Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2017 3:01 AM

Aug 2016
After watching Koe no Katachi (in which a deaf girl joins a regular school), I was just wondering if anyone had any classmates who were blind, deaf, mute, bound to a wheelchair for life or suffering from some other condition that disables them?

In my school, I haven't seen a single student who had any disabilities. (but I do know of a teacher whose right hand is missing one or two fingers) I feel like they just aren't allowed to go to regular schools? (in Hong Kong, at least)
jyuushiApr 30, 2017 6:26 PM
Apr 27, 2017 3:33 AM

Mar 2008
I had class with a couple of deaf people. I only spoke regularly with one of them. He could read lips but he also had an interpretor and we would screw with her by saying awkward things for her that she would then have to sign. The other was a cute girl. I had some art classes people with cognitive developmental disabilities. One of them would occasionally greet me but the guy would barely talk at all, he would usually just say one word here and there. I had maths with a girl in a wheel chair that sat by me and shed ask me to sharpen her pencils. I also had a blind guy that would show up in one class I had (it was sort of a free class period for studying but most people just chilled) and a teacher asked me to show him to a class he was trying to find he hadn't been to before. I accidentally almost walked him into the double door frame in the hallway. Also there was this lady that worked in the cafeteria that had little arms almost half the length they should be.
Apr 27, 2017 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
Had a lot of classmates around the elementary school who had either autism or problems with either mentally or physically, Down Syndrome as well, as for deaf there were a few amount of them who couldn't hear anything.

Some of them had issues going through processing school stuff as well as socializing sometimes, which is kinda understandable but at the same time it makes me feel bad about them but I did usually wished them good luck and such. Some others have gone through the stuff from there though if I recall.
Apr 27, 2017 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Yup.

There was this girl who was bound in a wheelchair. I think it was because of a muscle disease.

Oh you just reminded me how awful that class was, so many childish girls in there who always caused drama. It also didn't help that the females in the class were split in two (oh and to be clear these were 17-18 year olds).

I remember a girl in that class who got angry at the wheelchair girl because she only wanted to do a test on a specific date and the teacher went along with it and then the other girl said that the only reason that wheelchair girl got her wish is because she's in a wheelchair.
Apr 27, 2017 3:55 AM

Sep 2014
One of my good friends from school is deaf, he's got hearing aids though but he still has trouble hearing at times. There was a few autistic kids as well. I also remember a kid a few grades below that had some bone or muscle problem and occasionally had to be in a wheelchair.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Apr 27, 2017 4:08 AM

May 2012
A blind creature called Jonathan. He was an asshole to everyone but got away with it because muh disability.
Apr 27, 2017 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
Nah, I don't think I had any MAL users in my class.
Apr 27, 2017 4:54 AM

Sep 2008
jyuushimatsu said:
After watching Koe no Katachi (in which a deaf girl joins a regular school), I was just wondering if anyone had any classmates who were blind, deaf, mute, bound to a wheelchair for life or suffering from some other condition that disables them?

In my school, I haven't seen a single student who had any disabilities. (but I do know of a teacher whose right hand is missing one or two fingers) I feel like they just aren't allowed to go to regular schools?

Yes, and to my knowledge literally no one cared. But who knows, maybe japan is different?

In fact I was personally treated far worse for having a single mom than having ADHD when I was a kid. And not by kids, by teachers and principles.
Apr 27, 2017 6:31 AM

Jun 2015
Quite a few with mental disabilities.

In uni there was a blind girl in some of my classes. Her seeing dog was annoying.

