Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, Midari's twisted personality is in full force again this episode. Glad to see this series being so faithful to her character.

Tbh, I think this episode had the most dangerous and risky game yet. Not that it's just money Jabami should be worried about but also her life. Against someone as Midari, I think this show really brings out the craziness. And that's freaking awesome imo. Midari's reactions are so lewd lmao

The student council president is scary as hell.
Stark700Aug 13, 2017 7:25 AM
Aug 12, 2017 6:32 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The episode ending was nice, Midari is a crazy one. I was expecting that they change the psychologic aspect from the manga but gladly they followed it. The next episode is going to be great.

Aug 12, 2017 10:14 AM

Nov 2015
OH. We are getting an episode this week?
(:
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 12, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2016
What's the meaning of Yumeko's sister making those cranes? i don't get it 😖
Aug 12, 2017 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
That room gave me some SAW vibes. Next episode is going to be crazy.
Aug 12, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Mari is so nice to give yumeko 250.000.000 yen

totally straight thing to do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 12, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
Meari's 'former' friends asking whether to be friends. Really?

Yeah, Midari is the very definition of crazy. This new gambling is dangerous. Wonder what Yumeko has up her sleeve.

The Student Council President wants Meari to join the council. From the looks of it, and unsurprisingly, she's also crazy.

Aug 12, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2014
The moment between Yumeko and Midari where they touched each other's faces......where are those doujins? Asking for a friend.....

This episode was absolute madness. It seems like the crazy level of each episode one-ups the craziness of the previous one. Midari definitely has way more than just a few screws loose, and next episode is bound to be even crazier as we see her match with Yumeko unfold.

Also, the student council president seems extremely intimidating as she tried convincing Mary to join the council. Clearly, she's also a crazy bitch so I wonder how Mary will handle this.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 12, 2017 5:47 PM

Jun 2015
Midari is very crazy. Her facial expressions were insane. This match is going to be dangerous and risky. They're putting their lives on the line. Both of them are literally the same. The student council president asked Meari to join the council. She's also crazy.
Aug 12, 2017 6:11 PM
Sep 2016
Seems that Jabami had quite a rough past with her sister hospitalized. :(

Midari is clearly a psycho and the student council president has such a scary vibe to her.

Aug 12, 2017 6:21 PM
Sep 2014
uttertwat said:

Folklore has it if you fold 1000 cranes you get a wish granted from God
Aug 12, 2017 6:37 PM
Aug 2016
Glad to see Kakegurui get an episode this week. Also, we finally get to see the full insanity of Midari in animated form!
Aug 12, 2017 7:05 PM

Sep 2015
Nah I can't handle this anymore
Going to read the manga NoW!
Aug 12, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
Yep, only someone as crazy as Midari could come up with a game like that.

Can't wait for the next episode to see the result.
Aug 12, 2017 7:24 PM

May 2012
Boy these are some crazy as women. And I love it!

Waited so long, but it was def worth it. This game is on some other shit.

Jabami is with all the shits. The ending gave me chills. I know there is one gun with a six rounds and they have to shoot it. As seen from the ending Midari don't give no fucks.

I really like Meari, but she is nothing compared to student council president. She completely had Mary scared.

Swear I needed one more episode after that cliff hanger. Man I can't wait till next week.
Aug 12, 2017 7:26 PM

Oct 2013
Obviously, there is more to this game than meets the eye. Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 12, 2017 7:56 PM

May 2010
Now this is why I took interest in this anime. I don't quite know what trick she pulled, but I'm positive that Yumeko rigged her gun somehow. I think she intended to lose the first round knowing Mary would get Yumeko's gun.

It's interesting seeing the disparity. Mary loves the thrill of being on the edge of death, and it's met Yumeko's world of gambling. I think Yumeko is probably disinterested, because the particular game they're playing is too simple, I think it's going to bore her.
Aug 12, 2017 8:09 PM

Nov 2016
Oh boy this was nuts

I can just say

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 12, 2017 8:26 PM
Jul 2017
uttertwat said:

There's a legend in japan where if you make like a whole bunch of paper cranes you'll be healed instantly.

