Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2011
does anyone know if the blu-ray edition was dubbed\subbed as well? or was it just the DVD's?

cheers
Jun 2, 2012 10:57 AM

May 2008
Unfortunatelly it was full of mediocre stuff from the beginning and I couldn't really connect with the characters.

This episode was a rather good ending despite the whole series was a letdown for me.

6/10
Jul 14, 2012 11:14 AM

Jun 2012
Good ending. It has hints for a 2nd season which i probably will watch later when i completed the majority of the anime on to watch list.
Aug 3, 2012 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
I loved that Shana admitted her love...then at the end that Yoshida bitch is talking about round 2? GTF Yoshida.

Shana rocks, can't wait for 2nd season.

Also, this is the first ever full season I've watched in subs - pretty impressive :)
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Sep 19, 2012 7:59 AM
Jul 2012
opiumJ said:
I loved that Shana admitted her love...then at the end that Yoshida bitch is talking about round 2? GTF Yoshida.

Shana rocks, can't wait for 2nd season.

Also, this is the first ever full season I've watched in subs - pretty impressive :)

congrats, my first was school "something" :P second was mirai nikki..that one shoulda been my first lol

but yeah, she needs to step aside, nice girl an all, but it shows her talking to herself, as well as to shana, recognizing that shana an yuuji are closer than she is with him, which to me sounds like a resignation, and how can ya compete with a girl that nearly bbq'd her body to save the city INCLUDING HER she should be worshiping the ground shana walks on :P

and hm, didnt realize that till it was mentioned,
Hito420Sep 19, 2012 8:02 AM
Dec 18, 2012 5:17 AM

Sep 2011
I lost my count about the number of Shana's panty shots.

Also, this is the only series of the 4(5) Tsundere wonders that I gave an 8.

Jan 3, 2013 10:56 PM
Dec 2012
one thing i hope is erased from the second season is that annoying maid person, seriously, every time she's in an episode, i cringe inwardly and wait for the inevitable "indeed" fest and illogical deductions (that woman is trying to help shana cope with these new feelings, she must be despicable) if they do that, i will tell everyone that season two is perfect and to watch it.
Mar 22, 2013 11:18 PM
Mar 2013
I think I can love life now! This season gets a perfect score for me! Simply breathtaking! I loved it so much! :D I hope the second season is at least half as good as this one :D
Apr 18, 2013 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
Finish with season 1, now season 2.
Jun 22, 2013 3:45 PM

May 2013
ahh season was great i will start on season 2 after i finish toradora. but i still hate yoshida a little
Jun 27, 2013 9:20 AM
Jun 2013
I'm surprised Shana didn't realized who covered her with the sheet and then kicked Yuji off the building. :)
Sep 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Aww... Yuki didn't say anything back to Shana when she confessed =(
Overall the series was decent, guess I'll continue watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2013 7:29 PM
Nov 2013
Just finished season 1 and really looking forward to 2, 3 and the OVA's. Very impressive and Shana is totally awesome. The series gets a 9/10 from me and I hope the rest is just as good as this season.
Jan 3, 2014 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
It was okay for me though, the manga was better in my opinion

overall score 7/10, now onto the next season !
Jan 21, 2014 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
i hate it,, shana supposed to die
Jan 23, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2014
Why didn't they use the bloodsucker sword to suck in infinite energy. Imagine how powerful you would be. Goddamnit why is everyone retarded.

Still, I loved this season. I give it 8/10
Jan 23, 2014 4:47 PM
Jan 2014
I don't really know what kept me hooked onto this series. Nothing really really wow'd me. Fights were really simplistic overall.
Feb 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Aug 2013
It was a cute ending. We can already see the final pairing xD (YuujixShana and YoshidaxIke)

I feel bad for Hecate, being so empty must be pretty sad...

Wirhelmina got owned. That other Lord was really powerful.

I was so sure that one of the Lords would die, guess I was wrong.

Alastor true form is really badass, I thought that is true form was just a big flame.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 22, 2014 8:39 PM

Apr 2012
nice ending
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 5, 2014 8:40 AM

Jan 2014
I loved that scene when they walked and Shana used that spell. It was quite emotional...
And that cute scene near the end, when she woke up.. <3

Well, i'll miss this season.

9/10
Jun 10, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
Great show, so glad every piece fitted at the end.

Shana saying "I love you, Yuji" Was so damn cute.
Yuji only didn't respond on that. :c
The ending was satisfying at least.

