Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2017 10:27 AM

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THE FEELS.

This episode was wonderful, it had me at the brink of tears throughout the entire thing, and then at the very end i lost my sheet and cried so hard.

The first minutes made me suffer so much, and thou i knew Settie misunderstood Kou's true intentions, i felt the pain, specially when he encountered Hase and Ken.

"We broke up!"

I felt it Settie, i felt it so much.

Then when they went to buy food together, and all those memories and oh my Cod poor Kou's face, he was suffering so much with Settie's denial to continue...It was just way too hard to see.

Everything was beautiful and painful and perfect, i just have no complaints. In my humble opinion this episode was a 10/10 for me ( i know, i'm a simple gal, you give me the feels and i fall for it)

And finally, the make-up. That touching moment when they confessed their love for each other and made all those cute and lovely promises and OH MY COD THE RINGS!

THE RINGS!

KOU YOU WERE PERFECT TILL THE VERY END.

Just too freaking much.

Lastly, Ken i bow down yo you, best man ever. Those two ended up needing you till the very end!

Thou i was planing on giving the series a 7/10 i ended up giving it a 8/10 just because of how much i loved the ending. Leaving aside the inconsistencies and the problems with the animation, i think this was a very decent and simple but well developed anime.
KannoSugakoSep 23, 2017 10:35 AM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Sep 23, 2017 10:52 AM
Aug 2017
Gosh I also cried so much! I just want them to be happy! I totally loved this ending and I'd be really happy if they made second season (They probably won't but everyone can dream).
Sep 23, 2017 11:14 AM
Jun 2016
oh man :> Hehe I missunderstood the opening, and thought it meant he had died :> Forgot about the breakup for a moment heh. Great series.
Sep 23, 2017 11:22 AM

Mar 2017
This was a wonderful finale :,) I really hope we get a season 2 or OVA of some sort! I kind of want to see more Kensuke and Hasekura, too!
Sep 23, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
Such a beautiful and sincere ending. I had to hold back tears there for a bit.

Really hoping for more, but nonetheless, it was an exceptional ending that I am satisfied with.
Sep 23, 2017 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
well so much hype and then the finally got together...hmmm I don't want to be that person but they could've ended one episode earlier this episode did not make any difference...but maybe was nice in it's own way
Sep 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Jun 2016
The first half kinda pisses me off because it's a little bit cliche with Settie denying and shit, but ohmygod that last scene fucking redeemed the whole final episode. I earnestly cried when Kousuke gave Settie the ring then I lost my shit when it didn't fit him. Hahahaha. Way to ruin the mood hahahaha! Ohmygod I'm so in love with this anime.

I'm sad now. I need a 2nd season. Hehe.

8/10. As much as I want to give it a 9, I just can't because it's a shounen-ai anime, right? They showed us they fucking kissed already, so why would you fucking censor that last kiss for the last episode!?!?! Sweet buttery Jesus. This ain't the only kissing scene they censored, though. Ugh.

Anyhoo, thanks for making me squeal so many times. I really enjoyed this anime. :')

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 23, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2017
I rate this finale 5/5!

This anime was well done and deserves all the positive reviews it's receiving.

I can't believe it's finished, but who knows, there may be work in progress towards maybe a possible new season/OVA.
Sep 23, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2015
This was so extremely cute I can't even try to put it into words oh my gosh. I've never read either of the manga but this was so much better than I was hoping it would be and is easily my new favourite BL anime. 8/10.

I'd love to see a season two... or an OVA... or a movie... or literally anything... just please don't let this be the last I see of this T.T

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 23, 2017 5:44 PM

Sep 2017
Did anyone understand what was going on? I mean, I DO like the end, of course, it's just I don't get what the barkeeper told Setti, and what was written in the letter...
EDIT: Or more precisely: What made Setti go back to him... that part's missing in the anime, isn't it?

Ideas, anyone? Thanks :D
BitaminCSep 23, 2017 5:59 PM
Sep 23, 2017 6:51 PM

Oct 2014
Solid ending to a really lovely show. I'm going back into hibernation until the next decent shounen ai comes out. Wake me up when the ova comes out...
Sep 23, 2017 7:11 PM

Jan 2016
Ahhh this was a really good shounen ai series! I want more!!
Sep 23, 2017 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
I love how it showed you both of their perspectives on why they fell for each other. It was a sweet little show.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 24, 2017 1:49 AM

Apr 2017
The season finished but still we didn't know why the bartender Natsuo is crying.

