Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we got more storytelling about Midari this episode.
I thnk the most thrilling part is her relationship with the student council president.

The gambling match between Midari and Jabami is also thrilling despite Midari's psychotic tendencies. Jabami's ability to outwit Midari to the end is pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Aug 19, 2017 11:16 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I don't know, for me, the manga created more "emotion" than this episode. Some lines from the episode lowered the "momentum" compared with the manga. Midari was defeated let's wait for the next challenge.

Aug 19, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
PipeBoss said:
I don't know, for me, the manga created more "emotion" than this episode. Some lines from the episode lowered the "momentum" compared with the manga. Midari was defeated let's wait for the next challenge.

agree this ep was very bland compared to the manga , instead of this "gamble" being tense and emotional it fell flat

tho yumekos anger was even more fitting
Aug 19, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
I am probably guessing that MAPPA might not have enough time to adapt this episode with only just 12 episodes...
Aug 19, 2017 2:31 PM

Feb 2016
welp, lets have the plot convenience of Yumeko knowing about each single trap they set on all the gambles. (Midari is so fucking disgusting)

as expected, this anime is just getting worser. what a shame
CrimsonWandererAug 19, 2017 2:48 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 19, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2009
HereticHunter said:
welp, lets have the plot convenience of Yumeko knowing about each single trap they set on the games. (Midari is so fucking disgusting)

Please, the trick was really simple. You could have figured it out yourself before Yumeko revealed it if you payed attention.

Actually, the fact the trick was easy to figure out was a plot point. Midari wanted Yumeko to figure things out and win. Midari is a huge masochist after all.

And Yumeko got mad because Midari was trying to lose on purpose.
1idd0kunAug 19, 2017 2:47 PM
Aug 19, 2017 2:48 PM

Feb 2016
1idd0kun said:
HereticHunter said:
welp, lets have the plot convenience of Yumeko knowing about each single trap they set on all the gambles. (Midari is so fucking disgusting)

Please, the trick was really simple. You could have figured it out yourself before Yumeko revealed it if you payed attention.

Please, read all before quoting. is that simple If you payed attention, you might figure what I meant
~Blackwall
Aug 19, 2017 2:54 PM
Jul 2009
HereticHunter said:
1idd0kun said:

Please, read all before quoting. is that simple If you payed attention, you might figure what I meant

Like I said, the trick was easy to figure out because Midari wanted to lose. That's why Yumeko got mad to begin with.
Aug 19, 2017 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
The scene where Yumeko states how much she despises Midari was gold. It was both hilarious and awesome at the same time. Her voice acting was epic. But them, those two faces... holy shit:

Kakegurui had some pretty epic faces before, but those two... Those two were probably the best ones.

I felt sad for Midari, though, she only wanted to be killed :(
Aug 19, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
I liked the manga more, but the adaptation was ok.

Bring in the next crazy bitch.

Aug 19, 2017 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
That techno flamenco though.
Aug 19, 2017 5:11 PM

Feb 2016
1idd0kun said:
HereticHunter said:

Like I said, the trick was easy to figure out because Midari wanted to lose. That's why Yumeko got mad to begin with.

you know I'm talking about ALL the gambles that have been on the anime right?
~Blackwall
Aug 19, 2017 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
Can I just point out that in a 5 card matching game, you can put a 5 card pattern out that matches NEITHER of the inverted and non-inverted video feed? I like how they made it such a crucial point, but it's completely irrelevant anyways.

Yumeko putting 2 bullets in to force Midari to get 0 points was pretty smart on her part though.

Made a full video on my thoughts of Kakegurui so far if anyone's interested https://youtu.be/8w0USHntnBo

HereticHunter said:

as expected, this anime is just getting worser. what a shame

I think you weren't paying much attention to the previous episode. Ok, arguably as a left hander I'm more aware of handedness, I immediately noticed that hand Suzui used was different in person and in the video feed. But still you should rewatch the entire gambling match and you'll notice Midari's deception was foreshadowed quite obviously that Yumeko could very well have perceived.
BurningSpiritAug 20, 2017 5:35 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 19, 2017 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
Midari got a lot more psychotic in this episode. Got some backstory for her. She took out her own eye. The match ended as a draw, which is what Yumeko wanted. She hates people like Midari. Meari refused to join the student council because she doesn't like how the president views the livestock. Very crazy episode.
Aug 19, 2017 7:49 PM

May 2010
Thrashinuva said:
Now this is why I took interest in this anime. I don't quite know what trick she pulled, but I'm positive that Yumeko rigged her gun somehow. I think she intended to lose the first round knowing Mary would get Yumeko's gun.