Apr 27, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
I had a classmate with dwarfism back in middle school. I really wanted to sympathize with him but he was a total arse, which made it kinda difficult.
Apr 27, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2016
I had a lot of retards, not sure if it counts as a disability.
Apr 27, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2012
Back in high school I had a classmate who had quite bad physical disability but could walk a few hundred meters. His mind was really sharp. Nobody disliked him.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Apr 27, 2017 8:48 AM

Aug 2012
Classmates? Hmm. Not that I remember. But I had ones that were a year older/younger than I was. My cousin has autism, I remember him going on a spitting spree (Don't know what it was about, but I think he was taking advantage of how I can't beat him). After 15 minutes of literal continuous spitting on me and my surroundings, I beat the shit out of him. He learned.
Apr 27, 2017 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
I used to work with a deaf guy. You'd be amazed how easy it was to communicate basic stuff with him without ever needing words.
Apr 27, 2017 11:33 AM

Oct 2015
I acted in a theater band with a guy who was born with one hand missing, he also plays guitar despite the disability.
I have a cousin who's a teacher in a middle school and high school, and she has a deaf student. Not always easy for her because she has to talk loudly and always face him while doing so.
Apr 27, 2017 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
I've considered them disabled, yes. On a more serious note naw, in our school and I think most schools in the U.S have special ed classes to separate the potatoes from the normal people.

Oh, you're talking about wheelchairs and shit, yeah.
Apr 27, 2017 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
I don't recall anyone at all. I remember kids with troubled ass families though.
Narmy said:
Guess you excluded yourself from the list then.
Apr 27, 2017 11:41 PM

Sep 2015
My graphics class has a senpai whos a year older than me in a wheelchair with some sort of disease that involves weak bones and as a result he cant walk. His younger brother who is 3 years younger has the same problem.
Apr 28, 2017 12:16 AM

Apr 2017
yeah at my old highschool there was a guy with dwarfism, was like 3ft something i think. Some kids picked on him, some kids defended him, every teacher gave him more leniency/special attention than he deserved imo he was kinda a bitter dick.
He also smelled real bad but i cant blame him for not caring about his fucked body, it also mightve been a consequence of his condition, never asked obv lol

on my campus theres a blind guy that just uses a stick, no dog. I have no idea how he does it and is truly impressive imo.
γ‚€γ‚«γƒ­γ‚Ή --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Apr 28, 2017 12:26 AM

Jan 2016
I had a classmate with a disability to his eyes, basically his world was black and white so we had a special blackboard.
Apr 28, 2017 12:33 AM

Jun 2011
Bowie said:
Narmy said:

Of course.

Apr 28, 2017 12:44 AM

Mar 2008
Bobby2Hands said:
I used to work with a deaf guy. You'd be amazed how easy it was to communicate basic stuff with him without ever needing words.

So he was a mute too?

Nyarlathothep said:
I acted in a theater band with a guy who was born with one hand missing, he also plays guitar despite the disability.
I have a cousin who's a teacher in a middle school and high school, and she has a deaf student. Not always easy for her because she has to talk loudly and always face him while doing so.

Did he play with his foot or did he use a slide bar?
Apr 28, 2017 1:50 AM

May 2013
I did, a mentally challenged kid. Actually, he now works at a grocery store near me, I still see him sometimes. He's a pretty happy camper, actually!
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Apr 28, 2017 2:30 AM

Oct 2015
traed said:
Nyarlathothep said:

Did he play with his foot or did he use a slide bar?

He uses a slide bar to have the plectrum at the tip of his arm so that he can play normally
Apr 28, 2017 2:45 AM

Jun 2015
No, no one with physical or mental disability. But last year there was this guy who was so fucking stupid I suspect he's mentally challenged. The others never said anything, nor did he have many friends. 1 or 2 would occasionally talk to him. I never really bothered to talk tho.

There are students with family problems though,

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Apr 28, 2017 9:19 AM

Mar 2017
I once slapped a guy in a wheelchair. He was in my class.
Apr 28, 2017 11:41 AM

Oct 2016
I know a friend but she wasn't my classmate. She's friends with my sister because they both attend the Jehovah's Witnesses church. Unlike in Koe no Tachi, a PWD (people with disabilities) has a different curriculum and not mixed with normal students here. So having a classmate with similar disability (deaf/mute) is unlikely.

