Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 4, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2012
<This post has been deleted>
LarasoMar 4, 2023 7:13 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2010
I actually loved the anime, but after the arc they are currently animating the manga became kinda a trainwreck and I lost interest I'm like 20+ chapters behind. So I'm kinda glad they are only doing 13 episodes for the second season.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 4, 2017 6:43 PM

Sep 2009
I mean, there are plenty of shows that make this one look like a baby's first cartoon, but it's not that bad.... Yet, at least. First episode of s2 is unimpressive.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 4, 2017 6:47 PM

Jul 2009
You're asking about something that pretty much applies to every modern popular anime, and the answer will always be the same: people love to hate on popular things
Apr 4, 2017 6:48 PM

Apr 2014
Because it has a large fanbase.
Popular things get hated on.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Apr 4, 2017 6:49 PM

Jul 2015
Its because its so popular. At least it isn't hated as much as SAO :/
Apr 4, 2017 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
The main 2 criticism I have seen people say about the series is that it is just mindless edgy series with little to no plot, and that the characters are either meh or bad. There is truth when they talk about the characters.

I think there is still hope for those people to see this series greatness, this season will start hinting that the plot is far, far deeper than what they initially thought. I've also seen some persons that didn't like the first season, actually stated how surprise they were on how good the first episode of s2 was.

But the main hate is because its a popular series that is loved by many, so people are naturally going to be 10x times more critical than if it was a series that no one gives too shits about.

And then we have the bandwagoners who may not loved or like the series, but will be very extreme to fit in a certain group like @Comic_Sans's who gave the first season a 6/10, but a few month later she lower the score to a 3/10. now she gave the 2nd season a 2/10, I have no idea what made the second season first episode that bad for it to be even lower than the first season.

But her opinion is not to be taken seriously, she pretty much confirm her scores are fabricated and not how she truly feels about the series, I don't even think she watches most of the series she claim she has.

^ people like comic_sans are cancer and should be ignored or block I would call them spam, honestly I kinda did like that user, but as years goes by and you get older and see this person acting the same way after so many years and troll hating everything I just lost all respect I have for that person, people like @BurningSpirit are genuine, and they at least are open minded enough that what they did not like in the first season can maybe be improved in the second season. People that dislike the series are different from persons hate the series.

but to answer your question, its a popular series therefore it will have a huge hatebase and a huge fanbase.

keragammingApr 4, 2017 7:00 PM
Apr 4, 2017 6:53 PM

Aug 2016
It's easily the most popular anime to come out in the decade. Naturally, it's going to attract a lot of hate.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Apr 4, 2017 7:03 PM

Mar 2017
When a show gets popular, obviously a lot of people have seen it, including those who are well-respected and have super-high standards (basically, anime youtubers and elitists). They review it and point out flaws, while the community watches. Afterwards, now aware of said flaws, the community likes it less and eventually starts hating it unfairly. (This may not be how it happens, but it's my best guess.)
Apr 4, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm, I guess I could tell you my personal problems I had with the show in general. Side note: I haven't read the manga (or whatever it's based off on), so I am judging purely on the anime alone.

1) The background characters that keep dying off are just replaced with more background characters. My criticism to this is that they never give you a good idea of how many people are actually enrolled/trained to fight these Titans. Background characters just keep dying off one after the other and it's almost as if there is no end/limit to it, so it just keeps getting recycled and comes off as bad writing or the ol' "insert gore here for shock value." If you're writing about a Dystopian setting, then I need to feel like there are actual consequences.
2) Characters are all pretty dull/one-dimensional.
3) Nothing gets explained, but I'm pretty sure it will unravel itself in due time. However, if the explanations are nonsensical, then I can't say there's much hope in me enjoying this anime.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 4, 2017 7:06 PM

Nov 2014
keragamming said:
people like @BurningSpirit are genuine, and they at least are open minded enough that what they did not like in the first season can maybe be improved in the second season. People that dislike the series are different from persons hate the series.

