Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jun 30, 2019 8:27 AM
Jun 2019
This episode was amazing. I'm sure you've read that earlier, and it truly is, the whole series is amazing. This was the first anime series I got into, I'm still young and so couldn't experience the whole Naruto series on live TV, so I binged watched the whole 720 episodes and finished within 3-4 months. Now, I'm watching boruto just because I'm a "loyal fan to Naruto", if that makes sense.

I'm mainly gonna focus on the bridge scene with Naruto and Iruka, which was probably the most heartwarming scene in the entire series and left a BIG smile on my face. But, have you ever thought "what if Jiraiya were still alive? Would Naruto have chosen Iruka then?". I don't mean to sound like I hate Jiraiya, nor do I mean to sound happy about jiraiya's death (actually his death was the saddest and the most infuriating death in the whole series for me) but seeing how Iruka could not heal Naruto's broken heart due to Jiraiya's death (the logic I'm trying to make here is that if Naruto's bond with Iruka was stronger than with Jiraiya, Iruka could've cheered him up, but then shikamaru wouldn't get to make his speech), Naruto would have probably chosen Jiraiya over Iruka and that could've broke Iruka's heart or dissapoint us viewers since Iruka really thought deeply about his message to Naruto and Hinata for their wedding more than anyone else (And that's probably one reason why Jiraiya had to go).

I've been thinking about this for a while and it's bothering me, but if you have an opinion on this topic, please reply, because I want to see it.
Jul 7, 2019 2:57 AM
Mar 2014
Episode 500 has finally been dubbed. Sai is the real winner.
Jul 29, 2019 3:35 AM

Jan 2018
I'm going to miss this show so much, i wouldn't mind if it had more than 500 episodes, too bad sasuke didn't attend the wedding.

10/10
Aug 29, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2018
Loved this ending, good to see Naruto's long journey and I've finally catched up to it. They all look mature now because they got older and brcause of their past journey. Sasuke still helps the village like Itachi. We got to see Naruto from weak to strong, and now after all of that he got married and become a hero who everyone respects. And yeah, Orochimaru is not getting much attention this time expect for Yamato, looks like everyone forgets about him. One thing I want for an ending is where we got to see what happen to the other characters, they focused too mich on Iruka this time. But, this is a nice ending.
EsieEyenAug 29, 2019 7:22 AM

Sep 16, 2019 3:30 AM

Mar 2015
That was a really nice last episode!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 27, 2019 12:04 AM

May 2015
Leave it to Pierrot to make the last episode feel like a filler.
It could have been done better.

So do I have to watch Boruto to see Naruto become a hokage? The whole point of Naruto's life goal was for him to become one. I thought I could see at least a couple of minutes of him accomplishing his greatest goal.
We also got 7 episodes of his friends doing goofy things and not leaving any time for the actual wedding ceremony. I'm kinda pissed.

Little Naruto was better than Naruto Shippuden. The filler and pacing killed the show. Don't get me wrong. I still love this show. But less than Bleach and One Piece.
I compare it with those 2 because they were known as the big 3 back in the day. Good ol days.

Oct 9, 2019 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic ending scene, tho I'd rather have that than the last 20 eps following the final battle of Sasuke and Naruto

I think the biggest takeaway from this series is that you can basically do anything you want.... performing human experimentation, killing people in leadership positions, etc but that's OK... because in the end, as long as you say you're sorry you can carry on like nothing happened....(looking at you Orochimaru and your random but timely appearances over the last six episode)

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 24, 2019 5:34 PM

Jun 2017
It was a nice final episode! I'm gonna miss watching this :'(
Also, the ending with all the pictures showed Shira and Yome (from the Konoha-Suna joint Chūnin Exams fillers) getting married <33
Dec 26, 2019 8:18 AM

May 2018
we just got baited. Dammit they didn't show "that" scene
Feb 4, 2020 6:42 PM
Feb 2020
It took so damn long to finish this!
Mar 25, 2020 11:32 AM

Aug 2018
Really beautiful ending, I think all the preparation episodes prior to this are kinda underrated
Apr 14, 2020 2:04 AM
Dec 2019
Damn That was long rollercoaster ride ups and downs, Happy and sad faces to be honest I never cry that much but whenever I see Iruka Sensei talking about Naruto it hit me so hard I am glad that I have experience this beautiful Anime with lot of lessons..
May 24, 2020 11:09 PM
Feb 2020
GOOD BYE NARUTO , You was amazing
Jul 21, 2020 10:04 AM

Nov 2019
Time to say Goodbye. I ended Naruto in 2020 on my Birthday 21/07. That was an amazing journey.
My favorite character is Kakashi-Sensei "Rokudaime Hokage-Sama" ♡ ♡ ♡

Jul 25, 2020 8:40 AM

Apr 2017
I spent a long time following Naruto and all his friends. It was a beautiful journey.

