Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cracker is tough! Poor Luffy is going to have some trouble with him. I really liked how they showed a bit of him defeating Uruoge. Now we know where he got his injuries from. Although he was still pretty impressive defeating the fourth commander.

Nami was pretty awesome hitting Brûlée with that lightning. Got love that smile.
Jul 22, 2017 7:54 PM

Dec 2009
I liked more when she got the rape eyes a second after that screenshot
Jul 22, 2017 7:56 PM
Mar 2010
I feel the pacing was horrible... but I can dig that. I really rue the fact that One Piece always had 2.5minutes preview from last episode plus that long opening leaving only 15 minutes of new footages.

Good stuff showing Mad Monk beating Snack. Now, onto finale of Luffy vs Cracker.
I wanna see "that" fight ASAP!
Jul 22, 2017 8:58 PM

May 2015
Mam, the crew need to keep their sh*t together, they already in a pinch and now even Luffy is having a hard time with this dude... at this point I’m really worried about them not succeeding in their mission.
Jul 22, 2017 10:18 PM

May 2016
This preview in this end is just wowwww

Sadly we have to wait more a week T^T
sirYukiJul 22, 2017 10:23 PM
『  』
Jul 22, 2017 10:39 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Cracker vs Luffy is finally underway and damn Luffy is having trouble with one of Big Mom's underlings.

They dragged out the Nami being pulled by Brulee part so much. :(
Glad to see Pound stepping in to help and the thunderbolt tempo was great as well.

That Nami smirk at the end with the eyes was so much win. <3

The PV looks great but it almost looks like they reused footage from the Doffy fight in Dressrosa.
Jul 22, 2017 10:55 PM

Jun 2016
nanyatimz said:
I feel the pacing was horrible... but I can dig that. I really rue the fact that One Piece always had 2.5minutes preview from last episode plus that long opening leaving only 15 minutes of new footages.

Good stuff showing Mad Monk beating Snack. Now, onto finale of Luffy vs Cracker.

hmmm you made me curious. hahaha as a non manga reader.
Jul 22, 2017 11:49 PM

Aug 2008
Awful pacing. Hopefully they adapt well Luffy Gear 4 vs Cracker.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 23, 2017 3:00 AM

Feb 2013
Luffy is having a hard time against Cracker.
Wow, Urouge defeated one of Mom's generals.
Jul 23, 2017 3:25 AM

Apr 2015
nanyatimz said:

Yeah, in manga "that" fight was awesome.
Jul 23, 2017 3:56 AM

Aug 2014
The pacing in this episode was painstakingly slow.
Jul 23, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2016
Awful pacing but oh well, G4 atlast next episode. I just knew that TOEI were going to drag out the forest part of this arc as much as possible. The second half of the arc will go by fast as alot of things happens quickly so that's good.

Namis smile and them "Yandere" eyes at the end tho!
Jul 23, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
nice flashback with Urouge, its been a while since we have seen that character in action, even if he did get dusted. the battle with Cracker is looking really good and I was happy to see Nami using her new Clima Tact. I am really excited to see the return of Gear Fourth next episode.
Jul 23, 2017 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
That added urouge fight XD
Nami beating brulee and cracker defending well.
Jul 23, 2017 3:34 PM

Mar 2016
In my opinion, this was the one episodes until know that, even stretched, felt a real episode... The pace was good for me and the animation seems to have been better than the last episodes!

Urouge fought against a commander and won? That's incredible! Lesson: "Don't underestimate The Worst Generation!"
Besides, that explain the bandages in episode 739 when we saw Kaido jumping from the Sky Island...

Gear 4 next week! Awesome! Good to see that Naotoshi Shida is the one animating it or that could be a disaster!
Jul 23, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
Damn Cracker is like a tank, such a crazy defense with his shield and sword. I didn't expect him being able to have multiple arms and legs. This makes it even harder for Luffy to land a hit. He has problems against cracker, no matter what he tried (Gear 2, Gear 3, Red Hawk) he couldn't do any dmg against Cracker.

The conversation between Brulee and Nami was interesting. So far nobody of the worst generation got to see Big Mom or even fight her. Everyone ran away or like Bege became an ally of Big Mom. Urouge really beat one of the sweet commanders? I didn't knew he was that strong :o
But that explains why he had all these bandages around his body when we saw him in the episode they showed Kaido for the first time.

Close call for Nami when Brulee began to dragg her into the mirror. Good thing Pound helped her in the last second. The new clima tact is amazing, Brulee was down with one hit of the thunder :D

Namis look when she realised how she can use the vivre card hahaha.

The preview looks good. Gear 4 Luffy in action. I mean I don't think anything else will help against Cracker. But what was that at the end? Is this smaller guy the true form of Cracker or what? :o

Can't wait to see this.

Jul 23, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Damn gear fourth coming up in next ep.
Jul 23, 2017 8:45 PM

Jan 2016
crackers.
wish we got some idea who sweet #4 was but im guessing we get to see him in future because he was cast off not killed?

Jul 24, 2017 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
Intense episode, and that's right - if they can't take care of subordinates how on earth can they challenge someone like Big Mama?