It's interesting seeing the disparity. Mary loves the thrill of being on the edge of death, and it's met Yumeko's world of gambling. I think Yumeko is probably disinterested, because the particular game they're playing is too simple, I think it's going to bore her.
Looks like I got it right. Didn't expect her to load her gun with lipstick though, clever trick.

Although I didn't exactly understand that Mary had no intention of a fair gamble, she's just a complete masochist.

I don't quite know why Yumeko was so happy at Suzui over the cards. I feel like I missed something there.
Aug 19, 2017 8:06 PM

Jan 2015
Midari finally "awakened" after got some piece of lesson straight from Yumeko about the real art of Gambling.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 19, 2017 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
Well that was something...Midari is more than crazy she's just begging for pain and death! Insane shit in this episode...just crazy gambling! I'm glad Mary turned down the prez but after seeing how the prez treated Midari I wouldn't want to be on the prez's bad side...hell I wouldn't want to be on her good side either...I'd be out of that school so quick! It will be interesting to see what becomes of Midari now and also to see what Yumeko does next!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 19, 2017 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
2/5 for this episode. Boring episode than the last episode. Midari's character is beyond twisted and this win was too plain. Also felt less crazier than the last couple of episode. Only watching this show for Ryouta.

removed-userAug 19, 2017 8:44 PM
Aug 19, 2017 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
DAMN Midari is a freaking crazy nutcase.
She freaking gouged her out eye.

Student President is so scary.

Bloody Midari wetting herself. She is way too excited.

Meari denying the Student Council President.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 19, 2017 8:49 PM

Jun 2014
I can usually handle watching some pretty grotesque shit, but no matter what, seeing an eye getting gouged out will ALWAYS make me cringe. Idk why, but props to Midari for being metal as fuck. Also, she took the crazy factor up to 1000 this episode, she needs to be put in a mental institution.

This match had an interesting conclusion, and I loved the way Yumeko shut down Midari. Don't piss her off.

Meanwhile, Mary had the balls to defy the student council president. I hope that doesn't come back to screw her over later.
thebrentinator24Aug 19, 2017 8:53 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 19, 2017 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
"Looking-at-trash" yumeko eyes aren't bad at all. But I still want those red yandere eyes pls
Aug 19, 2017 8:57 PM

Feb 2009
Tbh I was hoping someone would bite the dust but a draw is ok I think :o

That president chick is fucking hotness
Aug 19, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
And I just had lunch... It's interesting how we're continuing to get more insight into Yumeko's personality and love for gambling - she got really pissed. Also it looks like Mary has started a losing fight.
~
Aug 19, 2017 9:09 PM

Dec 2016
Wow her condition is worse then I thought, destroying her own eye like that.

Yumeko made it a draw after all, she gets better every episode.

Even a show like this has Idol's lol, looking forward to watching it.
Aug 19, 2017 9:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the first time that this show completely weirded me out......Like the level of disturbing that was shown in this was over 9000

As for the stuff with Mary, I'm proud of her but I really hope that she's not stupid enough to try and take on the President in a match
Aug 19, 2017 9:29 PM

Jun 2015
Ikishima is the biggest lesbian masochist I've ever seen... but Yumeko just wants a fair gamble xD Well, that's what you get for staging it, win or lose! At least you've still got the Prez's promise, though.

Speaking of Prez, sheesh, bombshell much... I really like her lol. I now understand why the whole Council is comprised of lunatics. Was kind of hoping Mary would join and then do some kind of double-agent inside job, but of course she's too proud. Can't wait to see her make her inevitable comeback :d

Entertaining show so far, bumped it up to an 8 from a 7!
Aug 19, 2017 9:38 PM

Mar 2016
Did Yumeko smirked like that at the end because Pochi trusted her to tie at the end or because she was glad that she could actually lose/win because of him?
I hope its the latter honestly.

Btw. I can stop laughing at their faces, oh my god!

Aug 19, 2017 9:40 PM
Jul 2013
Thrashinuva said:
Thrashinuva said:
Now this is why I took interest in this anime. I don't quite know what trick she pulled, but I'm positive that Yumeko rigged her gun somehow. I think she intended to lose the first round knowing Mary would get Yumeko's gun.

