Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was fun. We got a band with shoujo elements at a school life setting.

The main female character is somewhat unusual with the way she dresses with that facemask. However, I think Nino could be an interesting character. The music content itself is okay, not overly impressive but fun to listen to. I find it amusing how Nino was singing with the band in her way.

They introduced most of the characters by the looks of it too. It's interesting to also see a little bit of Nino's past so I expect to see more of it as this show progress. As one of the very few shoujos this season, I'm really curious to see how they plan to develop the story.
Apr 11, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, the guys in the band are so okama. The main girl who always wear mask has been wanting to meet short guy, who seems to be in pain because he was unable to write songs. Somehow the real vocalist is jealous.

Her voice is surprising, huh. Then another guy, who is apparently another childhood friend of hers, appeared? ED is so nice (I like ED more than OP & IN this ep., too bad ED releases later than OP & IN).

Samples of OP and IN this ep.
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/228391
tsubasaloverApr 11, 2017 11:42 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 11, 2017 9:08 AM
Oct 2013
That voice....😍😍
Apr 11, 2017 9:19 AM
Jul 2012
Nino is great and the vocals for this series songs are really good but that whole La La La song was a bit annoying.
Apr 11, 2017 9:21 AM
Mar 2010
Benio_ said:
Disgusting shoujo anime. 1/10 dropped.

If you know it's shoujo, you knew you wouldn't like it since it's shoujo, so what's the point then? Surely you saw the tag which said 'Shoujo'?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 11, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
I am in awe. I was not expecting much from the first ep but after watching that i absolutely loved it! Without a doubt this is one of my top fav for the season (non sequel) I cant wait for the next ep i am in suspense with whats going to happen next. Gaah i cant hope but wish them luck.
Apr 11, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good start I suppose.

Liking both Nino and Yuzu so far, still need to see more of Momo though. I loved it when Yuzu and NIno were kinda practicing together in the music room. Nino's voice is great and I love how she sang to the tune.

The concert presentation was great with the flashing colors and stuff.

A backstory with two promises both to find one another again, I do like how music has/will bring all three together again but there is definitely gonna be some love drama here. I just hope it's executed well enough.

I can already see the love triangles and the drama the previous vocalist will cause, still hoping for the best. XD
Apr 11, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
Very nice first episode. The music elements sounds good. Nino has a pleasant voice. The concert was dope. She couldn't stop singing. She also got triggered by the twinkle little star song. There seems to be hints of a love triangle. Got to wait and see on who to cheer for.
Apr 11, 2017 9:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was good....Really good both from a musical aspect and story

Gotta say, so far I liked pretty much every named character and their personalties coincides with one another really well, especially Alice and Yuzu, but I already feel like Momo will make this dynamic even better (So far, he seems like a pretty chill dude and I like that)

This is giving me the good vibes that Fuuka gave me initially but I'm hoping that this doesn't turn out the same way as that....Plus it looks like we got a love square in this one lol

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see this series through to the end
Apr 11, 2017 9:50 AM
Jul 2012
phoenixalia said:
Benio_ said:

If you know it's shoujo, you knew you wouldn't like it since it's shoujo, so what's the point then? Surely you saw the tag which said 'Shoujo'?
If you looked at their list they have 400+ dropped anime they do it just to get a low score percentage.
Apr 11, 2017 9:51 AM
Mar 2010
Jakerams said:
phoenixalia said:

If you looked at their list they have 400+ dropped anime they do it just to get a low score percentage.

Well, that's stupid and pointless then. But thanks for pointing that out.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 11, 2017 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
Momo ! Momo ! Momos everywhere !
Apr 11, 2017 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
A bit too fast paced for a first episode, the scenes seem to be going by thick and fast.. guess I'm too used to 20+ episodes for shows of this genre haha. Still, going into this blind and I must say I'm really impressed by this for a first episode. 5/5.

More Hayami singing is always a mega +!

Apr 11, 2017 10:20 AM
Mar 2016
Seem will be more childhood stories next episode from the images preview they released for ep 2.
Apr 11, 2017 10:39 AM
Jun 2016
RIP headphone users should be this anime
Apr 11, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2010
why do they use shitty cgi for a performing school band? it looks so damn ugly :((
but besides that I liked the first episode and since I like the manga I'm happy I can finally hear the songs :3
Apr 11, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
It's alright but the CG was horrible
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 11, 2017 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
It's nice having shoujo manga get adapted. But I wished other serialized Hana to Yume manga got an adaption instead.
Apr 11, 2017 10:52 AM

Mar 2016
I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this since I'm already watching so much this season... it's okay I guess but I'll give it three episode and see

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2015
Jhaazy said:
I am in awe. I was not expecting much from the first ep but after watching that i absolutely loved it! Without a doubt this is one of my top fav for the season (non sequel) I cant wait for the next ep i am in suspense with whats going to happen next. Gaah i cant hope but wish them luck.