I seem to have been summoned. I didn't even rate the series that bad tbh, also I think dislike is a strong word, indifferent would be more accurate for me. It was far far from a masterpiece no doubt, but I can acknowledge its merits (mostly the first episode), which was mostly before Eren could just bite his hand for as much power as needed to advance the plot. For me it was mostly that and the infallible Levi and Mikasa getting so much of the action that made it lose the tension.

But let's be honest here, if the series wasn't as popular, it did enough animation and soundtrack-wise to make me watch a second season, but because it was only the animation and soundtrack that stood out, it didn't entice me to read the manga.
BurningSpiritApr 4, 2017 7:10 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 4, 2017 7:18 PM

Oct 2013
BurningSpirit said:
keragamming said:
people like @BurningSpirit are genuine, and they at least are open minded enough that what they did not like in the first season can maybe be improved in the second season. People that dislike the series are different from persons hate the series.

I seem to have been summoned. I didn't even rate the series that bad tbh, also I think dislike is a strong word, indifferent would be more accurate for me. It was far far from a masterpiece no doubt, but I can acknowledge its merits (mostly the first episode), which was mostly before Eren could just bite his hand for as much power as needed to advance the plot. For me it was mostly that and the infallible Levi and Mikasa getting so much of the action that made it lose the tension.

But let's be honest here, if the series wasn't as popular, it did enough animation and soundtrack-wise to make me watch a second season, but because it was only the animation and soundtrack that stood out, it didn't entice me to read the manga.

Yea, you are right, but I have seen some persons in the season 2 discussion thread that score the first season with a 4 or 3/10 were surprise on how good the first episode of season 2 was.

I have seen a a lot of persons reading the manga after this episode. I'm guessing the beast titan had peaked their interest.

I think plenty of people will be reading the manga once this season ends, because there will be plenty of interesting questions, maybe even you will be entice to read it.

Apr 4, 2017 7:52 PM

Nov 2014
keragamming said:
Yea, you are right, but I have seen some persons in the season 2 discussion thread that score the first season with a 4 or 3/10 were surprise on how good the first episode of season 2 was.

I have seen a a lot of persons reading the manga after this episode. I'm guessing the beast titan had peaked their interest.

I think plenty of people will be reading the manga once this season ends, because there will be plenty of interesting questions, maybe even you will be entice to read it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I wasn't blown away with the first episode. It was a good start sure but I'm not sure it'll have anything as powerful as the first season's 1st episode as a launchpad for something amazing. Of which btw, they used it as a launchpad for making Eren such an unbearably annoying shounen main character, constantly yelling about revenge. That combined with a plot armour so firmly set up after less than 12 episodes (was it 8 episodes?) makes Eren one of the greatest downfalls to the series.

It was a good start, but my doubt for the second season stems from the fact that they've gone through the entire first season without ever reaching anywhere near the level of tension it achieved in the first few episodes of the first season (that doesn't mean the entire series is bad, it's just "above average"). I'm not sure who is your favourite character of the series, but I think for most of the fanbase it's the "awesomeness" of Mikasa or Levi. That's the only conceivable reason why you would enjoy this series in it's entirety. For me, because I don't enjoy the main cast, the series would have to make me enjoy it establishing a powerful side cast arc by arc and try not to flop it like it did with Levi's squad. Which it has attempted once before (and failed), but I'm doubtfully hopeful this second seasons's attempt might work.

I'm not sure what in particular about the beast titan enticed those people to read the manga. If you were enticed by an unusual titan wouldn't the giant, armoured or female titan have already enticed you since season 1? The only possible way to entice me for the manga at this point is for the second season to develop a side character well while keeping the main cast away as much as possible, then ending the season on a cliffhanger of that well-developed side character's arc. I do have to say, I generally don't read action manga as well, most series I read are SoL, romcoms or romantic dramas, so even then I might even just stop after reading to a non-cliffhanger point. I don't have anything particularly against AOT, it's just I don't think manga is the best way of portraying an action series.
BurningSpiritApr 4, 2017 8:01 PM

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 4, 2017 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
BurningSpirit said:
keragamming said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I wasn't blown away with the first episode. It was a good start sure but I'm not sure it'll have anything as powerful as the first season's 1st episode as a launchpad for something amazing. Of which btw, they used it as a launchpad for making Eren such an unbearably annoying shounen main character, constantly yelling about revenge. That combined with a plot armour so firmly set up after less than 12 episodes (was it 8 episodes?) makes Eren one of the greatest downfalls to the series.