Even though Boruto is not getting good reviews, I won't be able to pass by this sequel indifferently <3
Jul 31, 2020 12:56 AM
Apr 2020
naruto is a 7 overall, but without fillers a solid 9/10
Jul 31, 2020 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
Wow what a nice ending. Hinata looked great as a bride, and naruto united the great nations, it was a long journey watching this show but I have finished it. What I can't believe is I actually completed the entire show I did skip a lot of fillers but still 9.5/10 without fillers easily.
Sep 25, 2020 1:36 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I feel like the last episode could have been a bit more, but how can I not at least tear up no matter what? It's been such a long time. I've loved, changed, and grown with these characters. While not everything was perfect, it's been such a life-changing ride. It's amazing to think about, but somehow I feel like if I hadn't known Naruto as a kid then I wouldn't be the person I am today, and that's so gosh darn important. At some point it was like my entire life was Naruto, and then I dropped it like a hot potato, only to pick it back up so many years later... and here we are. I began reading the manga in 2003, so that's about 16-ish years of slinging memes, weird pairings, making crack content-- wait, this doesn't sound as touching as how this paragraph started out.

Yes. Most of my time with Naruto had previously been spent pretty much appreciating the humorous side of it. While there were serious topics I connected with, my child self was more or less living through something similar to some of those topics. So while I understood and appreciated those topics, I never really shared my true feelings about any of it and I kept a facade of distancing myself from it all with humor. As an adult, I'm able to express those things now-- I'm able to enjoy the story instead of actually living it, and now I'm able to appreciate it on another level. I'm so glad I was able to come back to Naruto. For such a long time, I was just kinda smirking at it in a condescending manner and stopped watching/reading... mostly just because that was the "cool" thing to do for a while. I'm glad I stopped doing that and actually gave it another look.

Despite any flaws, it's a wonderfully enjoyable story. I had fun on this ride, fillers and all.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 30, 2020 2:03 PM
Sep 2020
Great ending to a fantastic anime.
Dec 16, 2020 1:56 AM

Dec 2014
late for the party, but this lockdown gave me the time I needed to watch such huge franchise. Enjoyed it through & through.

Dec 31, 2020 10:19 AM

Apr 2015
Just here to put a mark for my own sake that 2020 was the year in which I rewatched all of Naruto from start to finish including all the fillers. Took me about 35 days but boy am I glad that I decided to rewatch it. Now I feel like my life is complete, Dattebayo!
BiisooNov 20, 2023 6:30 AM
Jan 13, 2021 11:04 AM
Jun 2013
I wish we would have gotten to see the entire ceremony, not just the buildup, but that was a great ending.

Overall, I'm going to give Naruto a 4/10. There were a lot of 10/10 MOMENTS, but there were so many issues (pacing, flashback hell, plot inconsistencies, annoying characters, etc.) that I could not give it any higher.
Feb 20, 2021 10:22 PM
Sep 2020
It was merely ok. Wedding arc had some fun episodes and I could stare at Ino all day. Wish hokage was part of it. The last three sets felt rushed after the war and there was never any state of the union or summary afterwards. I have a no filler compilation so my main issue was the damn flashbacks which are sometimes hard to skip. Plus the war lasted so long.never watch it again but I'm glad it's another of the big shounen off my list.
Mar 10, 2021 8:21 AM

Aug 2020
Watched this episode today, and I'm so happy. It was a big ride, with its ups and downs, but a great journey nevertheless. I expected to see a timeskip with Naruto as Hokage, but I'm also glad it ended in a different a way. Konoha felt like home, and the characters were like a family, since I've been watching the story a lot in the past months. Thankfully, everything ended well.

This was one of the most important anime stories I've ever watched.

Mar 11, 2021 4:29 AM
Apr 2018
Good chill and relax ending, 5/5 episode :)))
Apr 6, 2021 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
from some reason, i find the ending little underwhelming, it's seems to me they more cared about finishing adapting the novel and finishing the arc than finishing shippuuden.
that's not gonna say though i didn't find the episode bad, it was actually very good and very directed that most of the arc revolves around iruka, and starting the ep with events from ep1 of naruto, closing the circle with iruka at the beginning and at the end, only that now naruto has all his friends, heck, the scene where naruto ask iruka attend as his father was tearful.
hinata sure is great women for naruto for understanding him, and yeah i'm talking about that last scene, i actually happy not to see naruto acting as hokage - the purpose of the series is his adventure going there, heck, the minute naruto got recognised by everyone he's hokage already, from there it was just matter of time and this wedding arc.

