Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2017
CreativeMax said:
It's pretty hard to find a show like this..when the guy gets more likes than heroine..Of course, Ayanokouji-kun deserved it!

When the anime passes the LN translation..i assume that this's just near the end of vol.2?

And we get Sakura, aka the first heroine candidate for MC. xD

Glad that this 'Danganronpa' arc's ending now...

The ending's quite dark, just like anime itself. This show needs 'psychological' > 'romance' but if they can balance it together..that'll be nice!

Want to know more about the backstory of him in facility/lab that looks like coming from Assasination Classroom :O (with the same studio!!)

Lerche always colour the eye of every badass MC...like that glowing in the dark eye so much ;P

THIS! Exactly! I have the same vibes from Assassination Classroom and now it all makes sense. Same director, same studio. Holy molly..
Aug 16, 2017 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

Totally loved how Horikita and Ayanakoji setup those C class punks and completely wrecked them in that confrontation. Glad the Sudo stuff is cleared up now.

Was really hard to watch the part where that guy assaulted Sakura, I loved how Ayanakoji just walked up behind and totally wrecked that guy by saying his life was over.

The conversation with the teacher shrouds Ayanakoji in even more mystery, I have no clue what his motivations or goals are in this entire ordeal where he seems to be playing everyone. Really wanna learn more about his backstory.

That last scene where he said don't pry into my life was badass.

Sudo is just a brainless punk. Expulsion would have been perfect if it wasn't needed for the main plot (which it was).
Not sure if the teachers know's something, or is trying to use her to discover it. He'll probably change objectives at the middle, 3/4 of the anime.
Aug 16, 2017 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, back to being more interesting with the flashback to the past.
Aug 16, 2017 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
the pacing is too fast. looks like that Episode count of ? will be turned into 12 or 13. every episode ends with some fire though, i love it

on another note, the animation has been consistently great throughout it's runtime already. I should check out more of Lerche's stuff
TzKal-ZukAug 16, 2017 1:53 PM
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen

Aug 2015
Ugh, of course the creepy employee had to make a reappearance.

I'm really liking how the MC resolves problems. Violence? Nah, just manipulate everyone around you.

Feb 2016
Ayanakoji's eyes at the end straight up "Don't mess with me." Chills...

Added to the list of best Male MCs
Aug 16, 2017 1:52 PM
Jun 2016
is it weird I'm glad it was just a stalker? I thought at first it was going to be blackmail to make Sakura back down on her claims or something
Aug 16, 2017 2:00 PM
May 2017
Sakura's Problem

I expected Sakura to be posting pictures of herself online but not as in a blog. I knew that had fans but not like that. It seems to creep me out that this dude thinks he is destined to be with young girl just because he looks at the photos she posts on her blog (he thinks she posts them for him). And the fact that he goes all the to attempting to sexually assault her is to show how desperate he is when it comes to romance (or something like that). I knew I recognized the character from the same series but couldn't remember where. Then when they mentioned that he worked at the electronics store I remembered him from last episode. So that means the way he looking at her and the reason he wanted her address wasn't really based on her imagination and misunderstanding, it was because he knew her from her blog and he wanted to know where she lives so he could try to do what he did this episode to her and honestly, I'm not sure he would fail. It's good that Ayanokouji was there and decided that they should send it to his address because the guy isn't interested in him.

Sudou's Case

Okay, they made false evidence to make the culprits think that they already knew that they did it and convinced them to take back the complaint. There is a guy in Class C that has connections and some sort of king-complex. He has these English bodyguards with him (I have no idea why they would allow that in the school) and there is a girl with short greenish hair. He wants to eliminate all the classes and become the ruler of the school. So he will now target Ayanokouji and Horikita because they got in his way once before.

Ayanokouji-kun's Backstory

I feel like Ayanokouji is heavily inspired by Katsuhira from Kiznaiver. Both of their emotions seem to be compressed and they were part of a experiment when they were children. We don't know if the experiment failed so I can't say if it's entirely like Katsuhira, but I got a theory. It's some sort of assassin type thing. Remove their emotions, make them strong and teach them how to fight. I guess we have to find out in the next episode.

----=
Aug 16, 2017 2:03 PM
May 2017
Kuriji said:
Ayanakoji's eyes at the end straight up "Don't mess with me." Chills...