It was a good start, but my doubt for the second season stems from the fact that they've gone through the entire first season without ever reaching anywhere near the level of tension it achieved in the first few episodes of the first season (that doesn't mean the entire series is bad, it's just "above average"). I'm not sure who is your favourite character of the series, but I think for most of the fanbase it's the "awesomeness" of Mikasa or Levi. That's the only conceivable reason why you would enjoy this series in it's entirety. For me, because I don't enjoy the main cast, the series would have to make me enjoy it establishing a powerful side cast arc by arc and try not to flop it like it did with Levi's squad. Which it has attempted once before (and failed), but I'm doubtfully hopeful this second seasons's attempt might work.

I'm not sure what in particular about the beast titan enticed those people to read the manga, if you were enticed by an unusual titan wouldn't the giant, armoured or female titan have enticed you since season 1?

Go to my favorite list, and you will see the snk characters I like the most. Yea the female and armored titan interest me since season 1.

But I think why the beast titan peak the interest of so many is because he does not recognize the 3d gear, meaning he is not from inside the walls which then bring up a million different questions, and also because he can talk and control the titans.
Apr 4, 2017 8:23 PM

Nov 2014
keragamming said:
Go to my favorite list, and you will see the snk characters I like the most. Yea the female and armored titan interest me since season 1.

But I think why the beast titan peak the interest of so many is because he does not recognize the 3d gear, meaning he is not from inside the walls which then bring up a million different questions, and also because he can talk and control the titans.

Annie and Kirsta huh? Unusual. But no doubt I agree that they are the better characters of the series.

Yeah I know, I just find strange that much of the incentive to go read the manga now is gone until the end of AOT season 2, yet this is the time they decide to go read the manga. They probably are just driven and motivated in a different way than I am, with most of them driven by excitement and curiosity while I'm driven by tension and wanting to receive information through the best medium possible. The foreshadowing and mystery behind the giant and armoured titans (especially after a pretty huge reveal that these titans could be among the soldier's ranks through Annie) plus the uncertainty of a second season seems much stronger enticement for manga readership than the slightly more mysterious beast titan with the next episode coming in a week.

In any case, I'm pretty sure you can't reveal much more aside from outright spoiling me, so let's stop here. I know, amazing, I haven't been spoilt for AOT, I genuinely only remember the identity of the female titan. I actually have been spoilt and I just have a really good talent of tuning out information and casually forgetting it after plowing through another 3 different anime series.

Also I edited my previous post before you commented, generally about my thoughts on action manga. So you might to reread that part a little.

My MAL Interview
Apr 4, 2017 10:40 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
And then we have the bandwagoners who may not loved or like the series, but will be very extreme to fit in a certain group like @Comic_Sans's who gave the first season a 6/10, but a few month later she lower the score to a 3/10. now she gave the 2nd season a 2/10, I have no idea what made the second season first episode that bad for it to be even lower than the first season.

But her opinion is not to be taken seriously, she pretty much confirm her scores are fabricated and not how she truly feels about the series, I don't even think she watches most of the series she claim she has.

^ people like comic_sans are cancer and should be ignored or block I would call them spam, honestly I kinda did like that user, but as years goes by and you get older and see this person acting the same way after so many years and troll hating everything I just lost all respect I have for that person, people like @BurningSpirit are genuine, and they at least are open minded enough that what they did not like in the first season can maybe be improved in the second season. People that dislike the series are different from persons hate the series.
Indeed, I am such an elitist bandwagoner, that's why I gave the very much criticized Evangelion 3.0 a 9, the highly acclaimed Gintama a 6, the fujotrash series Yuri!! On Ice an 8, the trashy ecchi series B Gata H Kei a 7, the very popular Prison School a 2, the the second season of the BL series Sekaiichi Hatsukoi a 7, the fujo series Meganebu! an 8 et cetera ... but that doesn't fit the narrative, so let's just ignore that.

