Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2017 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
Hiro is the kind of fanboy that will kill you if you don't like One Piece or another manga he likes....

All jokes aside, this episode was fucked up.
Oct 19, 2017 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
the people voicing the characters in the show arent seiyuu, but actors, so that's why they sound a little bit off. honestly the only one i find acceptable is chokko's actor, i dont really like the ones voicing shishigami and inuyashiki.

also idk how some of you can say shishigami isnt evil enough, like he literally killed an entire family and showed them no mercy, he didnt even regret his actions...if you think the current shishigami isnt evil enough then you are in for some good surprises that will come next...

ps: this episode and the chapters in the manga are supposed to make you feel extremely uncomfortable... honestly everything shishigami does is supposed to make you feel uneasy. i think he's an interesting evil character, but at the same time i hate him (a lot).
Oct 19, 2017 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
Would be really interesting if hiro liking gantz was the author saying yes fucked up people could be inspired by my manga.

Oct 19, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
franciu said:
honestly everything shishigami does is supposed to make you feel uneasy. i think he's an interesting evil character, but at the same time i hate him (a lot).

At same time he's pretty relatable in some ways, honestly how many cares about the suffering of people who they dont know? Not many, most would be sadder if one their fav fictional char dies... So his feelings are probably really familiar to many people.
Oct 19, 2017 1:47 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
derprume said:
kyoudai said:

Probably he figures that if he is ever caught, he can just kill the police or whoever. It's not like he's holding a gun in his hand that they can take away from him. And things like straight jackets probably would be totally useless, since he's probably got superhuman strength as well. So, I can understand that he might feel a little brazen.

I would still be cautious of military grade weapons that can eject strong EMP bursts or potent acids. At this rate he might fall flat on his face faster than Light did. Then again we don't know how much time has passed so who knows, maybe he did do his research.

Could be. Given his age, his decision-making abilities aren't fully developed, maybe he just really hasn't thought through any of it. Impulsively doing what seems fun or interesting or whatever also seems typical of a sociopath, which could be why sociopathic killers (is that redundant?) are almost always caught. And we're also talking about alien weapon technology, so perhaps they're impervious to EMP and acids. We could speculate all day.

thebrentinator24 said:
Also, Hiro's VA sounds exactly like Mamoru Miyano.

I also thought he sounded like Mamoru. I doubt he can sing as well, though. ;-)

AHM said:
okay, took me a bit to realize that the girl in Hiro's class is Inuyashiki's daughter. Interesting stuff, let's see how it'll develop further

Whoa, I totally missed that! Thanks for pointing it out. ^_^

I didn't think of it before, but Hiro reminds me a lot of Patrick Bateman, the main character of American Psycho. They both like to play with their prey. They see it as entertainment. As disturbing as this episode was, it's nothing compared to that book. It warped my mind for months after reading it.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 19, 2017 1:52 PM

Mar 2017
I know they are trying to make shishigami look menacing by he being so disconnected but he just came across as very boring
Oct 19, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
Swim_Swim said:
franciu said:
honestly everything shishigami does is supposed to make you feel uneasy. i think he's an interesting evil character, but at the same time i hate him (a lot).

At same time he's pretty relatable in some ways, honestly how many cares about the suffering of people who they dont know? Not many, most would be sadder if one their fav fictional char dies... So his feelings are probably really familiar to many people.

i agree, but his /extreme/ indifference to real people isnt... normal (i mean,... okay being aphathetic but he killed a whole family just like...that). like, his personality is really interesting and much more than just 'he's relatable because he doesnt care about other people like many of us'. he literally draws a HUGE line between people who are part of his cluster (chokko, his mother and other friends) and people who arent, but also might be part of it? hence why he asks the girl if she likes OP. maybe if she had followed his instructions he wouldnt have killed her, who knows. i cant say much more because that would be a spoiler, but more of why he acts in a certain way will be showed up in the next episodes.
Oct 19, 2017 2:04 PM

May 2015
Wow, this new guy is beyond sick.... And that's an understatement.