Also Yamase the delinquent does he have feelings for Setagawa?
Sep 24, 2017 3:02 AM

Jan 2015
My first ever shounen-ai COMPLETED. It was actually quite a nice story, expected way worse. Some real love story right there, good art and animation and very good opening.
I liked the last scene in this episode,Setagawa realizing Kousuke isnt a hero he thought he was (the whole theme of the story in the first place) but he's actually just someone who was born before him, someone he's in love with. Kousuke even let that manly tear.
The rings tho :D Setagawa getting all sad Kousuke will die first :D

Kinda disappointing we didnt jump into stories of some other characters mainly the person who stabbed Setagawa in earlier episodes. And Kensuke Hasekura couple didnt get too much exposure in the end.
7/10
Sep 24, 2017 3:37 AM

Sep 2017
solidss said:
The season finished but still we didn't know why the bartender Natsuo is crying.

My guess is that the bartender once fell in love with Kousuke, but it was one-sided. Natsuo may have (mis)interpreted that as Kousuke only loved him while he, Natsuo, was young and helpless - but later Kousuke gave up on him. That would explain some of Natsuos feelings and why he told Setagawa something horrible about Kousuke. Still just a guess, though.

solidss said:

I think so, but I wouldn't say it's love, rather envy and jealousy for Yamase and Setagawa both had similar beackgrounds, but Setagawa's path took a turn while Yamase is still stuck in his old life. IMHO, also he sandwich scene, where Yamase gets angry because Setagawa only forgot Yamase's favorite sandwich, gives a hint towards that reason: That Yamase is not angry beceause his crush forgot his favorite food, but because his former... "comrade in misery" was able to do what Yamase coudln't; to break with the gang and seek for a better life. Just my interpretation, though.

@solidss: Did you get why Setagawa made up his mind while reading the letter and went to meet Kousuke so desperately? I still don't get it... nothing against it, sure, yet, feels to me like there's a gap in the story. Not the first one, but the biggest one :D
Sep 24, 2017 4:22 AM

Apr 2017
solidss said:

@solidss: Did you get why Setagawa made up his mind while reading the letter and went to meet Kousuke so desperately? I still don't get it... nothing against it, sure, yet, feels to me like there's a gap in the story. Not the first one, but the biggest one :D

@BitaminC

When Setagawa said that he wishes to meet Kousuke one more time I thought that Setagawa interpreted the letter that Kousuke lost his reason for living and is going to commit suicide by that cliff LoL I might be wrong.
Sep 24, 2017 6:00 AM

Sep 2017
solidss said:

When Setagawa said that he wishes to meet Kousuke one more time I thought that Setagawa interpreted the letter that Kousuke lost his reason for living and is going to commit suicide by that cliff LoL I might be wrong.

@solidss
Ah, that would explain why Setagawa repeated that sentence. I agree, this sentence seems at least to be the key. Thank you!

As for me, I rather expected Kousuke to write that he's going to quit his job - so, there'd be no reason for Setagawa to break up. But in the end, he found an even better solution to the problem. Sly guy :D
Sep 24, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
Such a beautiful ending!

9/10
Sep 24, 2017 1:04 PM
Oct 2016
Best Shounen-ai, It can even make tears. There wasn't any boy or girl rival.
Just I thought Yabase to invole in some bigger events with Settie but didn't happen.
Sep 24, 2017 1:35 PM

Dec 2015
Wow this was really good, I started watching this anime when it is episode 6-7 for curious and Maeno is here. Didn't notice it was a yaoi, so that mean it was my first shounen-ai anime (look like I'm not the only one) and I really love it!

set by taiyaki

Sep 24, 2017 1:49 PM

Jan 2017
BitaminC said:
solidss said:

My guess is that the bartender once fell in love with Kousuke, but it was one-sided. Natsuo may have (mis)interpreted that as Kousuke only loved him while he, Natsuo, was young and helpless - but later Kousuke gave up on him. That would explain some of Natsuos feelings and why he told Setagawa something horrible about Kousuke. Still just a guess, though.

This is a very plausible reason. I was also wondering about this.
Vzla-IT

Sep 24, 2017 2:41 PM

Sep 2017
KannoSugako said:

Let's hope, they wanted to keep this a secret until the next season :D
Hope, it won't be long, I'm really looking forward to it!
Sep 24, 2017 2:48 PM

Jan 2017
BitaminC said:
KannoSugako said:

Let's hope, they wanted to keep this a secret until the next season :D
Hope, it won't be long, I'm really looking forward to it!

Do you REALLY believe there'll be season 2?!?!?!?!?!

I hope so, but i don't wanna get my heart exited for nothing T_T

Vzla-IT

Sep 24, 2017 3:43 PM

Sep 2017
KannoSugako said:

Do you REALLY believe there'll be season 2?!?!?!?!?!