Shana best tsundere girl ever.
And let's be honest, at least 75% of the people watching this show, was only because of this girl. :p

The ending was really cute.

Now onward to season 2. *^*

7/10
shayryuJun 10, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 1, 2014 9:50 AM
Mar 2013
Great ending Shana x Yuji<3. Off to next season;)
Aug 23, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
Yoshida>Shana
Nov 19, 2014 2:45 PM
May 2011
loserboi said:
Yoshida>Shana

Ha, no.

shes an annoying little bitch who almost ruins the entire story.
Nov 23, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
Good thing it was over the best way. Shana ans Sakai are alive and healthy and Margery-san is staying for a long time in Misaki.... I enjoy this season and I'm exciting for the next too! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 1, 2015 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
This show was okay. 6/10 or 7/10 at most.

Boring at the start, but around 17-20 it started to become pretty good. The ending was okay, nothing special.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Sep 2014
Seriously, Yoshida? Round two? Lmao.
Oct 11, 2015 5:01 AM

Aug 2014
Quite an enjoyable ride, every episode was great and Shana makes for a good tsundere. Good to see they also survived in the end and Yoshida talking about "round 2" was hilarious xD

8/10 for me.
Dec 7, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
The series was good I guess. This really wasn't the ending as many things are still left to wrap up.
I liked the last arc but some of the previous ones (Shana's backstory for example) were pretty average.
This show also has some serious problem with weak antagonists that are unable to effectively fight back.

So it's 6/10 for now and I wonder how this continues in the second season.
Jul 29, 2016 4:04 PM

Aug 2013
diamond9393anda said:
Okay it really was disturbing seeing Shana's underwear like that every 5 sec in the first battle, what the heck was up with that?? Don't know about you guys but I'm a girl and I wouldn't like seeing a male character's underpants showing aroud like that *yuck*

Anyways, I don't get why they should have died. I know that would have been the logical thing to happen, but I love happy endings too much to complain over logic ^_^.

Good season overall. Gonna be watching season 2 pretty soon :P.

I am a male and I was disturbed by that as well.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 14, 2017 9:57 PM

Apr 2013
End of Season 1 was ok, now for Season 2.
Yuuji better never let Shana find out what happened there between Hekate and him
DelusionalUzumeApr 14, 2017 10:08 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 3, 2017 12:09 AM

May 2017
loserboi said:
Yoshida>Shana

Hence your nickname.

Anyways, didn't anyone wonder about the after-battle scene, where Shana was actually naked and covered with a blanket? I think Yuji was the one who covered her, right? That means he was able to take some good views on her lady parts?

Also, I always found the 'war' between Yoshida and Shana pretty stupid. I mean, what's up with Yoshida and 'round 2'? You can't freakin' fight for someone's love, because love comes naturally. If that person finds you attractive and stuff, they'll love you. If not, you can not 'win' it like it's some sort of multiplayer game and you defeat the other opponents. FFS
The mindfucker.
Jun 5, 2017 2:22 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good overall, the action scenes felt a little dull, but in return for that it had an interesting concept, a few enjoyable characters and also the relationship between Yuuji and Shana, all this together more or less made this show for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2017
Wish I would've known about these episode discussions before I started this show. I wrote a review yesterday, but deleted it, since I've decided that I'd rather focus on enjoying anime as opposed to critically critiquing them. I guess I'll just summarize that I found Shakugan no Shana as a whole to be disappointingly mediocre. Dozed off a couple of times while watching it. I always imagined it as being the big sister of Familiar of Zero, which I haven't seen in awhile, but definitely enjoyed more than this. This wasn't a bad anime, but my mind must have hyped it up much more than it should have, with the resulting lack of satisfaction making Shakugan no Shana seem worse than if I went into it with no expectations at all. I'm glad that others saw it as animezing show, though, and I'm hoping the second season will re-spark my interest in this series.

Now, to leave a comment on the final episode in particular: I'm a tad bit disappointed at the lack of anything being accomplished. I was interested Hecate's little arc, and Alistor was awesome, but other than that... eh. And please don't turn Shana into one of those "special because why not" heroines. I wonder if they'll eventually explain why what happened in the end happened. Also, Yoshida, don't be a lil' bitch forever, you hear? You should take some inspiration from Margery's lackeys and at least try to be useful.
I am legally obligated to utilize the pun "animezing" at least once a post.
Sep 11, 2017 8:02 PM
Sep 2015
What a pointless arc, the only worthwhile thing to come out of the whole thing was Shana finally understanding her feelings for Yuji.

