3It was OK
14.7%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
34 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2017 2:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
These cat characters in the series really can be tricky to deal with...

Idk why but this didn't feel so much like a finale but felt more like any other episode. The cave exploration did have a chilling feeling to it though.
Rinne seems to really care about Sakura's well-being by the way he reacted.
Sep 23, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2007
Upon Matsugo's invitation, Rinne going to school festival, which he's afraid of. Wow, unique chef?? lol @ "Rinne, Sakura, and Others" lol @ Orpheus story all of the sudden for the ghost house. Lots of trap, and it gave Rinne and Sakura chance. Thought so, Matsugo got something in mind. He's waiting for them to separate. She doesn't get scared, though. Because of the holes, both Rinne and Sakura are more conscious of each other.

Wow, the food is not good?!

Everyone (or rather, all important characters) at the end and that illustration by the mangaka!!

Was hoping for next season announcement, but nothing for now (hoping a bit there will be announced in future issues), 3 seasons are the limit for NHK's anime (Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle had 3 seasons total, too, so far)?
tsubasaloverSep 25, 2017 10:28 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
Can you walk back with that rule?

And everyone is here because its last week.
Into the Internet!
Sep 23, 2017 1:01 PM

Dec 2014
ah rokodo and Mamiya focused episode..nice episode ....until next time
Sep 23, 2017 1:50 PM
Mar 2015
Sakura was convinced that Rinne would choose food over her and was glad when he actually turned back for her. The directors trolled us at the end into thinking that Sakura and Rinne would actually have a picnic

I wonder if it will get a 4th cour since there is still much to be adapted i
Sep 23, 2017 3:36 PM

Sep 2008
That's it?
Really?
This is final episode?
They gonna end it just like that?
No next season announcement?
Doesn't feel like last one it was just normal episode.
Well... this was pretty good with all these RinnexSakura moments, but I wanted more for them if this is really end.
Sep 23, 2017 4:51 PM

Mar 2016
Makes sense they'd end it like that, if that's really the 'last' episode. Pretty clever in my opinion.
Sep 23, 2017 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
so...i hope the group ending doesnt indicates that there'll be no more
Sep 23, 2017 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
Mamiya Sakura getting stepped on isn't something I'd ever expect to actually happen. Is that the most slapstick she's ever received?

Here's hoping for a fourth season one day.
Sep 23, 2017 10:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fun last episode! Was hilarious when Tsubasa, Renge, and Rokumon were carried away by the spirits XD The rules of the haunted house were definitely savage, causing couples to break up. At least Sakura isn't like other girls haha. Really liked the Rinne and Sakura scenes in this episode.

It does seem like it's the last episode of Kyoukai no Rinne ever, given that there's no next scene announcement like the first two seasons did. It would be a bit sad if that's the case, to never see the cast's antics again, but I also don't mind too much lol. Can't say I've actually enjoyed every episode, although most of them were still entertaining and usually got at least one or two chuckles out of me. Still, I would definitely watch a fourth season if it ever happens!
Sep 24, 2017 1:17 AM

Sep 2014
Don't know how to feel after seeing how they portrayed Orpheus' rule in the show since it's a very sad story of my country's mythology but I won't deny that I didn't laugh. Matsugo truly reached a new low to get Rokudo though. All those breakups, damn. Sad to see that they didn't announce another season since it's a pretty enjoyable show to kill time but I guess no one expected 3 seasons from this. 7/10 as always.
Sep 24, 2017 3:52 AM
Oct 2016
tingy said:
Fun last episode! Was hilarious when Tsubasa, Renge, and Rokumon were carried away by the spirits XD The rules of the haunted house were definitely savage, causing couples to break up. At least Sakura isn't like other girls haha. Really liked the Rinne and Sakura scenes in this episode.

It does seem like it's the last episode of Kyoukai no Rinne ever, given that there's no next scene announcement like the first two seasons did. It would be a bit sad if that's the case, to never see the cast's antics again, but I also don't mind too much lol. Can't say I've actually enjoyed every episode, although most of them were still entertaining and usually got at least one or two chuckles out of me. Still, I would definitely watch a fourth season if it ever happens!

I hope for a bd/dvd or another ''Sabato's interview'' 4th season announcement
good or bad , Kyoukai no Rinne with 7/10,is better than many adaptations - in the past seasons
guitarecoSep 24, 2017 7:45 AM
Sep 24, 2017 7:15 AM

Dec 2013
Decent ending for this third season. 4th season when?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 24, 2017 2:45 PM

Feb 2011
So... that's it then? No new season coming? Such a shame, all the remainingly unadapted material could easily fill two more seasons :(
Such is the fate of Rumiko Takahashi adaptions, I guess...

