Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, Alfonso got serious this episode against Berserker.
It was fun watching him fight against Spartacus even if it was briefly.

Loved the mind games between the two factions this episode. Achilles from Red Faction is what I had expected to be like in this series. Nice to see a glimpse of Atalanta fighting too. Archer vs Archer battle! Frankstein's no joke either with her strength. Really not a fan of that Gorde though...

Really good episode. Siegfried transferring his heart to Homunculus was dope.
Jul 22, 2017 8:28 AM

Sep 2014
That was... different. Though it was a good different(well, the last bit was). The encounter between the Red and Black servants was rushed af and a lot of incentive, dangers and character banter just wasn't there. But the bit at the end with Siegfried, Astolfo, e.t.c was very well executed(well, that's if my weeb ears are to be trusted) and probably the only good thing about this ep.
I also like the way they changed the first meeting Homunculus-kun has with Jeanne. It honestly still felt kinda awkward, but I prefer it to the LN one. Hopefully, the anime will continue improving on bits the LN fell flat on the way it's done so far, while not completely ruining parts which were already okay.
mira-pyonJul 23, 2017 1:45 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 22, 2017 8:43 AM
Apr 2012
How was Jeanne able to see into the future?
Jul 22, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2014
Animefreak316 said:
How was Jeanne able to see into the future?

She has a skill called 'Revelation'. It's not really seeing into the future and more like a sixth sense in regards to the best option to take.

I didn't see it get used in this ep, tho,(unless I missed it) so I dunno what you mean when you say she saw into the future.
Jul 22, 2017 9:04 AM
Apr 2012
The scene where she saw Astolfo was getting cornered by Siegfried.
Jul 22, 2017 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
Animefreak316 said:

Pretty sure it wasn't future sight. It just seemed like she was using her normal servant detection powers. Though I'd much rather wait for the subs, or a raw upload, to confirm anything.
Jul 22, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
I am really surprised how A1 Pictures is making the best Fate anime. I would have laughed at u 3 years ago.

The action is insane and no stupid FX or blue tint to ruin it
Jul 22, 2017 9:51 AM

Sep 2015
I am without word after watching the later half of this episode. Siegfried's end & his action gave me a few thoughts about my life. In the end he still want to apologize to his master? Man he should have been given a better master:(
Jul 22, 2017 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
so is siegfried gone for real? i was hoping we'd see the fight between him and mordred they showed in ep. 1
Jul 22, 2017 10:09 AM

Jun 2012
Come to think of it, there is now an actual legit archer in Anime.
edwd2 said:
so is siegfried gone for real? i was hoping we'd see the fight between him and mordred they showed in ep. 1

Yes, that fight will still happen soon
Jul 22, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
What an angel

Interesting episode, although the pacing felt very quick for the first half. The battle felt like it was just glossed over from my anime-only perspective :( Astolfo really got to show off this episode though! He's showing the "heroic" part of being a heroic spirit

Nice that Archer and Rider of Red finally got some action themselves. Rip Spartypants and Siegfried o7
Jul 22, 2017 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Jesus the fight was so short, why does a 2 cour adaptation need to feel so rushed?
Jul 22, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
That was a great episode. Let's quickly go through the highlights.

- Rider and Archer of Red discuss how they've never seen their Masters' faces, only Shirou and Semi. Eh, i'm sure they were high on purple smoke a little tired, i wouldn't worry too much.

- I LOVED that effect on Nyanta (I was pretty surprised they used the name Atalante instead of Atalanta) with her hair standing like an actual animal.

- All the stuff with Berserker of Red are pretty boring, so let's skip past it. The take away is that they have him now.

- Astolfo takes MC-kun to escape in his usual cheerful manner: "Yay! Let's escape this evil magic organization that has supernatural beings who are all stronger than me. It'll be great!!!".

