Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 28, 2017 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
gubruikertje said:
what a boring episode. If they don't have enough content they should just makes less episodes....

They have more than enough content, and i'm happy that they adapt everything from the manga.
May 28, 2017 12:35 PM
Jan 2012
I wonder how Ymir sneaked into the human population when she's not apart of the group.

I hope we find out why Krista's so important soon.
May 28, 2017 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
felt like a filler episode
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 28, 2017 2:35 PM
Jan 2014
AoT fans will indiscriminately call any episode "amazing", regardless of the actual content.

At best, you can call this episode "necessary character development and foreshadowing for future events".

But to call this episode "amazing" just dilutes the word 'amazing' into having no meaning at all.
May 28, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
ItsXolo said:
AoT fans will indiscriminately call any episode "amazing", regardless of the actual content.

At best, you can call this episode "necessary character development and foreshadowing for future events".

But to call this episode "amazing" just dilutes the word 'amazing' into having no meaning at all.

This was one of my favorite chapters in the manga, I can understand why persons didn't like the last episode, but this episode imo was really engaging and it kept me at the edge of my seat.

On the other hand I can understand why some persons don't like this episode, since it was basically a episode that blue balls the audience. But that is what I like the most about this episode, it makes you question various things and ultimately makes you think of various theories, I know some persons aren't a fan of that so its understandable.

So yes this episode was amazing. You need to understand their is a thing call a opinion/having a different perspective, which is why we all don't like the same series, one thing its trash to someone but it is gold to another person. I'm annoyed when there are people like you who think their opinion is the right opinion.

Another thing, the word "amazing" has no value without someones opinion.
keragammingMay 28, 2017 2:56 PM
May 28, 2017 3:04 PM
Oct 2016
Looool people labeling this episode as 'boring' . What a bunch of idiots.
May 28, 2017 3:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm thats a significant undertaking from the scouts though even though they have yet to recover from recent losses. Hange really can stand doing nothing eh even though she's injured to this degree. Man the scene as the scouts charge towards the forest really conveys the strength of the corps though. Hmm so Reiner cut off both of Erens arms to stop him from resisting eh. Yea i guess both of you are having a bad day. Hmm they are pretty deep in titan territory though. Without their powers or 3D gear they won't be going anywhere. Im amazed that in this situation Ymir can still stay calm though. Better for Eren to remain calm and logical for the time being though. Man the scouts attack sure is desperate though. Well telling Mikasa to relax now is like talking to a brick wall. Thats some good wisdom from Hannes though. No water and missing limbs eh their day sure is pretty shitty lol. Hmm Reiner seems to have two different personalities and persona's there though. I guess being both a titan and a soldier of humanity has caused those two to merge in his mind eh. Seeing him still act as the loyal soldier was bound to make Eren angry because of what Reiner. Hmm so thats how Marco died eh. His two different persona's are contradicting with themselves eh. Man the emotional balance for this must have been immense. Eren really needs to rein in that temper of his though. Still we got to learn a lot about Reiner and Bertolt's motivations and contradictions though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2017 4:34 PM

Apr 2012
This is honestly one of the best episodes of the season so far and I've been looking foward to this one ever since this season started since I loved this part in the manga.
May 28, 2017 5:06 PM

Jul 2014
reiner's VA did a great job this season, wow! and next episode might reveal ymir's past? i hope so
May 28, 2017 6:18 PM
Mar 2016
This was a very interesting episode that helped further characterize Ymir and Eren's flaws. In this episode, it was quite apparent how immature just how Eren was. The fact that he asked who was the enemy demonstrates this. Ymir's maturity is also shown well. I also love how the situation is more complicated than it seems and there's well just one enemy or simply solution.
May 28, 2017 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
Me this entire episode.. poor Eren

May 28, 2017 7:14 PM
May 2017
I really loved this episode mainly because the viewer (who doesn't read the manga) got some more answers. But me, as dense as I am, got some questions about this episode and I hope someone can help me without spoiling anything.
BrandonJun 1, 2017 9:00 AM
May 28, 2017 7:20 PM
May 2017
Anyone think monkey titan could be there for Annie, and Krista's of noble birth, I heard the royal family are titans on other posts, so she could be still be a titan. and through out season 1 Sean seemed interested in Mikasa, even in the last episode of season 1, I dont trust him. also one last question? who was taken with Eren & Ymir there was one more, WHO was it ???
May 28, 2017 7:48 PM
May 2017
Starrynight_x said:
I really loved this episode mainly because the viewer (who doesn't read the manga) got some more answers. But me, as dense as I am, got some questions about this episode and I hope someone can help me without spoiling anything. Apparently Reiner has some kind of mentall ilness. He believes, if I'm right, that he's still a soldier. But Bertholdt corrected him and said they are warriors. I don't understand the difference between soldiers and warriors. Aren't they the same or did Berthold refer to something that the viewer did not yet see?

