.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll

Feb 2015
As soon as I dread watching another episode of a series, I check if people had simillar reactions to mine and I decide accordingly. But usually it doesn't change my mind and I just drop it anyway.
Another reason, is feeling that I don't need anymore of a series cause I have consumed an amount that has satisfied me thus, I seek a new experience

Sep 2017
If I am about 9+ episodes in, then I force myself to finish it (unless it has 25+ episodes).

I will drop an anime if it bores me, if I don't see a plot happening or if the characters annoy me. Sure, sometimes I am wrong about the anime and then I can always go back to it. I don't see the point in finishing something I don't really ejoy, as there are so many good anime I still need to watch.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Oct 22, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
ZonedIn said:
but just at least finish it.

Why?
I don't see the point of continuing watching something that is disagreeable. I'm not that masochist to endure something painful while it gives me nothing in exchange.

If it's boring, I can push a little for few more episodes to see if it gets interesting, but most of the time they don't and thus I drop them anyway. I prefer to loose my times on something a little more stimulating.

Although some few terribad anime are quite fascinating to watch.
Oct 22, 2017 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
I would assume most people are busy with their lives why waste time with a shitty anime because of pride?
Oct 22, 2017 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
-Shit pacing
-Nothing interesting happening
-Bland dialogue
-Bland art
-Obnoxious characters
Oct 22, 2017 8:05 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
As soon as I'm really disappointed or bored with the anime I drop it.

Finish the series at least? Ain't nobody got time for that.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 22, 2017 8:08 AM

Jul 2012
The only anime I have dropped so far is Ajin and it was because the animation made my eyes hurt.
Oct 22, 2017 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
I've seen top reviewers on a few series that haven't even scratched the series and they're reviewing it as though the entire series was a mistake.

So my bad, at the whole "at least finish the series" part.

And i get it that there's some series that really wouldn't change your mind even if you would've seen another episode, and 2/25 episodes is enough for your own personal rating. But is 2/25 episodes really enough to write a review about?
removed-userOct 22, 2017 8:18 AM
Oct 22, 2017 8:14 AM
Aug 2017
I usually force myself to finish series... but even though there are some cases when I can't finish a series... because I feel like that I am gonna stop watching anime as a whole...
Oct 22, 2017 8:24 AM

Feb 2016
When i'm out of patient to spend with something i'm not enjoying or think that there's no value itself.... but it's pretty rare for me to drop something
llorandoOct 22, 2017 8:52 AM
Oct 22, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2014
If I feel like it I'll drop and never talk about the anime again, unless it's a long running series where I've watched significant amount of its.

If any case, I tend to not drop shows but sometimes it's hard not to for some of them and I end up giving up.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 22, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2017
Nope. I cant talk shit about anime i've drop that's why I dont drop anime. People talking shit about anime they've drop has no right to do that since they didnt see it through the end. It's my creed.

Tl;dr. Dropping anime is okay as long as you dont talk about it and didnt talk shit about it. Otherwise you are a living walking hypocrite.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 22, 2017 8:35 AM
Oct 2017
If I was too boring watching them, I'll *usually* drop them. I don't want to waste my time for watching shows I don't really like. Instead, I would like to find another shows that interesting for me.
Oct 22, 2017 8:38 AM

Jul 2016
I tend to drop a lot of shows, almost all in or at the end of the first episode. Usually by the end of the first episode I'll have determined whether or not the show I'm watching has anything of value I can could get out of it, even if that's just a good time. One of the the shows airing this season I dropped 3 minutes and 41 seconds in because I could tell immediately that nothing of value to me was on display and wouldn't be in the future.

Yes, most of this is just me watching way to much in the season, but I'd continue doing it this way even if I wasn't watching seasonals. Why spend time doing stuff you don't like when you could be spending it doing stuff you do like?
Oct 22, 2017 8:38 AM

Jan 2013
There are two possible reasons:
-it's unwatchable for me (too cringeworthy, too much lazy fanservice, too slow, too cliche etc)
-I don't feel like watching it despite it not being particularly bad

If it's the first case, I'll finish it no matter what if I've already seen more than a half (cause if I've managed to watch this much I might as well finish it). I'll also be reluctant to drop a popular and high-rated show - I always try to finish them by watching one episode from time to time, but I'll drop them too if it becomes to much of a chore. Also, I try to watch at least 2-3 episodes before dropping.