- Siegfried and Achilles fight for a bit and-OH MY GOOD FRAN WAS SO CUTE AND THEN SHE READIED HER NP AND IT LOOKED BADASS AND THEN SHE CHARGED TOWARDS RIDER AND THAT ASSHOLE PUSHED HER BACK BUT SHE STOOD BACK UP AND- ...uh, so yeah Fran was pretty cool. Ahem.

- The little skirmish between Siegfried and Achilles had what looks like a try at an actual fighting choreograpghy, which is good for a start, but with how this episode ended for Siegfried, i'm pretty sad that we won't see more of that.

- The obligatory "Gordes is an idiot" for this episode. Next.

- Achilles is taken back by Chiron's camping skills.

- Fran goes for Nyanta and Chiron once again displays his skils and I've gotta admit, that moment of Archer vs Archer was pretty awesome and i hope to see more of Chiron scolding Nyanta. But, in the end, who cares, FRAN IS THE BEST ANYWAY.

- Achilles BTFO'ing with his carriage out of there looked damn cool.

- Now that's settled, everyone goes for Astolfo. That scene where he looked serious and shouted at MC-kun to escape was pretty good.

- Wait, a SECOND obligatory "Gordes is an idiot" in one episode? Wait wait, he's using magic against a basically newborn baby that raised a tantrum? Ok, when does this guy die horribly?

- Astolfo making Sieg-yes-fried finally works to fulfill his own desire........... which ended up being selfless. Goddammit, man, why are you so... so... cool.

- I like to believe that Siegfried punched Gordes in the crotch. It's now in my headcanon and it feels great.

- "Wait, Suwabe, we can't afford to lose the show's only source of GAR!"

- Giving a heart to a homunculus? Learning from Dr. Gil, i see.
That was a pretty good scene, though. It doesn't bet on our emotions or investment in Siegfried's character, for obvious reasons, but for his act as a true hero. The slow version of the main theme playing in the background was really fitting for the moment too.

- And he finally laughs as he fulfills his own heart's desire for the first time in his life... as he dies like a hero.

- MC-kun goes through puberty, huh.

- And then we get a shot of Je-

All in all, a good episode. From what i know of Apocrypha, we're still in the build up phase for the main story and this episode was a big step forward towards that.

8/10. This would've been a 9/10, but i can't help but feel that all of Spartacus's scenes to be a waste of runtime.
astroprogsJul 22, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 22, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:

- I LOVED that effect on Nyanta (I was pretty surprised they used the name Atalante instead of Atalanta) with her hair standing like an actual animal.
[im g]http://i.imgur.com/YK73B33.jpg[/img]

It had always been pronounced 'Atalante' in the Jap. Lel, noob

And I agree, those couple of frames were one of the best parts of the ep.
Jul 22, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2017
edwd2 said:
i was hoping we'd see the fight between him and mordred they showed in ep. 1

Anon1566Jul 23, 2017 12:08 AM

Jul 22, 2017 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Siegfried saved Sieg by sacrificing himself and gave him his heart.
Jul 22, 2017 2:27 PM
Apr 2016
I don't like how this is going the entire episode was rushed....... ah holy fuck let's all say our names in battle becuase who cares i'm really disappointed how the first volume was ended in this 2 episodes.....
Jul 22, 2017 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
this was different
bad different
Jul 22, 2017 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
Knowing nothing about Apocrypha coming in I've been enjoying it so far. I think people tend to compare it to UBW and that's understandable, but why compare the two when the writers aren't even the same? Personally, yeah I can see how the pace seemed a little fast but it felt fine. Everyone got a decent amount of screentime.

Astolfo undoubtedly the main character in this episode. Jeanne and Sieg finally pairing up. Not exactly sure what's gonna happen next but Shirou seems like he became everyone's master through some method and that's probably why Jeanne is sensing something peculiar.

One question I had was why Astolfo's master didn't just command spell him but the easily explanation is that Darnic didn't want more command spells wasted after what Siegfried's master did.