BrandonJun 1, 2017 9:01 AM
May 28, 2017 8:08 PM
Oct 2013
Now i really like talking episodes such as the episode before this seasons big fight where we found out about Reiner and Bertholdt being Titans and was so hyped for this after seeing last weeks preview but what a waste of 20 mins. Barely anything was spoken about and all they did was let Eren rage a few times which lead to nothing, even though he said at the start of the ep that he needed information and that he needs to suppress his emotions. Then the characters just asked the questions us viewers will have but we wernt given any answers or we were given answers to things we already knew something about, such as disucssing Reiners whole "who am i" thing, which was already hinted at when it was mentioned that they had been involved with humans too long a few eps ago so it didnt need a long explanation here.

A problem ive had with this season so far is the lack of answers combined with 20 min eps that felt like they could have been done in half the time. Just feels like nothing happened this EP, like if you ask me what happened, my reply would be not much and it feels like they are prolonging and stretching things out for no reason.
May 28, 2017 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
Even if this episode is all talk (burst of emotions talk) and no action, this episode was still awesome!
Eren is now quite confused who is the real enemy.
LOL @ Zoe Hanji, one of the soldiers just said to her "so just pass out and wait until i return" and then she realled passed-out! lolz!
LOL @ Reiner, his words are all jumbled-up and made no sense and even made Eren so pissed-off!
EPIC clash of shouting! between Reiner & Eren.
Surver Corps are now close to their destination!
5/5.

May 28, 2017 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
Not enough screaming/10.
May 28, 2017 10:42 PM
Jul 2010
Technically what this episode is trying to achieve is to inform the viewer how serious Reiner Split order personality is. Also it did provide some details about the backstory on how Marco died. Then Ymir also tied the link between the Beast Titan and Reiner/Bertolt through their reaction when they first saw it.

Second, it also provide the viewer some info about Titan Shifter abilities, like when they are regenerating their bodies part, they are unable to turn to titan shifter. It also show that Titan Shifter have a time limit on how long they can shift before they need to rest and recover.

Third, this scenes will later resonates with the next episodes as Reiner and Bertolt did not destroy the wall willingly but because they have their own reasons in doing so.
May 28, 2017 11:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
When Ymir was a tell who is the "bad", she was interrumped!!! :(
May 28, 2017 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
I actually like these kind of episodes when they explain a lot of things than all action
May 28, 2017 11:49 PM

Apr 2015
I don´t know what they are prentending to do with the anime. I mean when this season finish, we will have to wait another 3 years?

I read the manga, but the ones who didn´t its a shame.
May 28, 2017 11:56 PM

Jul 2016
I like this show with less action to be honest.

There is still so much we don't know or understand about the world they live in.
May 29, 2017 12:34 AM

May 2016
For an episode that is nothing but exposition, none of the mysteries are answered, the only thing we learn is that Reiner is suffering denial, it certainly wasn't worth the 20 minutes.
-Abyss_Walker-May 29, 2017 12:41 AM
May 29, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2013
Why do they keep holding back the fucking truth? I thought this was the perfect time to reveal everything. Another set up.
May 29, 2017 3:48 AM

May 2014
This whole episode was exposition, but it didn't feeling boring at all.

Reiner's struggle with his true identity as a warrior versus the fabricated solider one he convinced himself of was really interesting.

I'm wondering if they'll be able to explain the deal with the beast titan before the end of the season. Somehow i doubt it XD
Only 3 more episodes to go...
May 29, 2017 4:18 AM
Mar 2010
After reading most of the comments here, it is easy to conclude that majority of the people dont really care about the story or characters. All they want are the plot twist in each and every episode and action. Anything else is "filler" and "boring". Which is quite sad.

Anyway, solid episode.
May 29, 2017 4:24 AM

Jun 2016
Despite there being little to no action this was a great episode. The tension in the dialogue was real, and I can't wait to find out what Reiner and Berthold's deal is.
May 29, 2017 5:09 AM

Dec 2015
It was alright as always. Pretty faithful, though Reiner's mental trouble comes out even "funnier" animated as on paper (not their fault).

