Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 21, 2017 4:38 AM

Feb 2016
Or is it just CGDCT moeshit?
The flashbacks in the first episode looked very interesting, is there gonna be some reveal later on or nothing happens at all?...
Oct 21, 2017 7:17 AM

Oct 2007
Aquamirror said:
The flashbacks in the first episode looked very interesting, is there gonna be some reveal later on or nothing happens at all?...
That's a tough question, considering CGDCT moeshit on your end implies strong derision against the trope. Makes me want to finish the anime and wonder if the idea of a plot was ever the point for these type of shows. But right now I just want to curl up on my chair with a blanket, warm mug in hand, and catch the next episode with a sensible appreciation towards tangible ideas relatable to me like friendship, melancholy, and exploration - some of which all hallmarks of the Iyashikei genre and non-conflict cinema.

Thing is, though, many series and films in those specific genres don't center on their plot, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for you if plot's the next best thing you're looking for.
Oct 21, 2017 7:24 AM

Apr 2012
Aquamirror said:
I don't know about cgdct, but it's certainly not moe. Stuff like Konohana kitan, that's moe.
Oct 21, 2017 7:36 AM

Sep 2017
Really to early to judge it. All I get is vague answers.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 21, 2017 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Wouldn't necessarily call it a CGDCT show because it does have themes to where it explores the world while these characters survive this place. Honestly stuff like maybe Blend S and Konohana Kitan are Moe, this wouldn't be the case.

(Btw this is coming from a Moe-fag here).
Oct 21, 2017 6:47 PM

May 2015
Saying "it has no plot" is almost never a real criticism for a CGDCT/SOL show. Them wandering around a wasteland IS a plot. Whether you find that interesting or not is up to you.

Oct 21, 2017 7:23 PM

Jun 2016
Obviously it's just CGDCT moeshit garbo edgy fan-service hentai cancer, and I haven't even seen the show yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
If one uses a definition of moe that focuses on "the impulse to protect a cute character," then it's moe. If it's about the modern art style... it's moe. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/04-1/90s-versus-00s-moe-character-design-examined

If it's about whether it's a "moe show," presumably meaning a stereotypical pure CGDCT show in which everything is fine all the time, it's not that, but even the CGDCT group doesn't use that as a boundary line. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1105581 (And among active members, SSR seems to be a seasonal favorite. I was shocked by how much cuter it is animated than it was as manga.)

nymi said:
All I get is vague answers.

Okay: I've read 25 chapters of the manga, and there was no over-arcing plot in sight. Not that that in itself is synonymous with either consensus trash status or CGDCT; Mushishi and Kino are like that, and they're neither moe nor CGDCT. (Although some say that 2017 Kino is drawn/animated in a "moe style.") For some people, the show with the same story would be more enjoyable if the girls were normally proportioned. And that's fine. I'm sure that some people who don't watch anime would be more willing to if anime characters all looked like the ones in Stand Alone Complex or Monster.

p.s. Kino 2003 and SSR both have a story in which
Oct 22, 2017 12:06 AM
Jul 2016
*LIGHT SPOILER WARNING*
i read the manga before, i think it does really have some plot. only the plot is a bit not explained yet. some of the manga is a slice of life of how the main characters interact the first time with everyday things that are common now,(like a camera or a fish) but forgotten at their timeline during the war/apocalypse. some of the manga is
light psychological things like the girl asking what has the earth got into now and what is it before. some of the manga is about their survival. SSR isn't a CGDCT. it shows how to survive in their timeline.
HRGR600Oct 22, 2017 7:08 AM
Oct 22, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2017
I’ve been debating this with myself, and I just choose to see depth in it. Even though it probably has none and is just a superficial SoL. Probably be let down.

At least so far is has more plot than Gintama.
Oct 22, 2017 2:26 AM

Feb 2016
Alright, I might pick it up again in the future if something more "interesting" happens, or even read the manga. It's not that I dislike such shows, but I prefer to watch something more focused at the moment.
Oct 22, 2017 2:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is much more iyashikei than CGDCT (also hence why I dropped it)

To answer the question, from what manga readers told me at least
Oct 23, 2017 2:21 PM
Oct 2017
<MAJOR SPOILERS>
DO NOT CONTINUES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SPOILED
From the recent manga chapters there is more to the lore of the story, and the plot (SPOILERS) the manga did went back to the time when civilisation still existed, when right before Chi and Yuu started their journey.
And in the newest one their vehicle finally broke down and the two started on foot, while traveling in higher levels of the city, so it indicates it is progressing, and will be ending soon.
Oct 24, 2017 9:15 PM
Jun 2017
LostInPie said:
<MAJOR SPOILERS>
DO NOT CONTINUES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SPOILED
From the recent manga chapters there is more to the lore of the story, and the plot (SPOILERS) the manga did went back to the time when civilisation still existed, when right before Chi and Yuu started their journey.
And in the newest one their vehicle finally broke down and the two started on foot, while traveling in higher levels of the city, so it indicates it is progressing, and will be ending soon.

