Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2017 1:17 PM
Nov 2016
I don't know how the show will progress but I am kinda enjoying this right now.

Eita and Mio have pretty good chemistry.
Oct 20, 2017 1:22 PM

Feb 2015
Very slow episode for a group of teenagers tgey do seem a sullen bunch at times. Im still intrested to see where this goes.
Oct 20, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Souma's performance was sublime, particularly his encounter with Morikawa's dog. Although his tolerance of dogs is low, he more than makes up for it in stamina.

Komiya was (at least) equally amusing, definitely more so than the overly uptight ex-student council president. I like Komiya's outgoing nature and sincere attitude, as opposed to her friend's curious mixture of reservedness and disbelief. Natsume certainly enjoys overcomplicating things.

Although, it would not be as intriguing any other way.
Oct 20, 2017 2:52 PM

Jun 2017
I really dig this show so far, Ena keeps growing on me a lot.
Oct 20, 2017 3:01 PM

May 2015
Enjoyable episode mostly, but gotta say that it had some really boring moments this time. A little bit too slow for my taste. Episode felt long to me as a result.

Oct 20, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2015
Really liking the soundtrack + the tiny details to everything (photographer girl's Anello bag is cute). Main downside is how vanilla the plot + characters are.
~
Oct 20, 2017 9:40 PM

May 2017
An enjoyable episode, more and more info about each character and now the main plot (romance) and subplot (life) are clearly showed;

Izumi is surely still fell for Natsume and yes you said "it was all in the past now", btw he know nothing about his life even though he got recommendation.
Natsume is absolutely still feeling for Haruto, but Haruto thought Izumi and Natsume getting along this is obviously a booby trap.
About Morikawa, it was hinted that her family condition will be in the way, maybe she will go AWOL to pursuit her interest in music.
Good to finally see Ena in action tho.

So, 3 episodes and they still stick to their slow pace, guess EP 10-12 will be an emotional roller coaster.
Oct 20, 2017 10:03 PM
Oct 2017
Love Love Everywhere, I ship THEM!!! <3
Haruto-kun x Morikasa-san <3 <3
Oct 20, 2017 10:07 PM

Aug 2016
I have a great curiosity to know how our protagonist will fall in love with Ena Komiya (I hope to be right).

Good episode.
4/5
Oct 20, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
It was a good episode.

Laughed hard at the dog scene lmao

I wonder who that tomboy is in love with. And Mio too

I love Komiya moments. She's fun to watch.
Oct 20, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2015
I know how Haruto felt, as I am very scared of dogs too.

I always feared if any dog came close to me, afraid that they might attack and bite me.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 21, 2017 12:56 AM

Mar 2009
SJ7izm said:
I think Yoriko's crush is Morikawa. Unfortunately, the girl with the crush on another girl always gets screwed over, so if this is true then that means I'm just gonna have to watch her get hurt in the end.

Even if she loves the guy she's trying to hook her up with, I don't wanna see this character in pain. Lol.

Same here. She's pretty cute. Poor girl might get her heart broken.
Oct 21, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2015
Morikawa and Souma are such a lovable duo, that fear to doggos feelsbadman.
Oct 21, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2011
This is so slow for a 1-cour series... I may forgive this if this is 2-cour but I feel like the ending will be a disappointment, which I hope it won't.

Oct 21, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
SJ7izm said:
I think Yoriko's crush is Morikawa.

I had the same feeling! I am glad it was not just me...
Guess Morikawa also likes Haruto but it's dense like him...
Natsume is good girl, she should have confessed...
Oct 21, 2017 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
Show feels good but all that "LINE LINE ID CREATE LINE GROUP LINE LINE LINE ID" unsettles me. Might go very wrong at the end.
Oct 21, 2017 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
I realized multiple times this episode that I was spacing out. Not a bad anime, but this it's gonna be a drop after this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
I actually really like the pacing for this show, but it worries me that it's only 12 episodes.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 21, 2017 7:15 PM
Mar 2017
"ugh, dad undies" made my day.

and after Haruto make that face i totally lose it.

that kind of things was unexpected from what i thought initially when i start the series.
Oct 21, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
I love the atmosphere of this show.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 21, 2017 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, still interested to see what kind of drama there will be. Nothing major yet.
Oct 21, 2017 9:27 PM

May 2016
Someone gotta do a ship pairing summary,
Coz all i see so far is sinking ships or ships with holes
Oct 22, 2017 8:07 AM
Mar 2012
Ena's like all the fun & tolerable parts of Haruhi.
I like how the groups are intercut & related by Haruto's bike trip.
Dog & stuff feels quite detailed.
Oct 23, 2017 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder how many pictures those two photo club guys have of her... Lots of interesting interactions, expressions, and reactions this episode, was entertaining as heck to watch, and in my opinion, definitely the best episode so far in my opinion... this anime is gonna hurt me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 23, 2017 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
The visuals of this show is really somethin'!
LOL Haruto is not good with dogs! it must have been hurt to see your own dignity fall down because of ust a little dog! Beagle?
I think Komiya is being a nuisance to Eita...
4/5.