So the season ends with every single one of the final arc's bad guys getting away without a scratch (unless you count Hecate's mental trauma, and she wasn't even a bad guy anyway since the mentally challenged cannot be held accountable for their actions). And the noble sacrifice didn't actually sacrifice anything.

I liked the show more when it had the guts to kill off named characters, both good and evil ones.

kalinimeSep 11, 2017 8:05 PM
Jan 30, 2018 6:33 PM
Mar 2015
Akai_Yami said:
End of Season 1 was ok, now for Season 2.
Yuuji better never let Shana find out what happened there between Hekate and him

Haha! Yuuji will take that to his grave.

Good ending overall. I don't mind that everyone lived. Shana's sacrifice still hits hard because she fully believed she would die to save the city. Yuuji...man that has to be the most OP ring ever. There's no way that thing should have canceled out the damage from Alistor's manifestation like it was nothing.

On to season 2. I watched the English dub and it was ok. Both Shana and Yuuji had this weird tendency to deliver some lines in complete monotone. I'm looking forward to hearing Cherami Leigh and Josh Grelle's take from now on.
Feb 21, 2018 3:01 PM

Oct 2015
Very good season and packed a lot of action too. I am glad didn't lose her powers, as for Yuji I loved his resolved to go with her. I still Shana is the best heroine in anime history, she is fiesty, strong and very cute too.

On the series, I felt it was great at first especially the villain Friagne ( I thought he would have a major influence in the story). I thought Friagne made a great bad guy and the story line agreed with him. After that it became a bit boring with Margery and those twins. At the first half of the series I became gaga with Shana and her personality, but after discovering she is the clingy type and couldn't handle the romantic situation with Yoshida( became naive and immature about it), my gaga situation for her dropped and became just another MC I like ( so no adding on my list).

I will watch season 2 though because I dig the setting and the action is to die for.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 4, 2018 1:14 AM
Jan 2015
5/10

it will be better if the main character was not Yuji
he was too predictable and boring , average clueless nice guy
most of protagonist also have certain cliche trophe but they become better after get character development and such , but that can't help Yuji
most of supporting characters like Keisaku , that tuner was more interesting than him
even Yoshida was better than him as MC IMO

That aside , the way they introduce the villain was too shallow
Intrepeter of condelence ?that twin ?they try to make them sound dangerous , but all I can think was , " wow , they have a cool nickname .."
IMO , that way of introduction can be better , it doesn't have to be flashy or anything
in fact , they introduced Friagne and Bella Masque quite well ( they show how dangerous they can be and such before introduce the name)

Apr 20, 2018 6:19 AM

May 2015
6/10. I just got what a wanted. Nothing special, yet good to watch.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 8, 2020 2:07 PM

Jun 2017
The fights are still sometimes vague. I take it that Shana threw the sword and destroyed the mechanism connecting Hecate and Yuji. Then Yuji destroyed the mechanism connecting the city with Hecate.
The action scenes mainly show close ups of the faces of characters and some explosions without actual movement from a constant frame of reference. JC staff always struggled with action scenes. Well, at least the animation is great with good filters.
Hecate seems to be just a hollow shell without any emotions of her own.

Yoshida declares round two! She hasn't given up lol.
The characters grew through the series, especially Shana. Yuji was mostly a thick head, but got better at the end. 8/10.
Mar 24, 2021 6:34 PM
Mar 2016
What Yoshida said round one is over now it's time for round two, what she really meant season 1 is over now it's time for season 2. I liked the way this ended, makes me excited to see season 2.
Jun 28, 2021 10:29 PM

Jan 2021
Hecate (my favorite character in the series) lives let’s go….I have a kuudere obsession lol
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Feb 8, 2022 11:04 PM

Nov 2010
Ah, so that answers my question from many episodes ago. Shana's predecessor was sacrificed.

I was expecting Yuuji as the wild card that will save the day, but Shana herself was more than enough for the job. Though, I'm sure Yuuji still influenced the outcome to an extent.

I'm disappointed that they didn't kiss, but there's still several seasons left for that. I'll let it pass.

Kazumi, just go for Ike already! lol

Story was easy to digest. Likeable characters, especially Shana. 8/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

58 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 8 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 5, 2008

39 by GoddessOfSake »»
Sep 23, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.