Bowie said:

Narmy said:

lol.. this is a pretty nice come back. XD

γ€Œ I was nothing until the moment I met you. 」

Apr 28, 2017 12:16 PM

Oct 2016
Sugoi said:
I do not remember, but
I do remember having
an autistic classmate.

Aren't they moved to a similar class environment at school? Or they allow them in the same curriculum?

Apr 28, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2015
I see a kid in a wheelchair occasionally in the hallway. He seems nice. Don't have any classes with him.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 28, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
There was this kid with down syndrome or something in high school
let's just say I know a few people who can put Satan out of business when they die

Apr 28, 2017 3:30 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah, there was one in my class (something wrong with his left leg). It's pretty sad, especially when there's also bullying involved. People who bully others for being disabled are sick in the head.
Apr 28, 2017 4:41 PM
Apr 28, 2017 5:44 PM

Apr 2011
I was the autistic child in class, so I would probably cover for the question asked here. Ignored until the point of actually being sat upon, as if I did not exist. It took me eight years to finish highschool instead of five, due to severe depression caused by the unrelenting evil of peers and carelessness of teachers.

Other than that, I only ever knew of a boy with a hearing aid, but I do not think anyone ever made a big deal of it.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Apr 28, 2017 6:10 PM

Jan 2013
There was one guy in middle school who was probably autistic. He was really bullied.
Apr 28, 2017 9:43 PM

Feb 2016
My school has a class environment where kids with autism, down syndrome or other learning disability go to. They have their own curriculum and they're quite a few.

Oh, and there's also a girl in my year who only has one full arm, and another that stops at her elbow. I don't know what happened to her, but she tries to fight everyone.
Apr 28, 2017 10:05 PM

Oct 2010
They didn't go to the same school as me, but when I was five my neighbor had a little boy who was in a wheelchair. Every morning I would see a special bus pull up outside to take him to school. It was pretty sad.
Apr 28, 2017 10:11 PM

Apr 2017
Exhalant said:

Oh, and there's also a girl in my year who only has one full arm, and another that stops at her elbow. I don't know what happened to her, but she tries to fight everyone.

wouldnt she uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh lose?
γ‚€γ‚«γƒ­γ‚Ή --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Apr 28, 2017 10:18 PM

Feb 2016
Ikaros_42oh said:
Exhalant said:

wouldnt she uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh lose?
Surely, but she had an aggressive personality nonetheless.
Apr 28, 2017 11:42 PM

Oct 2016
Johnnyd3rp said:
I had a classmate with a disability to his eyes, basically his world was black and white so we had a special blackboard.

Were you guys using different chalk colors for him?

Apr 29, 2017 12:00 AM

Nov 2016
There are some few people in my school that are disabled for all I know.

Apr 29, 2017 12:11 AM

Jun 2015
i did and i also was apart of such disabled classmates.

becuase a had aspergers and also other things i fit into them quite well
Apr 29, 2017 1:15 AM

Jan 2016
iLya said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

Were you guys using different chalk colors for him?

Basically it was a retroilluminated blackboard, we had special pens with phosphorescent colors.
Apr 29, 2017 10:53 PM

Jun 2015
There's this kid named Ben in my classes who's on the spectrum. He's incredibly intelligent and everyone loves him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2017 10:54 PM

Mar 2016
Nah. They kept us away from us normies.
Apr 30, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
the university i'm in right now has some guy who walks kinda strangely and like i don't know how to explain it but it's definitely not normal.

i don't pay attention to this kind of stuff and i treat everyone equally, as for not not allowing them to go to school, why? it's their decision and maybe that's their wish so if they're able to do it why be against it?
May 1, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2016
When I was in middle school, there's this one girl whose bone is kind of not in the right place. She can walk but only in a funny way. People always ridiculed her. The thing is, sometimes she's annoying. But aren't we all?
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown

More topics from this board

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

27 by cody »»
13 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 29 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
29 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay Β₯1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

27 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.