If it's the second reason, I'll put it back on PTW list if I've only seen one (for 1-cour series) or two episodes (for 2-cour series), or put it on 'dropped' list if I've seen more, but I'll keep in mind that it was an okay series that I might try watching again in the future.

I'm less patient when it comes to manga though, there are several things that are instant deal breakers and the rules I have for anime don't apply in those cases.
fuyukiOct 22, 2017 8:43 AM
Oct 22, 2017 8:43 AM

Nov 2015
I used to drop anime a little bit when I used to watch on VHS. If my hands slipped i'd drop a vhs of pokemon on the floor, but don't worry. I just picked it back up.

As for the reason for dropping anime I guess it's just because my hands slipped. Can't think of any other reason.
Oct 22, 2017 8:50 AM

Dec 2016
I tend to drop animes if the overall story is just boring because I don't like forcing myself to watch an anime that i'm not interested in. The other reason why I may drop an anime is because of a character. Sometimes I get really annoyed and start disliking a character, and that leads me into dropping the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2016
If I don't think it will be interesting, I drop it. If it looks hilariously bad I'll keep watching cause I like to watch things ironically sometimes. But if it's just plain boring, then no.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2017 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
If I get really bored then I'll drop an anime. But there's one anime I still finished even when I got bored early on. Really stupid decision in my part.
Oct 22, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
the somewhat abstract concepts of 'boring' and 'can't be arsed to continue'
Oct 22, 2017 9:32 AM

Oct 2014
Mainly because of boredom/lack of appeal, but this depends on how long the show is. Some might say otherwise but if the first few episodes of a 12 ep show aren't interesting to me, then I can kind of already tell that the rest of the episodes won't be either. I've given a few chances to these particular shows and every time they fail to meet my expectation that they will improve, hence why I've stopped expecting anything from them at all.

For a longer series I will tend to give more leniency as it is expected for these shows to initially be slow.

Other reasons I drop shows include but are not limited to: annoying characters (includes all the annoying shit they do like.Touma punching every villain in the face) and excessive amounts of cringe.
Light-Oct 22, 2017 9:35 AM
Oct 22, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
tbh the main reason is cause i dont have time to watch animes i dont think ill be interested in :3
Oct 22, 2017 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
Stopped dropping anime because i'm a completionist.
Oct 22, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Characters are most important for me. like 3/4 of my dropped list got dropped because of Annoying/Bad/Boring/Horrible characters. Applies to both main and side characters.
Oct 22, 2017 9:53 AM
Mar 2016
Why should I spend my time to watch something I don't like?
Years ago people didn't have a choice, so it was OK to watch everything on TV or to play every computer game, that you were able to get. But come on, now it is just unnecessary. Don't waste your time.
Oct 22, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2012
ZonedIn said:
I've seen top reviewers on a few series that haven't even scratched the series and they're reviewing it as though the entire series was a mistake.

So my bad, at the whole "at least finish the series" part.

And i get it that there's some series that really wouldn't change your mind even if you would've seen another episode, and 2/25 episodes is enough for your own personal rating. But is 2/25 episodes really enough to write a review about?
The first episode should give you a mind of what a show has to offer and a projection of where it's going to go over the course of its season. If either of those things disappoint you, what better than to forget about it?
If something groundbreaking happens later on in the show that recontextualizes the bad impression you have, you'll probably hear of it in the outpouring of fan response.

A review written in the first week of a show that reflects the negative opinions of people who watched the whole thing probably deserves to be marked helpful.

You don't even have to dislike a show just because you've dropped it. That's not what the feature means.
OchimushaOct 22, 2017 10:16 AM
Oct 22, 2017 10:12 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I haven't been in the situation to drop, the only ones that might are the shit On Hold because they're damn long. The few that I didn't like and ended up finishing were in hopes that they'd get better but I have pretty good distinction of what I do and don't like.
Oct 22, 2017 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
I usually drop if I find myself not engaged in the story or anything at all.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 22, 2017 10:13 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
I never drop if an anime is bad i put in on hold and then finish later cause u know sometime bad turn into good like the start of gintama the 30 first was a pain and then i started to got hook in and rate 10.