----

now for the series, it's kinda hard since there's a lot to talk about, and i don't want this comment to be review like, so i will summarise my opinion at explaining why the heck i scored it -

9/10
usually when i score anime, i'm not meaning round 6/7/8/9 and even 10 (there's some anime that deserves more than 10 :p), but naruto is round 9, why is that?
first i have to say that - i skipped most of the filler, when i say most, i mean i actually went and watched several filler arcs, mostly the first two, kakashi anbu arc (which i hardly considering filler) and itachi arc. (and some partially canon episodes as well).
what i got from that is probably what most people complained - too much fillers, since that i skipped them (since there's not truly motive to watch them) the story felt really flaw to me, but that didn't made naruto perfect.
without going story details, the studio is at fault for many things, first of all, the 2 first arcs - kazekage retrieval and reunion arc, was very very slow, the pace really killed me even though marathoned them.
later on, if we will forget pace issues, there's a lot of inconsistent animation quality, and let's not forget that even in some canon episodes they fluid them with tons of flashbacks.
on the other hand with production issues - there's kind of a lot of good animated episode, good paced episode, and if we will consider the fact that naruto was long run series, it's understandable for the animation not to be perfect for most of times, though there was a lot of exceptions where the animation was serious downhill. the OST was consistent for all over the series and was great in any way you want it to. the voice cast was good all the way around and we got tons of good pieces of music on the opening, while the ending had bunch of average.

the story, which kishimoto thought about of course, is another part on the equation, there were lot of good arcs:
pain invasion arc, taming kyuubi arc, sasuke and naruto arc, hidan and kazuko arc, vengeance arc, some parts of the fourth great war arc was good too - sasuke & itachi part and more. though the other arcs didn't stand out as the arcs i mentioned, they had good moments too, like sasori fight, kyuubi vs orichimaru battle, sasuke vs danzou battle, some parts of the kage summit arc and more. though it was long ride (even without fillers), when summarising the events and the arcs of shippuuden, it's actually not seems a lot, especially since paing invasion arc events leading directly toward the war arc. like every story that have downhills, shippuuden is like that, and as long run story it have quite a bit, especially during the war arc. though all downhills, kishimoto still managed to build good story here, with good characters, good villains (except kyouga maybe), good depth background story, mostly the history setting he had written that seems more important at some parts than the action, while the action had some downhills toward the end 'till naruto vs sasuke.

that's why naruto isn't perfect, especially the anime, but even though the studio had much more downhills than naruto's story had, they still managed to bring some justice to the good parts of the story, and that's says the they knew what they doing, because of that i can give naruto more than 9, but more than 9 will be insult to other anime, i'm considering even the fact that they had to use ton of fillers even when the manga reached it's end, pierrot didn't made it easy on the fans, but the good they brought it making me giving it
round 9.0000000/10.

about boruto - forget it pierrot, even when it will be finished i may consider not watching it.
User-NameApr 6, 2021 6:21 PM
Apr 21, 2021 8:33 AM
Dec 2014
I've seen 1000+ shows according to mal and Naruto stands on top for me. My GOAT anime. Thank you so much Kishimoto-Sensei for everything.
Apr 23, 2021 3:57 PM
Aug 2020
I truly can't put the feelings i have right now into words. Such an amazing series with amazing characters and a spectacular story. I'm honestly so glad i decided to start this anime. I'm gonna cut this short since like i said, it would be impossible to put these feelings into word but one thing i can definetly say is a true and deep... thank you. Thank you Masashi Kishimoto, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Last thing i wanted to say is, Rest in peace to the great director, Osamu Kobayashi.
Jul 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Jan 2020
The Iruka dad thing had me goin. smiling throughout the entire episode. man what a good series. truly the best show regardless of fillers or whatever.
Jul 24, 2021 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Based and besto shounen that have a special place in my heart. 10/10.
Aug 5, 2021 10:54 AM
May 2020
You also crying too see naruto shippuuden last episode 😢
This is my first anime because I seen naruto and I just started my anime journey....
Aug 17, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2014
I can't believe it's over, after all of the nonsense fillers, the hard times and low times, and the marriage, it's finally over! I feel like the last episode could have shown more of the wedding but I can't believe it! It was a great series. I've grown up with this series! Goodbye Naruto Shippuuden, it was a blast!
KiyoXDragonAug 17, 2021 6:53 PM
Let's keep the dream electric~!
Maloween 21' Candies: x6 x1 Bonus!
MALoween 22' Candies:
MALoween 23' Candies:
Sep 9, 2021 6:07 AM
Sep 2021
Peace be upon you, I am forgetting, and Naruto is amazing
Sep 27, 2021 9:35 PM

