3It was OK
16.8%
2Disliked it
3.6%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.2
167 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Do not ask for subs don't share subs or other copyrighted content

----------------------------------------
A lot of info exposition this episode.

We got a lot of info on production. I'm not surprised that Eru has knowledge in regards to production especially since it's about robotics. I still find his obsession with robots to be awkward at times though

Seems this episode tried to build more into the mechanics of the series although there's some action as well.
AversaJul 16, 2017 6:18 AM
Jul 16, 2017 6:09 AM

Apr 2010
So he managed to make some improvements to the knights but it seems people are starting to notice him for it.
Guess he needs to start watching out.
Tho from the view of the kingdom he is a great asset to them seeing his talent will help them a great deal so it's not strange to have someone watch his back.
The question however is will the siblings be enough to watch his back.
Jul 16, 2017 7:52 AM
Jul 2017
Aversa said:
So he managed to make some improvements to the knights but it seems people are starting to notice him for it.
Guess he needs to start watching out.
Tho from the view of the kingdom he is a great asset to them seeing his talent will help them a great deal so it's not strange to have someone watch his back.
The question however is will the siblings be enough to watch his back.

i'm guessing the main character will be super OP and he will change how the world works
Jul 16, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Ernesti needs to watch his back. People will definitely go after him, even though his achievements will make him a great asses to the kingdom. Surprisingly, the king seems like a nice guy. Can't say the same about his advisers.

Dietrich manged to find his motivation though I still feel bad for him.

Jul 16, 2017 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
I came while watching this.

Ernesti i just doing everthing what we have in our head while watching mechas

Jul 16, 2017 9:36 AM
Aug 2008
Still aint sure what to think of it. They letting out alot of the interesting parts and important parts. letting out people. and still rushing through it like a train without brakes. No breathing moments what so ever.. the speed of it is really a waste of the story.. but i will still continue tho since i do enjoy watching it non the less.
Jul 16, 2017 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
Superior knowledge in Military Knights. Not just it's mechanic but the efficiency for using new and strong material. And that "fetish", or maybe I should just call it as "Ambivalent" guilty really helps Ernesti to get know more about Knight Runner.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 16, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
Fuck yeah, sub-arms are best. Ernesti gets it. Pretty much scaled his wand-rifles into wand-cannons. Hope that shady plot doesn't stall his SK debut for too long.
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 16, 2017 10:03 AM

Apr 2008
Man, what a pace. Are they really trying to cram 5 novels into a 12 episode show? Those god damn shit heads. Really glad I read novels before I watched this show.
577 said:

i'm guessing the main character will be super OP and he will change how the world works

You are absolutely correct. Spoilers ahead about his machine.

I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jul 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
Thanks to the opening we knew already all the mechas the MC wanted to build.
Jul 16, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
With everyone's help, Ernesti made his first Silhouette Knight. It's much stronger than the other Silhouette Knights. The arms that he added were useful. It did well in the mock battle.
Jul 16, 2017 10:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Its cool to see that the twins are naturally talented just like Erni is

Loved all of the testing and building that went on this episode and I'm down for all of the advancements that Erni brought about...Everything looked great and I'm looking forward to seeing them develop more things

The CG continues to be great for the action scenes which is always a good thing and I'm curious to learn more about this secret plot that's going on

Pretty good ep overall and I loved that scene with the king lol
Jul 16, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
Titadou said:
Thanks to the opening we knew already all the mechas the MC wanted to build.

Incorrect, only prototype of Telestele and Ikagura is shown in opening. The machine he will be presenting to king to fulfil the requirement to learn how to manufacture ether reactor will... Something entirely different.

BlackstarFallen said:
With everyone's help, Ernesti made his first Silhouette Knight. It's much stronger than the other Silhouette Knights. The arms that he added were useful. It did well in the mock battle.

It did well, but it had a major flaw that was mainly glossed over. Can't remember how well they covered this in anime, but...
ZingFreelancerJul 16, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 16, 2017 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
I mean in this episode nothing was a surprise
Jul 16, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2010
Looks like Dietrich is the one who has the most interesting character development.
Jul 16, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2015
Hey is this really going to show the new model created every time? because its cool

When is my flying . giant ass weapon. snipper. super sick look Silhouette Knight?
Into the Internet!
Jul 16, 2017 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
ZBlastHistory said:
When is my flying . giant ass weapon. snipper. super sick look Silhouette Knight?

It first makes an appearance at the ending of volume 3. It is put in action in volume 4, after they graduate from pilot academy.

We are currently 40% into volume 2.
Jul 16, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2015
if they want simplicity, then those sub-arms could of been a pivot rod or a pintle-mount which would even be more simple than a multi-jointed arm with fingers. A simple metal cuff would of did the same job.
If they want simplicity, throw away the sword for a spear, or better yet combine the staff in to the spear.
Spear are cheaper, easier to use and more effective weapon anyways.