Added to the list of best Male MCs

It was "Don't pry into my life." And yeah, it seemed like it was serious to him that no one knows what happened with him back them. Chills indeed.
Aug 16, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2009
Another great epd, his past looks pretty damn touche

Sakura needs some bodyguards yo that was close

Aug 16, 2017 3:01 PM

Aug 2015
The fucking lab rat cliche? I honestly can't figure out what this show is trying to be. First, a Baka and Test-esque competitive class system, then a crime courtroom drama, now this? Will this show ever have consistency in its storytelling?
Aug 16, 2017 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
mysticdonkye said:
Sakura's Problem

I expected Sakura to be posting pictures of herself online but not as in a blog. I knew that had fans but not like that. It seems to creep me out that this dude thinks he is destined to be with young girl just because he looks at the photos she posts on her blog (he thinks she posts them for him). And the fact that he goes all the to attempting to sexually assault her is to show how desperate he is when it comes to romance (or something like that). I knew I recognized the character from the same series but couldn't remember where. Then when they mentioned that he worked at the electronics store I remembered him from last episode. So that means the way he looking at her and the reason he wanted her address wasn't really based on her imagination and misunderstanding, it was because he knew her from her blog and he wanted to know where she lives so he could try to do what he did this episode to her and honestly, I'm not sure he would fail. It's good that Ayanokouji was there and decided that they should send it to his address because the guy isn't interested in him.

Sudou's Case

Okay, they made false evidence to make the culprits think that they already knew that they did it and convinced them to take back the complaint. There is a guy in Class C that has connections and some sort of king-complex. He has these English bodyguards with him (I have no idea why they would allow that in the school) and there is a girl with short greenish hair. He wants to eliminate all the classes and become the ruler of the school. So he will now target Ayanokouji and Horikita because they got in his way once before.

Ayanokouji-kun's Backstory

I feel like Ayanokouji is heavily inspired by Katsuhira from Kiznaiver. Both of their emotions seem to be compressed and they were part of a experiment when they were children. We don't know if the experiment failed so I can't say if it's entirely like Katsuhira, but I got a theory. It's some sort of assassin type thing. Remove their emotions, make them strong and teach them how to fight. I guess we have to find out in the next episode.

----=

Assassin doesn't fit the anime.
Being trained to excel at everything in order to be part of a company or have a role in society makes more sense I guess. Like a group of people that would be part of some agenda.
Aug 16, 2017 3:19 PM

Mar 2016
This anime flirts with a darker undertone and that's what keeps it exciting and interesting! So creepy with the video store guy assaulting and almost raping Sakura but luckily they got there in time. I can't wait to see more into the dark past of Ayanokoji even if he doesn't want anyone prying into it...that made his character instantly more intriguing to me. I can't wait to see what happens next!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 16, 2017 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
My guess is Ayanokoji was born in some kind of lab to raise smart kids or something. I want to know his background story way more than Kushida's now.
Aug 16, 2017 3:29 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was something else. The case with Sudo wrapped up nicely and we were able to get a glimpse into the MC's past. Can't wait until next week!
Aug 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Sep 2015
What kind of screwed up back story can he have?!?! Watashi Kininarimasu. <- Who else felt like this was almost like an episode of Hyouka?
Aug 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
So his past has something to do with facility stuff for children. Going to assume they train the kids as hitmen or some shit like that, as that's the only real reason to have a facility for children in most anime these days. Most logical explanation due to his martial arts or whatever we saw earlier.

I kinda want to spoil myself now. Kinda curious.
Aug 16, 2017 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
I knew that camera dude was a complete sleezeball, Ayanakoji also felt the same and set up him great.

It's good that they managed to help Sudo out.

Loved that scene at the end, he eyes when he said don't pry into my life.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.
Aug 16, 2017 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
This anime definitely got a hook on me, they outdid themselves with the protogonist (I'm assuming his character personality is the same in the light novel, someone correct me on this)

Aug 16, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2016
This was a very important episode as you see at the end. We see some of Ayanokoji's past. I think it's safe to say that Ayanokoji is among one of the smartest students at the school and he doesn't want to leave anyone behind due to his past trauma (as we see in the flashback). Of course this is all speculation.

Overall this episode was amazing.
Aug 16, 2017 4:06 PM

Sep 2016
carliz_kun said:

[/quote] Why is she your favorite grill? Curious.
Aug 16, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, I feel sorry for Airi after that creep's attempting assault. Good thing Kiyotaka came to the rescue.

Speaking of Kiyotaka, that flashback and that look at the end made me way too curious. Really sucks that the anime is already past the novel translation.

Great episode.

