Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2017 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kaneki just wanted to see Touka again ;_;

Damn.
Also for some reason, that fictional tournament about "Kaneki vs. Suzuya" gave me a good laugh.
Oct 7, 2017 3:33 AM

Jun 2013
So which one turned out to be the hisoka hahaha
Oct 7, 2017 3:42 AM

Jul 2016
somebody explain.. what the hell just happened? he ate the oggai? like he was supposed to? so this is all furuta's plan? WTF! and what the hell is that gory thing? kaneki?
arjupgOct 7, 2017 3:48 AM
Oct 7, 2017 3:48 AM

May 2013
arjupg said:
somebody explain.. what the hell just happened? he ate the oggai? like he was supposed to? so this is all furuta's plan? WTF! anf=d what is that gory thing? kaneki?

Yeah, he ate the oggai, the investigators and probably fucking Furuta.

Oct 7, 2017 3:53 AM

Sep 2011
Idk what the fuck I just read but I Guess he ate http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Oggai and is now eating everything...? Okay then.
Oct 7, 2017 3:55 AM

Jul 2016
well i re read.. and i think his kangune too ate some.. and his kagune itself is human flesh..
arjupgOct 7, 2017 4:02 AM
Oct 7, 2017 4:01 AM
Mar 2011
that's one sick human centipede .
Oct 7, 2017 4:08 AM

Oct 2015
Looked like Kaneki was Furuta final plan to create the dragon. Considering the amount he ate... there no way he can remain sane. The inner thought was a nice touch and damn he really want to see Touka badly.

A centipede that become a dragon, that a fearsome combination of ghouls and humans. Jesus Ishida jebaited everyone on 143 and just fuck furuta at 144 lol.
Oct 7, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2011
Don't question it, just accept it.
Oct 7, 2017 4:11 AM
Dec 2016
Don't f*** with me Ishida. If anyone remembers the ed of the EVA series, here Shinji had that whole debate within himself, this is the kind of thing that was going on right now. But at least Kaneki managed to escape it? Maybe?

Is he full Kakuja now, looks like he has an Eto or Nishimura Owl Form now?

Next time dammit, don't leave us hanging Ishida.
Oct 7, 2017 4:13 AM

Sep 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Don't question it, just accept it.

It's what i've learnt to do while reading this series tbh

"Even if your soul disappears, your wishes and curses remain in this world."
Oct 7, 2017 4:14 AM

Nov 2016
Ishida, I fucking hate/love you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 4:16 AM

Aug 2016
So that was Furutas plan all along? What a mad man... brilliant

But yeah, Re continous in the next issue so no part 3 for now let's see how this goes on with Big Ken now being that big ass tool of destruction...

Also really liked the Kaneki Gang therapy conversation
GreeenSpongeOct 7, 2017 4:38 AM
Oct 7, 2017 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
For anyone that's confused, Kaneki ate the Oggai who contain high concentrations of RC cells, and as a result is going insane and forming a massive kakuja, becoming the Dragon Furuta talked about, completing his plan to create a common enemy for ghouls and humans. Which is pretty creepy if you think about it, Furuta has essentially planned Kaneki's life from start to where he is right now. But at least he's still alive.

But anyway, this chapter was brilliant. My favourite chapters are always about Kaneki's inner monologues, taking a look into his psychology and this chapter executed that aspect perfectly, as well as showing how much he's changed over the course of the series. It was also pretty funny, and I love how it essentially responds to the reactions made by people in last weeks chapter. The stuff after that was crazy, but intentionally so, I can't wait to see what happens. I'm thinking Touka or Hide are gonna have to bring Kaneki back to normal.

Edit: I can already see the people complaining this is an asspull, it was foreshadowed brilliantly, and for quite a while now, so I think it's fine.
http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/101/3797/5
removed-userOct 7, 2017 4:33 AM
Oct 7, 2017 4:30 AM

May 2016
So it was probably all along Furuta's plan to fed the Oggai to Ken to turn him into a Dragon or something seriously alot of people I thought this was the last chapter I guess all of them were wrong, well next chapter gonna be really interesting if it's focused aroun Ken not the others.
And one last thing does anyone know what was written in the last page with only A letters?
Oct 7, 2017 4:32 AM

Sep 2014
So Kaneki was dragon after all. And Kaneki lost because Hanbee acted reckless to get in a solid hit, not because of outside interference. I'm still okay with the events of last chapter, hoping the people that hated last week come around a little after this. Most of my predictions regarding the end game of :re ended up being wrong though.

Seeing all the Kaneki's interact was a lot of fun. Black Reaper is savage as fuck, kinda wish we'd seen more of him interacting with the other characters while he was in control, like Akira or Saiko. Haise and Kuro are both adorable. Poor 240 screamed harder once Anteiku was brought up. I'm on mobile, so the last few pages were pretty difficult to read, but Kaneki's full kakuja looks fucking insane and disgusting. Furuta got bodied, it looks like. He won't be dead yet, but I don't think he plans on surviving Ken's rampage either.