Jun 2019
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Ahh we finally made it :,) I'm going to miss them all so much - especially them being young ahh
Thank you Naruto Shippuuden for not only keeping me company on those lonesome late nights at 3AM and giving me something to be emotionally invested into, but reminding me of some important life messages when I needed it <3

I'll always keep this series close to my heart forever hehe

Nov 21, 2021 1:39 AM

May 2020
never has there been an anime as impactful and popular as naruto. it was an honor to be born during a time i could watch this classic
Dec 29, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2015
What a journey it has been. A road with a lot of impactfull moments and fights I'll never forget. The awesome characters we met along the way made the journey so enjoyable.

I started watching around 2018 and it is now coming to an end around december 2021. A perfect way to end this year.

Thanks for everything Naruto!
Dec 30, 2021 7:19 AM
Jan 2021
Wow, Its been a long journey, we finally get to see Naruto and Hinata wedding
I wish they showed some more about the wedding
But I really loved the episode

HINATA IS SO BEAUTIFUL IN THAT WEDDING DRESS

I REALLY LOVE THIS SERIES
Feb 12, 2022 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
The final episode of Naruto it was a really great journey for me and I love this episode I will never forget Naruto
Apr 14, 2022 12:04 PM
Sep 2020
Abdul-Ahad-12345 said:
The final episode of Naruto it was a really great journey for me and I love this episode I will never forget Naruto

Think you'd watch it again? I probably won't no matter how good it was. It was really a lot to get through.
Apr 14, 2022 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
LordAinzO0alGown said:
Abdul-Ahad-12345 said:

Think you'd watch it again? I probably won't no matter how good it was. It was really a lot to get through.

Well Naruto is one of my most favorite anime so I'll probably rewatch it but not for at least 3 years
removed-userApr 14, 2022 9:56 PM
Apr 17, 2022 11:53 AM
Jan 2021
I'm glad I have seen this series a total of three times.

To keep this brief, the journey that Naruto took from being the loser that no one ever acknowledged to becoming the hero of the Hidden Leaf and the world's savior is honestly breathtaking. There were highs, lows, and even funny moments. This is definitely an amazing series overall and it's so great seeing the buildup of the wedding within this final episode.

All going back to when Iruka first acknowledged Naruto and stood up for him against Mizuki. Without that, this series couldn't happen.

So thank you Iruka for having such an impact on the series.
May 26, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
Whew, final episode huh?

Man, I'll admit I got a bit emotional when he asked Iruka to attend the ceremony as his dad. Iruka has truly been a father figure for him.

Kinda lame that Sasuke couldn't drop by for a moment.

Hinata looks beautiful.

Our boy Naruto sure has grown huh?

Damn, that was a journey. Even though I'm not fond of this anime series and have criticised it quite a lot, this was quite a memorable ride.

I don't think I'll be starting Boruto: Naruto Next Generations anytime soon.

May 31, 2022 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
I really wish they had showed up the reception, if not the wedding itself.

Naruto asking Iruka to stand in for his father was pretty awesome though. Hinata looked very pretty in her dress, also.

I finally got closure on an anime I started and never finished in my childhood, so that was worth it. It was a pretty decent series overall.
Jun 3, 2022 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
they should make spin-off about Orochimaru what starts from events after this series
Jul 1, 2022 4:44 PM
Feb 2022
When I began watching Naruto I was told I would grow to love Sasuke. Well that must happen in the course of watching Boruto because I've finished this series and I still think he's a dork and an idiot.
Aug 12, 2022 11:03 AM
Aug 2022
great ending for such an story
Aug 15, 2022 8:36 PM
Aug 2022
Definitely my favorite for a while
Aug 20, 2022 4:22 PM
Nov 2016
Good episode, the weeding of Naruto and Hinata and the gifts of al the hidden Shinobi villages.
Aug 22, 2022 4:45 AM

Jul 2022
a very nice ending
I just wish they showed more of the wedding
and it's strange they decided not to adapt chapter 700, they might have done that in Boruto but I think it would be more fitting in Naruto

but overall I really enjoyed Naruto, a really good classic, thank you Kishimoto and Studio Pierrot
Aug 24, 2022 7:37 PM
Aug 2022
loved it worth the watch
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.