I have to agree with this one. I wasn't expecting anything from this and came out impressed. That was really good!
Apr 11, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Jhaazy said:

I feel the same man, I wasn't even aware of what the anime was about until I started watching it, but never did I expect to find such a bomb of feeling, and, wow the music was amazing, I really loved that first ep !
Apr 11, 2017 11:32 AM
Jan 2013
I felt the vibe of Nana and Bokura ga Ita... The animation and Character style has similiarity to Nana ang BGI.
ANIME>Disney
Apr 11, 2017 11:37 AM

May 2012
Extremely melodramatic, and I hate to say it, but it was to the point of being a little cringey at times. Still, I really liked it, the songs especially.

Really liking Nino so far, not so much the other characters yet. Nino's a little aloof and comes off as dense so far, but I still really like her. My bitch-radar is going off for Miou. Hope she doesn't start unnecessary drama, which she prolly will.

The performances were pretty great though. Loved the last one with how much energy there was in it, but... that mix of the horrible 3D CGI completely ruined the feeling when it transitioned into it at times. Still, it was a pretty fun song. Hayami Saori was pretty great

Apr 11, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2017
This is the first time in a love triangle that I'm rooting for both guys!
They both seem so cool in their own ways.
I like Yuzu a bit more than Momo, but this is prolly only cause we don't know anything about Momo yet, and Yuzu got introduced first...

No matter who she'll get together with in the end, I'd feel so bad for the other guy...

But I enjoyed episode 1 a lot!!!! Love Saori Hayami's (Nino) voice <3

my proud card collection here

in love with a ghost - flowers feat. nori ♪

Apr 11, 2017 11:56 AM
Mar 2015
Great start That music really rocks
Apr 11, 2017 12:15 PM

Nov 2016
This is exactly my type of series.
Really liked it that they focussed much on the music right off the bat, though it was a little bit cheesy at some parts.

On first impression this seems already better than Fuuka and I'm exited to see how this will develop ( ready for some drama).

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2017 12:16 PM

Aug 2015
I loved it so much! 24 minutes flew by faster than I expected. Nino's voice, just as that girl from the crowd said, gave me so much goosebumps. I already loved it from the trailer, but damn. That cg tho hahaha
Apr 11, 2017 12:19 PM
Mar 2010
They changed the order of things from the manga, but it was still nice.
Apr 11, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
well the female MC voice seemd so disturbing to me... I was like whaaaaatttt....
Apr 11, 2017 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
Ahh, the (almost) cringe in some parts! It was already bad in the manga, but it's even worse when one has to watch it.

I loved the part where Nino was singing with the band. Good vocals, rough on the edges and uncontrollably wild, exactly how it is supposed to be. I really look forward to hear more of Nino. Unfortunately Miou's voice sounds too cute and doesn't really match her imo. It was only one song though, maybe it'll get better.

The switch between overly emotional and baka funny was good. Just when one's thinking "oh hell no, this shoujo anime is so dramatic" it suddenly doesn't take itself serious anymore.

Haruyoshi's (blondie's) black eyes look really scary Dx Generally nicely executed episode. I hope it can keep the atmosphere it has right now.
Apr 11, 2017 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
I felt like there were some pacing issues since it was going on rather fast to be completely honest. But it was still rather an good start.

I'm still rather confused at the entire conflict, all I am getting at is that Nino cannot sing for certain reasons, then there's also the fact that she met Yuzu after 6 years of not seeing each other, and the song she sang in the beginning was a song he wrote. Then there's the fact that Yuzu is trying to ignore her after said time frame but there isn't much explanation as to why he left or something.

Pretty sure that will probably be explained later on though, since this is the first episode... but I will give the flaws of the impression:

- Pacing being apparent despite not reading the source material, compared to other shows that had some sort of problem this season (Clockwork Planet for example) I can actually notice the pacing issues in here... which is weird when it comes to transitions. Nothing bad per say but it did ticked me off. Especially when it came in regards to the background a bit more.

If anyone that has read the manga can inform me a bit regarding on the pacing that would be appreciated.

- The CGI. Like, most of the season's complaints for me would be the CGI and how a lot of the stuff that I am watching have it and they don't blend very well, or there are few that blend decently, and it seems like in here the staff were trying too hard to make it blend with the lighting, that also includes in the PV, and seeing it in full they're trying to cover those tracks a bit... but you can still notice it. The CGI is pretty badly rendered at least in my eyes and not only that it doesn't even look good, this just looks weird at best.

Other than that it was a good start though.
Apr 11, 2017 1:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Not gonna lie, i laughed at some part that i shouldnt have, specially in the second concert.

It was a pretty bad start but i'll keep going, maybe it was just a bad start and the rest will be better.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 11, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
lalalallalalaal noise...

tsundere boy...

dropped
Apr 11, 2017 2:09 PM
Jan 2017
The pace of the episode was really off. I feel like somewhere the director did a poor job on this episode (Can't blame him, the only other show he was a director for was Keijo) I hope it gets better from the next episode. I loved the premise and have high hopes for this.
Apr 11, 2017 2:13 PM

May 2016
Okay, I got my shoujo pick for the season, seems to be a damn good one thus far.

