Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 11, 2017 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
the premise is kinda good but it will be ruined on this generic romance anime
Jul 12, 2017 1:32 AM
Jul 2016
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Manga readers, I heard that the whole story is basically, "who will the MC end up with?"
Is that true?
If so, I'll drop the anime.

Yes and No, Yes for "Ship" fans cause they are now questioning who he will end up with but The Story has more to it and Its the main attraction for the Manga readers, That text message is still a mystery and The "LIE" Part of the story is still hidden, So there is a good chance of big Plot twist and Some "Extraordinary" Drama..I am mainly reading for the whole plot to be unfold and I don't mind with whoever MC ends up with since I like all of them
Jul 12, 2017 2:14 AM
Nov 2016
RagisNex said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Manga readers, I heard that the whole story is basically, "who will the MC end up with?"
Is that true?
If so, I'll drop the anime.

Yes and No, Yes for "Ship" fans cause they are now questioning who he will end up with but The Story has more to it and Its the main attraction for the Manga readers, That text message is still a mystery and The "LIE" Part of the story is still hidden, So there is a good chance of big Plot twist and Some "Extraordinary" Drama..I am mainly reading for the whole plot to be unfold and I don't mind with whoever MC ends up with since I like all of them

Okay fine, but what, "story" is there besides the shipping? I don't care about spoilers, I just want a legit reason to continue watching this anime, because I hate high school romances (especially when the reasoning is because of something as stupid as an eraser...), and the characters are bland as hell, but goddamn it, the setting itself is so damn interesting.
Jul 12, 2017 4:14 AM
Jul 2016
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
RagisNex said:

Okay fine, but what, "story" is there besides the shipping? I don't care about spoilers, I just want a legit reason to continue watching this anime, because I hate high school romances (especially when the reasoning is because of something as stupid as an eraser...), and the characters are bland as hell, but goddamn it, the setting itself is so damn interesting.

I don't think the "Reasoning is Eraser" is stupid, It describes a pure kids love at first sight, Cuz You know he wasnt a pubecent teenager who would Fall in love with the main heroine after accidentally seeing her panties...Lol now that setting would be retarded for kids of that age.

And the "Story" will progress very slowly since the pacing of the manga is horrible, So you might not really watch this for the "Story" instead as you said "Shipping" will be the main focus...I blame them for not having steady progress of the story alongside the Romance, But I have hope for the anime since their pacing seems pretty good so far..I would say as of now Anime is lot better than Manga in terms of progressing, I hope anime viewers don't have to go through what we manga readers gone through :)
Jul 12, 2017 8:39 AM
Nov 2016
RagisNex said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

I don't think the "Reasoning is Eraser" is stupid, It describes a pure kids love at first sight, Cuz You know he wasnt a pubecent teenager who would Fall in love with the main heroine after accidentally seeing her panties...Lol now that setting would be retarded for kids of that age.

And the "Story" will progress very slowly since the pacing of the manga is horrible, So you might not really watch this for the "Story" instead as you said "Shipping" will be the main focus...I blame them for not having steady progress of the story alongside the Romance, But I have hope for the anime since their pacing seems pretty good so far..I would say as of now Anime is lot better than Manga in terms of progressing, I hope anime viewers don't have to go through what we manga readers gone through :)

Why reply if you're not going to answer my question?
What "story" is there besides the love triangle?
Also, literally every kid within 3 years would forget about something as dumb as an eraser. Hell, I forgot about all my crushes in elementary school in a year. No tears, no nothing.
Jul 12, 2017 7:14 PM

Oct 2009
It's better than i thought i would be. Though, i don't like how 'weak' the main guy is.
Will look forward for the next episode.
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Jul 14, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
Well, i'm interested to see what happens next, even though the premise is just siilly. So every young teen couple that falls in love in school is expected to just forcibly break-up so they can marry a complete stranger? Why even bother dating then. And what's with two government workers showing up at midnight in a fucking park? That makes zero sense whatsoever. He gets his marriage match 1 minute after turning 16 in the middle of a park, but she goes months without a word about her marriage match? Also stupid.
Jul 15, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
I love this series, it's not your typical school love drama :D There is a little more maturity in it which is good :)
Jul 15, 2017 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
Very interesting! I wonder why the phone message was with the name the one he likes broke and a different name was in the official paper...
Jul 15, 2017 10:37 PM
Jan 2011
So what was with the text?
Jul 16, 2017 7:51 AM
Mar 2012
ow those eyes...
weird plot setup, ok, some psychopass behind the gov force shipping pairs.
Not sure to laugh at the show like that other rom, or might turn serious.
Hanazawa usually vas the losing grill, so...
Jul 16, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2013
Eugenics, the anime.