Oct 23, 2017 3:04 PM
Nov 2015
i think the episode was ok..

the subs were confusing, im really disappointed. stopped halfway through :/

did anyone have decent subs? please share
Oct 23, 2017 4:28 PM
Oct 2017
I ship izumi x mio!!!
Fighting izumi!!!!

They are more interesting and emotional relationship
Oct 23, 2017 7:59 PM
Mar 2016
look like Izumi and Natsume most sacrifice themself for Soma

Natsume, even she like Soma since Middle School but she still want to help Soma close to Morikawa
Izumi, even he like Natsume and know Natsume like Soma, but he didnt want ruin his Friendship with soma, press his Ego and wanna help Natsume, and Help Soma too

Salute for You Izumi Eita
Oct 23, 2017 8:24 PM

Aug 2012
-oh boy is it a komiya episode
-she's so fuckin adorable, and that old lady looks fuckin scared to death
-oh so haruto's dad just passed away, he doesn't have 2 moms
-all the photo club goons are pretty eccentric
-did i wander into sound euphonium somehow
-i'm slowly realizing that the only character worth watching this show for is the komiya girl
-well natsume's constant entrance exams excuse is actually kinda endearing after a while
-oh hey it's the other irrelevant baseball club goons who didn't appear in episode 2
-seems like this episode is focused on perseverance or the lack thereof
-haruto got a little too into that biking sequence
-rip his chances with morikawa
-i fuckin love komiya

So what I got from this episode, pretty much, is that the only characters worth watching for were Komiya, the other photo club goons, maybe Morikawa's siblings, and maybe Natsume. The rest of them are actually not too interesting in the long run, and it's only episode 3, which is kinda concerning. Maybe some things will change as the show goes on but it's not really gripping me too tightly.
Oct 24, 2017 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
Poor Haruto. Hope he can overcome his fear of dogs :)

This was a Ok episode ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 24, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2017
Natsume still annoying, moping as always, she doesn't confess yet she doesn't even do anything at all or try
Oct 25, 2017 5:17 PM

Feb 2017
This anime has really grown on me. All of the characters feel really real and likeable.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 26, 2017 4:38 PM

Feb 2010
I just love the pacing. Everything feels authentic, like real relationships between late teens on the verge of adulthood. The apathy, the regrets, the fears, the enthusiasm, the worries and aimlessness all come through brilliantly.

I honestly can't understand why people think this is still the introduction phase for the characters and their relationships. Their relationships <i>are</i> the point of the series, not some external drama. Izumi returning <i>is</i> what shakes things up and reawakens regrets and shifts the status quo, getting the ball rolling for all involved. That's just how human relationships develop, and the show depicts that very well.

Haruto has (re)gained a close confidant and good friend in Eita, allowing him to be more like himself and talk about his feelings with somebody outside the normal class/school hierarchy, somebody who doesn't have preconceived notions. We already know that Morikawa is a bit of a wallflower at school and having trouble to really express herself. She's never even gone out with folks before and her family situation made her put others before her own desires for a long time. She's caring, but not assertive.
Natsume is unfocused and even more so because of Eita's return, with old troubles dragged up. She's indecisive and hesitant but Eita knowing about her circumstances from way back when forces her to change gears before long and take some sort of action or live with regrets all her life.

I also loved how they managed to thread in the future question naturally throughout the episode. Yoriko has a talk about it with Morikawa due to the sheet music and we hear Morikawa again not sticking up for herself and basically giving up on her dream because of what is expected of her. I was surprised that she even said she'd be moving out for college at all, seeing how vital she is to her family. Haruto meanwhile just goes straight to work with little ambition in the long run. He makes a joke, but who knows how much of that was actually something he'd like to be doing or just said to confound Eita.
Eita meanwhile is apathetic and aimless, studying because it is expected of him and a life of moving so much has made him reluctant to form bonds anymore. His future kinda depends on the coming months and how his relationships with Haruto, Natsume and co develop from here on out, because that's the only thing that'll be able to nudge him out of his hole and make him care for himself again as well.
Komiya meanwhile is just crazy about photography and I don't think she'd consider anything else for her future. She's the character that still holds on to a dream and the enthusiasm resonates. All of them are going to impact each other with their own unique positions.