Opinions and feelings about an anime can change, both during and after somebody has finished watching it. I know you only keep track of how I rate your favorite anime, but if you had actually bothered to keep track of all my scores instead of starring yourself blind on the ones that could help you build a false narrative then you would've seen that I change my scores all the time. Ghost in the Shell went from an 8 to a 7 because my liking of it went colder, Tokyo Ghoul went from a 4 to a 1 because I began hating it more and more, School Days went from a 4 to a 5 because I realized it was only mediocre, the second season of Haikyuu! went from a 7 to an 8 because it kept on getting better and better and so on. I wasn't even that fond of Shitneki no Kyojin initially and 6 already is a low score for such a critically acclaimed series but as time went on I started dislike it more and more.

You can call me a troll all you want but this is but the truth and no scibbiedie-doobie-doing from your side is ever going to change that.

Stop stalking me and get over yourself, seriously.
Comic_SansApr 4, 2017 11:34 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 4, 2017 10:54 PM

May 2014
Amount of hate is directly proportional to popularity.

That's just a fact.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Apr 4, 2017 11:10 PM

Jun 2014
Prince said:
Because it has a large fanbase.
Popular things get hated on.

This. People just like things to hate on, it's not really for any specific reason. it's just a bandwagon thing. i'm usually pretty critical of anime but I think it's great. people just don't like 'edgy' shit and want to keep their anime strictly cute girls, romance, soft shounen etc. Basically anything that's completely unrelated to reality
Apr 4, 2017 11:16 PM
Aug 2014
Comic_Sans said:
keragamming said:

Indeed, I am such an elitist bandwagoner, that's why I gave the very much criticized Evangelion 3.0 a 9, the highly acclaimed Gintama a 6, the fujotrash series Yuri!! On Ice an 8, the trashy ecchi series B Gata H Kei a 7, the very popular Prison School a 2, the the second season of the BL series Sekaiichi Hatsukoi a 7, the fujo series Meganebu! an 8 et cetera ... but that doesn't fit the narrative, so let's just ignore that.

Opinions and feelings about an anime can change, both during and after somebody has finished watching it. I know you only keep track of how I rate your favorite anime, but if you had actually bothered to keep track of all my scores instead of the ones that could help you build a false narrative then you would've seen that I change my scores all the time. Ghost in the Shell went from an 8 to a 7 because my liking of it went colder, Tokyo Ghoul went from a 4 to a 1 because I began hating it more and more, the second season of Haikyuu! went from a 7 to an 8 because it kept on getting better and better and so on. I wasn't even that fond of Shitneki no Kyojin initially and 6 already is a low score for such a critically acclaimed series but as time went on I started dislike it more and more. This isn't rocket science, this is nothing but the mere truth and scibbiedie-doobie-doing from your side is ever going to change that.

This.

One's opinion of a series can certainly change. As one watches more and more, there in turn becomes more for one to compare a series to. The enthusiasm once felt towards a specific series can easily fade in time as it gets overshadowed by other series and such. In a similar way, inversely, one's opinion of a series can improve in time as one can later discover the intricacies missed on the initial watch.
Apr 5, 2017 5:54 AM