Can not tell if you were meaning to troll or just miss-understand the flashback chapter..part of which was adapted in episode one.

In the flashback, readers see Chito at her granddad's place reading books,then being packed off with Yuuri,to escape from a battle.

A battle,which is just one of many,among the few surviving settlements left and nothing to do with the far far more ancient civilization.

The last released chapter '39' (and chapters are free to read over on the manga's official site) Chito has converted the kettenkrad into a hot tub of sorts,for reasons.

Oct 24, 2017 10:19 PM
Dec 2013
It's cute moe girls in a post apocalyptic setting with nice scenic shots of the world that once was, so any overarching narrative is done through visuals, characters just deal with there situation rather then contributing.
Oct 24, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2015
no, but I don't come here for the plot
Oct 27, 2017 9:09 AM
Nov 2016
4 eps in, I don't think this show actually needs a plot, it's doing a pretty good job of making us think about complex concepts like The futility of war, religion, the importance of memories and so on and so forth.
Oct 27, 2017 10:26 AM

Jul 2008
From what I've read from the manga it's not really the sort of story that has a clear "we have to go from point A to point B and do blank" type of plot. It seems to be more about posing questions for the reader to ponder, at least that's the feeling I get since for the most part we aren't given any real answers to anything along the way.
Nov 3, 2017 1:32 PM

Dec 2014
In short, anyone who actually looking for plot should just drop this anime.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 1, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2012
- It has no plot/story
- it has boring characters, and only two characters in most episodes
- I feel like going to sleep when I watch
- It is so boring, and noting happens in the episode that makes enjoy it.
- Has little content per episode. It has been better if they made the episode 12 min long and remove all the boring stuff.
- No idea how this simple/cheap anime is rated higher than shows that more complex plot, many characters, development, strategy like Shoukoku no Altair

Even Ousama Game and Evil or Live are far more enjoyable to watch that this show. A least, in Ousama game I see people getting brutally killed, people having sex, extreme drama, and also Natsuko sadist personify. I don't feel bored or sleepy when I watch it unlike this boring shit.

Dec 1, 2017 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
there is no plot here. plot is grossly overrated and only for the weak anyway
Dec 1, 2017 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
The art style is really... let's say, something you need getting used to? XD The background art and everything else is still very beautifully drawn.
Episodic doesn't mean bad. There are two girls, who try to survive in an abandoned world; they try to get along and deal with their situation etc... That's a great premise, if you asked me.
I like it, because I want to see the struggles they must face and how they deal with them. Also, they have an interesting and sometimes heartwarming dynamic there and besides the moe art style, I think, their behavior in certain situations is really realistic.
Dec 2, 2017 2:16 AM

Oct 2014
funny how people ask for a plot when the show is episodic.
(That means each episode has a plot/plots, depending on how many chapters they adapt, for people who don't get it.)

the big plot is the two girls travelling, surviving, while exploring ruins of (our) civilisation and discovering the true meaning behind various things and turn of events.
a SoL big plot that feels melancholic-ly bittersweet bcs the setting is post-apocalyptic.
People who don't get those when it's lied down so obviously in front of their eyes.... you should drop anime and go watch Marvel or DC movies, instead.
Dec 2, 2017 5:17 AM

Jan 2015
Basically a moe version of Texhnolyze
Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 2, 2017 5:19 AM

May 2015
thepath said:
- It has no plot/story
- Has little content per episode. It has been better if they made the episode 12 min long and remove all the boring stuff.
- No idea how this simple/cheap anime is rated higher than shows that more complex plot, many characters, development, strategy like Shoukoku no Altair

Even Ousama Game and Evil or Live are far more enjoyable to watch that this show. A least, in Ousama game I see people getting brutally killed, people having sex, extreme drama, and also Natsuko sadist personify. I don't feel bored or sleepy when I watch it unlike this boring shit.

This has got to be bait.

Dec 2, 2017 5:30 AM
Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
thepath said:
- It has no plot/story

This has got to be bait.
until I see Yuu mangling someone to death and Titus eating some ass that ain't bait
gone bai bai

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 24, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

92 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 24, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 22, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 17, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.