So I assume this is going to be like a hero VS the villain?

Anyway, great episode.

Oct 19, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
JESUS CHRIST. HOLY SHIT. That was really hard to watch. I don't like watching innocent people die being killed because, well, I'm not a god damn psychopath. If they're going to try to make this twisted fuck into a protagonist, that's probably never gonna work for me, I just need to see him die. God damn, I was not expecting this. I mean, it was good, but it wasn't pleasant.
Oct 19, 2017 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
I am liking this so far. There have been a few odd moments with the voice acting and animation but the irregularities are almost ... refreshing? I think Hiro's voice suits the character he's playing so far. And Inuyashiki sounds like a vulnerable old man rather than a husky one. The contrast and the conflict ... Looking forward to more!
Oct 19, 2017 2:09 PM
Jun 2016
This was so dark and disgusting...and I like it for some reason, it's got a nice contrast with someone crying to the other char at the end, but for different reasons.

I so can't wait till the next episode, dang I want to read the manga, but this is the kind of thing I don't want to spoil.
Oct 19, 2017 2:13 PM
Jun 2016
derprume said:
This Hiro guy, not very smart is he? He's like those serial killers who like to brag and leave behind evidence.

Maybe, but if your built like he is you might just think nothing can stop you so why care.
Oct 19, 2017 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good episode, felt a bit odd at times and voice acting is pretty bad but i guess the story will make up for the that and the meh animation at times.
Oct 19, 2017 2:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They are adapting this well. Not pulling any punches at all. They really showed the death of the family in all of its disturbing infamy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2016
So this episode was about how great One Piece is? 5/5 best episode of the year
Oct 19, 2017 2:26 PM

Aug 2016
Well, I guess every hero needs a villain. This villain is a realistic monster. Love it and am disturbed at the same time.
Oct 19, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 2017
Episode 1:

(Inuyashiki saves a life)

Inyuashiki:

Episode 2:

(Hiro kills an entire family)

Hiro:

--

I love the contrast between these two characters and how they both said "I feel alive" after using their new powers.
yaya-bxOct 19, 2017 2:37 PM

Oct 19, 2017 2:34 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Luke72 said:
I don't like watching innocent people die being killed because, well, I'm not a god damn psychopath.... I just need to see him die.

In other words, wanting to watch someone die is perfectly normal as long as that person isn't innocent, right?
Oct 19, 2017 2:47 PM
Aug 2014
wolfwing said:
derprume said:
This Hiro guy, not very smart is he? He's like those serial killers who like to brag and leave behind evidence.

Maybe, but if your built like he is you might just think nothing can stop you so why care.

The viewers know he possess alien technology, but he doesn't, so the possibility that it's human technology would still be on the table if he was smart about it. The possible existence of others like him who may be even stronger than he is, was a complete oversight. His lack of care for information gathering along with keeping the secret to himself, is what makes me think he is "stupid".
Oct 19, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
kyoudai said:
Luke72 said:
I don't like watching innocent people die being killed because, well, I'm not a god damn psychopath.... I just need to see him die.

In other words, wanting to watch someone die is perfectly normal as long as that person isn't innocent, right?

Okay, maybe that came out wrong. I don't like seeing ANYONE die in that horrible bloody way, but of course it makes it a lot more uncomfortable when that person is innocent, crying, begging for their life. If this guy died, of course it wouldn't be bloody, and he wouldn't be desperate, so it would probably be satisfying to me, because clearly it's better for this anime world (not relating to the plot) that this particular person (cyborg psychopath) dies. You're not one of these people who thought the bloody deaths in this episode were funny, are you?
Oct 19, 2017 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Baka_Debakar said:
GangsterCat said:
these voice actors are awful, especially our main chara inuyashiki and not-Kurono.

Totally agreed.

