Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, so this show has logic when it comes to fighting tactics. I just couldn't take it seriously when it was discussed in the bathroom

Not to mention this episode showed those "lewd moments" that Kazuma got himself involved in. I kinda wish they introduced Sumeragi earlier now since there's just one more episode left and I'm starting to like her more.

The duel was ..idk so-so. I wish it was longer.
Jun 11, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
The fight with Sunao is intense as expected things are looking good.
It a shame next episode will be the last seeing how for the manga is they have lot's of stuff to continue on but that will probably be a long wait or it will never come.
Jun 11, 2017 9:16 AM
Apr 2017
Aversa said:

It a shame next episode will be the last seeing how for the manga is they have lot's of stuff to continue on but that will probably be a long wait or it will never come.

I agree since the manga is so far ahead from the anime and they fitted it in 1 cour .I hope a new season would come though...
Jun 11, 2017 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
So the final episode will conclude the fight with Sunao. The fight itself was ok.

I laughed at the Macho scene. What was Kazuya thinking?

Jun 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
The fight was pretty cool. Looks like it's going to continue in the next episode. Kazuya has learned some new techniques.
Jun 11, 2017 10:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kazuma's mom is funny lol but apart from that, this fight is really great so far and I'm very interested in seeing what happens next (As well as what's the deal with that new technique)
Jun 11, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
A little bit of lewdness! A little bit of action! What's not to love!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 11, 2017 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
Great scene with his mom She has been through all of this and is able to offer advice
Not cool that she has seen all the lewd stuff he has done with women. Great fight he has improved so much since the start
Jun 11, 2017 1:02 PM
Dec 2008
next week last episode its so intresting battle agains susao and see kazuya new technique, same as manga.
Jun 11, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
KeiichiroSeiichi said:
I agree since the manga is so far ahead from the anime and they fitted it in 1 cour .I hope a new season would come though...

Agree again. It would be great season 2 come, all those heavy plots only happen after the fight with Sunao(the season 1).
Jun 11, 2017 3:46 PM

Apr 2013

Absolute bullshit. Just choose Kiriha and get it over with.
Jun 11, 2017 4:55 PM

Feb 2015
Very interesting fight, that wasn't too illogical from a strategic standpoint. Loving Kiriha, though still not a big fan of Kazuya. The red headed demon bitch on the other hand can just drop dead.
Jun 11, 2017 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
well an epic fight indeed...seems like the finale next week...fun while it lasted
Jun 11, 2017 8:43 PM
Jan 2014
Hah, this episode was great. However, the comedy was watered down, as expected. I'd definitely be rolling on the floor if it was done exactly as it was drawn and played out.

Kazuya definitely is used to violent women hahaha
Loved how antagonistic they initially portrayed Sunao as. Sadly, since the next one might be the last one, secondaries will practically think of her as the crappiest character in this series.

The initial part of the battle played out great. Epic block there. Genius.

Soon:

We need an OVA for this.

Yautja said:
The red headed demon bitch on the other hand can just drop dead.

She'll definitely get better when she learns the truth (still is violent, however). Given how certain characters' relevance to the plot (the school-related characters) decreases with each chapter (or episode) (yes, this includes Chisato), that makes the former have better character potential.

But you wouldn't know that, unless you read the source. You've stuck around this long enough. Better go read the source (from the start would be best, as the detail is vastly different).

SJ7izm said:

Absolute bullshit. Just choose Kiriha and get it over with.

Well, I wonder about that.
Jun 11, 2017 11:15 PM
Apr 2017
Is any1 expecting a 2nd season. The show isnt that bad dont know why ratings are so low
Jun 12, 2017 3:54 AM
Jan 2014
C_Hendrix said:
Is any1 expecting a 2nd season. The show isnt that bad dont know why ratings are so low

Same problem with the source, I guess. It's not very popular, but well loved by its audience. In shorter terms, underrated. I am expecting a second season because this ends up like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance: covers only the surface, and doesn't tackle the massive plot after this arc. This one, however, is much better executed than the latter.
Jun 12, 2017 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
The episode seemed to me a good compromise between the dialogue and the action. I hope you come for a second season.
Jun 12, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
The fight was intense, as was the lewdness of this episode. Funny how Kazuya interacts with his mom, and her telling him how pervert he is.

I'm actually asking myself why this story (both Manga and Anime) are so underrated. It surely can't be the fan service. And the story makes sense, is funny, and thrilling. It's, for once, not your standard harem ecchi stuff.

I'd love to see a second season, even though I'll most likely have read the Manga by the time it'll air.
Jun 13, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
I dont understand why the mc doesnt use and drag himself around with the obi like a spider, it would be much easier than defending from the strikes

And i thought if he went out of the battlefield, he would lose
Wtf happened with that
-edit it was the range of the water thing oops lol i thought it was the inner part of that hole circle thigg
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Jun 13, 2017 4:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the dual between the two malison cleanser finally arrives eh.
The lead up to the dual where they discuss the tactics that they can use as well as Sunao's abilities was interesting as was the info on the different Tsugumomo's as well. Its nice to see both sides train and prepare for the dual though and see their motivation as well. Its nice to see that apart from winning to prove he is stronger Kazuya is also fighting to protect Kiriha as well. The bond between the two really has developed quite well over the series. The talk that Kazuya had with his mother though was pretty interesting and offered some insight into Kiriha's past and her personality as well. Hmm so Kazuya doesn't know that the malison cleanser that he's been interacting with in his dreams was in fact his mother eh. So Kanaka's sealed that portion of his memories eh. Well im sure he will remember it someday. Sunao's determination to win and the motivation behind it sure was surprising and its no wonder she is that motivated to win here. When comparing that to how Kazuya become a cleanser i can understand and also see why she is so angry with Kazuya though. Its also nice that in addition to Sunao and Kazuya that we also get to see the motivation behind their respective Tsugumomo's as well. Seeing Kazuya's growth in not just ability but in also in motivation was also nice to see as well. In a way this dual is both a clash of ideas and a clash of might as well. But man the lead up to the dual was so well done.