I so love the designs, didn't really get to see anything like this since Mawaru Penguindrum (read: ages ago).
Everybody looks feminine and a smile takes half of a face, just how I like it in my melodramatic teenage romance. Yum. High priority on this baby here.
Apr 11, 2017 2:31 PM
Aug 2014
What's the title of 2nd Insert Song?

EDIT: Nevermind, for anyone interested it's 「スパイラル」
KyukooApr 11, 2017 2:36 PM
Apr 11, 2017 2:42 PM

Oct 2011
The art style is really distracting, otherwise the story looks fine

Apr 11, 2017 2:45 PM

May 2014
It seems okay so far. I immediately recognized Saori's voice and was like YASSS. The MC doesn't seem too bad. I like how she's pretty chill. I hope she doesn't become an annoying crybaby like most shoujo heroines turn out to be.
LOL @ the sudden live concert at school. Seemed kinda random tbh but then again I dunno jack about Japanese high schools. The concert CG was pretty bad though, such cringe.
So it seems like this is gonna have a love triangle... sigh. And it already seems pretty biased towards Momo too (why can't the tsundere guy ever win?)
Also, for an anime that's all about music, I couldn't help but feel pretty disappointed with the songs. I dunno, maybe I was expecting NANA levels of music? The ED was pretty dope though.
Apr 11, 2017 2:47 PM

Jul 2009
I think the weirdest thing for me is that I don't like her voice. Well when she's not singing vocals its ok but when she was singing at the end it just sounded like shouting to me. Hopefully the songs they do in the future won't make me feel this way.

Overall good start. I feel like I'm already rooting for Yuzu, poor guy. She was so happy to see him but yet her voice belongs to Momo? Dang.
Apr 11, 2017 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
I really wanted to like this, but the art style and animation felt...pretty bad. Plus, the singing was pretty irritating. That is not how you animate someone singing. I can't really warm to most of the characters either.
Oh well, I'm watching too much anime this season anyway.
Apr 11, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2015
Benio_ said:

Get a life, please.

Apr 11, 2017 4:14 PM
Mar 2016
Inugirlz said:
I think the weirdest thing for me is that I don't like her voice. Well when she's not singing vocals its ok but when she was singing at the end it just sounded like shouting to me. Hopefully the songs they do in the future won't make me feel this way.

Overall good start. I feel like I'm already rooting for Yuzu, poor guy. She was so happy to see him but yet her voice belongs to Momo? Dang.

If you read the source material she supposed to just screaming her heart out, it means to be a messy performance but for some people they will still like it, how she becomes a better singer will be part of her development in the future
Apr 11, 2017 4:16 PM

Jul 2011
RIP low budget shoujo animation, and this only the first episode...? Like when she sings... what even. :'D

Saying that, this was a pleasant surprise. Albeit the melodrama nature of shoujo manga shone through lol...

Couldn't really get into the concert at the end, so hope it becomes better later. And love triangle incoming...
Apr 11, 2017 4:30 PM

Sep 2014
This is the kind of episode that just leaves me wanting more.
Can't wait until next week.
Apr 11, 2017 4:31 PM
Jun 2016
Benio_ said:

It has a shoujo tag....
Apr 11, 2017 4:34 PM

Nov 2011
Episode 1 was really really good. Far better then I expected. there were parts that gave me insane goosebumps.

Now it comes down to who's flag am I going to wave?

As of right now...im leaning Momo.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 11, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2009
hattada said:
Inugirlz said:

If you read the source material she supposed to just screaming her heart out, it means to be a messy performance but for some people they will still like it, how she becomes a better singer will be part of her development in the future

Yeah after reading the synopsis part about her having a uncontrollable urge to shout I got that part. I just found it weird that the thoughts of everyone listening was that she was really good/amazing even tho that one band member did say she was still rough. I kinda expected the audience members to not cut her as much slack.
Apr 11, 2017 5:33 PM

Dec 2014
Can this please be the rock anime that I've been looking for. Beck, Bang dream, none of them did it for me. Please, I want a good rock band anime. Hopes aside, all the signs are pointing to this not being very good. Just the logic of this show is already bad. Hearing a voice in a packed auditorium? lol

I like how this show has some A list seiyuu yet I can only ever hear them as the Sekko Boys. S-E-K-K-O B-O-Y-S SEKKO
Apr 11, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
Getting that chihayafuru vibe from the main trio omg. The character design reminds me of Tonari no kaibetsu. Feeling this will be a better Fuuka
Apr 11, 2017 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
The LALALA was reaaaaaaaally annoying, wtf lol
The animation gets pretty ugly from time to time
When she started going all crazy from not singing I laughed so much wtf guuurl no drugs before the concert
AND THAT WAS A WEEEEIRD CONCERT...
But, but oh well, let's see how it goes...I had a good laugh out of this because it was so weird XD

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

93 by niccochis »»
Feb 7, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

57 by ChukyBird »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Who should win Nino's heart?

bittersweetlove - Jun 4, 2017

39 by Jhenjhenmarine »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

49 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 22, 2023 1:16 PM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

27 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 22, 2023 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.