I hope so, but i don't wanna get my heart exited for nothing T_T

As far as I know, the manga is ongoing, so I guess they take a pause to wait until enough new manga chapters are published. At least, I do wish for more seasons - otherwise, I have to learn more Japanese to read the manga :D

I also hope, Yuri on Ice continues, soon. Also a great show, IMHO. If you don't know it, yet, feel free to give it a try! Never thought, I'd watch ice skating - until one year ago ^^
Sep 24, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2008
Lackluster series for an otherwise good BL manga, at least the moments they faithfully adapted from the original were good even if the animation sucked, like the episode with Shigeo finding out about the main relationship and the ring exchange.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Sep 24, 2017 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
Ahhhhh crying non stop. The ring ahhhhh 😭😭😭
Sep 25, 2017 6:16 AM

Jun 2007
this damn show was not supposed to make me all watery-eyed what the hell! i wasn't ready. -__-
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 25, 2017 10:53 PM

Feb 2014
I love when a BL series does relationships RIGHT!

The cliche's at the start of this episode had me rolling my eyes a bit but the end this series had cemented it's place in my heart. I'm glad Setagawa and Kousuke were able to work things out <3 Their relationship is so healthy, I think they've learnt the value of communicating with one another.

Kensuke is such an endearing character also! Easily the most likable. He was such a good friend, brother, boyfriend.

This may be a new favourite of mine. 8/10
Sep 26, 2017 12:58 PM
Sep 2017
Just got finished watching it after a forever wait, and boy was it beautiful. Loved everything about this anime :( so sad that it's over. Really loved to see these couples because in real life, this is just a fantasy. I hope they do some original OVA or something, or a new shounnen-ai soon tho. :(
Sep 26, 2017 2:25 PM

Oct 2008
This is such a beautiful M-2-M YAOI show!
4/5.
7/10.

Sep 29, 2017 1:38 PM
Sep 2017
aijou17 said:
This was a wonderful finale :,) I really hope we get a season 2 or OVA of some sort! I kind of want to see more Kensuke and Hasekura, too!

I am with you on that one. I mean read the manga first the when saw the anime I was like this is good a bit more organized than in the manga with some added scenes but I hope they make ova or maybe season 2 which I highly doubt.

it is not like super lovers but still very interesting !!
Oct 2, 2017 8:45 PM
Mar 2017
Another good shounen-ai, I enjoyed it so much 😍
I'm hoping for season 2
Oct 5, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda late but this episode was amazingly good,when the part where they exchange rings came on I literally couldn’t stop crying but then one of the rings wouldn’t fit so I ended up crying and laughing ahh.
I also fount my self with a new anime crush:Kou.

HE IS SO HOT OHAMSKDKCKFKDK.

But i hope this show does get popular as its super good+++Kou is just beautiful like come on, (also it reminds of yuri on ice and junjou romantica mixed in one)

This anime is definitely going on my top /rewatch list!!!

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Oct 14, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2012
Great finale, I happy that Settie finally took a decision by himself. Kousuke was nice until the end.
I think it the first Yaoi that I succeed to finish. Usually, it get too sexual and I drop it, but here the relationships between the characters are very interesting.
When the story with Kensuke started at the beginning of the show, I was afraid to see how will be the other episodes, but I was happily surprised by the development of the story.
Good anime.
Oct 22, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
Even though I'm gay, I don't like yaoi genre at all, specially when I focus in how are the relationship between two guys in this genre. But I decided to give a try on this one. The last episode was so wonderful and cute, even with all clichés. I wish some of my male straight friends watch it to learn how to show their affection.
Nov 3, 2017 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
THIS EPISODE made this anime a 9 for me.
Like before, I was gonna rate this anime an 8, but the ending, this episode, the feeeeelzzzzzz! I gave this Anime a 9!

I am so happy that they got their happy ending! <3
Such adorable couples that we got from this creation! c;
Nov 22, 2017 7:10 AM
Mar 2010
Cute wrap up. There were some inconsistencies throughout the series, but they're probably clarified in the manga. I'll have to start reading it.
The ending sequence was nice, but also left more questions. Could have been done better imo.
But overall cute series :)

solidss said:

Right? Who walked in at the end?! I need to know!! A lot of the scenes just made me more curious about the side characters. If it's a set up for an OVA though, I wouldn't mind too much ^^
Dec 10, 2017 4:31 PM

Apr 2015
This episode left me with mixed feelings... Sure, I was happy all ends were tied, but I just was kinda hoping that Masahiro would go through with the breakup. Their relationship looks toxic to me, as if Kouske is manipulating Masahiro and playing with his feelings.
He really just... he forces so much on Masahiro, leaves him with no answers, and that "Are we over?" part was just cruel! I guess Setagawa relies on him, though?? Their relationship is like a weird combination of symbiosis and parasitism...
Dec 22, 2017 8:50 AM
Dec 2017
I liked the anime and have just ended to read the manga 'til cap 18, but I have to admit that I would love if Setagawa ended with Hasekura ha ha ha I mean, a real couple, I love the interaction between them both.
Feb 26, 2018 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
solidss said:

the manga doesn't mention anything about the bartender though (i mean up till volume 4 at least). i haven't read the other volumes though.

also the delinquent doesn't have that much screen times in the manga as well.