That was... quite nice. It went about as expected (at least the ending). No happy end for you!
I wasn't expecting the girl to show up at all though.
Jul 17, 2017 12:37 PM
Jun 2014
cringe overload.
Jul 17, 2017 8:46 PM
Apr 2015
I am happy that I came across this show. Was really looking for shows where guy would initiate or is in love.

Anyway,
What are your thoughts on the character having extra marital affairs once they are married?
Does the government law prevent couples from cheating and divorcing?
If not, I would consider it a massive plot hole?

Note: Have not read the manga.

Thank you.

Jul 17, 2017 9:02 PM
Jul 2016
ozdxvxpkai69 said:
I am happy that I came across this show. Was really looking for shows where guy would initiate or is in love.

Anyway,
What are your thoughts on the character having extra marital affairs once they are married?
Does the government law prevent couples from cheating and divorcing?
If not, I would consider it a massive plot hole?

Note: Have not read the manga.

Thank you.

You can see government chooses the perfect couple and so far it seems its true, You can guess that it lowers the chance of cheating...Cuz IRL cheating is a big issue of not having good birth rate, people cheat around and don't commit in relationships...So I think this Yukari Law prevents cheating and married couples has more chance to have happy married life.
Jul 18, 2017 11:01 AM

Oct 2014
it was an okay start, im an anime only viewer so i don't know much about this series but the plot seems interesting

the main characters eyes freak me out, like how large they are legitimately concern me 0.0 but i like the vibe the show has given me in the first episode, the feel of it reminds me a bit of kuzu no honkai with heartbreak and not being able to be with the one you love, so we'll see where it goes
Jul 19, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
Holy crap... I have never seen a more romantic series episode like this, EVER!!!

Despite this episode was soooo f*king romantic as hell and I enjoyed it really a lot, why do they confess each other after 5 years?

Some people argumented already with the fact that confessing love in romance animes (and even in Japanese culture itself) for highschool kids is really tough as they are so high-afraid of the rejection or of the thoughts of the other persons can have. Therefore, I can unterstand it.

Is someone here from Japan itself and confirm this phenomen of having fear of love confessing in Japan or Asian culture? From what I know it is true that - in comparison to European culture - teenagers are more shy than let's say people in Europe, but does it also appeals to love confessing?
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jul 19, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2011
First ep was so good, I found it interesting and tugged at my heartstrings. Hoping it gets better but not really liking the 'lie' part of it or Lilina so far.
Jul 20, 2017 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
Meh...not quite original premise but still gonna continue watching the drama.

Btw, stalker guv officials eh....odd virus in phone....and average guy scoring hottest girl (#23454). Also, if they wanna combat low birth rate, they should ban contraceptives and rubber and make some 'socializing' time in HS 2nd or 3rd year.
Jul 20, 2017 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
tragedydesu said:
this is too predictable how it will end
just another Nisekoi with different excuse to make the trash blonde girl win

1/10 , dropped

considering Onodera and Takasaki share the same seiyuu, I think you might be on point lol

Jul 23, 2017 2:05 AM

Dec 2014
I like the idea of the show, however the first episode was a letdown for me. It seems too predictable and melodramatic for me so far. (And that's saying something considering I love shows with heavy drama.) I'll try to continue watching for now, but who knows how that will go.
Jul 27, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 2017
The main character similar like me when I at High School and I meet my First Love. But my story didn't go well. I falling in love with her (my first love) for 4 years almost like Koi to Uso story, they already in love since Junior school.

When I watching Koi to Uso for the first time, I almost move to tears. The back song is good, I like it.

True Love never die for Who believe it.
Jul 27, 2017 2:37 PM

Feb 2008
An intriguing premise. The premiere was enough to capture my attention, it seems the show has quite a bit in store for the viewers. The background music was enthralling too, nothing less from Masara Yokoyama (of Kuzu no Honkai, among others), no wonder it felt familiar. The main character's match didn't seem that bad, though.

I'm looking forward to more.
Jul 27, 2017 10:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well I like the concept of the show and so far it was very good.
Nejima reminds me of Maruo from Baby Steps design wise other than that I found the 1st episode quite good.

The romance part was pretty heavy imo. They honestly kissed to their hearts content, even putting some tongue action. Like wow it was lit for them. I enjoy these type of romance shows, seeing passion between two characters. So hopefully the show continues to be good.

Aug 2, 2017 5:17 AM

Aug 2016
How did the government people know he was in the park? ....
Nanika ga Okashii
Aug 4, 2017 9:19 PM

Nov 2014
Smudy said:
The colors in the second half were amazing, just gonna get that out of the way first.