3/5

Taito10 said:

cry more kids, your tears are delicious

The best part being they are reacting to an episode named "Speaking".
If only it was the Coup d'Etat story... Their reactions would be such a delight (even man to man action would dissatisfy them).
May 29, 2017 6:53 AM
May 2012
Seigen said:
Jesus Reiner's lost it :O
Well atleast Eren showed restraint for like a half a minutelmao.
Tengai said:
eren please stop embarrassing yourself.
i kinda hate people who thinks an episode is boring just because it didn't have any 'action' in it.
Ahh those triggered people's tears are delicious :3

just like yo boy jerome the noob
May 29, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2017
Character development for characters nobody gives a shit about, yay!
May 29, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
nice episode, the dialogue was very interesting. i think that it is kind of realistic that reiner and bert would be fucked up after everything, reiner's defense mechanism does make sense when you think about how he has been acting throughout the series. also ymir please be sensible.
also lmao, an episode with no action does not equal boring. at least for me, this season has been absolutely amazing.
May 29, 2017 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
Well... this episode didn't answer as many questions as I hoped it would xD
But seriously if Ymir really trusts those two mass murderers I can only pity her naivity...
May 29, 2017 3:57 PM

Sep 2014
Me:
Wait the whole week for the next episode. They'll be alone and have a chance to talk, it seems like we'll be getting some answers!

Episode:
Talk talk talk. Make it cryptic to create confusion. At the end of the day, answer nothing and raise even more questions.

Seriously? I didn't expect another weak episode after what happened last week. It took a whole episode with unnecessary talk and a most pointless flashback for everyone to get moving... but why stop there?

It may be a perfect opportunity for important information to be revealed. People are certainly eager to understand the reasoning behind Reiner's actions and his motivation. But that's not how we roll, is it? We'll just conveniently get nowhere like those Dragon Ball fights where it takes 10 episodes for someone to land an actual punch!

This is getting old.. fast...
May 29, 2017 8:44 PM

Apr 2013
Overall I thought it was a good episode. I can see where people would consider it to be a little bit boring from the amount of dialogue (especially if you already know the manga, and can know the subtle differences and similarities in what's coming next).

In the context of just the show though, there was some new relevant information, and the dialogue is a relaxing change or pace. It's good seeing the scenes animated.
May 30, 2017 3:16 AM
May 2016
I am an anime only watcher and DAMN they somehow managed to keep me on edge for the whole thing despite being a dialogue only episode. The mystery revolving around this whole "enemy" thing was a total suspense. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE
May 30, 2017 3:48 AM
May 2016
zumac said:
Character development for characters nobody gives a shit about, yay!

Because no one gives a shit about the characterisation of the actual poster-boy main villains of the series and the protagonist, right?
???
May 30, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2015
Ymir bitch is being a bitch yet again...

Anyway Dem scouts are closing by YES!
May 30, 2017 9:52 AM
May 2017
we got plenty of info, actually: (non-manga reader)

- Both of those 2 didn't even have a clue that Ymir was a titan, she acts on her own and her goals are not the same as the others.
- The monkey titan is not only some kind of leader/father figure for the 2 of them, but Ymir doesn't know who he is.
- Reiner's got deep issues with his mental health, probably even split-personality disorder. That's going to be fun!
- Neither Bert nor Reiner seem to have control over common titans, unlike Annie and the Mokey-titan.
May 30, 2017 1:20 PM

Sep 2016
RabidFish said:
we got plenty of info, actually: (non-manga reader)

- Both of those 2 didn't even have a clue that Ymir was a titan, she acts on her own and her goals are not the same as the others.
- The monkey titan is not only some kind of leader/father figure for the 2 of them, but Ymir doesn't know who he is.
- Reiner's got deep issues with his mental health, probably even split-personality disorder. That's going to be fun!
- Neither Bert nor Reiner seem to have control over common titans, unlike Annie and the Mokey-titan.

BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
reiner is a top tier character rn
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

May 30, 2017 1:26 PM
May 2017
Couldn't decide whether to laugh or cringe at the dialogue
May 30, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
Honestly, I'm confused as to why so many people are upset about this dialogue filled episode. So much was revealed during this conversation. We now know that;
Reiner has PTSD
Reiner, Bert & Annie witnessed Marco's death, the first and only 3 character to have done so which we know of.
Ymir has a good idea about how she became a titan
Eren was important enough for Reiner and Bert to take back home with them

As a manga reader, I know why all of these things are important to the overall anime, but as an anime only watcher, you can at least appreciate how much character development these four characters have in this one episode, as slow as it was.

