Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Fate/Apocrypha' Additional Cast Members Announced

#1
Jun 17, 8:56 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23274
The official website for Fate/Apocrypha has revealed additional cast members, as well as a new PV. The anime will air on Sundays at 12:00 a.m. via Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, followed by MBS. Netflix will also stream the anime.

Cast
Kairi Shishigou: Kenji Nomura (Genshiken)
Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia: Nobuyuki Hiyama (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia: Chinatsu Akasaki (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia: Yuusuke Kobayashi (Monster Strike)
Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia: Tooru Ookawa (Shiki)
Celenike Icecolle Yggdmillennia: Shizuka Ishigami (Bubuki Buranki)
Roche Icecolle Yggdmillennia: Emiri Katou (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
Reika Rikudou: Mai Nakahara (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)

A pre-screening event featuring the first two episodes will be held at Shinjuku Wald 9 on June 30. Natsuki Hanae (Sieg), Maaya Sakamoto (Ruler), Kouki Uchiyama (Shirou Kotomine), Makoto Furukawa (Rider of Red), Junichi Suwabe (Saber of Black), Rumi Ookubo (Rider of Black), Chinatsu Akasaki (Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia), and Yuusuke Kobayashi (Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia) will attend the event for a talk show.

PV 3

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Moca News
Modified by Vindstot, Jun 17, 9:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#2
Jun 17, 8:58 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23274
Also, CM 2

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#3
Jun 17, 9:03 AM
- Michi -

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4825
Looking forward to this in all honesty xD this is getting me really damn hype soooo.
 
#4
Jun 17, 9:05 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 182
Oh boy, I'm eager to see this one.
 
#5
Jun 17, 9:07 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4938
The fate series is a huge mixbag for me so lets see if this one actually is good.
EVERYDAY, WE STRAY FURTHER FROM KAMISAMA'S LIGHT
 
#6
Jun 17, 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 817
I'm waiting for the Assassin of Red XD
 
#7
Jun 17, 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 16
Yes Finally Lancer of Red <3
 
#8
Jun 17, 9:24 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 11914
I would be hyped, but, considering what I heard about Apocrypha, I will wait to watch some episodes until release all the hype. For the moment, I'm only forward to see Jeanne in action.

The Servants looks all badass for the moment, especially the Lancers.

Nice supporting cast, btw.
 
#9
Jun 17, 9:28 AM
- Michi -

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4825
Illyricus said:
I would be hyped, but, considering what I heard about Apocrypha, I will wait to watch some episodes until release all the hype. For the moment, I'm only forward to see Jeanne in action.

The Servants looks all badass for the moment, especially the Lancers.

Nice supporting cast, btw.

Ruler/Jeanne looks pretty damn nice and same with the others.

But yeah understandable enough that you are trying to hold onto it because... yeah getting too high leads to disappointment I guess? xD not a lot of times but.
 
Jun 17, 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 4540
Best Girl, best trap and best ship of the season is coming boiz !!



"You either like Re: Zero and Classroom of the Elite, or you have better taste."

 
Jun 17, 9:42 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 11914
Symphyon said:
Illyricus said:
I would be hyped, but, considering what I heard about Apocrypha, I will wait to watch some episodes until release all the hype. For the moment, I'm only forward to see Jeanne in action.

The Servants looks all badass for the moment, especially the Lancers.

Nice supporting cast, btw.

Ruler/Jeanne looks pretty damn nice and same with the others.

But yeah understandable enough that you are trying to hold onto it because... yeah getting too high leads to disappointment I guess? xD not a lot of times but.
Normally, I don't get hyped for something too much unless is something I'm mostly sure it doesn't going to dissapoint me (most of them sequels, like this Owarimonogatari 2nd season), and I prefer to watch enough episodes of an anime before judging it.

This time, however, the thing is that I heard Apocrypha is not very good. And not from people who dislike Fate, mind you, but from actual fans of the franchise. The most I heard (if my memory is right), is that the first part of the novel is good, but that the ending is bad (don't ask me, since I don't have any clue of how the ending is).
For that, it will be better to wait a bit before letting the hype take the best of you.

I hope too for the series to have more than 12 episodes, even though I don't think it's going to happen.
 
Jun 17, 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2336
Will watch it because it's Fate and for my boy Marik Shirou. I'd like to see some fights animated but I wonder how A-1 will put them out in terms of animation.
Will be nice to see a shitstorm later on the series though.
 
Jun 17, 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5171
Great voice cast. I thought for sure though that Reika would be done by Saito Chiwa. Maybe later when Reines appears. I'm excited nonetheless. Apoc event in FGO when?