Also Masaru Yokoyama who did the Kuzu no Honkai OST is the composer for this one as well, you can hear it, too. Oh man, that's brilliant i'll have another great OST on my hands soon.

This was really good, i can see the despair coming already, i'm not ready for this.

Really odd how these people in black just come out of nowhere knowing exactly where the MC is though o_O
he made the your lie in april ost aswell he is amazing
Aug 6, 2017 10:30 AM

Feb 2017
Ahhh I really loved this! It's exactly my kind of thing :3

I hope MC and Mikasi get their happy ending!
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Aug 16, 2017 3:47 PM
Jul 2017
I don't really get why the government is like 'oh what's that? you like each other very much? you want to marry each other? Well you can't, because people need to start marrying each other.

Why don't they make it that way that whenever a person is already in a relationship with someone else, they get to be together until this is no longer the case? I don't think the government is trying to say that people can't fall in love anymore and that they get to choose who you marry no matter what.

I can not watch this anime with this thought in my mind. Can somebody prove my hypothesis wrong? Do I have my facts wrong? Please help ;(.
Aug 23, 2017 5:54 AM

Jun 2017
Started watching from today,dem feels hit hard ,kana hanazawa the true waifi💓 how many fking times have she hurt my frail kokoro lost count of it.
Aug 23, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2014
This is Romance Cliches: The Anime. Apart from the cliches and tropes the art and animation is good. Not really a fan of huge eyes but I guess it's okay. The music is good too. But you will have to turn your brain off when watching this, judging from the first episode.
Sep 6, 2017 10:11 AM

May 2013
Aw, don't give up mang!

His potential waifu looks cute too tho D: hope it won't be a problem, which I'm sure it will be >.<"
Sep 19, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
Hm, seems interesting enough. I guess I'll pick up the manga from here on out for a more elaborate view on the story. Curious to know how this'll turn out. I wonder if some silly little lovers quarrel thingy of theirs will end up changing society as a whole loooool how funny would that be.. or maybe the two leads will end up being together because of that little glitch thingy that happened when he received the notice on the phone. If that's the case then ehhh, how basic.

And wow that Takasaki is a hentai i mean did u rly need to go on top of him to kiss him and then u guys french ahhhhhhhhhh stop it.
GemSep 19, 2017 12:13 PM

caught in the wonder
Sep 26, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that was beautiful! I can see why some would think it felt rushed, but I rather see scenarios like this rather than a prolonged dragged on story where the characters never actually get together, let alone confess.
Oct 22, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
If I'm in Yukari position, I'm sure I am very happy that night, because I get to kiss the one I love, even after receive the notification through phone that it's her name.

I would fight for the notification in the phone instead of the letter. the notification by phone are delivered first anyway.
Oct 26, 2017 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
Looks pretty interesting so far....can't wait to see how this goes.
Oct 27, 2017 4:59 AM
Oct 2017
I didn't like the art style personally but I gave it a shot because I love Hanazawa Kana and the plot seemed fine with a bearable main boy character.

THEN IT GOT AWESOME. I predicted she would arrive at the playground, but that whole scene at the end was incredible!! Disappointed in the random cellphone message glitch thing, I guess that will be something in the plot later to ligitamise whatever happens later, but I loved the relationship and backstory done between the two mains in such a short time.

Yes, the anime manages to cover 3-4 episodes worth of content in one shot and still I didn't feel as if the pacing was rushed at all. I prefer slower, realistic moments in my romantic dramas, so this was pleasant.

I have never felt so many feels for characters in a first episode before, ever. Well done Koi to Uso!

P.S. "other girl" also looks smoking hot so can't wait for the next one!
Jan 5, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
When that glitchy message showed something too good to be true I swear he was gonna wake up from dreaming all that. Pretty nice start to the show though, the music is nice and all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 12, 2018 6:14 AM

