Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 31, 2017 1:25 PM

May 2017
And with this episode we reach volume 3 of the novel.

Chiaki's little sister is sooo cute, but such a pervert is a bit disappointing ~.~

And boy, the game of life scene came out even better than i expected animated! lol i laughed so much.

I kind of feel more sorry for Tendou...

But their faces... oh kami their faces...

Uehara's reactions also were way over the top. Fun none the less.

and...

OOOOOH MYYYY GAAAAAWD!!! Cat's out of the bag!!!! SNAP!!!

Tendou's jealousy is knowing no bounds.

And did we have a cameo at the end with the 'nyorooon'~?

Chiaki end card for chiaki fans.

@Lord_of_Anime, @mandorallen:
You are forgeting this anime is base don a light novel and this episode is introducing volume 3 of said light novel.
This is Konoha's introduction but she will have a mayor role as Chiaki's cupid. Konoha is not a new character and the anime is far from over.
Also, Konoha and Amano becomes good friends.

@Plinfa-Fan123:
The whole series' main topic is about misunderstandings, deal with it.
Else leave. It will not change anything anyways.

@shiori09, @Anathor, @G_Spark233:
their misunderstanding is still far from over.

@ all of you:
The misunderstandings are far from over yet.
You think Uehara and Aguri are over it? Boy... far from it.
Is not until
that everything will be over.
ThatRandomDudeAug 31, 2017 1:40 PM
Aug 31, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
This is getting better and better, I didn't expect to like this anime as much as I do!
This pentangon finally (hopefully) shrinked to being a triangle?
Now I'm really torn, I really like Tendou and Amano, but I'm weak for situations like Chiaki's were she realizes that she likes him but it's too late askjdkla
Aug 31, 2017 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
Damn all the misunderstanding are getting resolve this episode and finally Chiaki now find out about Keita being his online gaming friend.I like Karen but i can't help to want to cheer for Chiaki.
Also seems like Chiaki's sister might have falls for Keita as well.
Aug 31, 2017 1:41 PM
Oct 2014
This episode killed of a few brain cells, nothing unusual. 7/10.
Aug 31, 2017 1:46 PM
Mar 2015
Is Chiaki's sister voiced by Kuwahara Yuuki (who also voiced Tohru from Dragon Maid) by any chance?
Aug 31, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2017
Saki said:
This is getting better and better, I didn't expect to like this anime as much as I do!
This pentangon finally (hopefully) shrinked to being a triangle?
Now I'm really torn, I really like Tendou and Amano, but I'm weak for situations like Chiaki's were she realizes that she likes him but it's too late askjdkla

Chiaki hasnt realized she likes him, yet.
She is just shocked to discover the trust.
But with Konoha (her little sister)'s meddling in the up coming next 2 episodes,
Aug 31, 2017 1:57 PM
Feb 2014
RandomCritic said:

You are forgeting this anime is base don a light novel and this episode is introducing volume 3 of said light novel.
This is Konoha's introduction but she will have a mayor role as Chiaki's cupid. Konoha is not a new character and the anime is far from over.

Yeah I know it's an adoption but what I say holds true for mangas and LNs too so I wrote it as anime. No matter which media, it's better to slowly introduce a character than putting the whole theme on hold imo. That's what I was trying to say.
Aug 31, 2017 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

This series never fails to make laugh, that board game and that commentary from Uehara is hilarious.

Glad to see Aguri and Uehara clearing up their misunderstandings.

Sweet moment with Chiaki figuring out who Amano is in the mobile game.
Poor Tendou, life's hard. xD

I really liked the imouto, hope we see more of her. xD
Aug 31, 2017 2:06 PM

May 2017
mandorallen said:
RandomCritic said:

Yeah I know it's an adoption but what I say holds true for mangas and LNs too so I wrote it as anime. No matter which media, it's better to slowly introduce a character than putting the whole theme on hold imo. That's what I was trying to say.

This will be an arc of some sort mate.
Konoha is not introduced late. I mean the anime is far from over.
And she is not mayor character.
Its just that showing her brief as part of her introduction as animators are following the line of the novel.
Of course, in the novel we dont get that feelings because each volume has 6 to 12 chapters (depending), so once you start reading you will keep on it so Konoha is introduced and continue on those chapters in a sequence.
Konoha is mentioned in volume 2, and introduced late that volume.
Then she gets the mayor role in Volume 3 as she interacts with Amano and help her sister.