The voices appear to be intended not to sound perfect (thus non-professional VAs were chosen), for the sake of making them natural. It's due to the show having a realistic theme.

Oh well someone else already cited this in the thread, I noticed.
removed-userOct 19, 2017 3:17 PM
Oct 19, 2017 2:59 PM
Mar 2015
This episode may me remember why this is the only manga I have dropped. The violence was gratuitous and pointless. He only killed them because he happened to pick their door. He had already killed 8 people These were just a blip in an otherwise tedious day for hi
Oct 19, 2017 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
villain's voice feels more authentic, not like your typical seiyuu voice. I like it. villain's killing drive feels forced though. my score fell from 10 to 8. villain isn't fleshed out.
Oct 19, 2017 3:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, i knew what i was embarking since its the same mangaka as gantz but boi, that was intense and frustrating.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 19, 2017 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
landofthekwt said:
The violence was gratuitous and pointless. He only killed them because he happened to pick their door. He had already killed 8 people These were just a blip in an otherwise tedious day for hi

That's a dumb statement. And what '8' people he had killed? The ones in the car accident didn't necessarily die. Nor are these situations comparable. Killing from afar like that, vs. killing someone right next to you, watching them bleed and such is as different as having your food be prepared for you and preparing it yourself; you involve yourself much more. So this was very important for his characterization; if you knew of this difference, you'd have thought that he might not have been capable of doing the latter. (But you must've forgotten, ye? Or conveniently ignored...)
Oct 19, 2017 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm, well if they were strangers and I was that powerful I could definitely see myself be that indifferent haha.

The strange thing was I'm also a huge One Piece fan... lots of feels in that series.

Well anyways, there were a few very noticeably bad CGI in some scenes but otherwise it was a great episode.
Great way to reveal the series villain, the first victims we see was also great. Really sucks for the girl at the end though.

It was kinda frustrating and funny at the same time seeing our hero getting into his vehicle and taking him time getting there. Pretty sure in the OP he flies... Oh well, still a body full of mysterious for both of them.

I also like the conversation between the two childhood friends. Our villain says to his friend (the one skipping school) that he is a fan of Gantz, a series that has a bunch of senseless killings... And then he brings him to Ikebukuro and pulls pranks and enacts said "senseless killings" (not necessarily the collisions but also later when he is alone in a stranger's house).
duderusOct 19, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 19, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
Rehls said:
landofthekwt said:
The violence was gratuitous and pointless. He only killed them because he happened to pick their door. He had already killed 8 people These were just a blip in an otherwise tedious day for hi

That's a dumb statement. And what '8' people he had killed? The ones in the car accident didn't necessarily die. Nor are these situations comparable. Killing from afar like that, vs. killing someone right next to you, watching them bleed and such is as different as having your food be prepared for you and preparing it yourself; you involve yourself much more. So this was very important for his characterization; if you knew of this difference, you'd have thought that he might not have been capable of doing the latter. (But you must've forgotten, ye? Or conveniently ignored...)

When he was speaking with the friend at his house the guy mentioned to his friend that there was a mysterious slasher who killed 8 people and there had been no witness reports.

Oct 19, 2017 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
duderus said:
Rehls said:

When he was speaking with the friend at his house the guy mentioned to his friend that there was a mysterious slasher who killed 8 people and there had been no witness reports.

Oh my. So Hiro really can be so emotionless? Or is this due to the robotization? Because he just did some perfect acting for his friend, there... I couldn't believe it was him, then. His face was too undisturbed, when telling all that.

Besides many viewers not having thought it was him, telling and showing aren't the same thing.
Oct 19, 2017 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
The opening music reminds me of Linkin Park music, I like it so muuuuch.
Hmm, is this the first job for Hiro's seiyuu? He sounds awkward in some scenes.
Look at all that GANTZ merch lol And of course the "I saw someone jump in front of the train" is a reference to GANTZ as well.
I love how you are able to notice that the character is going to do something because he turns into 3D.
So, THAT is what happens when you give super powers to teen otakus. Pretty acurate. He gets hard when he kills people.