Seeing Kaneki solidify his resolve and start killing humans as indiscriminately as he kills ghouls is a huge step forward, but it's still really disturbing to watch him murder dozens of children. I'm very curious how the other characters will react to this. How will Touka and Hinami feel seeing Ken slaughter like this for their sake? If Ken is meant to be the villain Furuta wanted to create that would unite ghouls and humans, then I'm worried Ken will end up being killed in the final chapters of the series after all. Urie has had a tonne of knight imagery. A lot of medieval stories involve the knight slaying the dragon. That would also foil Furuta's plan, seeing as he didn't want Urie to get involved.

Hide and Marude are also presumably wild cards that Furuta wasn't expecting. Hide's faction is probably going to be a deciding factor in how this turns out, but I also wonder if Furuta would've expected Kaneki to contact the underground OEK. Maybe Hide's faction and the Underground OEK faction are the two groups that will unite against Ken? I remember someone on another site actually pointed out there's been a symbol shown with Hide, Scarecrow, and the Underground ghouls that attacked Ayato. They may already be linked.

Ishida's doing a very good job with setting things up clearly while still leaving a lot of different story options open. The Kaneki dragon reveal has been heavily predicted and set up for example, but people (myself included) still thought Shirazu and others were an option.
Oct 7, 2017 4:42 AM

Jul 2016
fullmetal-ghoul said:
For anyone that's confused, Kaneki ate the Oggai who contain high concentrations of RC cells, and as a result is going insane and forming a massive kakuja, becoming the Dragon Furuta talked about, completing his plan to create a common enemy for ghouls and humans. Which is pretty creepy if you think about it, Furuta has essentially planned Kaneki's life from start to where he is right now. But at least he's still alive.

But anyway, this chapter was brilliant. My favourite chapters are always about Kaneki's inner monologues, taking a look into his psychology and this chapter executed that aspect perfectly, as well as showing how much he's changed over the course of the series. It was also pretty funny, and I love how it essentially responds to the reactions made by people in last weeks chapter. The stuff after that was crazy, but intentionally so, I can't wait to see what happens. I'm thinking Touka or Hide are gonna have to bring Kaneki back to normal.

Edit: I can already see the people complaining this is an asspull, it was foreshadowed brilliantly, and for quite a while now, so I think it's fine.

so does that mean ghouls and humans are gonna unite to fight of the so called "dragon"? and if that was furuta's plan then that makes him the batman.. that a load of crap dont u think..
Oct 7, 2017 4:44 AM

Oct 2013
http://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/101/3797/9

Is that what he meant by "playing with the kids"?

Great chapter.

I still cant believe everything from the beginning of TG was Furuta's plan.
Thank you Ishida for this masterpiece,patiently waiting to see where you're gonna take the whole Kaneki is everyone's enemy thing.
The one who wants humans and ghouls to cooexist,becomes their worst enemy instead.
Taimanin_IreliaOct 7, 2017 5:01 AM
Oct 7, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2016
I thought this is the last chapter but there still a next issue, so was that, "end credits" on last weeks last page a translation error

That psychological conversations of different personas of kaneki is savage af.

F—inally!!! the full kakuja is on, and its really a dragon as said by furuta, wanna see the full body. I don't know if he could return sane after this. Kaneki perishes, omfg
Oct 7, 2017 4:54 AM

Dec 2016
Here to eat my words after what I said bout last chapter lol

Looks like it's not over and Kaneki is technically not dead.... yet.
Oct 7, 2017 4:54 AM

Mar 2014
Great chapter even though it's quite strange. I loved how all of Kaneki's experiences and memories pictured as different personas were talking and arguing, each one quite different from the other but underneath it all the same. It was nice to get a glimpse into Kaneki's psyche once again. Furuta's plan was creepy af, I'm not sure if and how Kaneki is going to recover his form and sanity after this.
Oct 7, 2017 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
arjupg said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

so does that mean ghouls and humans are gonna unite to fight of the so called "dragon"? and if that was furuta's plan then that makes him the batman.. that a load of crap dont u think..

Not really, it was foreshadowed that Furuta's ultimate goal was peace by creating a common enemy for ghouls and humans, and calling something crap before we've seen the result is impulsive and irrational.
Oct 7, 2017 5:01 AM

Aug 2010
I lmao'd way too many times this chp. The inner kaneki meeting and Post Haise Reaper Kaneki saying "How dare u sit" to centipede Shironeki was so damn hilarious

Centipede Dragon Kaneki incoming. I'm hype
Oct 7, 2017 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
fullmetal-ghoul said:
arjupg said:

Not really, it was foreshadowed that Furuta's ultimate goal was peace by creating a common enemy for ghouls and humans, and calling something crap before we've seen the result is impulsive and irrational.