Sadly we do not have that effect on anime which is broadcasted once a week so we do no have that sequel so its feels like a "late introduction".
But believe me is not, Konoha's introduction was on queue and follows as it should. By next few episodes she will be on screen full time.

Also I believe "Gamers!" total episode would be more than 12 or 13 (as normally anime adaptations from novels goes).
I am looking at 20 to 24...
How ever if its gets cut off on episode 13 then do not worry since for one: the novel is not finish yet.
So we might get more seasons.
Besides, Konoha is a support character not a main one.

----

@Lelouch0202:
Aguri and Uehara's misunderstanding is not over yet.
ThatRandomDudeAug 31, 2017 2:10 PM
Aug 31, 2017 2:08 PM

Aug 2011
Since I first read volume 1 of the LN on skythewood site, I knew that this series would be great.

Man this episode had me really laughing. Really made my day. Sooo looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 31, 2017 2:27 PM

May 2017
Hmm... now that i think about it; I feel that the anime adaptation of gamers are rushing things.

I feel like everything is going on a fast pace.

Like, skipping some minor details and just paying attention to the mayor point, still leaving out important stuff that should be added for the story for people to understand better on what's going on.

As if the anime is rushed, and if the animators and director are charging into everything at full force.

Regardless, that is just what I feel.
Aug 31, 2017 2:34 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode, I like the new char, Konoha is nothing like her big sister though so that caught me off guard lmao.

I guess Tendou is the overly jealous type who would forbid you anything that doesn't involve her lol. That's probably gonna bite back at her at some point.
Aug 31, 2017 2:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man that was great again. Finally clearing out pretty much all the remaining misunderstandings and in such a satisfying way too

This anime has really improved in the last three episodes compared to what it was before
Aug 31, 2017 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
Konoha-chan such interesting and that's parody of seitokai no ichizon, and I love that anime too, I don't put so much important into her but she should be interesting in Amano, so I expect to see here in 1-2 episodes.
Oh man that game feel so much like in current situation and it was so fun to watch, and now Chiaki realise who it is and just in that timing when Amano said it that Mono were precious, and here we go with another misunderstanding.
I'm quite happy with Uehara and Aguri resolve they misunderstanding by thinking Uehara like Tendou.

Chiaki were shocked and now I can see her gotta have a problem talking normally with Amano (clueless) guy.
Oh yeah that Uehara monologue.
It's not like Tendou aren't bad but I like Chiaki better here, there should be such a nice couple but somehow I know it won't happen.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 31, 2017 2:56 PM

Dec 2016
FFXV and dragon Quest on shelf
HiddenArmyAug 31, 2017 4:48 PM
Aug 31, 2017 3:00 PM

Nov 2011
that sneaky seitokai no ichizon ref.....
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Aug 31, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
Let the cuckoning begin
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 31, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2009
Game of life best troll.

Poor Chiaki BSoD.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 31, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2015
Just when you think that most of the misunderstandings are cleared up, another problem arises, LOL.

Great episode.

Aug 31, 2017 4:04 PM

Dec 2016
Tokoya said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Just when everything was clearing itself up, the reveal of Amano being Tsuchie is gonna mess up everything for my girl Tendou :( I'm happy for Uehara and Aguri (Hopefully this is the last of their bullshit misunderstandings) but I can already tell that Chiaki might truly fall for Amano now

And speaking of Chiaki, I had no idea that this new girl would have been her sister and I certainly didn't expect her to be like THIS and have a grudge against Tendou lol

Right?? and I can tell just right there we have another girl falling for amano besides chiaki... hope it doesn't follow a harem route since i really ship for amano x tendou regardless how much i liked konoha >.<

Aug 31, 2017 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
Got my weekly dose of seaweed-head.

desu desu.
Aug 31, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2016
Does anyone think this series will make it to the end of vol 8 or just make up it's own ending? Because this episode just wrapped up vol 4.
Aug 31, 2017 4:30 PM
Aug 2017
Some information on its relationship with seitokai no ichizon
Aug 31, 2017 4:34 PM

Feb 2017
Poor seaweed :(

The board game was hilarious.