It's interesting seeing the disparity. Mary loves the thrill of being on the edge of death, and it's met Yumeko's world of gambling. I think Yumeko is probably disinterested, because the particular game they're playing is too simple, I think it's going to bore her.
Looks like I got it right. Didn't expect her to load her gun with lipstick though, clever trick.

Although I didn't exactly understand that Mary had no intention of a fair gamble, she's just a complete masochist.

I don't quite know why Yumeko was so happy at Suzui over the cards. I feel like I missed something there.

Yumeko's said that she hates games wherein she knows from the start she's either going to win or lose. Since Yumeko's already figured out Midari's trick, the game becomes dull for her. But here you have Suzui admitting that he just put down the cards in a random order (last round) makes the game interesting again thanks to that uncertainty factor.
omwgAug 19, 2017 9:46 PM
Aug 19, 2017 9:50 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was insane and disgusting.

The gambling match between Midari and Jabami was intense.

Shit is about to go down.

4/5
Aug 19, 2017 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Yeah, Midari is much more crazier here compared to the manga. Wow, seeing Yumeko pissed like that is fucking scary as hell!!
Aug 19, 2017 9:57 PM
Jul 2013
So is it Chaos that Kirari wants to see? I have a feeling she's only using her position as the President to make things chaotic at Hyakkaou - the strong will want to keep the weak down and the weak who would eventually revolt against the strong. She's one dangerous woman but damn do I like that about her.
So ep 8 and probably 1/2 of ep 9 will be about that idol girl eh?
omwgAug 19, 2017 10:10 PM
Aug 19, 2017 10:11 PM

Feb 2015
This episode is fun and all but that fish tank bothers me... First the student council pres keeps an Asian arowana with fucking cardinal tetras and then the arowana is just nowhere to be found in the tank. How does that even work? But yeah, this episode was solid but I feel like it could have been more impactful than it ultimately was.
Aug 19, 2017 10:14 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Honestly this episode was pretty gross to watch, from the eyeball gouging to Midari's random spasms, it was kinda disgusting to sit through. Midari continues to be the most insane character in the series. She's just crazy on a whole other level.

I'm not sure I got the exact purpose of the mirroring trick, is it just to confuse the card layouts?
Loved the final round where Yumeko loaded two bullets just so she could force Midari to lose on purpose.

The scene where she talks down to Midari was epic, she totally wrecked Midari with that face. xD
Aug 19, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2012
mad yumeko is 10/10
Aug 19, 2017 10:44 PM

Dec 2015
Damn girl, what the hell is wrong with u?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 19, 2017 10:51 PM
Aug 2017
Did anyone else feel violated while watching that episode because i sure did.
Aug 19, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2017
MAD SADISTIC THOT devious plan brings a killing triggered move from the last turn

How conniving to take an usual draw from the last round where both of you we're taking advantages to risk their worthless lives by dying is huge suicidal conflict of what Midari to plan from the near end every since She takes a highest risk by getting a loss. (She's just toooo FEARLESS)

In Depths of taking charges of Electing Saotome to join in the council can be takes such different twist from it's new Arc in the latest chapter

This is just toooooooooo synchronize.. where Midari chooses Yumeko as her rightful M-type friend which surpassed Momobami

+ 2 Everything is undeniably PERFECT on how they portrait crazy sociopaths apart from the background between the interactions of Jabami and Midari
+ 3 --MORE DEVASTING HORRENDOUS Face which I plan to count since the 1st ep.

+ 2 Least Favorite Arc next to Re-Election and Idol Arc

Over rating total of 5(12)/5
-HippySnob-Aug 19, 2017 11:12 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 19, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2013
I mean I know they're playing russian roulette and all, but I can't help but be bothered by the way they demonstrate 0 knowledge of safe gun handling.
Aug 19, 2017 11:34 PM
Jul 2009
fst said:
I mean I know they're playing russian roulette and all, but I can't help but be bothered by the way they demonstrate 0 knowledge of safe gun handling.

Midari's crazy and doesn't give a fuck about safety, and Yumeko's gun wasn't loaded to begin with.
Aug 19, 2017 11:43 PM

Jul 2015
Crazy chicks actions were weird af, specially the eye ball thing, but weird enough they had no impact on me. Felt pretty dull (I kinda expected something like that or worse from her). Yumeko was great with that face expression
Aug 19, 2017 11:47 PM

Feb 2013
omwg said:
Thrashinuva said:

Yumeko's said that she hates games wherein she knows from the start she's either going to win or lose. Since Yumeko's already figured out Midari's trick, the game becomes dull for her. But here you have Suzui admitting that he just put down the cards in a random order (last round) makes the game interesting again thanks to that uncertainty factor.