Animefreak316 said:

It was poor execution but I think what it meant to convey was that Jeanne saw it when it happened. It just seemed like she saw into the future because her sequence was earlier.
zannettJul 22, 2017 10:12 PM
Jul 22, 2017 10:16 PM

Apr 2016
fejita said:
so any rationalisation for MC not exploding from having a servant core implanted into him? Or should I just do what FGO preaches and forget about consistency for rule of cool?

Well MC is not a human in the first place.
Jul 22, 2017 10:29 PM

Feb 2015
Episode felt rushed, but cute cat has finally appeared, so I won't complain much.
I'm not a fan of how they changed the Siegfried sacrifice scene by adding Jeanne there though.
Jul 22, 2017 10:58 PM
Mar 2015

So, "There is no Fate/Apocrypha anime" coming soon...
Jul 22, 2017 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
fejita said:
so any rationalisation for MC not exploding from having a servant core implanted into him? Or should I just do what FGO preaches and forget about consistency for rule of cool?

My guess is because he isn't your typical human...he's a walking bundle of magical circuits, a "perfect being" created to be used as a magical battery as Chiron put it

Lev1athan said:
snip

So, "There is no Fate/Apocrypha anime" coming soon...

Yeesh...that isn't pretty
8mmspikesJul 22, 2017 11:16 PM
Jul 23, 2017 1:25 AM

Sep 2014
fejita said:

The idea is that he's already an empty shell, with no real personality nor identity. Hence, the heart doesn't clash with an already established being.
Jul 23, 2017 3:30 AM
Jan 2010
Total shit, spartacus is the only good part of this episode.
It don't take jannu's foresight to see that the MC will become a major mary sue. Already we have: Pink tranny rescuing him for some incomprehensible reason ("CUZ I WANTED TO LMAO") and a random passerby decides to sacrifice himself for no reason at all.
Jul 23, 2017 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
StardustReverie said:
Total shit, spartacus is the only good part of this episode.
It don't take jannu's foresight to see that the MC will become a major mary sue. Already we have: Pink tranny rescuing him for some incomprehensible reason ("CUZ I WANTED TO LMAO") and a random passerby decides to sacrifice himself for no reason at all.
Right? What even are heroes...
Jul 23, 2017 6:46 AM

Sep 2015
Can i have Fate without Saber/Archer/Berseker become overpower as fuck everytime?
Into the Internet!
Jul 23, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
Can i have Fate without Saber/Archer/Berseker become overpower as fuck everytime?

Berserker is just another way of spelling overpowered.

And Saber/Archer are two of three Knight calsses of course they would be stronger.
Jul 23, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2014
ZBlastHistory said:

Well the ranking in this war goes Lancer of Red>>>>>>>Lancer of Black>Everyone else so there's that eh
Jul 23, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
ZBlastHistory said:
Extra and Extra CCC. And Lancer is the strongest this time around regardless.
Jul 23, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2014
man this is actually pretty bad
awful choppy editing and direction creating a massively incoherent mess of characters being thrown at one another without any focus whatsoever and a bizarrely rushed plot
pretty disappointing all in all, apos LN is pretty schlocky itself and its not like siegfrieds death was a massive impact or remotely emotional moment there either but it was at least a fun read
InsertanamehereJul 23, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 23, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Insertanamehere said:
Well the ranking in this war goes Lancer of Red>>>>>>>Lancer of Black>Everyone else so there's that eh
Lolimancer said:
And Lancer is the strongest this time around regardless.

Let me correct your mistakes guys.

Rider of Red >>>>>>>Everyone else.
Jul 23, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty meh episode, I liked the final scene tho.
Jul 23, 2017 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
Insertanamehere said:
Lolimancer said:
And Lancer is the strongest this time around regardless.

Let me correct your mistakes guys.

Rider of Red >>>>>>>Everyone else.

