Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2017 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
Great and wonderful final episode.
LOL Natsumeg & everyone teasing him. Those Dragon youkai are cool. I like their design. No research material for anyone.

Nice that Natori knows about the Book of Friends. Interested in knowing more about Natsume's Grandfather.

Loved that montage of Natsume helping all those youkai.
LOL Nyanko Sensei always in the mood to eat.

Overall another wonderful season. So peaceful & relaxing to watch. Great to know more about Reiko. Enjoyed the OP & ED song. Gonna miss this show.

Now I want a Season 07 & beyond please. 9/10.
Santoryu_XBurnerJun 21, 2017 9:45 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 22, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Still so many mysteries. I want to know how and when Reiko died, we only ever see her while she was Natsume's age. Never any older, surely she didn't do everything relevant to the Book of Friends in the span of a year or so. Also more about his Grandfather and parents
Jun 22, 2017 2:29 AM

Mar 2009
requiett said:
I gave it Natsumeg / 10

Well done.

Curious about the Grandpa now. That came out of nowhere.

Another good season, and considering we're at the 6th season, it's obvious there will be more in the future. It's simply a matter of when, not if.
Jun 22, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2010
RaidouXIV said:
I know this question is pretty annoying but in which chapter of the manga should I start reading after the end of this season?

Actually I want to know which are the unanimated chapters as well, if only someone could help :)

A very warm ending. Will always be one of the best. Love this so much.
Jun 22, 2017 5:02 PM
Oct 2007
Beautiful, best season yet 10/10
Jun 23, 2017 1:36 AM

Oct 2016
>when the dragon said, "no, its a man" like holy fuckk, i was not expecting that.
Jun 23, 2017 3:27 AM

Jul 2010
Again, a 10/10 for me. Will miss this show again, specially Natsumeg.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jun 23, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2013
I love this anime since 1st season and finally after many season Natori said it but Natsume didnt hear him.NATSUME SEASON 7!!! Finally Natsume grandfather or his father. (Its been a months since I watched my latest anime episode so when I heard that Natsume finally ended I went back I LOVE YOU NATSUME MY BEST BOY)
Jun 23, 2017 5:52 AM

Dec 2012
This was so everything!! Natsume is very much like the researcher isn't he? He just wants to have a peaceful coexistence with youkai. No wonder he was the one who found the study. My sweet boy. I loved how shocked Natori was watching him interact with the ferocious (and super cool) dragon youkai.

As for my Natori, he really does care for my Natsume. He just wants to protect him. To the point where he wishes he was stronger. That is so sweet. I know they have very different views on how to deal with youkai but I am glad they have each other. They can balance each other out.

I WILL MISS THIS SHOW!!!! Augh Natsume Takashi and friends come back to me and my screen sooner rather than later okay! Your pure sweet heart and simple warm atmosphere make the storms in life float away as if they were feather light. This oneechan needs lots of you. I will try to read the manga as slowly as possible because we're all but almost caught up with the current release T_T!!!
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Jun 23, 2017 9:06 AM
Jun 2017
HikaruKaneko said:
johnyjohny said:
They kind soaring further without really going or getting anywhere.
This is my biggest complaint about this series. I know people say stuff like they never want it to end but I personally think endings are important. Many characters feel neglected with little to no development for a while now. Even with the book of friends, there doesn't really seem like there's been much development for that either. Just how many names are left? Right now there's not even a hint of an end.

I think the show is enjoyable, but at the same time it's starting to feel frustrating. It feels like a story that was set up as a medium to tell various youkai stories rather than have it's own story with a clear vision for where it's going. Maybe that's all people want though, I don't know. This is just what I'm feeling at the moment.
Yes I too felt the same I started it in maybe 2016's winter so I didn't have to wait for long
to watch the seasons but I felt the same way , as I watched I sometimes got bored. Yes it is relaxing but in so many years they could at least tell us about how many names r left and who is gramps of natsume. It should have been told by now 2005-2017 nothing but a mystery. Yeah but it is my 3rd best slice of life and super relaxing anime after my no.1 Barakamon 2. Usagi drop. The three of them esprcially barakamon makes u feel like , life is beautiful ain't it.
Jun 23, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah I agree with you guys. This last episode really seemed like a finale. It rounded out almost everything. I think I like this episode the best out of this entire season. I hope there is another season. I really want to know more about Natsume's other possible family members. I feel like, as of right now, Natori isn't a bad person, it's just that his views of yokai are all pretty negative, so he wants to protect Natsume from what he had went through. In contrast, Natsume views yokai in a more optimistic view, there is good and bad. I don't think Natsume told Natori that if he harm the pages then it will harm the yokai associated with the name...either that or Natori really does have a really negative view...burning the book.
Jun 23, 2017 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
i'm worried about natori's reaction to the story about the book of friends (then again nyanko sensei doesn't seem to trust him either...)