Mar 2016
Omg, I hate this template. When the main character forgets about his birthday. "The Absolutist", "The Great Gatsby"... Where was it yet?!
But! In "Koi to Uso" the 16th birthday is so important. So stupid.
Feb 28, 2018 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
What the hell? What did Takasaki mean she wasn't planning on coming? Did she get a notice already?
Mar 15, 2020 8:38 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Interesting futuristic scenario.. If all would marry with having genetics in mind.. Though.. Would we really need more people with higher IQ?.. Also, if IQ would be higher, then it'll actually remain the same.. As IQ just shows some performance capabilities in relation to other people.. So still it would remain in form of bell shape, and still majority would be somewhere in the middle, and some people on the ends.. So.. Yeah.. Well, I still kinda get, what they mean by IQ anyway, I guess.. Telling that people got smarter, or maybe this law of the birth was only implemented in Japan, so that's why they showed better results, compared to others.. But in general people already get smarter really with birth, new generations, them having access to internet.. But enough on this topic for now..
This scenario wouldn't be possible, though.. I mean, it's forcing such choice on people, but what about freedom of choice, and stuff?.. Nowadays it's on the contrary things on the rise, actually.. With less traditional and more various relationships arising - LGBT and stuff.. So you'd get in conflict with them, really.. Unless some dictator would show up or something, who would control it, but it's not that likely, in Japan especially, it being strategic place of democracy and stuff on the far East..
So really not that possible in near future.. Maybe after 100 years with many changes in world.. Or maybe after some huge changes like world war or civil war in some democratic important country..
Also, I think.. That NTR and cheating always existed, even if they're illegal.. And would continue to exist then as well.. So really, if anyone would want, they could be lovers illegally..
I'm actually glad to see that anime showed this thing.. That to Nejima it was an important memory.. But to Takasaki it was unimportant one.. I mean, stuff like this happens all the time.. ;p Well, unless she lies, of course, as lies are in the name of anime, so any thing can be a lie, really.. ;p Which is a bit frustrating.. But lies only ahead, will see, how I'll feel about them.. ;p
So it's romantic story after all, with her remembering same things.. Oh well.. ;p And yeah, reason, why she really could lie in school - just not to attract attention of others around at first, as a possibility, for example.. ;p
Also.. What about divorces?.. Are we suddenly in Middle Ages, when divorces are prohibited, cause it's the alliance approved once and for forever by God, and so unbreakable?.. ;p In reality, actually, percentage of divorces is around 50% or something.. And not all of the remaining in marriage live happy life as well, some just still living in it for children, for example, worrying that they need the second parent.. And living unhappily in there..
Men.. Cheating exists, you know?.. ;p So if anything, consider it.. ;p If anything, also swinging exists, if it's about guilt for your other partner.. ;p But well, they're only 16 years old.. Still a lot to learn in love things..
May 2, 2020 4:47 AM

Mar 2015
Confessing AND kissing in the first episode in a romance anime? That's illegal!

Also did those government officials deadass just go look for him on some random playground at like 12 pm?XD???
Jul 18, 2020 8:52 PM

Jan 2010
Can a smartphone screen even get glitched like that outside of water damage or getting bricked?
Aug 1, 2020 10:09 PM

Nov 2013
When I was in Kamata, Japan, having just returned to my apartment after a business meeting with an audio related company in Nagahara, I turned on the TV on channel 11 and saw the last ten minutes of this series. It was July 4, 2017. I never forgot the look of the characters and that night sky full of stars.
So when my wife turns on the TV today and this was showing on Amazon Prime so that my daughter could watch it, I decided to watch too. It looks more interesting than I expected. I am enjoying this series so far.
Sep 9, 2020 8:15 PM

Apr 2020
ah yes finally, state mandated GF

Nov 19, 2020 3:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Everything just seems so sus that I won’t be surprised if our main character wakes up from a simulation and realizes he was a human battery in the matrix this whole time

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 3, 2021 2:27 PM

May 2018
The OP slaps! Misaki is too cute I swear
Feb 3, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2018
basspig said:
When I was in Kamata, Japan, having just returned to my apartment after a business meeting with an audio related company in Nagahara, I turned on the TV on channel 11 and saw the last ten minutes of this series. It was July 4, 2017. I never forgot the look of the characters and that night sky full of stars.
So when my wife turns on the TV today and this was showing on Amazon Prime so that my daughter could watch it, I decided to watch too. It looks more interesting than I expected. I am enjoying this series so far.

bro I wish I had a coincidence like that
Feb 4, 2021 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
Byniavo said:

bro I wish I had a coincidence like that

I'm wishing I could return to Japan, permanently!
Nov 18, 2021 10:24 PM

Jun 2020
Not really used to this art style but at the same time it's kind of good, The OP sounds neat well meaning it befits the anime, to be honest

It was kind of a dumb law to start with like you can personally think a lot of flaws to this yourself like for once the suicide rate goes higher since they're "forcefully" matched with a partner thus messing up the reason that it started

A bit of an open anime, I'm going to guess this going to be one hell of a ride I just feel it in my veins but I hope it doesn't go for the worst like what can go wrong.
Nov 26, 2021 5:30 AM
Jan 2017
Anyone wondering why Misaki was late?
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

315 by BarbeQ »»
Apr 28, 1:50 PM

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.