Forum Settings
Forums

Movie Trilogy 'Donten ni Warau Gaiden' Announces Production Staff

New
Aug 2, 2017 11:16 PM

Jul 2009
The official website of the anime adaptation of the Donten ni Warau Gaiden supernatural action manga has announced its production staff members. Voice cast members from the 2014 anime series will reprise their roles, joined by several new cast members.

The adaptation will be released as a movie trilogy with the first installment, titled Donten ni Warau Gaiden: Ketsubetsu, Yamainu no Chikai opening in Japanese theaters on December 2, 2017. Advance ticket sales for the first installment, which include a bonus clear file folder, begins on August 12. Tickets are priced at 1,800 yen each.

Limited theater edition Blu-ray discs of the first movie installment will also be sold at participating theaters. More information on the retail edition Blu-ray discs will be announced at a later date.

Synopsis
"Protect this country from behind the curtains of history." In those days, we were dreaming seriously.

Eleven years before the resurrection of Orochi, the demon serpent that awakes every 300 years, there were those who aimed to protect the country behind the curtains of history. They are the Yamainu, the unit formed solely to contain Orochi. In that unit instructed by Kumou family head Taiko, its members include Tenka and his sworn friends Sousei Abeno, Kiiko Sasaki, and others.

However, as a result of a certain incident, Tenka parted ways with the other Yamainu who held the same ambitions. There was something that could not be protected if he remained affiliated with the unit.

In the twelfth year of the Meiji era, under the clear skies of Shiga where the serpent was destroyed, the Yamainu and the Kumou brothers discover Tenka's hidden feelings.

Staff
Director: Tetsuya Wakano (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic episode director)
Series Composition: Eiji Umehara (Beelzebub)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Kie Tanaka (Hundred)
Assistant Director: Hitomi Ezoe (Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season episode director)
Action Animation Director: Kouichi Usami (Isuca)
Animation Director: Kenji Fujisaki (Zettai Karen Children), Takuma Ebisu (Robotics;Notes), Natsuko Suzuki (Bleach)
Prop Design: Kenji Fujisaki (Tsuki ga Kirei), Shinya Asanuma (Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?)
Color Design: Miyuki Kohata (Non Non Niyori)
Director of Photography: Hideki Imaizumi (Sousei no Onmyouji)
Music: Yutaka Yamada (Tokyo Ghoul)
Music Production: Shochiku Music Publishing
Sound Director: Shouji Hata (Fairy Tail)
Sound Production: Sound Team Don Juan
Studio: Wit Studio
Distribution: Shochiku Media Division
Production: Shochiku, Production I.G, Kinoshita Management

Cast
Tenka Kumou: Yuuichi Nakamura (Drifters)
Soramaru Kumou: Yuki Kaji (Accel World)
Chuutarou Kumou: Tsubasa Yonaga (Suki ni Naru Sono Shunkan wo.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai)
Sousei Abeno: Kousuke Toriumi (Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu)
Seiichirou Takamine: Hiroki Yasumoto (Hoozuki no Reitetsu)
Kiiko Sasaki: Sayaka Ohara (Re:Creators)
Mutsuki Ashiya: Yuuki Fujiwara (ChäoS;Child)
Zenzou Inukai: Takahiro Fujiwara (Boku no Hero Academia)
Chenran Shi: Hiroshi Iwasaki (Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis)
Rakuchou Takeda: Hiro Shimono (ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka)
Hirari Abeno: Kenichi Suzumura (Prison School)
Botan: Rina Satou (Rokka no Yuusha)
Nishiki: Mamiko Noto (Jigoku Shoujo)
Shirasu Kinjou: Takahiro Sakurai (Uchouten Kazoku)
Taiko Kumou: Tooru Ookawa (Shiki) NEW
Koyuki Kumou: Fumiko Orikasa (Little Witch Academia) NEW

Official site: http://www.donten-anime.jp/

Source: animate Times
VindstotDec 25, 2021 11:25 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 2, 2017 11:21 PM

Feb 2011
So a trilogy is the new trending way to milk a cash cow ?
Aug 2, 2017 11:39 PM

Jul 2009
Hatsuyuki said:

A movie's production schedule is usually better for a studio. It's a more manageable chaos than the rush in a TV series production.
Aug 2, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
I love donten, can't wait!!
they messed up the manga art style again
Aug 2, 2017 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
arsonal said:
Hatsuyuki said:

A movie's production schedule is usually better for a studio. It's a more manageable chaos than the rush in a TV series production.

and you also reported (or other MAL news moderator) that anime movies are becoming more profitable for the anime industry too and it shows on that AJA report if i remember right
Aug 3, 2017 5:43 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
They can manage better budgets and the time release is longer so they usually spend time improving. Releasing a movie could be in part better in terms of quality but in terms of marketing no. The investors need to wait until the release of the movie in order to start the merchandise promotion. In the TV series they usually release songs, merch, etc while it is airing.

Aug 3, 2017 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
Oh so it's gonna be movies instead, well can't wait and I guess we'll be seeing their parents? Is that who the new cast are?
Aug 3, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2009
j0x said:
arsonal said:

and you also reported (or other MAL news moderator) that anime movies are becoming more profitable for the anime industry too and it shows on that AJA report if i remember right

It's not that movies are necessarily becoming profitable. (Maybe they are, but we don't have solid data yet.) What we are seeing is studios diverting more of the resources they have to movie production as a consequence of what I and PipeBoss mentioned above. That's why production hours on movies have increased while production hours on television has been flat.
Aug 3, 2017 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
arsonal said:
j0x said:

It's not that movies are necessarily becoming profitable. (Maybe they are, but we don't have solid data yet.) What we are seeing is studios diverting more of the resources they have to movie production as a consequence of what I and PipeBoss mentioned above. That's why production hours on movies have increased while production hours on television has been flat.

i have googled this more and found this
Anime is Keeping Japan’s Movie Industry Alive
http://goboiano.com/anime-is-keeping-japans-movie-industry-alive/
Aug 3, 2017 10:06 AM

Jun 2008
Wait, this show is getting a movie trilogy?! Can't wait!
Aug 3, 2017 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty solid staff from what I've gathered, ohhh I can't wait for this one~ Huhu!
Hatsuyuki said:

Wait... for this series, how can Donten be considered as milking? There wasn't that much content from this series for like almost or maybe 3 years. .-.
Aug 3, 2017 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like the anime made profit lol. Didn't expect it with Japan's obsesion with lolis
I hope we'll be able to watch the whole trilogy in the next 84 years

Aug 4, 2017 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
This was a solid series, so I am looking forward to this. I will probably have to wait a year after release to watch the first one so I guess I might as well forget about it for the time being.

ani147 said:
Looks like the anime made profit lol. Didn't expect it with Japan's obsesion with lolis
I hope we'll be able to watch the whole trilogy in the next 84 years

It will probably take something around 112 years. 84 is underestimating it.
Dec 1, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2007
Movie 2 is subtitled Shukumei, Soutou no Fuuma, and will premiere on June 9, 2018.
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/259274
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
19 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
1 hour ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.