The ending gave me the feeling there won't be a next season, but then there's the new revelation about a man that looked like natsume (his grandpa probably) so we need need a new season to explain more about that but it might take a while.. :(

Jun 24, 2017 10:15 AM
Jul 2008
I'm surprised this season was announced quickly after the previous season. I found it weird that Sasada almost get no screen time until I found out that she only appeared on one story in manga.

johnyjohny said:
@Black_wind
lol you mad son?
I only based this on the MAL statics of course

All continuing anime on MAL will always get lesser watchers each season, so don't rely on MAL statistics.

HikaruKaneko said:
johnyjohny said:
They kind soaring further without really going or getting anywhere.
This is my biggest complaint about this series. I know people say stuff like they never want it to end but I personally think endings are important. Many characters feel neglected with little to no development for a while now. Even with the book of friends, there doesn't really seem like there's been much development for that either. Just how many names are left? Right now there's not even a hint of an end.

I think the show is enjoyable, but at the same time it's starting to feel frustrating. It feels like a story that was set up as a medium to tell various youkai stories rather than have it's own story with a clear vision for where it's going. Maybe that's all people want though, I don't know. This is just what I'm feeling at the moment.

Well as long as you still enjoy it I don't think there's any problem. This type of episodic show is like Mushishi and Detective Conan. Mushishi is a medium to tell us about 'Mushi' and Detective Conan is about murder stories. The difference is Detective Conan does not have progress at all. This show is more similiar to Mushishi, the progress is slow but it exists, past events and characters are connected properly to future events. I just hope this won't end like Mushishi.
LeonLanfordJun 24, 2017 10:37 AM
Jun 24, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2009
Aversa said:
Somehow this really had the feeling of the end making me wonder if we get another season of this.
It's always been a good anime so another season might be nice but for now we will have to wait and see.

This is what I wanted to say :)
*sigh* I want more Natsume .. grrr~
Jun 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Aug 2015
This season was really good. This is probably where most of season 5's time and resources went to.
Jun 24, 2017 9:59 PM

Apr 2011
I love Natsumeg so much! Can't wait for the next season even though it'll probably be another couple of years which I hope not T.T

Though I do agree with everyone saying a lot happens but not much actually happens I'm actually pretty content with where it's going. But that's just me
May our fates intertwine verily. - Noragami
Jun 25, 2017 9:04 AM

Mar 2009
requiett said:
I gave it Natsumeg / 10

This.... rofl XD

I wonder how long we will have to wait for a new season. The ending leaves more mysteries.
Jun 26, 2017 7:32 AM

Oct 2013
Great finale to a fantastic season.
Jun 27, 2017 6:59 AM

May 2010
It was great, especially the end (that revelation though... his grandfather oh my god)

9/10 for me, not far from 10 :)
Jun 27, 2017 12:55 PM

Feb 2011
See you in 4 years guys
Jun 27, 2017 5:15 PM
Mar 2017
See you in 4 years guys x2
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 29, 2017 2:01 AM

Feb 2013
Another great season from this show.

8/10
Jun 29, 2017 5:27 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely ending of this season I must say! As usual I really enjoyed this suiting and quite different atmosphere. So I'm really open for more of this fantastic series!
Jun 30, 2017 1:16 AM

Oct 2015
Atleast he told someone about the book of friends, even if it was Natori. I wonder what fate is stored for Natsume in the next season.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 30, 2017 11:12 AM
Mar 2017
Okay so is it just me or is anyone else thinking that Hakozaki MAY be Natsume's grandfather? Hear me out here, it's a very slim chance, but:

-It was mentioned by that dragon youkai that Hakozaki is always looking when he hears a sound by the door but he gets sad when no one's there. Maybe he was hoping for Reiko?? (Ik i sound insane to myself but its 1 am and I'm drunk.
-The dragon looked very intense when he realized he'd seen someone like Natsume before, it would make sense for him to be in shock if it was Hakozaki that he was thinking of.
-Natsume wondered how the dragon youkai would even know his grandfather anyway, and usually familiars stick mostly to their masters, so they don't go out much, probably. So the one person that dragon youkai would really remember would most likely only be Hakozaki, considering Hakozaki didn't get out much either. (Family members excluded. Pretty sure the familiars don't care too much about the other family members anyway)

IDK DON HATE ME I'M JUST WONDERING

may the gods grant me season 7

mashirolJun 30, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 3, 2017 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
A really great ending from a great series :)
This season is one of the best from Natsume series. Another plot appeared, gonna wait long time again before another season. I'm sure it will get a new season.

In the end, Natsume series always gives us the heartwarming feelings. 9.4/10 for this season. Gonna miss it ;-;
Jul 4, 2017 7:44 AM

Oct 2014
As expected, a very emotional and impactful finale. This season has been the best yet.

9/10
Jul 5, 2017 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
What a perfect timing to leave the conversation
Now I won't able to sleep before knowing who's that man that "looks like" Natsume

That flashback, I'm not crying T_T
We have come a very long way

I need another season already
Is it ready?
"Signature removed"
Jul 5, 2017 6:53 PM

Jun 2015
The two major events of this season are certainly

i) Natori finally knows about yuujinchou. I hope he doesn't try funny things in order to destroy it in future.

ii) Was the person referred by the dragon was Natsume's gradfather?!

Now I desperately need a back story of Reiko.

I hope season 7 comes soon.
Jul 8, 2017 7:51 PM

Aug 2015
noo,, its done!!

so sad,, very good stories, i watched from season 1 and last season 6, very extremely emosional and loved, specially Nyanko sensei,, I hope season 7 comes soon.
Jul 11, 2017 4:35 AM
Feb 2016
As always, this anime is a masterpiece. I love it from the first season and it always touching my heart. They do a great job (or i should say excellent job) for adapting this chapter. It's sooo amazing and beautiful and touching.

10/10. Well, this is my AOTY (like last year)

It's so sad that this anime is ended. I think maybe we will get another season in 2019 (Like how season one, two, and three worked).

And just for information. Natsume Yuujinchou doesn't follow the manga chapters consecutive, it picked random chapter of the manga and arrange them into one season. It looks like they took the chapter by thinking of a theme in that season.
Jul 14, 2017 11:27 PM

Mar 2017
Overall, this is probably THE MOST addictive show I have ever watched. I watched season one thinking, "Oh, this is kind of interesting." Five weeks later I was crying for the sixth. Now it is a must see for all my friends and family. Even the ones who look at me like I'm deluded when I talk about watching 6 seasons of the "same thing".
"I'll take the guards."
Jul 15, 2017 12:17 AM

Dec 2011
Ughh I was savoring each of these episodes as they came. That flashback got me, we've come so far; Natsume's come a long way. All the FRIENDS he's made and the FAMILY he found, I could cry. A new mystery and the Book of Friends finally revealed to Natori - season 7 could not come any sooner. I'm going to miss my wednesdays!!

Hatsuyuki said:
See you in 4 years guys

laughs thru the tears
Jul 16, 2017 12:46 PM
Mar 2012
Blondie said:
stand said:
The little flashback montage made it seem like a true finale... I hope this isn't the case.

I definitely thought the montage made it seem like there wouldn't be anymore...but that's too sad to think about! :( .
I'm not listening. I'm not listening.

Natsume will go on forever!
Jul 18, 2017 6:09 AM
Nov 2013
I really enjoyed the flashbacks. I hope the next season will have at least 1 episode with name returning.

Istill don't trust Natori, just like Madara.

The dragon appeared for so short yet I want him to return next season so badly.

I hope that this man really is Takashi's relative and not some time-travel sh*t or something like that.
Aug 2, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
Another great season, the finale is so open for another season.. like who's the guy that dragon was talking about ? is he really Natsume's grandfather ? and i still don't trust Natori his smile seems fake and he said Natsume should've burned the Book of Friends, i think Natori has ill intention but i don't know.

Overall score 10/10
Aug 16, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2015
damn what a great show.