Aug 2012
Well it is one of the most popular anime to come out in recent times, so there's going to be a lot of people who've seen it that either love it or hate it.
Apr 5, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
Because its fans keep overhyping it and making it to be something it's not (mature). Also, popular things tend to get a lot of hate, no matter its actual quality.
Apr 5, 2017 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
there will always e hate... I guess
Apr 5, 2017 9:41 AM
Apr 2017
Because it was a super hit and got a huge fan base. Then it made us wait years for the second season.
Apr 5, 2017 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
I'll never understand the hate for SnK, I usually can easily recognize flaws in most anime I watch including my favs but I can't fucking see the flaws people claim that SnK has. Re-watching it now and my opinion is still the same.
Apr 5, 2017 1:24 PM
Mar 2010
I actually like it, but what made me frustrated was the fact that the show tried to be a mystery, while the answers were obvious, the suspense was underwhelming. Still it has its moments the music is good and the animation is something we rarely see.
Apr 5, 2017 1:28 PM

Oct 2016
Because it's, oh I don't know, bad?
Apr 5, 2017 8:59 PM

Oct 2013
Konakana said:
Comic_Sans said:

Opinions and feelings about an anime can change, both during and after somebody has finished watching it. I know you only keep track of how I rate your favorite anime, but if you had actually bothered to keep track of all my scores instead of the ones that could help you build a false narrative then you would've seen that I change my scores all the time. Ghost in the Shell went from an 8 to a 7 because my liking of it went colder, Tokyo Ghoul went from a 4 to a 1 because I began hating it more and more, the second season of Haikyuu! went from a 7 to an 8 because it kept on getting better and better and so on. I wasn't even that fond of Shitneki no Kyojin initially and 6 already is a low score for such a critically acclaimed series but as time went on I started dislike it more and more. This isn't rocket science, this is nothing but the mere truth and scibbiedie-doobie-doing from your side is ever going to change that.

This.

One's opinion of a series can certainly change. As one watches more and more, there in turn becomes more for one to compare a series to. The enthusiasm once felt towards a specific series can easily fade in time as it gets overshadowed by other series and such. In a similar way, inversely, one's opinion of a series can improve in time as one can later discover the intricacies missed on the initial watch.

I like how you believe comic sans bullshit excuse, while what you are saying is true, I'm sure comic sans did not rewatch the series, and changing a score of a series from 6 to 3 is really huge, and not only that, he watch the first episode of the second season and give it even a lower score than the first. What was so bad about the first episode of season 2? I wont ask because I know she is bullshit.

she hates on most of the mainstream anime especially tokyo ghoul, when I say hate, I mean hate, anything tokyo ghoul or snk related she would be the first to comment to make us know how much she hate these series.

she doesn't dislike the series, she hates it, meaning the quality of the series has little to do with it.

@Comic_Sans You are cancer, and your ugly looking profile pic fits your personality perfectly whether its a persona or not. So continue the bullshit that you are keeping up. This is also the last time I'm going to reply to you, so don't even bother replying to this.

yhunata said:
Because its fans keep overhyping it and making it to be something it's not (mature). Also, popular things tend to get a lot of hate, no matter its actual quality.

God forbid us to be hype for a series we love. Stop making "mature" seems like something that only a few series can reach. Mature is simple something that has themes that are targeted to a older audience, that is the definition of mature. snk is mature because it has mature themes, whether if its good or not is up to the person.

What you guys seem to think is that anything that is mature must be good, which isn't the case, once you stop seeing it like that, you will realise that calling a series you like mature doesn't mean shit, it can still be crap.

keragammingApr 5, 2017 9:32 PM
Apr 5, 2017 9:32 PM

May 2016
It honestly depends on how you look at anime in general. I probably don't look at snk the same way that I did when I was watching it in 2013, but I still found the first ep good

Apr 5, 2017 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
keragamming said:
yhunata said:

God forbid us to be hype for a series we love. Stop making "mature" seems like something that only a few series can reach. Mature is simple something that has themes that are targeted to a older audience, that is the definition of mature. snk is mature because it has mature themes, whether if its good or not is up to the person.

What you guys seem to think is that anything that is mature must be good, which isn't the case, once you stop seeing it like that, you will realise that calling a series you like mature doesn't mean shit, it can still be crap.

What mature themes does SnK have? Death? Politics? Trust and betrayal? Killing a bunch of nobodies doesn't mean something has death as a theme. Politics can be argued, but the politics in SnK is so generic. Fucking Naruto (of all things) had better politics and while I can understand what they were going with the trust and betrayal, it came out of nowhere and felt incoherent, forced almost.