For me,i cant believe that Furuta's plan is peace.
There has to be more than that to it.
Oct 7, 2017 5:02 AM

Aug 2010
No Sasako 0/10 chp
Oct 7, 2017 5:04 AM
May 2017
I can see the smile right to my face (: , damn this chapter was perfect, and also i have good feeling about kaneki
Oct 7, 2017 5:08 AM

Jul 2016
fullmetal-ghoul said:
arjupg said:

so kaneki will be the sacrifice for the sake of it. I just hope he will still be save, kaneki suffers a lot, been sacrificed, grief for the deaths of people he cares, so at least let I want him have a happy time with his baby and Touka, even though just a little. And the thing that will just made him killed later on is deterioration of his health like arima's health condition.
Oct 7, 2017 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
It was also nice being right in regards to 143 being a stepping stone to further Kaneki's development. Hopefully the hate will stop/fall now, and people will learn to stop impulsively hating on the series after a single chapter.

Also, if anyone who could've have seen through Furuta's plan it's Hide. Here's hoping my boy has a plan.

FrozenRemains said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

For me,i cant believe that Furuta's plan is peace.
There has to be more than that to it.

He's a really mysterious character, we'll see but I remember him saying his goal was "super peace", and there's a real possibility he died in this chapter.

cronoSpirA said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

so kaneki will be the sacrifice for the sake of it. I just hope he will still be save, kaneki suffers a lot, been sacrificed, grief for the deaths of people he cares, so at least let I want him have a happy time with his baby and Touka, even though just a little. And the thing that will just made him killed later on is deterioration of his health like arima's health condition.

Agreed, if there's one character who deserves a happy ending its Kaneki, hopefully he will calm down, Hide might have plan.

But his health should actually improve now, if you recall, Nishiki told Kaneki he's need to consume a large amount of RC cells to help his stop his rapid ageing, and look what just happened in this chapter.

removed-userOct 7, 2017 5:16 AM
Oct 7, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
Did Furuta just die?
Oct 7, 2017 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
O

MY

MULTIPLE

KANEKIS
Oct 7, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2014
So Furuta's plan was to create a common enemy for ghouls and humans using Kaneki for that. Didn't see that coming. I wonder if he survived though at the end. After this chapter, I'm starting to have doubts for a new manga series lol
Oct 7, 2017 5:25 AM

Dec 2015
Mostly Everyone in the fandom, during chapter 143

HAHA!

Ishida really knows how to suspense us. LOL!
This chapter is so bizarre! haha! but I like the inner conflicts he had with himselfs.
I also find it adorable when the many kaneki's started saying "Me too"
So this chapter isn't the last...?

QueenSapphireOct 7, 2017 5:29 AM
Oct 7, 2017 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
Ok this is better than Kaneki getting killed for the sake of parallel and at least Ishida acknowledged the current Kaneki was bad.

The pages with Kaneki's multiple personalities was brilliant. I cracked up when Associate Special class Kaneki told number to 240 to go back to cochlea.
Z4KOct 7, 2017 5:30 AM
Oct 7, 2017 5:31 AM

Apr 2015
This chapter was madness. :O

Kaneki just wanted to see her again...

Ishida now I don't hate you. :)
Oct 7, 2017 5:56 AM

Jul 2016
@fullmetal-ghoul I just hope Hide alrealreadysdy saw furuta's plan, and he already had prepared a counter plan fo it. Waiting to see him and Amon moving now to turned over the situation. *crossfingers*

QueenSapphire said:
Mostly Everyone in the fandom, during chapter 143

HAHA!

Ishida really knows how to suspense us. LOL!
This chapter is so bizarre! haha! but I like the inner conflicts he had with himselfs.
I also find it adorable when the many kaneki's started saying "Me too"
So this chapter isn't the last...?

I wonder if that page is intended by ishida-sensei to be like that based on the reactions of the readers xD cause I can clearly imagined those words came from shocked reactions of readers, lmao xD
cronoSpirAOct 7, 2017 6:02 AM
Oct 7, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2016
loli_a_ravioli said:
O

MY

MULTIPLE

KANEKIS
ya! i was thinking.. whta did that meant?
Oct 7, 2017 6:04 AM

Apr 2013
Kaneki wont let himself get Offscreened that easily lol
DelusionalUzumeOct 7, 2017 6:10 AM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 7, 2017 6:04 AM
Aug 2017
cronoSpirA said:
I thought this is the last chapter but there still a next issue, so was that, "end credits" on last weeks last page a translation error

That psychological conversations of different personas of kaneki is savage af.