The only thing that annoyed me was them showing the scene with Marco. I feel like it was too early for that. I also hope the next episode won't be focused on Ymir's past because that in itself is a big spoiler about the origins of "titans"

Cole101168 said:
also one last question? who was taken with Eren & Ymir there was one more, WHO was it ???

It was Bertholdt. His colossal form took Ymir, then he left his titan form, carried her, and used the 3DMG to jump onto Reiner (who was holding Eren) to escape.
minaeshiMay 30, 2017 1:59 PM
Club Aerosol
May 30, 2017 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
May 31, 2017 12:21 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Peco said:
Holy shit.. This show has turned to such garbage... What a shame

Don't even bother watching the 3rd season when it comes, because that season is dialogue heavy and not much action. So if you are only interesting in the action in snk, then you will be disappointed, because the series from here on now is going to be more plot focus.

So if you consider this season garbage now, I don't know what you will call the 3rd season. I bet by time this series reach the 4th season only the hardcore fans that are interesting in the plot will be the only one watching the series. Since its obvious majority of the fanbase is in it for the cool action scenes.

What a shame. I can understand persons complaint for the last episode, but this episode gave the viewers a lot to chew on.

You think I don't appreciate good non-action shows? Look at my favorites. SnK is trying to be something it doesn't do well, or even deserve to be. I would try to reference back some dialogue or a scene, but there's nothing worth remembering.

This episode, could literally not exist and nothing would change if they picked up from the next.
May 31, 2017 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
fuck erin is so intense hahaha

this episode felt like it went by fast
May 31, 2017 4:23 AM
May 2017
It's confirmed, Eren has ANGER management issues, Great episode. Feel bad for those who don't appreciate dialogue heavy episodes. YOU go cry in the corner because THIS episode does not have action scenes.
May 31, 2017 10:30 AM
Aug 2015
The lack of tension this episode was unimaginable. This was literally 15 minutes of nothing, and 5 minutes of interesting bits and pieces.

Peco said:
keragamming said:

Don't even bother watching the 3rd season when it comes, because that season is dialogue heavy and not much action. So if you are only interesting in the action in snk, then you will be disappointed, because the series from here on now is going to be more plot focus.

So if you consider this season garbage now, I don't know what you will call the 3rd season. I bet by time this series reach the 4th season only the hardcore fans that are interesting in the plot will be the only one watching the series. Since its obvious majority of the fanbase is in it for the cool action scenes.

What a shame. I can understand persons complaint for the last episode, but this episode gave the viewers a lot to chew on.

You think I don't appreciate good non-action shows? Look at my favorites. SnK is trying to be something it doesn't do well, or even deserve to be. I would try to reference back some dialogue or a scene, but there's nothing worth remembering.

This episode, could literally not exist and nothing would change if they picked up from the next.

The majority of AoT fans are known for not knowing the definitions of plot, character development and fair critique.
May 31, 2017 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
keragamming said:
Peco said:
Holy shit.. This show has turned to such garbage... What a shame

I don't read the manga, but this is one of my favorite episodes so far from both seasons. Everything is extremely well paced and well articulated without losing the series' ambiguity.

I love how they're explicitly showing Eren's hatred towards Reiner and Berthold throughout strong flashbacks and inner monologue.

Usually I'm very critical of Shonen series but this one is amazing!
May 31, 2017 11:21 AM

Nov 2014
I don't understand a thing, I am as confused as Eren and it hurts. What hurts more I don't think I will be less confused by the end of the season.
Jun 2, 2017 4:45 AM
Jan 2016
This episode was full of dialogues
Reiner is such an interesting character his mentally state is well presented and I like the contradictory between those 2 sides
I understand Eren's anger after what Bertholdt told him like how will you react in front of the person who caused the death of your mother ? If I was in his place I would do the same
Ymir knows some things but doesn't want to tell WHY ? WHY ARE YOU SILENT ? SPEAK she is so mysterious
I didn't understand what was shown in Marco's flashback
Excited for next episode
Jun 2, 2017 8:39 PM

Dec 2014
well this was so much Reiner...well I Kinda felt sorry for him.... and eren well it was so frustrating to see him not knowing what is actually happening...
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.