Aug 16, 2017 5:03 PM
Aug 2015
This is quickly becoming one of my favourite anime's from the Summer lineup.
Aug 16, 2017 5:15 PM

Jun 2010
Can someone please explain to me why Class C has a 30 year old Black Man in their roster?
Aug 16, 2017 5:16 PM

Jan 2014
ANIME OF THE SEASON EASILY
Aug 16, 2017 5:23 PM
Sep 2016
At first i thought this series would be one of the cringe and cliche anime about a emo/boring guy helping random girls without a any reason.
ep 6 is a game changer, it gives me different perspective about this anime the background story part isn't really anything new but at least it gives us a hint why he acts that way.

from 7/10 to 8/10

please don't fail my expectation
Aug 16, 2017 5:31 PM
Feb 2015
Am I the only one who got the vibe that the MC was heartless (emotionless) even as a child from the flasback ? Like the kid next to him was dying (I presume) and he just turned a blank eye. I love this MC so much and I agree with the sensei that he is probably the most broken out of all of D class. I feel like that he genuinely wants to have a normal school life because I acan presume from the flashback he didn't have a normal life and he is aware that he is kinda numb so he wants to a least have a normal school life but there must be something else too
Aug 16, 2017 5:33 PM
Feb 2015
Also the background in this episode was fascinating! The sky and clouds were so beautiful
Aug 16, 2017 5:47 PM

Jun 2016
I'm just wondering why the genre is romance when there is no romance even going on here. I feel like this anime is so serious and this ep... CRAZY!

Also, I'm curious about the opening songs. There is lots of word in it but its on a different language I wonder if it trying to tell us something.
Aug 16, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2016
Freestyle80 said:
why oh why in these situations the girls run into an empty alley? stay in crowded places even when u panic you should be able to make this decision.

Anyway the best was definitely when he saved her 'Your life is over now' just casually saying that :D

The end was interesting-
from seeing the flashback I feel like his gonna die too.
Aug 16, 2017 5:49 PM
Aug 2016
damn that ayanokouji. he can manipulate everything around him! i can relate to him, saying things so that you gain trusts and just for your own convenience and business xD but dont ever try to set a trap for sakura too, she's so innocent you know~

anyway, great episode. it's getting darker and darker, each and every character they have are really something you can called hypocrite, huh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2017 5:54 PM
Apr 2014
AvidAnimeViewer said:
The fucking lab rat cliche? I honestly can't figure out what this show is trying to be. First, a Baka and Test-esque competitive class system, then a crime courtroom drama, now this? Will this show ever have consistency in its storytelling?

Just leave it be, dude. it'll be totally boring if the show's going as you want.

All of the cases aint that unrelatrd, and we knew that it was ryuuen's doing for finding out the effect of expulsion.

And it was just koji got triggered by hori's words,and that popped up. it was only flasback anyways. people's been talking some shit bout the ln, and they didnt even have a clue about that room, since it was only mentioned(cmiiw) So lerche wont go in to the details, likely. Good for you buddy, no more cliche for you
Aug 16, 2017 6:02 PM

Feb 2017
This anime is so fucking good.

I love the dark undertones. The ending scene was amazing. I think that's the most emotion I've seen the MC display. His voice was very flat still, but the way the camera was positioned on his eyes made it seem really sinister. I half expected yandere eyes :') I'm dying to know who he is and what happened to him. It's taking a lot not to google the source material and search for spoilers :P I'm actually rooting for MC to be a bit evil. I like his manipulative, cold side.

The Sakura story was really, really creepy. Like, it honestly got to me. As someone who has experience sexual assault, I found it really hard to watch.

Only thing missing from this ep was Kushida!

ladamesansmerciAug 16, 2017 6:06 PM
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Aug 16, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2015
Ayanokouji's character is so damn interesting, I'm so hyped to see what happened to him in the past, that small flashback looked like he was a kid used for tests or similar, wow.
Aug 16, 2017 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
DragonShaker said:
Freestyle80 said:
why oh why in these situations the girls run into an empty alley? stay in crowded places even when u panic you should be able to make this decision.

Anyway the best was definitely when he saved her 'Your life is over now' just casually saying that :D

The end was interesting-

What the Teacher said to Horikita gave me that exact vibe.

At first, I thought that he was terminally ill or something, that he knew the day he was going to day, so that's why he was helping everyone and letting them get all the credit.

Then... the ending happened. I abandoned my idea and fell into thinking the obvious. He's a child soldier hitman and got away so he wants to keep a low profile and enjoy his life, or something.

But then, you say this... and now I'm thinking that maybe I was not so far off. Maybe, his days are counted. Maybe, that's the deal with this white room.

Anyways, it's just my impression.

EPISODE 7 HYPE!!
Aug 16, 2017 6:15 PM

Jan 2017
And the story FINALLY picks up! queue dramatic music
Aug 16, 2017 6:16 PM

Jun 2016
GamerGarm said:
DragonShaker said:

What the Teacher said to Horikita gave me that exact vibe.

At first, I thought that he was terminally ill or something, that he knew the day he was going to day, so that's why he was helping everyone and letting them get all the credit.

Then... the ending happened. I abandoned my idea and fell into thinking the obvious. He's a child soldier hitman and got away so he wants to keep a low profile and enjoy his life, or something.

But then, you say this... and now I'm thinking that maybe I was not so far off. Maybe, his days are counted. Maybe, that's the deal with this white room.

Anyways, it's just my impression.

