Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
probably one of the best starting episodes this season.we already get an introduction to the world once again, as well as the current state the it's in. the introduction of our main character Nina who although a bit annoying is also a bundle of personality. there was a good amount of action going on., and reintroduction of characters. the Art/animation is still as good as it was last season, and the soundtrack was great as well
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 9, 2017 2:56 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Man this episode was great all around. We get to see Nina and a glimpse at what kind of person she is. Then we get my main dudes Bacchus and Kaiser back into the story, just them doing their own things and then there's that ragged dude.

I lol'd so hard when he was running away from Nina and in turn Nina just ran uber fucking fast. Nina seems OP as fuck. She's cute, has the strength of 10+ men and is a dragon. Instant wife material right there <3

Also, god bless MAPPA for being one of the few studios that doesn't have shitty CG in their shows. The CG was fluid and on point for those big ass knights.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Apr 9, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
AntwanMantilla said:

Also, god bless MAPPA for being one of the few studios that doesn't have shitty CG in their shows. The CG was fluid and on point for those big ass knights.

Exactly my thoughts. MAPPA has been the only studio I can think of that uses quite a bit of CG that doesn't suck.
๏ปฟ    ๏ปฟ
   ๏ปฟ
Apr 9, 2017 6:08 PM

Jan 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
I honestly don't remember ANYTHING from the first season, not couting the main characters, wasn't Azazel a bad guy there or something? I wonder if this season's gonna be about "humans can be more evil than demons themselves" sort of thing.

Azazel was just a demon loyal to his king, though he was perceived to be a bad guy by the audience because he opposed the main characters. You gotta remember that Favaro and the others were tricked by the real bad guys in order to awaken Bahamut, so by opposing them he was technically on the "good side".
Also, with a two cour run, I'd wager that there'll be much more to the story than that ;)
Apr 9, 2017 6:14 PM

May 2010
HapHazrD said:
Kitsu-nee said:
I honestly don't remember ANYTHING from the first season, not couting the main characters, wasn't Azazel a bad guy there or something? I wonder if this season's gonna be about "humans can be more evil than demons themselves" sort of thing.

Azazel was just a demon loyal to his king, though he was perceived to be a bad guy by the audience because he opposed the main characters. You gotta remember that Favaro and the others were tricked by the real bad guys in order to awaken Bahamut, so by opposing them he was technically on the "good side".
Also, with a two cour run, I'd wager that there'll be much more to the story than that ;)

Ooh, now it makes more sense, thanks for your reminding!
Apr 9, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
LeWeebJames said:
Yo where my nigga Favaro at? Anyway this episode was fuckn epic and Nina is cool,I guess I don't mind her being the MC.
Same thought throughout the whole damn episode.
Apr 9, 2017 6:37 PM

Oct 2008
so 10 year has passed and Kaisai is still the same, I wonder where's Favaro!
new Girl Nina is energetic and looks like she's the next center of attention because she can turn into a red dragon!
OST classical was the highlights!
5/5.

Apr 9, 2017 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
Very pretty animation and nice new character designs. The red dragon looks a bit goofy though.

I'm very glad that this is a 2-cour. Looking forward for this!
Apr 9, 2017 7:02 PM

Jan 2015
Bowie said:
I somehow thought Nina was the lovechild of Favaro and Amira, tbh.

I mean, I don't think she has ties to Favaro, but Nina and Amira have very similar chara designs so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out they're related one way or another. Also, she can turn into a dragon and Amira did fuse with Bahamut which is also a dragon. Pretty sure it will come into play later on.
Apr 10, 2017 4:15 AM

Sep 2016
It was all right for a start. Let's see where this goes.
Apr 10, 2017 4:52 AM

Jun 2014
Oh I am so pumped for the return of this show.

WHAT A STRONG START TO A SEASON!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 10, 2017 6:55 AM

Dec 2008
Holy shit! I wasn't expecting that! I thought Nina was just some teen girl whose hormones were in overdrive, turns out when she's "excited" she transforms into a dragon. Can't wait to see how this plays out considering there are good looking guys everywhere in this anime!