I was so glad Aguri and Uhehara held hands :3
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Aug 31, 2017 5:14 PM

Jul 2017
Serves Chiaki right. She's the absolute worst kind of tsundere.
あなたは誰?
Aug 31, 2017 5:25 PM

May 2013
lmao great ep. I been laughing a bit too much on these last couple eps. Here I was saying this show can be over in like 5 min if they just clear up misunderstanding, and when they finally were able to do that. BOOM, something else happens to keep the show going.
Aug 31, 2017 5:30 PM
May 2016
I'm just glad the misunderstandings are almost gone. Keita maybe still thinks that Tasuku is his rival but that's all.
Chiaki found out what she means to Keita and what he means to her and fell for him after her sister told her she had a crush on him or at least questioned her about him.

I'm really looking forward to the outcome especially if Chiaki tells Keita that she's both of the persons he treasures.
But I think he will choose Karen anyway after some struggles, at least I hope so because I find Chiaki's "desu desu" extremely annoying and she really has extremely weird personality. But hey, in the past I many times grounded for the new girl, that one who wasn't the MC's crush from the beginning.
Maybe Chiaki will be cute from now on and I will start being her fan instead of Karen but...I don't think so, desu desu....
Galactus159Aug 31, 2017 5:38 PM
Don't be mean on the internet just because you're gonna die a virgin. We all are.
Aug 31, 2017 5:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The first part of the episode seemed out of nowhere. But I can't believe there was a Seitokai no Ichizon reference. I absolutely love that anime!

That game of Life was hilariously descriptive, making things even more awkward. But finally Chiaki learns that Amano is tsucchie. Now I'm incredibly excited for next week.

Although their relationship was put on the backburner for Amano, I'm so glad Aguri and Tasuku are clearing things up. I felt their part of the story was shafted a bit.

Limexd123 said:
komic said:
did anyone else notice that the Student council look just like another SC of a certain anime?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5909/Seitokai_no_Ichizon

Gamers' and Seitokai's LN were written by the same author lol. So apparently I wasn't the only one who caught that reference haha.

And both Key-kun and Konoha are eroge freaks lol

Holy shit, who knew? That's awesome!
Aug 31, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2015
Can someone be so kind and spoil me if this means Karen is doomed?

I'll keep watching, is just that I don't want to get my hopes way up and then end up salty af.

I appreciate in advance your concideration.
Aug 31, 2017 5:52 PM

Apr 2009
Limexd123 said:

I'm also wondering if this is a thinly veiled SAO reference. lol
This is probably either VR Kanojo or Honey Select both by Illusion if we go by real world references.

This is Baldr Heart by GIGA, released last year. mecha sci-fi VN with action gameplay but NSFW

This is obviously Clannad, a masterpiece back in 2004 that takes more than 50 or 100 hrs of reading time to complete 100%. SFW

This is from some old VN from 1998, Prism Court.
argiliumAug 31, 2017 6:01 PM
Aug 31, 2017 6:23 PM

Aug 2016
Best grill Chiaki also has best imouto.

Amano recommending some niche vn instead of obviouslynotclannad. The board game was funny because Uehara carries again. My ship is trying to float back up but it's already sunk too deep :/

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Aug 31, 2017 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
komic said:
did anyone else notice that the Student council look just like another SC of a certain anime?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5909/Seitokai_no_Ichizon

Thank you! for a while i was nahhh that can't be it even though whats her name with the side pons was the biggest hint for me lol pretty cool cameo

did anyone else spot FF15 in the game store.

anyways new random girl turns out to be Chiaki's sister and then with that ending Keita's harem has grown to 3 D: somehow keeps woeing all these gamer girls , funny way to resolve some of the misunderstandings in the good old game of life
Aug 31, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, clearing up misunderstanding in a pretty subtle and low key way. Always keeping the ending interesting.
Aug 31, 2017 7:07 PM
Jan 2017
argilium said:
Limexd123 said:

I'm also wondering if this is a thinly veiled SAO reference. lol
This is probably either VR Kanojo or Honey Select both by Illusion if we go by real world references.

This is Baldr Heart by GIGA, released last year. mecha sci-fi VN with action gameplay but NSFW

This is obviously Clannad, a masterpiece back in 2004 that takes more than 50 or 100 hrs of reading time to complete 100%. SFW

This is from some old VN from 1998, Prism Court.

