Forums
Poll: Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 10, 2017 2:55 PM

SenpaiJay98 said:
tragedydesu said:
this is too predictable how it will end
just another Nisekoi with different excuse to make the trash blonde girl win

1/10 , dropped
Because she is totally Trash and such a Bitch...oh wait https://twitter.com/SonWukongSSJ/status/884526517803511810

https://twitter.com/SonWukongSSJ/status/884526031427821574

im tired of seeing tsunderes win
i have seen this scenario so many times
enough is enough

poor Misaki

Jul 10, 2017 6:59 PM
backtrack is so bad

Jul 11, 2017 1:49 AM
Mladen said:
No one gonna question two government officials appearing and finding him in the park right as the clock struck 12 AM on his birthday? Like, were they stalking him all day just waiting for his birthday to drop the news on him? I feel like funds for their government would be better spent on something else, but that might be just me. Maybe the world revolves around MC, so he gets a special treatment.

Yeah, you know how government bureaucrats always come and find you in the streets in the middle of the night to give you notices about things? Totally normal. Especially since the mother talked about getting a letter in the afternoon, then he got a weird glitched SMS, then the other girl gets an SMS. So sometimes texts, sometimes letters, and occasionally MiB visits?

I'm fine with the trashy art quality, and stuff actually happened!(someone compared it to Nisekoi which is the poster child of Nothing Ever Happening) But the premise of this world looks like it was never actually thought out. For a system like this to even have a hope of working it'd have to be something like "if you don't pair up with someone by 20 we'll choose someone for you."

Jul 11, 2017 5:02 PM

the premise is kinda good but it will be ruined on this generic romance anime

Jul 12, 2017 1:32 AM
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Manga readers, I heard that the whole story is basically, "who will the MC end up with?"
Is that true?
If so, I'll drop the anime.

Yes and No, Yes for "Ship" fans cause they are now questioning who he will end up with but The Story has more to it and Its the main attraction for the Manga readers, That text message is still a mystery and The "LIE" Part of the story is still hidden, So there is a good chance of big Plot twist and Some "Extraordinary" Drama..I am mainly reading for the whole plot to be unfold and I don't mind with whoever MC ends up with since I like all of them

Jul 12, 2017 2:14 AM
RagisNex said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Manga readers, I heard that the whole story is basically, "who will the MC end up with?"
Is that true?
If so, I'll drop the anime.

Yes and No, Yes for "Ship" fans cause they are now questioning who he will end up with but The Story has more to it and Its the main attraction for the Manga readers, That text message is still a mystery and The "LIE" Part of the story is still hidden, So there is a good chance of big Plot twist and Some "Extraordinary" Drama..I am mainly reading for the whole plot to be unfold and I don't mind with whoever MC ends up with since I like all of them

Okay fine, but what, "story" is there besides the shipping? I don't care about spoilers, I just want a legit reason to continue watching this anime, because I hate high school romances (especially when the reasoning is because of something as stupid as an eraser...), and the characters are bland as hell, but goddamn it, the setting itself is so damn interesting.

Jul 12, 2017 4:14 AM
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
RagisNex said:

Okay fine, but what, "story" is there besides the shipping? I don't care about spoilers, I just want a legit reason to continue watching this anime, because I hate high school romances (especially when the reasoning is because of something as stupid as an eraser...), and the characters are bland as hell, but goddamn it, the setting itself is so damn interesting.

I don't think the "Reasoning is Eraser" is stupid, It describes a pure kids love at first sight, Cuz You know he wasnt a pubecent teenager who would Fall in love with the main heroine after accidentally seeing her panties...Lol now that setting would be retarded for kids of that age.

And the "Story" will progress very slowly since the pacing of the manga is horrible, So you might not really watch this for the "Story" instead as you said "Shipping" will be the main focus...I blame them for not having steady progress of the story alongside the Romance, But I have hope for the anime since their pacing seems pretty good so far..I would say as of now Anime is lot better than Manga in terms of progressing, I hope anime viewers don't have to go through what we manga readers gone through :)

Jul 12, 2017 8:39 AM
RagisNex said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

I don't think the "Reasoning is Eraser" is stupid, It describes a pure kids love at first sight, Cuz You know he wasnt a pubecent teenager who would Fall in love with the main heroine after accidentally seeing her panties...Lol now that setting would be retarded for kids of that age.

And the "Story" will progress very slowly since the pacing of the manga is horrible, So you might not really watch this for the "Story" instead as you said "Shipping" will be the main focus...I blame them for not having steady progress of the story alongside the Romance, But I have hope for the anime since their pacing seems pretty good so far..I would say as of now Anime is lot better than Manga in terms of progressing, I hope anime viewers don't have to go through what we manga readers gone through :)

Why reply if you're not going to answer my question?
What "story" is there besides the love triangle?
Also, literally every kid within 3 years would forget about something as dumb as an eraser. Hell, I forgot about all my crushes in elementary school in a year. No tears, no nothing.