Also, the official website has the titles of the Servants as _______ of Red/Black in English. Maybe now the names in MAL can be reverted back to that instead of the romanisation.
 
Jun 17, 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5031
One just can't catch all those Fate shows that are out or coming out soon.

Its crazy. At least I managed to watch the "serious" ones, still have to watch those comedy loli shows.
 
Jun 17, 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 396
Now in Fate there are Subaru and Miyuki. OK.
Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.
 
Jun 17, 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3884
Ramkec said:
One just can't catch all those Fate shows that are out or coming out soon.

Its crazy. At least I managed to watch the "serious" ones, still have to watch those comedy loli shows.
its not that hard, just skip deen and watch ufotable's and silver link's versions

Imo Silver Link has made the best Fate yet. Ufotable is good for the casual fans who only care about action.
 
Jun 17, 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 4540
moodie said:
Ufotable is good for the casual fans who only care about action.

Thats not true, Zero was good and they also do great job adapting Kara no Kyoukai novels.



"You either like Re: Zero and Classroom of the Elite, or you have better taste."

 
Jun 17, 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 406
DatRandomDude said:
The fate series is a huge mixbag for me so lets see if this one actually is good.


At least it's not made by the current Ufotable so it has that going for it. Then again, that's not really saying much.

Edit: "Studios: A-1 Pictures"

Modified by xenovibe, Jun 17, 11:36 AM
 
Jun 17, 12:25 PM
Casul Anime Fan

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1485
If this series is going to be 2 cour.....For The Love of All Gods, Netflix needs to release the series' first 13 episodes once the series is at the 14th episode because waiting for Little Witch Academia for 6 months is fucking ridiculous and if this does get 2 cour, it won't be until January where I'll be able to legally watch this shit.

I'd rather Netflix label the first 13 episodes as the "1st Season" and the rest "2nd Season" like they did with Kuromukuro.

Why do I believe that this series is going to be 2 cour?
1) Netflix mostly licenses anime that is 2 cour (with the exception of Magi and Polygon Pictures' series but they're split cour so I'm not counting those)
2) This is A-1 Pictures' only series for the Summer (which is literally the first time I've seen that happen) so they're most likely all hands on deck for this series.

I may be a huge Fate fan but I'm actually not that hyped for this series. I'm still going to watch this series though but with minimal expectations. Some person who read the LN said that Apocrypha starts out well but the MC (Yes, that brown haired MC guy) will be the reason for Apocrypha's decline in quality later on in the story. He also said that pretty much every single side character in Apocrypha is written really well but is overshadowed by the terrible MC.
Modified by jc9622, Jun 17, 12:34 PM
UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS: How Archer actually got summoned
 
Jun 17, 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1061
jc9622 said:
If this series is going to be 2 cour.....For The Love of All Gods, Netflix needs to release the series' first 13 episodes once the series is at the 14th episode because waiting for Little Witch Academia for 6 months is fucking ridiculous and if this does get 2 cour, it won't be until January where I'll be able to legally watch this shit.

I'd rather Netflix label the first 13 episodes as the "1st Season" and the rest "2nd Season" like they did with Kuromukuro.

Why do I believe that this series is going to be 2 cour?
1) Netflix mostly licenses anime that is 2 cour (with the exception of Magi and Polygon Pictures' series but they're split cour so I'm not counting those)
2) This is A-1 Pictures' only series for the Summer (which is literally the first time I've seen that happen) so they're most likely all hands on deck for this series.

I may be a huge Fate fan but I'm actually not that hyped for this series. I'm still going to watch this series though but with minimal expectations. Some person who read the LN said that Apocrypha starts out well but the MC (Yes, that brown haired MC guy) will be the reason for Apocrypha's decline in quality later on in the story. He also said that pretty much every single side character in Apocrypha is written really well but is overshadowed by the terrible MC.


I get your concern, since what you explained is the exact same reason why fsn/ubw was complete garbage. Due to shirou.
"Hero of Justice? A world where no one is hurt?" Don't be absurd. "Humanity" is the name for an animal that cannot find joy in life without sacrifice. The pretty lie that is "equality" is nonsense spouted by weaklings who cannot look upon the darkness. Nothing but an excuse to cover up life's ugliness.
 
Jun 17, 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 278
I hope Fate/Strange Fake gets animated after Last Encore...
I don't care which studio doing it, as long as it gets an adaptation...
Hopefully it's Brain's Base since the author is Narita
 
Jun 17, 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 154
Oh nice Mai Nakahara.