Wow thanks. Don't play VNs that much. I caught the Clannad reference, but was trying to see if I could catch the others as well. Interesting.
Aug 31, 2017 7:17 PM
May 2017
It was really funny and casual, this anime is basic and banal but it make me laugh and it relaxes me xD
Aug 31, 2017 7:54 PM

Apr 2017
Anathor said:
Chiaki's face at the end was painful to watch though.

I'll admit, I teared up a bit. They get along so well online and she now know she's known him in real life for awhile... It could go either way though... she could start developing feelings for Amano or be in utter disbelief that he's the same person. (I guess I could know if I read the manga but I haven't) I'm surprised Tendou is going all psycho though...

Aug 31, 2017 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
Damn... RIP Chiaki. That ending was just brutal.
Aug 31, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2016
Thank god the misunderstandings are cleared and the plot is finally moving :D

Really wanna see what happen in the next episode ~
Aug 31, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2013
well....at least there's finally a resolution to all the mess before the obvious love triangle came about...IMHO i hope he doesnt hurt Karen
Aug 31, 2017 8:29 PM

May 2016
Oh my gosh, the TRETA has been planted
『  』
Aug 31, 2017 8:31 PM
Jun 2017
sirYuki said:

Something tells me you're brazillian.
Aug 31, 2017 8:38 PM

May 2016
LeoGTT said:
sirYuki said:

Something tells me you're brazillian.

You're right lol

but I was surprised that you know the word Treta, or are you a Brazilian too?
『  』
Aug 31, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
Goddamn I fucking love this show. The comedy is just too hilarious.

I think all of the characters have their unique funny moments and faces: Hoshinomori when she overthinks the whole love pentagon, Aguri when she thinks Tasuku is cheating, Karen when Amano brings up any other friends or gets caught in a weird situation with another girl.

But most of all...I fucking love Tasuku. He absolutely makes this show, and hands down all of the comedy revolves around him. All of his faces and reaction are priceless - when he's scheming, when he's pissed about how perfect Amano and Chiaki are, when shit goes too wrong...or too right. And the thing that makes it better, is essentially we as the audience are also Tasuku. We as the viewers know everything that's going on and how crazy messed up everything is, and the only character that can relate is Tasuku. And half the time his reactions to situations are probably similar to ones some of us might be having.

Poor Chiaki; Tasuku summed it up right: she finally made it to the starting line but at the worst possible time. Amano just professed how deeply he cares for Mono and Nobe-san (both are Chiaki), but at the same time he's officially dating Karen and they're finally bonding more and more. AND Chiaki's sister is also now crushing on him.
Aug 31, 2017 8:42 PM

Aug 2017
It´s nice to se that chiaki finally has discovered that Keita is her online-buddy and supporter. A love triangle is fun to watch in romantic comedies (dramas are a totally different story tho).
Hope they can continue to bring such hilarious episodes, they seem to never fail to amuse me.
Aug 31, 2017 8:43 PM

Jul 2015
Nyoronnn...

loved that little post credit scene lol
Aug 31, 2017 8:51 PM

May 2016
I am slightly preferring amano with tendou, but I wouldnt mind if he ends up with hoshinomori, and if things continue to remain weird between him and tendou, hoshinomori might just make a move this time. Damn, this series episodes always leave me hoping next week comes soon.
Aug 31, 2017 8:55 PM

Mar 2016
I'm just so happy Aguri and Tasuku are together again!

Damn I love this show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2017 9:28 PM

Sep 2014
Only way to describe episode 8

Me: Ahh everything is going to be fine finally

Amano: Hold my beer

Then you got Uehara all like

Aug 31, 2017 10:32 PM

Apr 2011
Who saw that comin', wished they continue the board game lil mo'
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Aug 31, 2017 10:46 PM

May 2015
Was waiting a long time for a ending like this where they finally clears some stuff up.
(hated midsummer night's dream in grade 9 so the love pentagon kinda put me off),
loved everything this episode! I like the new sister character and hope to see more of her, Finally mended the relationship, poor Chiaki, I'm curious to see what happens next

My reaction when they finally cleared up some of the misunderstandings.

"The difference between a Weeaboo and an Anime Fan,
a Weeaboo wants to marry their favourite characters, a True Anime Fan wants to see them happy"
-inspired by some guy in the comments section of gogo
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.