I'm not saying fans shouldn't like what they like or be excited for a new adaption, but don't make it out to be the second coming of Jesus. Also, SnK fans were calling it mature to make it seem as if it was different from the "mainstream crap" like Naruto, One Piece, etc.. when it really isn't. That is my problem with the overhyping it got..... still, it wasn't as bad as that one guy making Mahouka out to be the best thing there ever will be.
Apr 5, 2017 10:25 PM

Sep 2016
Because it's trash.

And no, not because it's popular. I even liked One punch Man and that was "mainstream".
Apr 5, 2017 10:28 PM

Jul 2013
Mainstream series tend to be hated on quite often. Especially when the series are over-hyped, and aren't as good as people claim it to be. I myself am not a huge fan of the series, but I don't outright hate it, I just think that it's not as great as people claim it to be.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Apr 5, 2017 10:41 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
I like how you believe comic sans bullshit excuse, while what you are saying is true, I'm sure comic sans did not rewatch the series, and changing a score of a series from 6 to 3 is really huge,
No, I didn't say that I rewatched the series, I say that my feelings about it changed. Seriously, stop trying to make up strawmen.

Changing a score from 4 to 1 (like I did with Tokyo Ghoul) is just as much of a big step, yet I don't see you complaining about that. Why? Because it's not your favorite anime, therefore you don't care.

Stop trying to make it look like it's all about "muh mainstream scores" when it in fact is all about your favorite anime getting a bad score from me.
and not only that, he watch the first episode of the second season and give it even a lower score than the first. What was so bad about the first episode of season 2? I wont ask because I know she is bullshit.
The first episode consisted of characters I don't like screaming about things I don't care about and doing bullshit I don't care about and there was not enough Levi. A stupid looking gorilla was also featured. What, was I supposed to enjoy that?

This is only the first episode, so it is not fully impossible that I might raise my score to a 3 or a 4 or even higher. Why? Because it is only the first episode and it is fully possible that the anime will become better later on. I really don't see why you're so upset.
she hates on most of the mainstream anime especially tokyo ghoul, when I say hate, I mean hate, anything tokyo ghoul or snk related she would be the first to comment to make us know how much she hate these series.
Most ≠ All, so your claim about Comic_Sans hating on all les mainstream anime still doesn't hold water.

And you like most mainstream series, yet I don't go around and talk shit about you with other people, nor do I doubt your credibility because "it's unbelievable that some people have very different tastes from me!"

You're forgetting that I also proclaim my love for yaoi all the time. Why? In both cases, it is because I have freedom of speech.
she doesn't dislike the series, she hates it, meaning the quality of the series has little to do with it.
Has it ever occurred to you that I might hate it precisely BECAUSE of the quality?

But no, we can't have logic in this day and age, can we.
@Comic_Sans You are cancer, and your ugly looking profile pic fits your personality perfectly whether its a persona or not.
I could use your picture of a gay porn star as an argument, that still wouldn't make it an actual argument.
So continue the bullshit that you are keeping up. This is also the last time I'm going to reply to you, so don't even bother replying to this.
Why? Because I debunked your faulty fanboy rage slander with facts and logic and you didn't have anything in store to reply with apart from a shitty strawman and a bunch of insults?

There is no cancer going on here. Just you being bitchslapped with the truth and the facts.

As I said:
Comic_SansApr 5, 2017 10:49 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 8, 2017 4:48 PM

Nov 2008
LPGeneratorx said:
Amount of hate is directly proportional to popularity.