I think its like 1000 or something....
Aug 12, 2017 8:32 PM

Feb 2009
I feel like even Yumeko knows this girl is a basket case and is keeping her at arm's length while she can figure out a way to beat the game lol,

Aug 12, 2017 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
Holy crap Midari is freaking insane. The ESP Game is bloody crazy using real bullets.

Yumeko is so fearless and loving it.
Student Council President is scary.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 12, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2015
Whoa, as expected from the "Beautification" Committee leader. She really care about what happen to Yumeko. Considering they have same "fetish". (Wait, can I say that?)
Well, leaving that matter. Marry is getting a "recommendation" straight from Council President to join her in a tea time? Now this is getting more exciting.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 12, 2017 9:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Andddddd that masochist girl continues to freak me out to no end

Other than that, I hope Mary declines the President's offer solely because its obviously some shady trick that will only bite her in the ass
Aug 12, 2017 9:19 PM

Feb 2009
Man that crazy bitch is back. YES!!!! Great epd.
Aug 12, 2017 10:37 PM

Jul 2015
They're speeding through these chapters, aren't they. I mean, that's two chapters adapted into here, and they are already going toward the third. o.o

We finally see Suzui take part and action in a gambling match. Yumeko sees a ton of potential in him. The council president also sees a lot of potential in Mary as well. She REALLY wants her to join the group.

We are also learning more and more about Yumeko. She doesn't plan on throwing away her status in order to take advantage of the official matches right, though a number of us already figured that would be the case. She also lives by herself with no parents whatsoever. Her only other relative is an older sister, and she's been held up in a university's ward (thought it was a mental ward, but based on my reasoning, I'm likely very wrong. lol). Seeing as how she folds all of that money, she doesn't really care much about the money itself. It's safe to say that Yumeko pretty much took some of her aspects.

We are also learning more about the school. Ikishima stated that the council president does as much as she can to hide all of the crazy things they do that would bring their reputation down, including playing this type of game at all or even Ikishima running around with the sort of gun herself. The president really is insane, in a way. This is why Ikishima is allowed to do all sorts of these things without really getting into much trouble.

Now then, while the episode was still enjoyable, when it came to the adaption itself... Eh. I'll just hide it via button. I don't want to potentially ruin other people's enjoyment with what I'm saying. Not to mention that not everyone cares about what's going on in the manga, or manga in general. Understandable feeling, really.

AmyTwoAug 13, 2017 4:22 AM
Aug 12, 2017 10:56 PM

Sep 2016
wow mann this was so Lit
Facta Non Verba
Aug 12, 2017 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
Too many serious nature moments this episode than the last couple of episodes with the reunion of that crazy twist girl! I wonder what is the strategy yumeko will use in this battle? I am sure she did not got hitted with the trigger.
Aug 13, 2017 12:07 AM
Oct 2007
Pretty intense for a setup episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2017 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
And we come to the only arc I don't like in the manga. Oh well.
Aug 13, 2017 1:05 AM
Jun 2011
AmyTwo said:
The pacing sure is quick, isn't it. I mean, that's two chapters adapted into here, and they are already going toward the third. o.o

We finally see Suzui take part and action in a gambling match. Yumeko sees a ton of potential in him. The council president also sees a lot of potential in Mary as well. She REALLY wants her to join the group.

We are also learning more and more about Yumeko. She doesn't plan on throwing away her status in order to take advantage of the official matches right, though a number of us already figured that would be the case. She also lives by herself with no parents whatsoever. Her only other relative is an older sister, and she's been held up in a university's mental ward. Seeing as how she folds all of that money, she doesn't really care much about money itself. It's safe to say that Yumeko pretty much took some of her aspects. lol

We are also learning more about the school. Ikishima stated that the council president does as much as she can to hide all of the crazy things they do that would bring their reputation down, including playing this type of game at all or even Ikishima running around with the sort of gun herself. The president really is insane, in a way. This is why Ikishima is allowed to do all sorts of these things without really getting into much trouble.