There's a lot of depth here, even in the comedy. And thankfully this isn't cringeworthy anime-trope comedy, but relatable stuff that happens in reality between friends. That level of authenticity alone is pleasant to watch, especially as you grow older and recognize situations from your own lived experience. I can clearly see why teens wouldn't like a series like this, still being in the thick of that stage, but with age you realize that moments like these, without enforced drama from outside, are very precious and have a massive impact on your life afterwards. It makes you nostalgic and reminisce about your own choices and even regrets, which makes it easy to relate to the cast.
Oct 27, 2017 12:57 PM

Mar 2017
It's difficult to tell who likes who...the first 3 episodes are really slow going. But I have a feeling it will be a great series like other similar ones.
The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off.
Oct 27, 2017 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
Fuck I know I should not SHIP Izumi and Komiya because I know it's a ship that will sink...BUT GOD DAMN KOMIYA IS BEST GIRL!!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 30, 2017 2:40 PM
Sep 2015
As a guy that hates dogs, I know the struggle of Haruto.
That girl from the photography club finally got the transfer student's LINE (even though he refused to be part of the competition)

DatRandomDude said:
Outside of the subtitles being ass with the LINE's scenes, that was another really good episode.

Agree, you had to read those from down to up lol
Nov 9, 2017 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
Izumi has surely negative attitute (mainly in front of Mio), I wonder why that is. He's starting to get a bit annoying with that I hope it's only temporary (I understand he probably just don't want to get close to anyone now that the schooll is three months and over when he would have to say goodbye again but still... did anything happen to him while on that different school?)

Also, I'm starting seeing some polygonal lines now, would be pretty interesting from now on.
Nov 27, 2017 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
"Bad, Kevin" LMFAO!

Komiya is an absolute riot.

I also somehow got the impression that Natsume was looking for Izumi in middle school, and Izumi just massively misunderstood.

SoraSenpai said:
Fuck I know I should not SHIP Izumi and Komiya because I know it's a ship that will sink...BUT GOD DAMN KOMIYA IS BEST GIRL!!!!!

There's still the Komiya x Izumi + Haruto x Natsume + Morikawa x foreveralone/hercareer/whatever route. In fact, based on their interests so far, this is the most likely.

The only one I'm wondering about is wildcard Yoriko.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 11, 2017 4:11 AM
Dec 2012
This face though.

Dec 22, 2017 6:57 AM
Nov 2010
Haruto, hilarious. Ena, cutee. Izumi, still boring.
Dec 28, 2017 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
This anime feels like my life.

Good episode anyway, I am loving the atmosphere.
Dec 30, 2017 4:31 AM
Nov 2015
Honestly, I don't really mind the slow pace of the previous episodes. Kinda felt sad that Eita rejected the request of Ena of having the photos entered in the competition. Either way, I'm sure it'll end up in the competition. Well, I'm glad that she got the contact of Eita.

Nice to see some development between Eita and Mio. Wonder how things will progress as well for Haruto and Morikawa. Funny how he got scared and scremed from Morikawa's dog. I'm sure Morikawa find it funny as well. Hope there'll be a part in the next episodes where Haruto's gonna overcome his fears by doing his "dog training"

Jan 4, 2018 7:18 AM

Dec 2012
We start off with best girl.
lol at the old person right there.
lol at the Merry Christmas.
Oh, so her parents are alive. lol
Ena oppai. legs.
The dogs name is Kevin.
lol at Ena and Eita.
lol at Ena and Eita again.
lol at Haruto's climax.
lol at Ena behind Eita.

Loving the Ena and Eita moments. I shipped it from day 1.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 20, 2018 5:20 PM

May 2012
Slow yet steady progression, let's see what's next!
Jun 10, 2019 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
Natsume totally used Komiya for a date with Izumi lol. That was kinda cute, especially how she rejected when Komiya asked if they were dating.

I really like Hasuki's character. She's so gentle and kind. Haruto really is working his arse off to get her affection, huh?

Three episodes in and I'm still not a fan of the animation. As for the story itself, it was okay.
Nov 12, 2020 7:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Haruto, romance is hard for him, and I understand him, I dislike dogs too xD
Jan 5, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2020
The picture of Eita throwing a baseball looks cool
Feb 15, 2021 1:19 AM
Apr 2017
Good development here.
Aug 6, 2022 11:31 PM

Jul 2021
Pretty good episode and a funny one as well, laughed audibly a couple times.

I'm loving the atmosphere this anime has created in these 3 episodes. Tense a little anxious but also calm at times. This is what I want from my high school animes.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 16, 2022 1:10 PM

Mar 2019
That picture does look very nice. I'm just waiting for the love between Natsume and Eita to appear. Please don't tell me Komiya is going to be a part of the love triangle!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by OtsuksRiinko29 »»
Apr 3, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.