Oh I forgot, right
Karna is still stronger though so it'd be Lancer Red>>>Rider Red>>>>Lancer Black>Others
Jul 23, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2016
Insertanamehere said:
Oh I forgot, right
Karna is still stronger though so it'd be Lancer Red>>>Rider Red>>>>Lancer Black>Others

In Novel the Assassin of Red mention something like that the Rider of Red is "safe check" if Karna went crazy.
Jul 23, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2016
Now this make me thinking back to the prologue part where Saber of red and black clash each other head on with NP. Hmmm

Seems like there is some history between Lancer of red and Archer of black. Hmmm

The energetic Rider of black always make me smile but today Saber steals the show i guess. Poor saber to have a master that is dumb for the sake of being dumb.
Jul 23, 2017 9:55 AM

Feb 2015
Swagernator said:
Insertanamehere said:
Oh I forgot, right

In Novel the Assassin of Red mention something like that the Rider of Red is "safe check" if Karna went crazy.

Semantics.

Given their nature there is more chance of Rider of Red deflecting than Lancer and everyone there knows it.

Regardless,Lancer of Red>>>anyone else
Jul 23, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Well, this was dissapointing. The fights were rushed (and the one of Red Berserker was bad, especially compared to how epic looked in the ilustrations of the LN, with him being restrained by Avicebron's golems and Lancer's NP) and I didn't find the fights intense either.
Oh well, at least we managed to see Red Rider's awesomeness a bit (and some of cat waifu too).

The stuff of Siegfried was infuriating, though. Let's see, one of the strongest Servants of the Black Faction, powerful NP, badass design, voiced by Suwabe (GARcher himself) and with an interesting lore. He not only has one of the shittiest Masters ever given to any Servant, but the worst is that he didn't even had a decent fight in the whole series. I mean, I knew beforehand that Siegfried died early in the novel, but I thought it was after an epic battle, where he gave his heart to the homunculus after that, but, no, he didn't even had that. Reminds me of Diarmuid in Zero, but he at least had some decent fights.
Seriously, fuck the homunculus, fuck Astolfo and fuck whoever thought that was a good idea.

However, after some quick investigation to the Typemoon wiki:

Now everything makes sense.
Rest in Piece, Sumanai-kun. Shortlived, but never forgotten.

Jeanne at the end was beautiful. That made the episode a bit least painful.
Jul 23, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
I'd like to thing that many people here is barely even paying attention to this show or even trying to think outside the box...

Both Astolfo and Sigfried had their reasons to even try to save the Homunculus, even if their desires were selfish.

I also think that some people here doesn't know a thing about the fate universe

ZBlastHistory said:

the Berserker servants is a 50/50 class, where they are strong against every class (except Shielder) but is weak against every class too. this also means that both Saber and Archer classes has their advantages against other classes

pls make your homework... thanks

the episode was allright, Sigfried was very nice at the end... Press 'F' to pay respects
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 23, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2014
HereticHunter said:

ZBlastHistory said:

the Berserker servants is a 50/50 class, where they are strong against every class (except Shielder) but is weak against every class too. this also means that both Saber and Archer classes has their advantages against other classes

the episode was allright, Sigfried was very nice at the end... Press 'F' to pay respects

Please don't use FGO class triangles to talk about actual servant interaction.

Berserkers tend to be OP because they have Mad Enhancement.
Sabers are just considered to be in the best class in general - realistically, this is probably due to the popularity of swordsmen in history and myth, or some bullshit like that, and popularity affects a Servant's OP-ness.
And the only OP Archer we've seen in Fate so far is Goldy, who is barely an Archer.
Jul 23, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
We are now on episode 4, and there is still no sign of my brilliance. F/A will be a failure among failures if Kotomine Kirei makes no appearance. Even the abysmal UBW knew well enough to include me.

1/5 Terrible
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Jul 23, 2017 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:
We are now on episode 4, and there is still no sign of my brilliance. F/A will be a failure among failures if Kotomine Kirei makes no appearance. Even the abysmal UBW knew well enough to include me.