Thankfully it looks like Luffy's got something up his sleeve. Looking forward to it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 24, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2016
The fact that Urouge can defeat one of Big Mom's general was so.....wow!
and I really love Nami's smirk btw
Jul 24, 2017 7:31 AM

Dec 2016
Never would have thought Urouge was that strong, also fuck that annoying bitch Brulee, and let's go Luffy, beat that overpowered Cracker! Also good shit Pound, stepping up and being a man when it really matters
#Pound4President
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 25, 2017 10:35 AM
May 2017
can't wait to see cracker vs luffy 4th gear
Jul 26, 2017 3:22 AM

Jul 2008
Fight gets interesting next week.
Jul 26, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2014
Really picked up in the second half!
I just love it when Nami does stuff because it doesn't happen too much nowadays...sure, I get it's because the enemies are getting stronger & Nami is on the weaker end of the spectrum...but I'd still like to see her at least trying like she did this episode instead of screaming for Luffy all the damn time.
So needless to say, I'm pretty happy!

Thought the stuff with Urouge was interesting too- honestly thought he just disappeared from existence because he's barely ever mentioned! But hey, it's cool that he actually defeated a Sweets Commander. I wonder if their identity will ever get revealed??

What I'm really curious about is Cracker's Devil Fruit (?) ability...I'm guessing it's either something to do with decay or changing the properties of stuff, or maybe some sort of illusion/multiplication thing since he was talking about only having one sword despite having 4 arms all armed with swords lmao

He doesn't seem too bright anyway.
I'm not particularly worried about Luffy...if he can beat Doffy then he can beat this dude just fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 11:20 AM

May 2010
How come I just can't get excited for any of these fight, they all seem so boooriiiing T_T I guess I'll blame the adaptation.
Aug 8, 2017 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
Why are they suddenly talking about the New World when the Strawhats have been there for a while now. Damn. One Piece's timeline is moving ever so slowly and so does each episode.

Oct 29, 2017 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
One of the better episodes lately, I still wish the animation was a bit better. Mabye next episode with gear fourth.
Jun 13, 2020 4:22 PM

Jun 2016
Cracker is quite the silly design, especially when he only had multiple arms on one side, a decision I was slightly sad to see revoked. While he was keeping up with Luffy, I thought it may be unsatisfying as if the villains were all as silly as ever and scaled up in difficulty yet no different, the same old goons as always. But of course Brulee and Cracker would be powerful, they are high ranking members under one of the top 4 pirates in the world. And further, this episode set up Cracker quite well. By stressing the fact that many of the worst generation came here and failed without ever reaching Mom gave the Sweet Generals a level of tangible respect. If Luffy can handle them then he has done something most of the worst generation haven’t.

I say most because unlike Kid, Apoo, and Bege who failed completely or in the latter-most case even joined under Mom, Urouge took down a Sweet General. When he entered this territory he bested one of the 4, making the title of Sweet Generals reduced to 3. That’s the kind of presence Urouge needs in the story as he's one of the worst generation who we know the least about. He did something no one else who ventured into this territory could do and then was bested by Cracker when he had already been exhausted. Can Luffy join his ranks? Obviously, but it will feel good when he does. And I love that Urouge got a flashback and everything, I want to see more of him and Drake!

Outside of the build up between Luffy exhausting nearly everything he had, potentially leading up to a gear 4 on a goof like Cracker, and establishing the presence of Urouge and the Sweet Generals, Nami got some time to shine. Not alone though, her boy Pound-chan decided to fight against Mom with her. He saved Nami and gave her an opportunity to be a complete badass, reminding me of when she struck down Khalifa. I understand why Pound would have the guts to do this. He was already ordered to die by Cracker’s hand, he isn’t allowed to see his beloved daughters, and Nami is one of his daughters' friends. There was no reason not to fight and he had the courage to do so. I’m glad because I really like him.
Aug 2, 2021 1:06 AM

May 2016
I suppose that the craziest part about Cracker is how he's roughly as strong as Doflamingo, if not stronger. I wonder how he'd end up faring against Gear 4th since everything else prior to that wasn't very effective against him.

Nami's smug face when she realized that she can take advantage of the trees and plants' fear of Big Mom's Vivre Card was priceless! It was also nice to see that Pound actually decided to save Nami from Brulee at the last second.

Aug 19, 2021 8:44 AM

Jun 2019
That was a really boring episode. Really slow pacing. Holy shit. I don't like to say such things but that ain't it.
Sep 4, 2021 3:09 AM

Aug 2021
I was glad to see some fight than just running away

Holy fuck that nami's stare at the end
Mar 29, 2023 4:28 AM
Oct 2020
bro what was that?
Oct 9, 2023 10:58 PM
Jun 2022
pound is so useless man and so annoying
Feb 11, 12:09 PM

May 2021
I think Nami awakened her sadist self in this episode which was a cute and pleasant surprise.
Feb 20, 11:01 PM
Oct 2019
Oh no Luffy attack are not working against Cracker😱

I guess Luffy really need to pull out that Gear Fourth??
Now I'm curious how the hell Luffy gonna fight Big Mom 😅

Damn I'm actually surprised Mad Monk Urogue is that strong, But still he wasn't strong enough against Cracker?

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 393 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JudgeRuthless - Mar 15, 2009

74 by gannoncannon55 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
Today, 6:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
Today, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.