Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
If the current mean upsets you, write a solid review and send it my way.
If you want to recommend a review you have written for this show, send a permalink to me.
You can also recommend another club members review by posting a link to it below
If you see one of your reviews here and want to change your score for whatever reason, be sure to notify me.

Full List of All Currently Aggregated Anime

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1: Review by animeiscool561

"Though overall, despite having somewhat disappointed expectations the concept didn't go further, I enjoyed this anime a lot. The writing and characters were alright, but at least engaging enough to be invested and see where it goes. The setting was beautiful, the soundtrack was music to my ears, fight scenes were action packed, and I looked forward to seeing where it would go. Just don't expect anime Nirvana or anime Twilight."

Score: 60
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2: Review by CodeBlazeFate

"While SAO is pretty terribly written and generic, and while its art is a little inconsistent in quality, it's undeniably entertaining in how it goes about things, if not always for the right reasons. It's certainly not a good anime by any real stretch, but it's impact cannot be understated, even if it didn't really do much to warrant the impact other than use a previously obscure concept without being boring as sin, and even then, that's debatable, especially in the now almost universally panned second half."

Score: 50
#3: Review by Link_of_Hyrule

"Does Sword Art Online live up to it's hype? No, it most certainly does not. However, if you watch it without sky-high expectations, MAYBE it could be worth your time; but only if you are someone who can appreciate truly masterful animation. Be prepared to suffer through a very poorly written plot and horribly written characters, should you decide to watch it. I don't recommend it, but hey, clearly a lot of people liked it."

Score: 40
#4: Review by themegamancave

"I really, really wanted to like SAO. I'm not saying i didn't, because there definitely were some bright spots of the anime. I just feel that so much more could of been done, while so much else was unneeded. I would still recommend the series to fans of action or virtual reality animes, but if you're looking for something in depth intellectually, you might want to look elsewhere."

Score: 40
#5: Review by TheSlyDaxter

"Despite a quality soundtrack and impressive visuals, Sword Art Online's sloppy writing, inconsistent story, and bland characters make this much talked about series average at best."

Score: 30
#6: Review by Lindle

"So there's SAO in four parts. It's an uneven, shifting, poorly-planned mess. It's characters are awful. It's plot is awful. It's pacing is awful. Short of it's decent production job, everything in SAO is awful."

Score: 20

Mean Score: 40
RoryBurrowsJan 29, 2018 11:47 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 1, 2017 3:25 PM

Apr 2016
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=226633

It's one of my earlier ones so if there's a noticeable dip in quality from the ones I've posted on this club earlier, that's why.
May 23, 2017 4:06 AM

Apr 2016
Wait, why are #7 and 8 the same review?
May 23, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Wait, why are #7 and 8 the same review?

This one is obviously Momot's favorite.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Koe no Katachi Aggregation

NothingReally - Sep 13, 2017

2 by Rawa_Rauf »»
Feb 16, 2021 5:58 AM

Sticky: » Review Submissions

PrincessMomonoke - May 21, 2017

26 by Plasmatize »»
Jun 6, 2020 3:55 PM

» Sanctuary Aggregation

FrozenRoy - Jan 31, 2019

2 by RoryBurrows »»
Feb 1, 2020 8:33 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Aggregation

CodeBlazeFate - Jun 26, 2019

0 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 26, 2019 8:24 PM

» Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! Aggregation

CodeBlazeFate - Jun 9, 2019

0 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 9, 2019 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.