1/5 Terrible
At least there is Shirou Kotomine, you know :)
Jul 23, 2017 2:42 PM

Dec 2014
Illyricus said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

1/5 Terrible

If I wanted cheap imitators, I'd cheer for the Emiyas.
Jul 23, 2017 2:50 PM

Jul 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:
Illyricus said:

Just remember that the fake is of far greater value, since, in its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.
Jul 23, 2017 2:59 PM

Jun 2017
People shitting on Siegfried for acting in a way that makes sense in the context of how things go for him in the Nibelunlied.

People shitting on Astolfo for acting according to his oaths as one of the 12 Peers.

People preemptively shitting on MC because they did not read the original work and don't understand that the Counter Force is using him as an actor to prevent Amakusa from destroying the world, or simply because they let themselves be carried away by false spoilers, summaries, comments and/or opinions third parties fully based on personal preference and ended up being strongly influenced and affected by them.

Any other points I forgot to add to this list of "how to spot a secondary?"

HereticHunter said:
I also think that some people here doesn't know a thing about the fate universe

Welcome to any Fate-related topic. Where 99% the opinions are complete shit and very uninformed.
People saying that they read the source material, Literally bullshit, almost Everyone is a secondary who read a summary or two, browsed the wiki for a bit and then pretends to know what they're talking about.

Jul 23, 2017 3:14 PM

Sep 2016
Wow.. I really didn't spect his death already. I can't wait to see more Ruler.
Jul 23, 2017 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
Anon1566 said:
Any other points I forgot to add to this list of "how to spot a secondary?"

You forgot to add spoiler tags for anime-only watchers, especially with the third point.
Jul 23, 2017 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
mira-pyon said:
HereticHunter said:

Please don't use FGO class triangles to talk about actual servant interaction.

Berserkers tend to be OP because they have Mad Enhancement.
Sabers are just considered to be in the best class in general - realistically, this is probably due to the popularity of swordsmen in history and myth, or some bullshit like that, and popularity affects a Servant's OP-ness.
And the only OP Archer we've seen in Fate so far is Goldy, who is barely an Archer.
This theory, however, is negated by the fact that most spirits have multiple class options. In reality, there's a base formed by the character, and their various stats are either boosted or diminished based on the class. As such, class can make a big difference, everything else being equal.

Sabers are considered the "best" because they get the most well rounded class bonuses (that and plot armor). Berserkers appear OP because of their excellent physical stats, but they're actually weaker overall than they appear.

FSN Berserker, for example, had his physical stats boosted to god tier (pun not intended) due to mad enhancement, but actually lost several noble phantasms due to that very ability's drawbacks. IIRC, his optimal class was stated as being Archer, which gives him the best overall combination of bonuses.
But he's an extreme case on both ends. Berserker of Black, on the other hand, actually has less-than-stellar physical stats, so even with mad enhancement, she's still not not even in the top 5 physical combatants in this war. Combine that with a noble phantasm that's unlikely to take out another servant without suiciding, and she's actually a relatively weak servant. It's outright stated that she'd be hard pressed to win a normal war without significant external support.
ErwinJAJul 23, 2017 3:54 PM
Jul 23, 2017 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
Illyricus said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

Just remember that the fake is of far greater value, since, in its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.

Yes, but the truth is far more important than if its real or not, and the truth is that Fate/Apocrypha and that albino Shirou deserve nothing more than the agonizing release of death - which will be bestowed on them.
Jul 23, 2017 4:39 PM
Jul 2016
This episode was underwhelming, the fight (if you can call it that) against Berserker of Red felt boring and rushed. I was expecting the scene where Vlad impales Berserker to be this epic conclusion to a grand battle. Instead, we got this: Vlad comes in, pricks his hand a little, and then he's like kay thx bye...

Also, Atalanta's arrow that hit Siegfried was supposed to be strong enough to blow him through the forest, not gently pin him to a tree...

And of course THEY JUST HAD TO CHANGE THINGS and bring the meeting between Jeanne and the MC forward. WHY??? In turn they will have to remove more scenes as well.

Why does everything feel so rushed? 25 episodes should be more than enough to adapt 5 volumes without cutting too much. If anything, they should be expanding on the fight scenes as they are Apocrypha's biggest strength.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.