8/10 , It's freaking awesome.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Sep 5, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2015
Omg can we please get season 7 ASAP?! This show just never stops being one of the best I've ever seen. So much love for this series!

10/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 6, 2017 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
This was the weakest season for me but it was still good overall. All this talk about Reiko throughout the show and we've never really heard anything about Natsume's grandfather until now. I hope that means we'll be learning about him in the next season.
Sep 10, 2017 9:35 PM
Aug 2014
Might be the best season since s1. There were no life and death situations where Natsume's complete wimpy-ness appeared; which irritates the shit out of me like in s3-5. Still though... 6 seasons and he has yet make preparations to fend off vicious youkais by himself.

Ahh, I will miss Nyanko's round manju like body.
Sep 13, 2017 8:35 PM
Nov 2014
Weakest season yet. I only liked the 1st and 8th episodes. It's about time the series ends. It's getting really boring at this point
Sep 16, 2017 5:05 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed it thinking it was the last season and was a bit sad... then plot twist!! long live Natsume :3

there are two special announced, can't wait!
https://myanimelist.net/news/52226693
Oct 8, 2017 3:36 AM

May 2016
* sigh * And that's it for another season of my favorite anime. Kind of hard to start watching another series after great anime like this just ended. 😢😢

Dec 30, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2016
Atleast we'll get to see more of Natsume's family
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Jan 20, 2018 4:08 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, I am ready to wait! I am ready to know that man that the dragon spoke of! I have a feeling it could well be Natsume's grandfather who loved Reiko-san!

Also, props to this season for giving much time to Natsume's human friends alongside his youkai friends! All the episodes involving Taki, Tanuma (especially the first one), Nishimura, Kitamoto (episode 6) and Natori-san (especially episodes 5 and 11) were amazing. Also worth mentioning episode 7 that covered Reiko-san and episode 8 the showed love between a youkai boy and a human girl.

A 10/10 season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 12, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2013
Poor old man, he was abandoned by all his family.
I won't be surprised if we ever find out that Reiko had a child with a youkai.
Oct 29, 2018 10:52 AM

Oct 2016
Does anybody know if there's more coming up?
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 4, 2018 11:41 PM

Apr 2014
As someone who binge-watched the whole series in less than a week, I felt consistent contentment as I watched throughout the series. I liked how gentle and light the story flowed; it was slow when it needed to be, impactful when it needed to be. I know some people may feel like it's going "nowhere" but I like how the story takes it time painting everything. I rather have that than to have the staff cram all sorts of plotlines and fulfill them all in one go while dropping some along the way.

It's always a recurring theme of loneliness and friendship. For me, it is a theme that I relate to personally and has constantly moved me or brought me to tears. Episodes where Natsume would return the names, it would feel like a filler episode but to me it wasn't. Each time we got to learn more about Reiko and watch as Natsume grow. I don't know how anybody would get mad at Natsume becoming "cocky" when all his life he was belitted by adults and children alike, and for once he was actually comfortable with himself that he actually has the courage to grab the reins of his life.

I think you have to be stupid to think the story went no where when they were many things being introduced/followed through. Either the anime isn't your cup of tea or you're expecting too much from it?

I think romance is too fickle which is why I'm okay with them omitting romance aspects. Surely if there was, certain characters would appear more. But it is what it is. If the creator decides to give Natsume and other characters romance interests, then it is what it is. I feel the anime could exist without it, or imply something a little. I just it feels like it doesn't fit and may throw the story off a balance.

I'm glad nobody or rarely anybody is calling this anime overrated cause I think it deserves this ratings and popularity. It's a sweet anime that hits home to many, and is appropriate for any anime watcher. The animations are nice, the music selection is an allure. I got pleasantly bamboozled that Aimer was one of the ending songs and I love her.
Apr 12, 2019 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
the hardest time I had in a long time to update an anime to my completed list, hope we get a new season soon ;(
Apr 15, 2019 5:26 PM

Aug 2011
Can't believe this is the last episode; it happened so fast.

Very interested in discovering more about the man who looks like Natsume. It seems that 'Sensei" seems to know something also.

I think it's awesome that now Natori knows; the list of Natsume comrades is growing. Looking forward t another season.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

37 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:43 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

119 by helennaaj »»
May 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 9, 2017

82 by JebaUzumaki »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2017

42 by serapoot »»
Mar 19, 2023 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.