Now then, while the episode was still enjoyable, when it came to the adaption itself... Eh. I'll just hide it via button. I don't want to potentially ruin other people's enjoyment with what I'm saying. Not to mention that not everyone cares about what's going on in the manga, or manga in general. Understandable feeling, really.

as a manga reader i dont think that they rushing too much and like i said to you this will be the perfect season ending
Aug 13, 2017 1:28 AM
Jul 2013
Kirari's terrifying but that's what makes her so good.
Aug 13, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2015
elior1 said:
AmyTwo said:
The pacing sure is quick, isn't it. I mean, that's two chapters adapted into here, and they are already going toward the third. o.o

We are also learning more and more about Yumeko. She doesn't plan on throwing away her status in order to take advantage of the official matches right, though a number of us already figured that would be the case. She also lives by herself with no parents whatsoever. Her only other relative is an older sister, and she's been held up in a university's mental ward. Seeing as how she folds all of that money, she doesn't really care much about money itself. It's safe to say that Yumeko pretty much took some of her aspects. lol

as a manga reader i dont think that they rushing too much and like i said to you this will be the perfect season ending

I certainly hope so, as I thought it was going so, so well before. I couldn't help but tend to worry now. Fingers continue to be crossed here.

Maybe I've exaggerated when it came to me describing the pacing. I meant that they were already quickly adapting two or more chapters. The actual pacing of the anime is mostly fine, but it just feels like now that they might have to skip a notable amount of things that I think would have made it more enjoyable in order to get to where it needs to be. Well, here's to hoping I'm proven wrong, since I really want this to turn out well, and hope that it has the great ending that you also expect it to have.
AmyTwoAug 13, 2017 1:35 AM
Aug 13, 2017 1:34 AM
Jun 2011
AmyTwo said:
elior1 said:

I certainly hope so, as I thought it was going so, so well before. I couldn't help but tend to worry now. Fingers continue to be crossed here.
you also agree they will end the season at this good point if they will continue at this pace?
Aug 13, 2017 1:41 AM

Aug 2014
my boy Suzui gets all the bitches. they all be flocking, sittin on his dick and shiiiiiii. ay Yumeko is a keeper tho <3 GLHF WP GG 2EZ
Aug 13, 2017 1:42 AM

Jul 2015
elior1 said:
AmyTwo said:

you also agree they will end the season at this good point if they will continue at this pace?

I edited my previous comment.

I hope so. I would like for this to turn out well overall.
Aug 13, 2017 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, things are getting intense, this game is spooky, that cliffhanger q_q
Aug 13, 2017 1:57 AM
Jun 2011
AmyTwo said:
elior1 said:

AmyTwo said:
elior1 said:

AmyTwo said:
elior1 said:

AmyTwo said:
elior1 said:

i think if they were rushing this they would end that arc i talking about by the end of the season which impossible
Aug 13, 2017 2:22 AM

Jul 2015
elior1 said:
i think if they were rushing this they would end that arc i talking about by the end of the season which impossible

What did you do to my comment? lol

I'm pretty sure they'll end it right where I think they will end it at this pace for this season, which actually would be a good ending point. I just worry that they'll skip too much that would probably would have made it even better, and that they would have benefited more if they had more episodes, like up to 16, instead of just 12.
Aug 13, 2017 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Cannot wait to see the game next episode, this wasn't enough.
Aug 13, 2017 3:09 AM

May 2017
AmyTwo said:

Lol "potential" Suzui? He's just "the little blind mouse" and is being used by Yumeko with no ill intent of course.
Aug 13, 2017 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but a little slow.

They added some new scenes not from manga like a what if Yumeko dying, her sister's appearance as well as Midari being more sexual than the manga. I also love the president's scenes here. She's much more aggressive and even the setting of the game seems to be more of a prison than the manga.