Hmm Kazuya and Kiriha's tactics sure were creative and their analysis of Sunao's techniques was nicely done too. The conversation between Kukuri and Honoka her fellow god was interesting too. Hmm Sunao's inability to adapt to changing situations and her refusal to retreat is hurting her badly here. Hmm it seems that Kukuri is actually rooting for Kazuya though lol. But it seems that their analysis of Sunao was wrong as it looked like she can use consecutive strikes after all. Well this will make the fight even more interesting as now she's using techniques that were unknown to Kazuya. Hmm so in order to chain her attacks she reduced the mana that she used in her earlier attacks eh. Reducing the attack power of her attacks in the short run while preparing for the long run eh. Excellent example of planning ahead. Seems the table has finally turned. But Kazuya's hamstrung by the fact that he will need to use the real obi to defend against Sunao's counterattack. Hmm wow for Kazuya to come up with an entirely new technique to compensate for not using Kiriha eh. Impressive. This dual really is proving to be most interesting though and this episode was just excellent.

But before that Kazuya and Kiriha really need to train hard because Sunao is every bit superior to them in martial ability though not in bonding with her Tsugumomo. I like how they also used this time to discuss tactics for the dual as well. Normally against a swordsman who's proficient in close combat the best tactic will be to engage at range and from beyond their effective attack range. But thats assuming that they don't have any ranged capabilities though. Sunao though using a sword also has the ability to use ranged attacks with it as well. She will not be a easy opponent. Hmm so a sword Tsugumomo is a really bad match for Kiriha who's a cloth one eh. Hmm i think Sunao really underestimates Kazuya way too much tbh. Still thats not to say that Sunao's analysis is wrong as it looks pretty logical to me. Sunao's view of her Tsugumomo as a tool though is a nice contrast with how Kazuya and Kiriha see each other though. I think even her god see's that as well. Hmm it would make sense for Kukuri to be the mediator for the fight though. This is after all an area thats under her jurisdiction. Hmm so the water dolls have that kind of ability eh. Hmm so in this fight while the dolls will protect the fighters it will not protect the tsugumomo's. Meaning apart from martial might control of the projection for their tsugumomo is also important as well. Losing focus here is a sure way to lose. Hmm so a projection is a copy of the real tsugumomo that has less power eh. Given their bond it's natural to see that Kazuya will be hesitant to use the real obi which is kiriha in combat though as it will risk her getting hurt. Not that Sunao has any qualms in using her own in that way. Lol Kiriha's reaction on hearing Kazuya's motivation though. Equally embarrassed and angry eh lol. Lol seeing all the naughty things that Kazuya unintentionally did with Kiriha and the other girls in the form of a video was hillarious though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
Kazuya's duel against Sunao was awesome WICKED SICK!!!
5/5.

Jun 17, 2017 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
UltimusInfinitum said:
C_Hendrix said:

Same problem with the source, I guess. It's not very popular, but well loved by its audience. In shorter terms, underrated. I am expecting a second season because this ends up like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance: covers only the surface, and doesn't tackle the massive plot after this arc. This one, however, is much better executed than the latter.

I also hope this show gets a second season. The action scenes in the show are well done, and its funny as well. So Underrated.
Jun 20, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
Fairly interesting battle. Not overly flashy but solid strategy.
Jul 15, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2012
Pretty intense battle, I do wonder how this will end in the next and final episode though!
Oct 21, 2017 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
MoonKingZ4 said:
I dont understand why the mc doesnt use and drag himself around with the obi like a spider, it would be much easier than defending from the strikes

And i thought if he went out of the battlefield, he would lose
Wtf happened with that
-edit it was the range of the water thing oops lol i thought it was the inner part of that hole circle thigg

it seems it has limits
Feb 16, 2018 2:37 PM

Sep 2013
Not a bad episode. I guess we'll see the end of the fight next time and that'll be all she wrote.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 15, 2018 6:08 PM

Aug 2014
Sucks that we prob won't get a second season. So, as I thought, this show won't tackle the main issue to completion. This season just feels like a setup. So disappointing..
Dec 12, 2019 4:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good fight, only one episode left :(
Jun 20, 2020 9:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kiriha's flustered? Its not something i've seen much on this series. Its great! Lmao, that mom's dirty joke can hurt my stomach so hard! Even she just let his son do that much ecchi in the first place? A fucking ridiculous mom i've ever seen. Damn, i want that mom so hard ffs! Why need to chose one if you could get all, eh, Kazuya? Its a great response you had there!

Its nice to have seen the last battle of rival. The good action as a closurement? Great! However, not everything gonna smooth like their initial plan. Its balancing everything, so far. They both had so much power. However, Kiriha condition might in the crisis right there.
So, lets see how good their reaction and a conclusion over that battle in the last episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 10, 2021 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
Kiriha is so cute when she's flustered. It's the first time she's blushed that much. <3

Very good fight. I like how tactical it is. It kind of reminds me of the good ol days of Naruto.
Apr 16, 2022 12:12 AM

Jul 2019
This was kinda awesome. I expected a crazy amount of asspulls, but it seems like Kazuya actually improved. Sunao is acting like a dick to Kotetsu. Stop doing that!
Feb 15, 2023 6:09 AM
Feb 2019
Nice fighting but I wish that much longer

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

46 by Bupkis7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

100 by ButtMancer »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

38 by rohan121 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2017

54 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 14, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Tsugumomo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

92 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.