That's just a fact.
Essentially this.
Apr 8, 2017 5:43 PM

Apr 2016
Well it is a good anime but nothing too special and no where near to be considered a masterpiece. I think people have a strong dislike for this particular anime because they don't see why it is that popular and probably salty that this anime is more viewed than their favourite anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 8:20 PM

May 2010
Eh, at least it's not on SAO level with the hatebase, that's already something :v
Apr 9, 2017 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
is this a troll post ? this is one of the most loved, and overrated anime ever,
Apr 9, 2017 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
SolidWoIf said:
is this a troll post ? this is one of the most loved, and overrated anime ever,

You must be new to the medium. Its loved by many, but it is also hated by many. The fact that you joined this site this year, may tell that you have little experience in this medium and how others react to this series.

I'm a experience anime watcher, I have seen it all.
Apr 9, 2017 12:56 PM
Aug 2015
I watched the first episode of AoT in mid 2014 and I absolutely hated it. It was extremely over the top for my taste, since I prefer subtle things. Then a year later I continued the series from episode 2 and I finished it in one night. I've watched the first episode about 4 other times now; it got better every time.

It's indeed flawed. Too much needless monologue/dialogue, about 4 or 5 episodes in the middle completely halt the series, which was very well-paced until then. Many characters die, but most of the time you don't have any idea who they are. Then again, Game of Thrones suffers from the same problem and nobody is criticizing it for that. It's something that is bound to happen in series that feature a large cast. The main characters, with the exception of Armin, are quite underdeveloped and need a lot of work, which I doubt we're going to get.

Other than that, it's very entertaining, quite original at times and a blast to watch.
Apr 10, 2017 3:39 PM

May 2016
"Some parts of this post may be exaggerated" lol, very true in this case.

Anyways, I doubt this show has that huge of a "hatebase", since it's rated at 8.5. Now some people may feel that this score is not a good representation of the value withing the show and I completely understand them. But it's definitely not complete garbage and I think your friends don't feel that way, people usually have a tendency to exaggerate when they don't like something others like.
Apr 11, 2017 5:58 AM

May 2016
Laraso said:
People say it's popularity, but I don't recall seeing One Punch Man receive even a fraction of the hate this show receives, even though both shows made their rounds being lifted up onto a pedestal and praised as the holy messiah of anime.

Didn't watch One Punch Man, but it's listed as comedy-parody and there's usually less criticism on these types of shows since a lot of it depend on taste, unlike highly suspenseful thriller/drama or w/e... I may be wrong though, but I saw a number of haters of that show, it could be just a lower proportion of them.
Apr 14, 2017 12:32 AM

Dec 2015
Laraso said:
RedLake said:
Anyways, I doubt this show has that huge of a "hatebase", since it's rated at 8.5.

Well clearly they're in the minority, most people do like this series. I understand that part just fine. But the haters for this show are some of the loudest and most outspoken out of any series I've seen.

People say it's popularity, but I don't recall seeing One Punch Man receive even a fraction of the hate this show receives, even though both shows made their rounds being lifted up onto a pedestal and praised as the holy messiah of anime.

thats because only the cool people know both Shingeki no Kyojin and One Punch Man are complete shit.

comedy is completely subjective because its not meant to have a plot. it just depends on your taste in comedy. while Shingeki no Kyojin suffers from plot and characters. its only popular because its all shock factor
RoronoaApr 14, 2017 12:39 AM
no
Apr 14, 2017 7:10 PM

Oct 2013
Roronoa said:
Laraso said:

Well clearly they're in the minority, most people do like this series. I understand that part just fine. But the haters for this show are some of the loudest and most outspoken out of any series I've seen.

thats because only the cool people know both Shingeki no Kyojin and One Punch Man are complete shit.

comedy is completely subjective because its not meant to have a plot. it just depends on your taste in comedy. while Shingeki no Kyojin suffers from plot and characters. its only popular because its all shock factor

When you say it suffers from plot, do you mean because the 1st season didn't have much plot to it? Or the plot has alot of flaws?
Apr 14, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:
Roronoa said:

When you say it suffers from plot, do you mean because the 1st season didn't have much plot to it? Or the plot has alot of flaws?

the former. since im no manga reader i dont know if it even develops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just stating that the first season wasnt impressive in terms of plot
no
Apr 14, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2013
Roronoa said:
keragamming said:

the former. since im no manga reader i dont know if it even develops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just stating that the first season wasnt impressive in terms of plot

Ok, fair enough. The series takes it time before the plot starts rolling, just a word of advise the plot is non linear.
Apr 14, 2017 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
Because the series have a lot of users to it; who have watched it...