Oct 22, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
zesti said:
I never drop if an anime is bad i put in on hold and then finish later cause u know sometime bad turn into good like the start of gintama the 30 first was a pain and then i started to got hook in and rate 10.
The first two episodes of Gintama were terrible but I don't think one or two exceptions(that everyone knows about) justifies draining all of the time in which I would otherwise be watching better Anime.
Oct 22, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2012
A shitty anime that has no end in sight. So far, I only dropped one!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 22, 2017 10:24 AM

Sep 2017
Everyone's taste differs. Mainly you drop an anime cause you don't like it and don't want to force yourself watching that show and get cringed every time you watch. You can pretty much guess how's this show gonna proceed after watching 2-3 episodes. If a show unable to capture your attention by of it, it's pretty reasonable to drop that show and move to a different one. I mean why should you suffer watching a show you don't even like and probably not gonna like after watching it thoroughly.
[url][/url]
Oct 22, 2017 10:31 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
If there's a sudden genre twist that I'm not into.
Or if it just bores me.
Oct 22, 2017 10:54 AM
Aug 2016
I don't drop anime since I wouldn't be able to shit on them if I did :^)
Oct 22, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
I only watch anime because I find it to be an enjoyable piece of media. If i'm not enjoying it , why should I watch it , even if it is just one episode.
Oct 22, 2017 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
For someone, it just has to be isekai or harem or when the waifu is tsundere.
Oct 22, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2017
It varies.

I dropped 3-gatsu no Lion even though it seemed good. I could not stand the artstyle with the freaky looking eyes of the characters.

Otherwise I usually drop anime that bore me with its low-quality and/or clichés. I had to drop Re:Zero because I could not stand the clichés, the annoying MC and the Shounen-like overall mediocracy...
Oct 22, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
Boring
sinked ship
Tsundere main love interest
Oct 22, 2017 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
None, as I have never dropped an anime.
Oct 22, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2017
Aslt said:
I don't drop anime since I wouldn't be able to shit on them if I did :^)

I like you magnificent bastard. Thanks for suggesting big order. I've watched it in x4 speed and it was a masterpiece. Lol
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 22, 2017 11:18 AM

Oct 2016
It depends really, you have anime I hate after having watched just one episode. Which is what happened when I watched Love Tyrant. I thought that anime seemed funny, but then when I decided to watch it, it felt like I had to suffer through the episode.
Then you have anime which I wanted to watch, but figured was too boring because I kept falling asleep.
Oct 22, 2017 11:22 AM

Oct 2015
I usually force myself if I don't like it. My drops are technically on holds for the most cause I do feel finishing most of them.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Oct 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2016
I've only dropped 2 so far.
One just wasn't what I thought it was going to be after the first couple episodes.
The other just had an art style/animation style that annoyed me.

Unlike when I first started seeking out anime, I've gotten pretty good at picking up shows that fit my tastes.
So for me, dropped shows isn't much of an issue.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 22, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
Any of the following reasons:

-It's Boring
-It's Annoying
-It's Offensive
-It's tedious or repetitive
-I just don't care about what's going on
KruszerNov 25, 2019 4:11 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 22, 2017 11:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
inb4 "fanservice this, fanservice that" because we all know how obligatory that is
Oct 22, 2017 11:53 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
Yorozu said:
zesti said:
The first two episodes of Gintama were terrible but I don't think one or two exceptions(that everyone knows about) justifies draining all of the time in which I would otherwise be watching better Anime.

U probably right but i personnaly dont found a lot of anime so fucking bad so i just watch and see ^^
PS: i dont like to start something and dont finish it

Oct 22, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
I drop anime left and right. I’ll watch the first few episodes of most shows each season and will drop those that aren’t interesting enough to continue watching.

Because of this I’ve been exposed to and have found shows in all kinds of genres that I would not normally watch.
Oct 22, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
I drop as many as I finish (though most I can't be bothered even listing as dropped) but generally speaking I can not love an anime but continue watching if I like at least one character.

Of course if I can't stand the characters I will drop it after an episode or 2 even if it's super highly rated like that Fate Stay stuff or Mob Psycho.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » From what side of the neck do you enjoy being bitten by your vampire master?

Catalano - Yesterday

17 by kagamiiin »»
39 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

96 by Lucifrost »»
49 seconds ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Apr 16

43 by kagamiiin »»
2 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9043 by appledude1221 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

60 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.