Jul 12, 2017 7:14 PM

It's better than i thought i would be. Though, i don't like how 'weak' the main guy is.
Will look forward for the next episode.
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Jul 14, 2017 8:07 AM

Well, i'm interested to see what happens next, even though the premise is just siilly. So every young teen couple that falls in love in school is expected to just forcibly break-up so they can marry a complete stranger? Why even bother dating then. And what's with two government workers showing up at midnight in a fucking park? That makes zero sense whatsoever. He gets his marriage match 1 minute after turning 16 in the middle of a park, but she goes months without a word about her marriage match? Also stupid.

Jul 15, 2017 6:33 AM

I love this series, it's not your typical school love drama :D There is a little more maturity in it which is good :)

Jul 15, 2017 1:08 PM

Very interesting! I wonder why the phone message was with the name the one he likes broke and a different name was in the official paper...

Jul 15, 2017 10:37 PM
So what was with the text?

Jul 16, 2017 7:51 AM
ow those eyes...
weird plot setup, ok, some psychopass behind the gov force shipping pairs.
Not sure to laugh at the show like that other rom, or might turn serious.
Hanazawa usually vas the losing grill, so...

Jul 16, 2017 1:38 PM

Eugenics, the anime.

That was... quite nice. It went about as expected (at least the ending). No happy end for you!
I wasn't expecting the girl to show up at all though.

Jul 17, 2017 12:37 PM
cringe overload.

Jul 17, 2017 8:46 PM
I am happy that I came across this show. Was really looking for shows where guy would initiate or is in love.

Anyway,
What are your thoughts on the character having extra marital affairs once they are married?
Does the government law prevent couples from cheating and divorcing?
If not, I would consider it a massive plot hole?

Note: Have not read the manga.

Thank you.

Jul 17, 2017 9:02 PM
ozdxvxpkai69 said:
I am happy that I came across this show. Was really looking for shows where guy would initiate or is in love.

Anyway,
What are your thoughts on the character having extra marital affairs once they are married?
Does the government law prevent couples from cheating and divorcing?
If not, I would consider it a massive plot hole?

Note: Have not read the manga.

Thank you.

You can see government chooses the perfect couple and so far it seems its true, You can guess that it lowers the chance of cheating...Cuz IRL cheating is a big issue of not having good birth rate, people cheat around and don't commit in relationships...So I think this Yukari Law prevents cheating and married couples has more chance to have happy married life.

Jul 18, 2017 11:01 AM

it was an okay start, im an anime only viewer so i don't know much about this series but the plot seems interesting

the main characters eyes freak me out, like how large they are legitimately concern me 0.0 but i like the vibe the show has given me in the first episode, the feel of it reminds me a bit of kuzu no honkai with heartbreak and not being able to be with the one you love, so we'll see where it goes

Jul 19, 2017 1:04 PM

Holy crap... I have never seen a more romantic series episode like this, EVER!!!

Despite this episode was soooo f*king romantic as hell and I enjoyed it really a lot, why do they confess each other after 5 years?

Some people argumented already with the fact that confessing love in romance animes (and even in Japanese culture itself) for highschool kids is really tough as they are so high-afraid of the rejection or of the thoughts of the other persons can have. Therefore, I can unterstand it.

Is someone here from Japan itself and confirm this phenomen of having fear of love confessing in Japan or Asian culture? From what I know it is true that - in comparison to European culture - teenagers are more shy than let's say people in Europe, but does it also appeals to love confessing?
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Jul 19, 2017 3:26 PM

First ep was so good, I found it interesting and tugged at my heartstrings. Hoping it gets better but not really liking the 'lie' part of it or Lilina so far.

Jul 20, 2017 12:02 PM

Meh...not quite original premise but still gonna continue watching the drama.

Btw, stalker guv officials eh....odd virus in phone....and average guy scoring hottest girl (#23454). Also, if they wanna combat low birth rate, they should ban contraceptives and rubber and make some 'socializing' time in HS 2nd or 3rd year.

Jul 20, 2017 3:34 PM

tragedydesu said:
this is too predictable how it will end
just another Nisekoi with different excuse to make the trash blonde girl win

1/10 , dropped

considering Onodera and Takasaki share the same seiyuu, I think you might be on point lol

Jul 23, 2017 2:05 AM

I like the idea of the show, however the first episode was a letdown for me. It seems too predictable and melodramatic for me so far. (And that's saying something considering I love shows with heavy drama.) I'll try to continue watching for now, but who knows how that will go.

Jul 27, 2017 11:19 AM
The main character similar like me when I at High School and I meet my First Love. But my story didn't go well. I falling in love with her (my first love) for 4 years almost like Koi to Uso story, they already in love since Junior school.

When I watching Koi to Uso for the first time, I almost move to tears. The back song is good, I like it.

True Love never die for Who believe it.

Jul 27, 2017 2:37 PM

An intriguing premise. The premiere was enough to capture my attention, it seems the show has quite a bit in store for the viewers. The background music was enthralling too, nothing less from Masara Yokoyama (of Kuzu no Honkai, among others), no wonder it felt familiar. The main character's match didn't seem that bad, though.