Feb 27, 2018 10:47 PM

Apr 2017
qeesa said:
solidss said:

the manga doesn't mention anything about the bartender though (i mean up till volume 4 at least). i haven't read the other volumes though.

I have read the manga until chapter 9 it is just like you said the bartender didn't appear that much while the delinquent Yamase doesn't appear in the manga it seems he is anime only character.
Feb 28, 2018 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
solidss said:
qeesa said:

I have read the manga until chapter 9 it is just like you said the bartender didn't appear that much while the delinquent Yamase doesn't appear in the manga it seems he is anime only character.

Yeah I'm assuming they're being used as plot-devices/jealousy.

Dec 21, 2018 1:29 AM

Aug 2016
Too much of the same story over and over again, it would've have been way more intresting if we also could get to know more about the stories of the mother of Setagawa and the bartender...
5/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Feb 3, 2019 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Im glad this is my first shounen-ai anime, i really liked it, especially the first episodes with Kensuke and Hasekura <3
No love rival
Cute story

I want season 2 or another shounen-ai anime like this one :'(
Apr 16, 2019 12:44 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was so cute. I'm happy Kousuke and Masahiro got back together. Overall I rate this series a 8 out of 10. I could have done without some of the drama but overall it was a cute BL (but not as cute as Junjou Romantica!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2019 7:07 AM

Jun 2013
THE LAST EPISODE IS SO SWEET. MY SOUL HAS BEEN CLEANSED. :">

I really love how this anime dig into the real-life struggles of a forbidden relationship. For one, homosexual relationship is still not widely accepted by many communities. Another problem is that the love relationship between a teacher and a student is considered unethical.

Besides the said issues, there is also internal conflict within the character. Settie, for one, has low self-esteem. He doesn't have a great childhood. He is raised by his prostitute mother, who does little to him. He is treated like he's nothing by people around him. He feels like he has no place to belong. He tries so hard to find a place wherein he is being welcomed by joining a gang. He has no true friend except for Kensuke - and later Kousuke, who becomes his hero. Kousuke saves him from nothingness. That's why Settie cannot bring himself to think that Kousuke deserves him. He thinks Kousuke is too perfect and respected by many. In other words, Settie thinks lowly of himself because he feels like he is nothing. But in the end, Settie realizes not to overanalyze everything. Both Settie and Kousuke fight for their love and end up being together despite the odds. ♥

I love the ring scene. My heart really melts. :"> Also, it's great to see how Kensuke and Hasekura spend time with each other. Hasekura is really sweet because he wishes that they will be together forever. ♥

By the way, Kousuke's mom really looks younger. I wonder what happened next to the bartender guy because he looks depressed. I assume this guy is a quitter - so most likely, his advice to Settie before is to give up. I really want to know the backstory of the supporting characters.

The ending is so beautiful. I am truly happy and entertained while watching this anime, although I really want more content. Both Settie and Kousuke are just getting started! I hope there's gonna be second season! ♥

I NEED MOREEEEEE!!!
Aug 25, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
I don't usually care much about voice acting as long as it's not terrible, but I gotta admit I love Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's work on Kensuke. Enjoyed every second of his lines (the cringey ones included). <3

As for the anime itself, well, it was bearable - toxic perhaps, but not nearly as much as other BL anime I have tried to watch. Or maybe I finally got used even to the uglier side of the medium. Either way, I'm sure this is one of the better BL anime out there.
removed-userAug 25, 2019 11:52 AM
Aug 28, 2019 4:15 AM

Sep 2014
I think this show had the potential to be great but somehow it didn't capitalise it. The plot was good, the characters were intriguing but a rival character was missing. A strong rival character would not only be an interesting mix but it could've also helped in bringing out best from both Masahiro and Kuma goroshi-san. But that's just my own conjecture.
Aside from that i really liked this show, it had some really good moments and the ending was sweet. Maeno-san was incredible as usual.
Sep 14, 2019 10:23 PM
Sep 2017
First Shounen ai that I’ve watched the entire series - this show was really sweet, and I loved the ending. But I can’t believe they ended the show without ever telling us what the bartender said! I mean, wth is up with that?!?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pgmhecateii - Jul 15, 2017

70 by seyowan »»
Nov 6, 2023 1:43 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Jul 8, 2017

90 by seyowan »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

» Does this new visual imply a new season in production (or is this just delusional wishful thinking)?

__potato__ - Jun 27, 2023

8 by KawaiiSmile »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM

» Is this supposed to be season 1 or no?

RealCheeze - Feb 12, 2023

3 by RealCheeze »»
Feb 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.