Go Inuyashiki, give this kid a little bit of education lol

Oct 19, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2015
Fun to see the violence. I wonder how many people are going to stop because of it. (I liked it.) I know it wasn't rape (since he is a asexual robot that likes only manga girls) and a lot of people don't like rape (even if no one is killed) and killing without rape is not that bad for some people.

But since that very young kid died and he did it leisurely and having fun ... some people might hate the anime because of that.

I thought it felt a bit too exaggerated - making it almost seem a bit funny to watch.

And I don't think the voice actors are bad. Only in that gaming anime last season (with the quiz club) 1 female voice actor was bad. Other than that I didn't have trouble in the anime I watched the last years. But she was horrible (even hated in Japan I think).
Oct 19, 2017 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
Love Gantz (mango)
This just keeps getting better, I've got such a cyberpunk excitement in muh pantz
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 19, 2017 3:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The moral of the story is to stay far away from One Piece fanboys lol.....Jesus Christ this kid is beyond fucked up
Oct 19, 2017 3:48 PM

May 2016
I hate that question mark in the episode count, since I promised myself I'll finish this one, no matter how bad this is (so I can have an informed opinion), but I'm not sure I can take it anymore.

After two eps, this show is painfully boring, looks expensive, yet somehow it's disgustingly ugly, character designs vary from stock to drawn with a rusty knife, the voice acting is worse than Maka from Soul Eater and a single interesting thing is yet to happen.
The obvious edgelord is a dullard, the grandpa is so useless I start to itch under my skin.

Fate/Apocrypha is lucky to run beside it, since it looks like a 7 show in comparison.

Oct 19, 2017 4:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Specimen021 said:
I hate that question mark in the episode count, since I promised myself I'll finish this one, no matter how bad this is (so I can have an informed opinion), but I'm not sure I can take it anymore.

For some reason MAL didnt updated it yet but its 11 episodes
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 19, 2017 4:05 PM

Feb 2016
well this was better than that first episode that were all over the place. Fuck that asshole, hope he gets what he deserves, sadly grandpa didn't manage to get in time...

I think I can get used to the voice acting, is not bad, but neither great
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 19, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2010
Considering I've read the manga, I expected to feel kinda bored as I usually am with such series but damn I was suckered right back in with the house killing scene.
Oct 19, 2017 4:25 PM

May 2015
Specimen021 said:

After two eps, this show is painfully boring, looks expensive, yet somehow it's disgustingly ugly, character designs vary from stock to drawn with a rusty knife, the voice acting is worse than Maka from Soul Eater and a single interesting thing is yet to happen.
The obvious edgelord is a dullard, the grandpa is so useless I start to itch under my skin.

Fate/Apocrypha is lucky to run beside it, since it looks like a 7 show in comparison.

Wow, talk about overreacting.

Oct 19, 2017 4:26 PM

Dec 2014
That was a little too morbid for my taste.
Oct 19, 2017 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
Rehls said:
duderus said:

Oh my. So Hiro really can be so emotionless? Or is this due to the robotization? Because he just did some perfect acting for his friend, there... I couldn't believe it was him, then. His face was too undisturbed, when telling all that.

Besides many viewers not having thought it was him, telling and showing aren't the same thing.

The "there had been no witness reports" was part of what he was saying.

As an aside, i do want to mention how I like how they (or him) describes the killer as a slasher.
He's killing them with an air pressure(?) gun and so the entry wound looks like a gun but to call it a slashing isn't unreasonable either.

Oct 19, 2017 4:28 PM

Aug 2012
HOLY SH!! That was a real psychopath.
Oct 19, 2017 4:30 PM

Oct 2012
Honestly this is the more "boring" part of the manga, which is the introduction phase. Things heat up later on, and considering they didn't pull many punches with this episode, there are going to be a few good scenes later on. Either next episode or the one after that is going to be really good. Even so, I think this was a pretty solid episode, The home invasion scene was legitimately hard to watch.

duderus said:
Rehls said:

The "there had been no witness reports" was part of what he was saying.