I'm looking forward to more.

Jul 27, 2017 10:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Well I like the concept of the show and so far it was very good.
Nejima reminds me of Maruo from Baby Steps design wise other than that I found the 1st episode quite good.

The romance part was pretty heavy imo. They honestly kissed to their hearts content, even putting some tongue action. Like wow it was lit for them. I enjoy these type of romance shows, seeing passion between two characters. So hopefully the show continues to be good.

Aug 2, 2017 5:17 AM

How did the government people know he was in the park? ....
Just a Matter of Time

Aug 4, 2017 9:19 PM

Smudy said:
The colors in the second half were amazing, just gonna get that out of the way first.

Also Masaru Yokoyama who did the Kuzu no Honkai OST is the composer for this one as well, you can hear it, too. Oh man, that's brilliant i'll have another great OST on my hands soon.

This was really good, i can see the despair coming already, i'm not ready for this.

Really odd how these people in black just come out of nowhere knowing exactly where the MC is though o_O
he made the your lie in april ost aswell he is amazing

Aug 6, 2017 10:30 AM

Ahhh I really loved this! It's exactly my kind of thing :3

I hope MC and Mikasi get their happy ending!
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga

Aug 16, 2017 3:47 PM
I don't really get why the government is like 'oh what's that? you like each other very much? you want to marry each other? Well you can't, because people need to start marrying each other.

Why don't they make it that way that whenever a person is already in a relationship with someone else, they get to be together until this is no longer the case? I don't think the government is trying to say that people can't fall in love anymore and that they get to choose who you marry no matter what.

I can not watch this anime with this thought in my mind. Can somebody prove my hypothesis wrong? Do I have my facts wrong? Please help ;(.

Aug 23, 2017 5:54 AM

Started watching from today,dem feels hit hard ,kana hanazawa the true waifi💓 how many fking times have she hurt my frail kokoro lost count of it.

Aug 23, 2017 6:49 AM

This is Romance Cliches: The Anime. Apart from the cliches and tropes the art and animation is good. Not really a fan of huge eyes but I guess it's okay. The music is good too. But you will have to turn your brain off when watching this, judging from the first episode.

Sep 6, 2017 10:11 AM

Aw, don't give up mang!

His potential waifu looks cute too tho D: hope it won't be a problem, which I'm sure it will be >.<"

Sep 19, 2017 12:07 PM

Hm, seems interesting enough. I guess I'll pick up the manga from here on out for a more elaborate view on the story. Curious to know how this'll turn out. I wonder if some silly little lovers quarrel thingy of theirs will end up changing society as a whole loooool how funny would that be.. or maybe the two leads will end up being together because of that little glitch thingy that happened when he received the notice on the phone. If that's the case then ehhh, how basic.

And wow that Takasaki is a hentai i mean did u rly need to go on top of him to kiss him and then u guys french ahhhhhhhhhh stop it.
Modified by Gem, Sep 19, 2017 12:13 PM

caught in the wonder

Sep 26, 2017 7:55 PM
originanime

Wow that was beautiful! I can see why some would think it felt rushed, but I rather see scenarios like this rather than a prolonged dragged on story where the characters never actually get together, let alone confess.

Oct 22, 2017 10:30 AM

If I'm in Yukari position, I'm sure I am very happy that night, because I get to kiss the one I love, even after receive the notification through phone that it's her name.

I would fight for the notification in the phone instead of the letter. the notification by phone are delivered first anyway.

Oct 26, 2017 12:45 PM

Looks pretty interesting so far....can't wait to see how this goes.

Oct 27, 2017 4:59 AM
I didn't like the art style personally but I gave it a shot because I love Hanazawa Kana and the plot seemed fine with a bearable main boy character.

THEN IT GOT AWESOME. I predicted she would arrive at the playground, but that whole scene at the end was incredible!! Disappointed in the random cellphone message glitch thing, I guess that will be something in the plot later to ligitamise whatever happens later, but I loved the relationship and backstory done between the two mains in such a short time.

Yes, the anime manages to cover 3-4 episodes worth of content in one shot and still I didn't feel as if the pacing was rushed at all. I prefer slower, realistic moments in my romantic dramas, so this was pleasant.

I have never felt so many feels for characters in a first episode before, ever. Well done Koi to Uso!

P.S. "other girl" also looks smoking hot so can't wait for the next one!

Jan 5, 2018 4:24 AM

When that glitchy message showed something too good to be true I swear he was gonna wake up from dreaming all that. Pretty nice start to the show though, the music is nice and all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Feb 12, 2018 6:14 AM

Omg, I hate this template. When the main character forgets about his birthday. "The Absolutist", "The Great Gatsby"... Where was it yet?!
But! In "Koi to Uso" the 16th birthday is so important. So stupid.

Feb 28, 2018 12:27 AM

What the hell? What did Takasaki mean she wasn't planning on coming? Did she get a notice already?
(Mostly) MBTI blog coming before 2020!

Expect a Girls of the Wild's set soon motherfucker.~
*No signature clicking until I make said set.

Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

Preview MangaManga Store