Poor Kaisar...
Apr 10, 2017 8:41 AM
Aug 2011
That was fun. Did not disappoint me at all and Nina is great already.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how wacky this series gets, a glimpse of Favaro along the way wouldn't hurt either.
Apr 10, 2017 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
If i remember right Favaro had merged with bahamut to calm him yes? we'l see him i bet, Amira is dead don't want to see her, That vigilante is lucifer precisely and new character is already a dragon :)
Apr 10, 2017 4:41 PM

Nov 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
THIS is how you do CGI. Every other studio, take notes

The CGI is decent but nothing special like Ufotable's
Apr 10, 2017 6:37 PM

Nov 2016
This is starting really good! So happy that this will have 24 eps :D

The new girl Nina seems likable, but I still miss Amira :'(

I'm glad to see most characters from previous season in this new season, but, WHERE THE HECK IS MY MAN FAVARO!? Hope he will show up ASAP, because he's one of the reasons why I'm loving this series <3
Apr 10, 2017 8:14 PM
Nov 2015
Can we see this second season by skipping the first one?
Apr 10, 2017 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
HiggsBoson said:
Can we see this second season by skipping the first one?

Its definitely possible based on the first episode but you will be missing out a fair bit with returning characters and settings.
Apr 10, 2017 9:54 PM

Sep 2014
Nina is actually pretty fun to watch so far.

Glad I got to see Kaisar again, but where is my main man Favaro!

Fun episode.
Apr 11, 2017 7:12 AM

Feb 2011
A MC that turns into a dragon when she gets horny ? HELLL YEAHHHHHH !
Apr 11, 2017 8:51 AM
Jan 2010
Bahamut is back, finally. It's was fun and interesting start. Nina is really likeable and fun protagonist, and she has great facial expressions. Whenever she sees a hot guy, she might turn into a dragon - I hope this won't turn into a reverse harem XD
Humans ruining the harmony between other races, and treating demons like slaves - cruel, but oh so real.
It was nice seeing Kaisar and Rita back, now all we need is FAVAROOOO!
Apr 11, 2017 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
Kitsu-nee said:

My problem exactly. Worst of all, I can't remember the king: Charioce (or Chariot or whatever, let's call him 'Chariot') appearing in the first season at all.

Humans do seem to be the evil ones this season, save for Kaisar and master mason. Then again, even in season one it was made quite clear that they were all just warring races really, rather than good and evil. Regarding Lucifer and Azazel: I don't remember that either, but I think Azazel was the bad guy trying to overthrow Lucifer, and this must be Lucifer, since Lucifer as a fallen angel would be the only 'daemon' with feathered (rather than webbed) wings.

My questions are, apart from who king Chariot is: what happened to Favaro, what happened to Jeanne, what happened to all the prominent angels, and why are Kaisar and Rita no longer together?

Lol, dat sig,.. Saki-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 11, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
Laionidas said:
Kitsu-nee said:

My problem exactly. Worst of all, I can't remember the king: Charioce (or Chariot or whatever, let's call him 'Chariot') appearing in the first season at all.

Humans do seem to be the evil ones this season, save for Kaisar and master mason. Then again, even in season one it was made quite clear that they were all just warring races really, rather than good and evil. Regarding Lucifer and Azazel: I don't remember that either, but I think Azazel was the bad guy trying to overthrow Lucifer, and this must be Lucifer, since Lucifer as a fallen angel would be the only 'daemon' with feathered (rather than webbed) wings.

My questions are, apart from who king Chariot is: what happened to Favaro, what happened to Jeanne, what happened to all the prominent angels, and why are Kaisar and Rita no longer together?

Okay so here are some answers, as I rewatched the first season a couple months ago.

1) There was a different king in season 1 but he died at the end, when Bahamut was going on a rampage. The king appearing in this episode is a new one, potentially his successor.

2) Azazel wasn't the bad guy trying to overthrow Lucifer, that's Belzebuth. Though Azazel was seen as a bad guy through most of the series because he was opposing the MCs, he uncovered the treason of Belzebuth and then fought alongside the others in the end to stop Bahamut.