F—inally!!! the full kakuja is on, and its really a dragon as said by furuta, wanna see the full body. I don't know if he could return sane after this. Kaneki perishes, omfg

LOL, the "end credits" is a trap lay by Ishida.
Oct 7, 2017 6:06 AM

Nov 2014
WHAT A FUCKING CHAPTER!!!

Honestly didn't know what to think of the last chapter, but this chapter just made me love it!!! Which means this current chapter was fucking awesome!!! Loved going into the mind of all the Kaneki's in his head, and seeing Furuta's SUPER PEACE plan come to fruition(or so it seems) Fuck me am I hyped!!!
Oct 7, 2017 6:10 AM

Jul 2016
arjupg said:
loli_a_ravioli said:
O

MY

MULTIPLE

KANEKIS
ya! i was thinking.. whta did that meant?
its about his intrapersonal conflicting thoughts represented by his different persona's, he's thinking what should he do about the situation his in, persona conversation already happened in the past like the recent, haise and whitehaired kid kaneki conversation before he turned into black reaper.

So its nothing new, its just shocking we get all the personas at once. At first read, I thought I'm reading an omake or something xD because I thought its the last chapter. But I got shocked its the conflicting conversation with his personas again.
cronoSpirAOct 7, 2017 4:32 PM
Oct 7, 2017 6:13 AM

May 2012
That was a rollercoaster.

Honestly, the conversation with himself was pretty entertaining. Pondering on what ifs, but in the end, he just went for it as always. Still, I'm confused as to how he even managed to do that when he was pretty much surrounded. I guess it's possible that they left their guard down or something.

Anyway, that grotesque kakuja, man... Wonder how much more powerful and unstable Kaneki is now that he ate all the one-eyes.

Oct 7, 2017 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
What a beautiful chapter.

So Kaneki was the Dragon after all.Furuta planned for the Oggai to be eaten by Kaneki. So this raises the question.Does Furuta want the birdcage to be destroyed in his own twisted way?

So I feel Ishida is going the Common enemy path of Code Geass.

So I feel Original One eyed Ghoul,Goat,CCG and ultimately Kaneki and Touka's child will be his enemy.

And one thing becomes clear.The original one-eyed Ghoul also developed a city like Kagune by eating like Kaneki.

And we know that Kaneki has completely discarded his morality by eating humans this is a huge happening.

Overall,this chapter receives full 10/10 from me.
Arjuna777Oct 7, 2017 7:10 AM

Oct 7, 2017 6:23 AM

Dec 2015
That was interesting, all the Kanekis talking with each other, offering their opinions and fighting which one was right. Touka is the most important to all of them in the end!!

I wonder if we'll have more triggered fujoshis after this xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 7, 2017 6:44 AM

Nov 2014
Olem said:
That was a rollercoaster.

Honestly, the conversation with himself was pretty entertaining. Pondering on what ifs, but in the end, he just went for it as always. Still, I'm confused as to how he even managed to do that when he was pretty much surrounded. I guess it's possible that they left their guard down or something.

Anyway, that grotesque kakuja, man... Wonder how much more powerful and unstable Kaneki is now that he ate all the one-eyes.

1)I imagine he was able to do that because he ate part of Hajime's face, allowing him to bring out his kagune.

2)The Oggai panicked and were confused on whether or not to follow Furuta's order of capturing Kaneki instead of killing him

3)He probably ate them one by one as he killed, so he'd just get stronger as more of the Oggai were deffeated
Oct 7, 2017 6:47 AM

Jun 2016
Once again Kaneki goes out of control and he's turned Dragon. Another Zero Requiem in the making it seems.

Still gotta hand it to Furuta...he was brilliant in planning all this and Ishida Sui for making it believable by planting clues about his goal all the way back at Chapter 101 on page 5
Izuru_Kamukura10Oct 7, 2017 7:08 AM
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 7, 2017 6:49 AM
Apr 2014
I liked the multiple Kanekis inside his head, maybe should've added the Tokyo nugget to the Kaneki versions talking.
This chapter went exactly as stated by Furuta in chapter 101.
Hunter x Hunter chapter 351 -357 (spoilers) similarities with this chapter:
Drake1000Oct 7, 2017 10:53 AM
Oct 7, 2017 7:23 AM
Apr 2016
Kaneki's Kakuja looked like the Huge one underground that ayato found the previous king
Oct 7, 2017 7:51 AM

Jul 2010
Thank fucking god Kaneki is still fighting.
I was scared for Hinami, Touka, and her baby after last week's chapter.

I just hope the escaping non-combatants won't get captured and tortured or something.
Oct 7, 2017 8:02 AM

Oct 2014
All you crybabies bitching about the last chapter must feel dumb now huh

Also re is way better than TG so kill that shit. All you crying about "muh parallels" must also feel dumb too. You just want something to bitch about
Oct 7, 2017 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
Aizen Furuta completely ruining this manga.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.