Apr 15, 2017 11:25 PM

Feb 2015
I just rewatched the whole thing and loved it just as much as the first time. I was expecting to come away with more criticisms than I did.
Maximum Honking
Apr 23, 2017 7:30 AM

Nov 2016
I just finished watching it. The only character I cared about was Mikasa and the expedition episodes dragged.. I liked the soundtrack and the animation. I hated the whole power thing when Eren turns into a titan. I gave it a 6/10 so it had some redeeming factors in it that keeps me from lowering it.
Apr 29, 2017 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
keragamming said:
The main 2 criticism I have seen people say about the series is that it is just mindless edgy series with little to no plot, and that the characters are either meh or bad. There is truth when they talk about the characters.

I think there is still hope for those people to see this series greatness, this season will start hinting that the plot is far, far deeper than what they initially thought. I've also seen some persons that didn't like the first season, actually stated how surprise they were on how good the first episode of s2 was.

But the main hate is because its a popular series that is loved by many, so people are naturally going to be 10x times more critical than if it was a series that no one gives too shits about.

but to answer your question, its a popular series therefore it will have a huge hatebase and a huge fanbase.

" Eren is a moronic bastard, Mikasa is too flawless, Armin is a boy, the titans don\'t have any genitals, that\'s unrealistic, cliché shounen bullshit, why does everybody say the animation and the voice acting are amazing, they aren\'t, SO MUCH OVERR8 " - that's that person's justification for it being a shit anime.... Yeah, it's just a retarded child that wants to seem cool for hating on a popular series... Doesn't surprise me
May 3, 2017 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
Nostalgik said:
"Eren is a moronic bastard, Mikasa is too flawless, Armin is a boy, the titans don\'t have any genitals, that\'s unrealistic, cliché shounen bullshit, why does everybody say the animation and the voice acting are amazing, they aren\'t, SO MUCH OVERR8 " - that's that person's justification for it being a shit anime.... Yeah, it's just a retarded child that wants to seem cool for hating on a popular series... Doesn't surprise me
I'm sorry, I don't ever remember talking to you, when did I wreck your shit?

The fact that you're using a bunch of shitpostey comments as cherrypicked proof of me having no justifications for disliking SnK and being a "a retarded child that wants to seem cool for hating on a popular series" while, much like keragamming, ignoring all of the other popular/non elitist series I've given high scores because they don't fit your little petty narrative says more about you than it says about me.

Now get out of my sight, I don't have time for this kind of bullshit.
Nico- said:
May 3, 2017 9:35 AM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Nostalgik said:
"Eren is a moronic bastard, Mikasa is too flawless, Armin is a boy, the titans don\'t have any genitals, that\'s unrealistic, cliché shounen bullshit, why does everybody say the animation and the voice acting are amazing, they aren\'t, SO MUCH OVERR8 " - that's that person's justification for it being a shit anime.... Yeah, it's just a retarded child that wants to seem cool for hating on a popular series... Doesn't surprise me
I'm sorry, I don't ever remember talking to you, when did I wreck your shit?

The fact that you're using a bunch of shitpostey comments as cherrypicked proof of me having no justifications for disliking SnK and being a "a retarded child that wants to seem cool for hating on a popular series" while, much like keragamming, ignoring all of the other popular/non elitist series I've given high scores because they don't fit your little petty narrative says more about you than it says about me.

Now get out of my sight, I don't have time for this kind of bullshit.
Alrighty, you are right about me calling you a retarded child, that was sad and just me at the heat of the moment >AS SOON< as I read your tags. However, I still think you are someone who "wants to seem 'cool' for hating on a popular series". However, I'm just sharing my opinion on it, and apologizing for insulting you. Peace \o
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.