Not really the fact that he put down the cards in random order (unless I'm wrong then my bad) but the fact that Suzui gambled on the chance that Yumeko would know exactly what he's thinking. Either way, she's glad that he actually gambled instead of cheating to win/lose.
Aug 19, 2017 11:53 PM

May 2017
BurningSpirit said:
HereticHunter said:
FOR THE LAST F*CKING TIME, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SINGLE DAMN EPISODE!

If you were referring to the gamble vs the creepy nails girl, then I rolled my eyes at that too. That was already in the boundaries of super human. I'm not even particularly trying to defend Kakegurui, because I've got my issues with it too.

But in any case you are on an episode specific thread, so geez GOD forbid people pointing out things only that happened in THIS episode/gamble

"super human"

Photographic memory doesn't exist in irl but it's pretty common in anime, y'all watching an anime, Kakegurui doesn't have a supernatural tag but Yumeko is at least a eidetikers (as people with eidetic imagery are often called)

Do some research before being a Mr. KnowitAlls
Aug 19, 2017 11:54 PM

May 2015
I'm.........disappointed....

TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:41 AM
Aug 20, 2017 12:04 AM
Jun 2011
SkyDrop said:
2/5 for this episode. Boring episode than the last episode. Midari's character is beyond twisted and this win was too plain. Also felt less crazier than the last couple of episode. Only watching this show for Ryouta.

also the reverse trick was simple to find out from the beginning of the match in the previous episode
Aug 20, 2017 12:06 AM

May 2017
Somuchgamer said:
Did Yumeko smirked like that at the end because Pochi trusted her to tie at the end or because she was glad that she could actually lose/win because of him?

Most likely bcoz Yumeko didn't expect Suzui to had actually made their game into what was a very predictable to a thrilling game coz Suzui actually didn't get what was going on at all in a supposedly very predictable game for Yumeko (Yumeko thought Suzui caught up in Midari's plan on losing). Yeah Yumeko overestimated Suzui
Aug 20, 2017 12:11 AM
Jul 2009
World_Creator said:
Somuchgamer said:

Most likely bcoz Yumeko didn't expect Suzui to had actually made their game into what was a very predictable to a thrilling game coz Suzui actually didn't get what was going on at all in a supposedly very predictable game for Yumeko (Yumeko thought Suzui caught up in Midari's plan on losing). Yeah Yumeko overestimated Suzui

Nah, Yumeko was glad that Suzui took a chance. That's all the there is to it. This is actually more clear in the manga. Just go read it if you want. Suzui thought "Yumeko will know what to do." It was a gamble for him, but he did it anyway, and that's why Yumeko was glad.
Aug 20, 2017 12:15 AM

May 2017
JPthugnificent said:
omwg said:

Not really the fact that he put down the cards in random order (unless I'm wrong then my bad) but the fact that Suzui gambled on the chance that Yumeko would know exactly what he's thinking. Either way, she's glad that he actually gambled instead of cheating to win/lose.

Nah JP, Yumeko overestimated Suzui, he doesn't know what was going on at all, what was a very predictable game for Yumeko, turns a little bit thrilling coz Suzui admitting he just randomly placed the cards (Suzui being on the role of the little blind mouse again)

Cheating is part of the game for Yumeko, she got mad bcoz Midari intended to lose on purpose for wanting pain and death (technically not gambling just pure masochism)
Aug 20, 2017 12:24 AM

May 2017
MonogatariLSD said:
but Yumeko just wants a fair gamble xD

Nah man, she just mad coz Midari intended to lose, cheating is all good for Yumeko (she wants thrill not pure masochism)

What was a very predictable game turns a little interesting bcoz Suzui admitted to not know what was going on and placed the cards randomly
Aug 20, 2017 12:27 AM
Jun 2015
I fucking love this anime. This was by far one of the best episodes yet
Aug 20, 2017 12:33 AM

May 2017
1idd0kun said:
World_Creator said:

Nah, Yumeko was glad that Suzui took a chance. That's all the there is to it. This is actually more clear in the manga. Just go read it if you want. Suzui thought "Yumeko will know what to do." It was a gamble for him, but he did it anyway, and that's why Yumeko was glad.

Dude, no, Yumeko wants thrill in gambling. Yumeko predicted a draw in round 3 and it was. Suzui randomly placing the card made the game what was Yumeko thought predictable turns out a bit thrilling

This isn't a romance dude
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.