I'll miss the anime. I actually don't think the anime is as fun as the manga, but it still has plenty of charm and I enjoyed every bit of it. The anime actually got better as it went on, so good job on that!

Now to wait for the next manga volume to release.

Sep 24, 2017 11:27 PM

Oct 2011
Season 4 Please omg 😭 💔
Sep 25, 2017 9:35 AM
Mar 2015
Apparently there is an announcement in the final cast picture which was drawn by RT that this is the final episode of Rinne
Sep 25, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
so... is this the "end end" of Rinne series?

Gonna miss this series, was funny to watch.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 26, 2017 3:05 AM

Mar 2009
Always a fun show. Really liked all the stuff with Rinne's mother this season. In fact, I'd say that was the best part this season.
And Sawashiro Miyuki joined the cast, which was music to the ears.

landofthekwt said:
Apparently there is an announcement in the final cast picture which was drawn by RT that this is the final episode of Rinne

Seems like that might be it, yeah. With the way it ended and that final card drawn by her, it looks like that's all. I'm a little sad, but hey, we got 75 episodes of Rinne. Great run!
Sep 28, 2017 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
YES!!!!!! KUROMITSU IS BACK IN THE LAST EPISODE! She looking so fine.
Hold up. Mamiya Sakura was behind Rinne and Renge was behind Jumonji when they entered, but then you see that they switched.
Jumonji with the "Say hi!"
Baka Jumonji turned around.
lol at Renge getting taken.
lol at them hearing Matsugo's creep laugh.
lol You should know Mamiya Sakura has no emotion.
LMAO They took Rokumon.
lol at Mamiya Sakura falling and Matsugo grabbing Rinne. So gay.
Oh shit! Rinne stepped on Mamiya Sakura. LMAO at her at head and eyes. I wasn't expecting that.
LMAO She still got it on her head.
lol at Rinne getting taken.
Kuromitsu looking so fine.
lol at that ending with everyone showing up. Also, they played the instrumental to the 1st OP.

And that was the end. I knew there was a reason KEYTALK came back to perform the OP. The song sounded like the show was ending. Then the fake Rinne x Mamiya Sakura ED theme. lol

With that said...lol at the amount of comments. Where did some of you guys come from? Anyway, I'll miss my waifu's, Kuromitsu and Ageha.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2017 4:59 PM

May 2009
The story about Orpheus being told through singing was funny!
Rinne and Sakura are more important than "the others" lol
I'm not gonna lie, Matsugo's plan was elaborate.
Sakura falling into holes wasn't as funny until Rinne unknowingly stepped on her head XD
Glad the last ep was RinnexSakura centric, they always have short but cute moments together <3
If they get another season in the future, I'll be sure to watch it :)
Oct 2, 2017 7:40 AM
Mar 2010
I wish some time by next April, a 4th season will be announced...
Gonna miss these ragtags so much.
Oct 4, 2017 8:10 AM
Oct 2016
Mormegil said:
Always a fun show. Really liked all the stuff with Rinne's mother this season. In fact, I'd say that was the best part this season.
And Sawashiro Miyuki joined the cast, which was music to the ears.

landofthekwt said:

Seems like that might be it, yeah. With the way it ended and that final card drawn by her, it looks like that's all. I'm a little sad, but hey, we got 75 episodes of Rinne. Great run!

yes ...the art was very different, the opening and ending this season well drawing...
Oct 7, 2017 3:53 PM
Apr 2014
sooo I guess there was SOME progress in their relationship in the final episode at least? Well, better than none at all.

Hmm I really hope that final screen was only talking about the last episode of the season and not in general D:

I mean I was surprised that we got 25 episodes three years in a row but I didn't think they'd just end it like that :( Also at this point it I'm kinda used to have a new season of Rinne during the sunny time of the year. It'd be a shame if that's over (;_;)
NanashiOct 7, 2017 3:56 PM
Dec 28, 2017 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
Manga ended a few weeks ago.... I really hope they make another season to cover everything. I really love the cast in this show. The jokes are kinda meh sometimes but I absolutely love how "stupid" a lot of them are. This series is mostly innocent fun. It always just made me feel really good after watching it.
Apr 26, 2018 4:14 PM
Oct 2016
nanyatimz said:
I wish some time by next April, a 4th season will be announced...
Gonna miss these ragtags so much.