 
Jun 17, 6:28 PM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 96970
I have a feeling this may be a one cour show given that Summer usually doesn't have many 2 cours.

Solid cast choices and PV. Looking forward to this.
 
Jun 17, 10:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1057
Stark700 said:
I have a feeling this may be a one cour show given that Summer usually doesn't have many 2 cours.

Solid cast choices and PV. Looking forward to this.


I may be a split-cour, but one cour wouldn't make any sense. The Light Novel is only 5 volumes long, so why not give the anime 25 episodes to adapt everything in one go? Yes, SukaSuka from this season also has only 5 volumes, but while I don't know how much those novels sold, I am pretty sure they didn't sold as much as Fate does.

I mean, we are talking about the Fate franchise. That huge franchise that has been making hits since 2004 AND has recently given us one of the most successful mobile RPGs in the history of Japanese videogames. Why would they be unwilling to give this anime 25 episodes?

Also, as jc9622 pointed out:
jc9622 said:

1) Netflix mostly licenses anime that is 2 cour (with the exception of Magi and Polygon Pictures' series but they're split cour so I'm not counting those)
2) This is A-1 Pictures' only series for the Summer (which is literally the first time I've seen that happen) so they're most likely all hands on deck for this series.
 
Jun 18, 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5100
There's some very nice names in this one. May watch this jsut for those seiyuu. Especially Maaya Sakamoto~.
 
Jun 18, 4:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 638
Well, maybe now these characters will pass trough pre-moderation. I mean, I submitted them all what, six month ago?
 
Jun 18, 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 610
ThirtyFour34 said:
I hope Fate/Strange Fake gets animated after Last Encore...
I don't care which studio doing it, as long as it gets an adaptation...
Hopefully it's Brain's Base since the author is Narita


Strange/Fake for me is the best Fate so far. But Its nowhere near finished sadly.
 
Jun 19, 2:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 16
SabrinaKhuntia said:
royaldocks said:


Strange/Fake for me is the best Fate so far. But Its nowhere near finished sadly.


This statement is correct.


yah Strange Fake is awesome <3 i wish the true lancer will be
to see how those two will fight.
 
Jun 19, 3:04 PM
:D

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1607
That voice cast alone will sell any anime. That along with this being a Fate adaptation and this anime is pretty much guaranteed to be successful. We'll see how the story is though. Don't want to set my expectations too high, but I'm looking forward to it 😊
 
Jun 20, 12:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23700
This is shaping up to be at least decent until it all falls apart(hint: you do not watch or read Apocrypha for plot coherence, its a mess). The viewer vitriol in the second half of Apo will be such a hilarious sight to witness. I can already imagine people screaming about the ending.

Animation quality so far looks meh and uninspired but at least getting those characters animated is still nice and so far the actually good characters have good fitting voices it seems. While Apo is still one of THE worst fate works(only second to FGO and as bad as extella), at least it has some characters that are far better than the work deserves.
Modified by Fai, Jun 20, 12:26 AM
 
Jul 5, 1:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
moodie said:
Ramkec said:
One just can't catch all those Fate shows that are out or coming out soon.

Its crazy. At least I managed to watch the "serious" ones, still have to watch those comedy loli shows.
its not that hard, just skip deen and watch ufotable's and silver link's versions

Imo Silver Link has made the best Fate yet. Ufotable is good for the casual fans who only care about action.

tsubasalover said:
The official website for Fate/Apocrypha has revealed additional cast members, as well as a new PV. The anime will air on Sundays at 12:00 a.m. via Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, followed by MBS. Netflix will also stream the anime.

Cast
Kairi Shishigou: Kenji Nomura (Genshiken)
Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia: Nobuyuki Hiyama (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia: Chinatsu Akasaki (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia: Yuusuke Kobayashi (Monster Strike)
Gordes Musik Yggdmillennia: Tooru Ookawa (Shiki)
Celenike Icecolle Yggdmillennia: Shizuka Ishigami (Bubuki Buranki)
Roche Icecolle Yggdmillennia: Emiri Katou (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
Reika Rikudou: Mai Nakahara (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)

A pre-screening event featuring the first two episodes will be held at Shinjuku Wald 9 on June 30. Natsuki Hanae (Sieg), Maaya Sakamoto (Ruler), Kouki Uchiyama (Shirou Kotomine), Makoto Furukawa (Rider of Red), Junichi Suwabe (Saber of Black), Rumi Ookubo (Rider of Black), Chinatsu Akasaki (Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia), and Yuusuke Kobayashi (Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia) will attend the event for a talk show.

PV 3

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Moca News



It's great to download them to your phone