As an aside, i do want to mention how I like how they (or him) describes the killer as a slasher.
He's killing them with an air pressure(?) gun and so the entry wound looks like a gun but to call it a slashing isn't unreasonable either.

I mean, technically he was able to use his finger nail to cut that girls hand. It didn't really depict how he killed the other families but i assume he has experimented a little, though he seems to enjoy the finger pistol a lot.
FontSize72LOLOct 19, 2017 4:33 PM
Oct 19, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
So, we found someone, who is worse than Light, huh? o.o With the same look in his eyes and a similar appearance, kinda of. But I mean, he is believable in a disturbing way for his personality type / for the damn psychopath he is.
Oct 19, 2017 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
Maneki-Mew said:
So, we found someone, who is worse than Light, huh? o.o With the same look in his eyes and a similar appearance, kinda of. But I mean, he is believable in a disturbing way for his personality type / for the damn psychopath he is.

Well according to Film Theory after they crunched some numbers Light killed at least 279,024 people (without taking into account if they were all truly guilty. Btw that totals over 11,000 innocent deaths)... but he also technically saved some 600,000 people per year in his reign of terror.

Oct 19, 2017 4:49 PM

Feb 2009
Maaaan this show is something else lol imma keep watching
Oct 19, 2017 5:00 PM

Sep 2015
Dam rip that family.
Oct 19, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2014
Wow. The antagonist is truly evil... and a one piece fan??
Another great episode, can't wait to see Inuyashiki kick the poop out Hiro.
Oct 19, 2017 5:09 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Luke72 said:
kyoudai said:

Okay, maybe that came out wrong. I don't like seeing ANYONE die in that horrible bloody way, but of course it makes it a lot more uncomfortable when that person is innocent, crying, begging for their life. If this guy died, of course it wouldn't be bloody, and he wouldn't be desperate, so it would probably be satisfying to me, because clearly it's better for this anime world (not relating to the plot) that this particular person (cyborg psychopath) dies. You're not one of these people who thought the bloody deaths in this episode were funny, are you?

Yeah, I get you. Kind of a mental exercise, I guess... "What if you think the person is innocent, but they aren't? What if you think they aren't, but they are?" I started thinking along those lines and had to respond... Wasn't actually trying to troll you, but to get your thoughts on it. And, no, I didn't think they were funny at all. I say that I have only so much empathy available and I choose to give it to real people instead of fictional ones, but this episode really tested the truth of that. I almost had to stop watching when the father died and slumped forward.
Oct 19, 2017 5:11 PM
Jul 2014
That was incredibly disturbing and tough to watch. I can't say the anime didn't do a damn good job with the second half of the episode though, but my god...
Oct 19, 2017 5:18 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Maneki-Mew said:

Definitely worse. Light, for better or worse, started out by following his own sense of justice and sticking to it, however misguided it might have been. Light had integrity, even if nothing else. Hiro, on the other hand, kills for entertainment, for the thrill, to feel alive.
Oct 19, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
phantomfandom said:
I think the villain is not evil enough, if he's gonna kill the kid he has to give that kid a hope first and then kill him like Caster from Fate/Zero. Overall I'm disappoint in the villain's insufficient evil but I'll continue to watch just in case there's more evil villain than him.

He wasn't trying to meticulously cause the most suffering, he was just fucking around and aimlessly asserting his dominance over the world around him. Debatably more evil because there's no rhyme or reason to his antics, and he shows no signs of having any conscience at all. Just a raw psychopath.

You just wanted to watch that fate/zero scene again because you thought it was cool and now you're whining because you didn't get to see it.
ghoulcustomerOct 19, 2017 5:50 PM
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

393 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 21, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.