Whatever mech logic.
And we still can't get to know the siblings, they are like just random friends that is cheering for him in the background. All the characters here is irrelevant, as if only to praise the MC brilliant engineering mind.
I like a good engineering mind, but with how they made everyone subservient to him, it becomes rather annoying.
zcv45Jul 16, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 16, 2017 12:48 PM

Jun 2016
This show really likes rushing things. It's fun seeing the mechs and how Ernie works, but none of the other characters (I should add Ernie here too) are developed enough for me to fully care or invest in their growth.

I wonder when they'll slow things down?
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 16, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2017
Still not sure how I feel about this show.

I love the aspect of giant Knight robots fighting giant insect demons.

However, I just can't get invested in any of the characters. There's very little character development, for one. Secondly, one of my pet peeves in shows, books, etc. is characters that are ridiculously powerful from the beginning.

I also don't buy that just because Ernesti was a programmer in another life, he immediately knows everything about the Knights and can innovate where people that are actually from that world can't.

I'll continue watching, but I'm getting less and less interested, unfortunately.
Jul 16, 2017 1:46 PM
Oct 2007
I was on the fence for the first 2 episodes but this is getting (really) interesting for me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2013
Ernie asking the king for the engine design and improves the robots, most details about the process is cut cause they are flying through the volumes.
The fight was short and cool.
zcv45 said:

If they want simplicity, throw away the sword for a spear, or better yet combine the staff in to the spear.

If you're facing armorless humans, spears are garbage here.
Jul 16, 2017 2:22 PM

Mar 2015
Sorry ladies, the MC wants a big, hard...

Robot.

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!

XD
Jul 16, 2017 2:33 PM

Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
I still find his obsession with robots to be awkward at times though

Tbh I much prefer him having this weird (but so funny) robots fetish than having an useless love trope between him and that Adie or whatever she's called (the twin sister).
In fact I like seeing him swooning in front of his mechas lmao.
Jul 16, 2017 2:35 PM
Nov 2010
JCvetich said:

However, I just can't get invested in any of the characters. There's very little character development, for one. Secondly, one of my pet peeves in shows, books, etc. is characters that are ridiculously powerful from the beginning.

I'll continue watching, but I'm getting less and less interested, unfortunately.

Bad thing about the anime is they didn't explain how much he trained and studied from when he was a child to be aa strong as he is now.
though obviously the whole understanding everything with programing can be a bit far fetched even though he was a genius one. He still trained his butt off to be so good at magic and sword fighting.
MrJcJul 16, 2017 3:10 PM
Jul 16, 2017 2:58 PM

Jun 2017
MrJc said:
JCvetich said:

Bad thing about the anime is they didn't explain how much he trained and studied from when he was a child to be and strong as he is now.
though obviously the whole understanding everything with programing can be a bit far fetched even though he was a genius one. He still trained his butt off to be so good at magic and sword fighting.

I would have liked to have seen at least a little bit of that, rather than the anime skip right over it and end up where we are now. Oh well. This episode was paced better than the first two, so we'll see how it goes from here on out.
Jul 16, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2015
ichii_1 said:

zcv45 said:

If you're facing armorless humans, spears are garbage here.

They are facing monsters and some of them is evidently armored. But spears isn't simply superior because it have better armor penetration(which it does due to leverage)
But the reach advantage. A swordsmen will have lot harder time trying to close in against a spearmen. Even more so when the monster is unarmed which have even less reach.
it doesn't have too be a spear, a halberd or any sort of polearm is better.

And they are once again simpler to make and use, require much less training. Swords require edge alignment, strike angles and all the pretty annoying stuff in addition to the stuff a spearmen need to know.
Then you add in moving the mech. Magic and mana control. Worse part is that the pilot needs to finely move the mech as it isn't his direct body and can;t feel the movement.
Controlling a mech is already hard enough. Now using a sword is going to make it even harder.

A spear is just stab, parry, stab. At close quarters, a spear can be effective(not as much as a sword but still very much so) but requires more skills. If you spend the same amount of time with the sword, but instead with a spear, close quarters won't be a problem. Meanwhile a rookie can be deadly with a spear but a rookie with a sword is a danger to everyone and himself.
A spear will be even easier against a unarmored opponent as flesh can't cause the spear or sword to glance off like armor.

A reason why polearms were the mainstay of all historical armies. Evidently not garbage, it is superior to a sword in almost every battlefield situation. Ernie should make that as a suggestion, doesn't even ruin the mech feel that he so loves anyways.
Jul 16, 2017 3:30 PM

May 2015
Lol, Ernesti's enthusiasm is nothing to joke about.

Jul 16, 2017 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
Not as action packed as episode two, but a fun episode nonetheless!
Jul 16, 2017 5:09 PM

Dec 2016
Really enjoying this anime.

It helps a lot when you know a lot of mechanics and how robots work in your previous life.

Looking forward to seeing what he can build himself in the future.

Looks like a lot of action next time.