EPISODE 7 HYPE!!
he also says i want peace in my life or something like that. yea I feel like he has ill and doesnt want anybody to know or hurt anybody.

YEP EP 7 CANT WAIT
Aug 16, 2017 6:29 PM
May 2013
not sure why this and the past 2 episodes are rated so high. it wasnt THAT good. solid episodes though for this sakura girl arc. i could do without it since she doesnt seem like she'd be an important person who will add to the story but ehh watever

also, i feel like they are overusing that epic piano ost first heard when anokoji and kushida were doing that rape scene. its literally played 3 times in a row for the past 3 episodes. the next few times they play it, the value of it is just going to go down and if there's something epic or crazy that happens later on, it wont be as good
Aug 16, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 2017
GamerGarm said:

Into THINKING THE OBVIOUS!! "He's a child soldier hitman and got away so he wants to keep a low profile and enjoy his life, or something"
Just listen to yourself!

What about.... he is someone who was trained to be excellent at EVERYTHING! and is cold hearted (love those type of characters!), and now this is where the **** hits the fan... and someone who he felt different towards (like friend, but since he is still cold hearted not really) (someone who was his commander or something like that) made a comment on how heartless he was, and so he thought maybe if I attend this school and have a 'normal' school life I will be different somehow

NOW LISTEN TO ME!!! SERIOUSLY!!! TOTAL CRACKPOT!!!!

Anyways as for how the future goes, we have that "Romance" tag on this series, so we can already discern what will happen between the 2 MCs and if my retarded guess holds true (.00000000000000000000001% chance) things take a MASSIVE TURN and secrets get revealed etc and the list of ppl who he gives a damn about gets a new addition!
Aug 16, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
and the dick riding begins ,everyone hyping up the MC like the teacher they didn't show much but i really hope it isn't just another lab rat backstory

i don't know about having a "Yuuji Kazami" in whatever this show is still trying to be granted it is getting more serious i can say the least i'm curious to what events may need someone of that caliber foreseeable tone shift ?
Aug 16, 2017 6:34 PM

Jan 2017
povveriess said:
not sure why this and the past 2 episodes are rated so high. it wasnt THAT good. solid episodes though for this sakura girl arc. i could do without it since she doesnt seem like she'd be an important person who will add to the story but ehh watever

also, i feel like they are overusing that epic piano ost first heard when anokoji and kushida were doing that rape scene. its literally played 3 times in a row for the past 3 episodes. the next few times they play it, the value of it is just going to go down and if there's something epic or crazy that happens later on, it wont be as good

Whattt???? I thought that the series JUST pick up!
Aug 16, 2017 6:39 PM

Mar 2014
fking idol otaku is so disgusting. these fans should be eliminated
Aug 16, 2017 6:44 PM

Aug 2012
I don't smell the death flag like other say. All I know now is MC so OP (thanks to the spoiler that I read)
Aug 16, 2017 6:49 PM
Mar 2014
neonie said:
Can someone please explain to me why Class C has a 30 year old Black Man in their roster?

lol...He was described in LN as a half with African bloodline and therefore has a big stature, but yeah...I think he anime portrayal overdid that...
Aug 16, 2017 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
chunng said:
eh... seems like Ayanokoji is from one of these cliched research facility that we have seen in countless other series.

im pretty sure he is a sociopath , being a lab rat is just a plot device to explain his super smarts
Aug 16, 2017 6:54 PM
May 2017
Definitely AOTS, i Just love it, that scene when Ayanokoji's face went dark was so heavy I really like this character actually COTS too.
Aug 16, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2015
Ayanokoji is getting more and more interesting by each episode, I'm fucking curious exactly what the hell he is.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 16, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2015
houki_23 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Just leave it be, dude. it'll be totally boring if the show's going as you want.

All of the cases aint that unrelatrd, and we knew that it was ryuuen's doing for finding out the effect of expulsion.

And it was just koji got triggered by hori's words,and that popped up. it was only flasback anyways. people's been talking some shit bout the ln, and they didnt even have a clue about that room, since it was only mentioned(cmiiw) So lerche wont go in to the details, likely. Good for you buddy, no more cliche for you

My problem is that there's no way the main character's background is going to be delved into to any major extent. It'll probably be revealed in the last 3 eps or so, and then after solving some problem they were in before the reveal the series will end. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it ending any other way at this point. We'll see what happens next episode.
Aug 16, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
Finally the case is solved.
The pacing is really slow imo. We already have 6 episode but most of it centered around Sudo and his troubles. I hope we got a new interesting development.
And I'm really interested in Ayanokouji past and his true goal
Aug 16, 2017 8:11 PM
Feb 2017
When the student council president asked Ayanokoji to be the student council secretary it was just like Mulan. Lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvI8JM93-0o&t=103s
(skip to 1:35)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.