3) Last we know, Favaro went back to being a bounty hunter and Jeanne returned to being a knight although falling from grace. But that was 10 years ago and we'll surely learn more about them as the story progresses. Concerning the prominent angels from last season, most of them died at the end, either by the hand of "corrupted Jeanne" or by Bahamut.
Apr 11, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, Shingeki no Bahamut, how I missed you.
I missed Kaiser. I missed Rita. And of course, I missed Favarooo!
This first episode was just as good as I expected. I'm liking Nina already, lol.
This show really knows how to make likable characters, I love it.

Art and animation are amazing as usual, and the soundtrack is on point.
Definitely my most anticipated anime of the season, up there with AoT S2 and My Hero Academia S2.
I'm so happy it's 24 episodes!!

‏‏‎ ‎

ใ€Œ‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ ใ€

ใ€Œ‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ ใ€

ใ€Œ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ใ€
Apr 12, 2017 5:30 AM

Jun 2013
FREAKING AMAZING

AOTS IS HERE
Apr 12, 2017 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
I seem to be one of the few that don't like Nina. At least judging from the first episode. That may change in future episodes.
Other than that though, the first episode was pretty good. I had hopes to see Favaro in this episode at least once, but oh well. He'll appear sooner or later.
Apr 12, 2017 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
People I watched Shingeki no Bahamut - Short Story, it's a prequel to Virgin Soul, you could call it episode 00, there's some plot key points and answered questions that you should know leading to this episode and more importantly... Favarooooooooooooooooo! is there xD
Apr 13, 2017 1:21 AM

Dec 2015
A correct start for a full-length series, tganks to the non-obtrusive introduction of the situation and heroin.
The incoming era of humanity is interesting after the first series made humans so caught in-between.

3/5 Now, if only they did write something worth the series length unlike the first time, it will be at least decent. (not expecting something more than pure entertainment from this, obviously)

Why do people sound hell bent on getting back the previous main characters? If the full old party is injected back in this series for too long, it will only cast a shadow on the new party to come (one "veteran" along the new heroes should be more than enough).

Shingeki no Bahamut - Short Story is an epilogue to the first series and more importantly... Favarooooooooooooooooo! is there xD

Even more importantly, Hayashibara is there !
Rei_IIIApr 13, 2017 1:26 AM
Apr 13, 2017 2:29 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting start.

The humans are waging war against the gods now. I can't really blame them. The new king seems to be a first-grade prick though.

I'm not sure about the new girl. Her dragon form was cool though.

Azazel works for the humans while secretly freeing demon slaves.

It's nice to see best girl again.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 13, 2017 5:28 AM

Oct 2013
Lucifier ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ but i missed favaro.....
Apr 13, 2017 7:55 AM
Jun 2015
Nice first episode! Really missed SnB . And was a little surprised to see that DAOKO did the ending :D
Apr 13, 2017 8:24 AM

Sep 2009
It's a damn travesty that the less popular game gets the good anime (Rage of Bahamut) while the more popular one that I play (Granblue Fantasy) gets the short end of the stick.

Not like I'd have it any other way. Excellent start. Nina a CUTE.

Apr 13, 2017 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
Simply amazing and this is what we call ANIME.

We need more quality shows like this.

Anyway 5/5
ok :p
Apr 13, 2017 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Murasa22 said:
FREAKING AMAZING

AOTS IS HERE

We've got two "Shingeki's" this season,.. and all my money is on this one!

HapHazrD said:
Okay so here are some answers, as I rewatched the first season a couple months ago.

1) There was a different king in season 1 but he died at the end, when Bahamut was going on a rampage. The king appearing in this episode is a new one, potentially his successor.

2) Azazel wasn't the bad guy trying to overthrow Lucifer, that's Belzebuth. Though Azazel was seen as a bad guy through most of the series because he was opposing the MCs, he uncovered the treason of Belzebuth and then fought alongside the others in the end to stop Bahamut.