Shame there's only 12 episodes left. I really want them to reach

I also love the OST! Can't wait till they release it :)
Aug 13, 2017 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
World_Creator said:
AmyTwo said:

Lol "potential" Suzui? He's just "the little blind mouse" and is being used by Yumeko with no ill intent of course.

Well you see, why would she even use him in the first place if she knew that there was no potential in him? We already know that Yumeko isn't really a bad person, and that she cares about her friends. She wouldn't throw him in the game at all for no reason. She wouldn't use him if she knew that he didn't have anything in himself. She knows he has potential and she trusts him greatly as well. She wouldn't set the condition that she would only play if he was the dealer if she didn't trust him. Her life is on the line here. lol

SomaHeir said:
Shame there's only 12 episodes left.

Wait, what? There's going to be 18 episodes now? :O
AmyTwoAug 13, 2017 3:39 AM
Aug 13, 2017 3:32 AM

Oct 2013
uttertwat said:
its said if you make a certain amount of those paper cranes you are given a wish. I once read a book in elementary school that it was common for people in Japan to make those cranes while in the hospital from radiation poison after the nuclear bombs of WW2 so her sister probably has an un curable disease
Aug 13, 2017 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
Deknijff said:
uttertwat said:
its said if you make a certain amount of those paper cranes you are given a wish. I once read a book in elementary school that it was common for people in Japan to make those cranes while in the hospital from radiation poison after the nuclear bombs of WW2 so her sister probably has an un curable disease

I thought she was in a mental ward.
Aug 13, 2017 3:51 AM
Jun 2016
AmyTwo said:
Deknijff said:

Why? It didn't say the type of room.
Aug 13, 2017 3:56 AM

Jul 2015
4Dissinity said:
AmyTwo said:

Because she was folding so much money into cranes, so idk. I assumed that she doesn't value money that much either, along with possibly that she was probably a crazy gambling-loving woman too and that she was in there because of that sort of thing.
AmyTwoAug 13, 2017 3:59 AM
Aug 13, 2017 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
AmyTwo said:
Deknijff said:
well it could be that too I guess
AmyTwo said:
4Dissinity said:
Because she was folding money into cranes, so idk. I assumed that she was probably a crazy gambling-loving woman too and that she was in there because of that sort of thing.
pretty sure its just a symbolic thing of saying they are so rich money is just regular paper to them
After all Jabami doesn't care about money and her actions aren't based off of making a profit
Aug 13, 2017 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Deknijff said:
AmyTwo said:
well it could be that too I guess
AmyTwo said:
Because she was folding money into cranes, so idk. I assumed that she was probably a crazy gambling-loving woman too and that she was in there because of that sort of thing.
pretty sure its just a symbolic thing of saying they are so rich money is just regular paper to them
After all Jabami doesn't care about money and her actions aren't based off of making a profit

Ah, that would make sense. That makes a lot more sense than I assumed. lol Alright. I didn't really get that.
Aug 13, 2017 4:13 AM

Sep 2014
Ahhh they are both crazy. I wonder what Yumekos plan is. Not loading the gun at all seems to obvious - especially since Midari should be able to tell the difference in weight. They are her guns after all.

My take on the money cranes would be that they are just so insanely rich that they could probably buy the school and everyone in it.
But maybe her sister had a connection to the council president and thats why Yumeko wanted to go to that school first place? Lets see (or probably not because such things usually only happen in the source -.- )
Comander-07Aug 13, 2017 4:16 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 13, 2017 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
Comander-07 said:
My take on the money cranes would be that they are just so insanely rich that they could probably buy the school and everyone in it.

That's probably true. I think I speculated the whole thing very wrong. lol It was probably a lot more obvious than I'd ever notice myself.

Edited my original comment. No longer saying it's a mental ward now (even though that's still possible).
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Realm of Gambling

egosumjohn - Nov 9, 2023

33 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 30, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.