Jul 16, 2017 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
zcv45 said:

A reason why polearms were the mainstay of all historical armies. Evidently not garbage, it is superior to a sword in almost every battlefield situation. Ernie should make that as a suggestion, doesn't even ruin the mech feel that he so loves anyways.

Funny that you mentioned spears, king is actually very proficient with spear. Unsure if it will be shown in anime, but...
Jul 16, 2017 6:07 PM
Jan 2017
What I really liked in this episode is the character moments for Eru and the explanation for the Silhouette Knight mechanics and functions. The series is trying to find its niche by mixing magic and robotics, and so far it's doing a good job. That ending scene might be a pretty indicator at how other countries in the world will react to Eru's accomplishments.
Jul 16, 2017 6:10 PM
Jul 2015
hey is this suppose to be Knights And Magic, Right?, why cant i see Eru-chan everywhere? all i see is megumin...
Jul 16, 2017 6:19 PM

Jun 2014
Ernie made some cool innovations to the Silhouette Knights, but based off the mock battle, it looks like it could still use a lot of improvement.

Some shady shit was going on at the end as well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2017 6:32 PM

Dec 2016
For all who complain about pacing or skipping... that's 12 eps. anime for ya...
Jul 16, 2017 7:39 PM

Apr 2008
HiddenArmy said:
For all who complain about pacing or skipping... that's 12 eps. anime for ya...

It's different when anime is trying to cram 5 novels into 12 episodes compared to 3 novels.
Jul 16, 2017 7:41 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode overall with a lot of information jammed in I was worried it would be boring but it was still a pretty good episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 16, 2017 8:09 PM

Feb 2016
people complaining of the pacing, at least be grateful that this isn't in the pace of Occultic;nine which did an entire volume on the first episode... to be honest I just felt it rushed on the very beginning, but right now is an Okay pace for me, otherwise it could get boring
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 16, 2017 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
Tony Stark with a Mecha fetish.
This guy came from a world filled with custom gunpla and he probably watched everything from 0079 to Orphans, from SDFM to Delta....

I expect this guy to build a flying monster with enought firepower to melt a city.

Those poor Kaiju will be victims to a rampaging 12th gen Knightmare Frame
Jul 17, 2017 12:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Finally, we get to see Ernesti make his own Silhouette Knight and it is top notch. Really enjoyed the battle between the test runner and the best knight along with the production of the new form of the Silhouette Knight. At the beginning of the episode, it was nice to see Ernesti demanding extreme wishes and the king complying to his wishes. As expected, though, there are the advisors of the King who find Ernesti to be a bother even though the King is in good relations with Ernesti and so it will be interesting to see how they progress as well as how Ernesti defends himself. Overall, a great episode. Slightly epconcerned about the pacing of the show since it feels a little too fast but at least I can keep up. Hopefully, it will slow down just a touch...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 17, 2017 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Yep definitely going to be a Mecha vs Mecha anime.. I'm expecting more Mecha vs Beast anime with a lot of fantasy element in it even though they already beat Behemoth *sigh..

Maybe I'll check a few more episodes
Jul 17, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2016
FOR ANIME ONLY WATCHER. This episode actually took them months to make the Tellestele, and they skipped a lot of stuff in it. This anime feels like it's meant to be a service for novel reader :/
Jul 17, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
well ernesti is a lovable character...I would like to see him more in action
Jul 17, 2017 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Dam it some kind of rival kingdom or something sending spies?
Jul 17, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
Hinata said:
Dam it some kind of rival kingdom or something sending spies?

Not entirely true. Think of the kingdom MC lives in as Night Watch from game of thrones.
Jul 17, 2017 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
I still cant get over the MC being a guy that has that face... and that fucking Emilia/Megumin voice just makes him feel more and more feminine, and then we get how hyper he becomes when it comes to mechs... Jesus.
Jul 17, 2017 3:48 PM

Nov 2016
Ernie proved himself as Robotaku,but his obsession with machines is reminding me at another MC from last season.. fortunately Ernie and this show are way better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2017 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
Those back arms look atrocious. He should have just added a god dam shoulder cannon based on his gun.
Jul 17, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2014
So I guess this little girl can just do whatever the hell he wants. He's just a kid with ridiculous ideas. Nobody is going to tell him "No."? And him orgasming over these machines is very cringe-y. This anime is watchable for now but there is nothing about it I find enjoyable. It's just something to pass the time.
Jul 18, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2008
TFO1013 said:
So I guess this little girl can just do whatever the hell he wants. He's just a kid with ridiculous ideas. Nobody is going to tell him "No."? And him orgasming over these machines is very cringe-y. This anime is watchable for now but there is nothing about it I find enjoyable. It's just something to pass the time.

The problem is that anime is rushing at a speed of light. In original work, when MC proposed his idea, there was a lot of rising eyebrows. it took him a fair amount of explanation and practical examples before they understood his reasoning. Eventually they accepted his that a machine is a tool and does not have to be in a shape of a human.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

58 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:49 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

74 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

64 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.