3) Last we know, Favaro went back to being a bounty hunter and Jeanne returned to being a knight although falling from grace. But that was 10 years ago and we'll surely learn more about them as the story progresses. Concerning the prominent angels from last season, most of them died at the end, either by the hand of "corrupted Jeanne" or by Bahamut.

I might need to re-watch at least the season one finale, but frankly I hate rewatching (almost) anything.

Luckily, the shorts explained a lot.

"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 14, 2017 2:59 AM

Dec 2013
just like how season 1 started, this season is starting off well too. animation is top notch orgasmic.

pumped that this is gonna be 24 eps.

interesting how they seem to be taking the line that the humans are the bad guys in this. wonder how it'll all play out.
Apr 16, 2017 12:34 AM

Jan 2011
Kaisa did not seem to age, the king is young (dont remember him in season 1), Nina is ok so far

guess I have to watch the shorts
Apr 16, 2017 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
Needs more FAVAROOOOO. 24 episodes hype!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 17, 2017 9:17 AM
Apr 2014
10 years time skip? I guess continuing directly after s1 wouldn't make much sense. But this also takes "reviving" Amira out as a possibility, too, and I'm not too happy about that D: As unlikely as it was anyway I still was hoping for it... And no Favaro in the first episode >.> Only short scenes with Kaisar but also without Rita :( well I guess she was in the last scene before the credits.

Hope the main characters are still that and we won't get an entirely new story.

Also there is something wrong if the most likable character in episode 1 is one of the antagonists of the first season. Poor Azazel just trying to help mistreated demons.
Apr 17, 2017 6:37 PM
Mar 2012
Glad Nina wasn't annoying like the pvs imply, tho her screams are too much for the mic. Good dose of funny & epic.
Forgot the mecha & dragons, both look great.
Kaiser still a pushover lackey lol. Azazel fight was great, might need to rewatch s1 forgot a lot. New character (Mugaro?) has kiss of death?
Yay most hyped for Rita & Hamsa return. Strange "printer" ducky has.
Nina so horny she became a dragon lol.

Apr 18, 2017 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
Nanashi said:
10 years time skip? I guess continuing directly after s1 wouldn't make much sense. But this also takes "reviving" Amira out as a possibility, too, and I'm not too happy about that D: As unlikely as it was anyway I still was hoping for it... And no Favaro in the first episode >.> Only short scenes with Kaisar but also without Rita :( well I guess she was in the last scene before the credits.

Hope the main characters are still that and we won't get an entirely new story.

Also there is something wrong if the most likable character in episode 1 is one of the antagonists of the first season. Poor Azazel just trying to help mistreated demons.

Well you know Bahamut is a dragon and Nina can turn into a dragon. Would be surprised if there is not some kind of connection which could lead to discovering a way to save Amira.
Apr 21, 2017 3:11 AM
Feb 2015
This anime gives me one piece vibes corrupt kingdom slaves gladiator death battles
Apr 22, 2017 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
Excellent start to the second season, its animation is one of the best I have seen and one of my favourites. I wished most series have top quality animations like this one where it's not entirely old school but rather a modern old school :D
Apr 22, 2017 1:17 PM
May 2012
Great first episode!!! Now I wanna more and more!!! S2
May 5, 2017 9:38 PM

Apr 2012
Wonderful start! I was surprised to see angels murdered and demons enslaved. I like the promise of dark plot to come. Love the rag demon.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
May 13, 2017 4:39 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing start. Nina is so charming and lets just hope Amira returns this season. I can't wait to see Favaro!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2017 3:22 AM
Dec 2012
Quite enjoyed the first season & thought that I'd let this finish airing before watching it but fuck that. Great start! it's nice to see them visuals.

Nina's hilarious :D
Jun 4, 2017 6:44 AM

Jul 2009
Nina is damn strong! And now we know why, she is a dragon...
Jul 3, 2017 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
Wowow a strong start for that serie I didn't know.
The introduction of the characters and the plot show a high potential!
Nina is really strange when she has high emotions (^^)
Oct 24, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
glad i decided to wait for a binge watch. the ending artworks continue and the music continues to emphasize the story! i love these type of shows!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.