April =(
(good) news ???
Aug 25, 2018 9:12 AM

Feb 2013
The Orpheus x Hades moment was funny.
Matsugo caught Rinne off guard but it all ended great for Rinne and Sakura.
Nov 16, 2019 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
Why do comfy shows go by so fast?

Quite enjoyed this season, Anette-sensei had probably some of funniest punchlines, and her and Otome were a nice addition to the cast dynamics.

Bit sad that we won't get a season 4, but it's a weird show with more efforts put into the world building (with the reaper tools) than anything else. And while it shows Takahashi's avalanche of creativity, I can see it not meshing well with the average audience.

Thank you. o7
Jun 22, 2023 10:01 AM

Jan 2018
This was a good episode. But it hardly felt like a finale. Even past season finales were better IMO.

I was wrong. This wasn't anime-original. It was based on manga chapters. Chapter 259 and 260 to be exact. This only makes it hurt more cause some previous episodes were adapted from much later chapters.

Idk what went on through the producer's minds to cancel after 3 seasons. 75 episodes would be considered a very good run for some anime. But for a long-running series like RINNE, it's not enough.

There's enough material to make almost 3 more seasons. Maybe even after that, they'd still have some chapters left over. It's insane.

And I could still forgive that if they actually adapted the ending of the manga sooner or later. But 5 years later, I don't see that happening ever. Just like Ranma 1/2, it's too late.

I'd be pissed off if David Production pulled the same shit with their Urusei Yatsura Remake. But at least in that case, you'd still have the ending of the old anime to go back and watch.

Oh well. I started Season 1 in early March. So it took more than 3 months for me to finish this series. During COVID it probably would've taken a few weeks.

I probably could've finished it sooner if I wanted. But I couldn't because I was busy. And now I'm thankful for it cause I think watching it so slowly made me enjoy the series more. Ideal for an episodic series.

I think this was a good series. Season 1 was a bit too dull but had its moments. In season 2 the show started to get its footing. And Season 3 is when I truly started to enjoy the series and I think the stories got better too.

I loved most of the characters. But it felt like none of them truly reached their potential in the anime. I loved Sakura Mamiya. She's unique even within other Rumiko Takahashi works I think. Rinne wasn't a bad character either. All the other characters were funny except Kain and Matsugo.

It's a shame that the love triangle between Rinne, Sakura, and Jumonji never got resolved. If you can call it that. The first Season 3 OP mislead me by giving me false hope.

I'm not a fan of the animation. I think the studio did a shoddy job of adapting the series. It feels "wrong". As if I'd have more fun just reading the manga.

The animation itself looked bland in most episodes even though the character designs were pretty good.

Hats off to the narrator who kept explaining things that didn't need explaining till the final episode.

The voice-related issues might've been fixed in a dub. But HIDIVE never dubbed it which just made the show more inaccessible. Rumiko Takahashi series' like Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2 gained their popularity through their dubs.

It was a curse that a lesser-known streaming site HIDIVE (back then they were even more obscure) got the license to this series. Which made it even more obscure.

That being said it's hard to recommend this series to others. As most people won't wait 2 seasons for the series to "get better" unless they're like me. It's something I'd only recommend to Rumiko Takahashi fans.

Even among the fans, the reputation of this series is mixed. And I kinda agree. Again, Kyoukai no Rinne is a good show. But if I had to rank every Rumiko Takahashi series I've seen till now, I'd place it at the bottom. Which is a shame. Cause I think it could've been way better if it was given to a competent studio. Or the studio continued making more seasons.

I think this is the last Rumiko Takahashi anime that I had to watch to complete her list of anime. At least until Urusei Yatsura Remake Season 2 comes out. Which makes me a bit sad that it's over.

I'll probably start reading the manga from the beginning eventually to experience the chapters that were never adapted and see the real ending.

Thank you if you read my long post.
0451Jun 22, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 4, 2023 2:33 PM

Apr 2020
Overall it was ok. It has the best male MC design imo tho.
Probably the weakest show I've seen from  Rumiko Takahashi 
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

10 by Homuraja »»
Nov 7, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

8 by 0451 »»
Jun 22, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

8 by 0451 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

9 by 0451 »»
Jun 21, 2023 12:13 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

7 by 0451 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.