Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thought this episode was cute especially the character chemistry between sensei and Machi. Oh Hikari, why did you have to ruin the moment

The amount of focus on Hikari is interesting.

We also got Souma's debut, a character that I find peculiar yet also pretty fun to watch with his analysis about dullahans' relations to time and space. Got some good laughs from his scientific insights lol
Mar 11, 2017 7:45 AM

Jul 2014
If Im not mistaken that guy thats keeping an eye on Takahashi sensei was probably suspicious of how close he's becoming to the 3 girls, despite everything he's done, reality is he's a teacher, and those are his students, he shouldnt go studying them and hugging them despite it being their ideas, it doesnt look good, in society at least. Well anyways it was fun since the VA of that weird guy with the glasses was Natsuki Hanae right? always fun hearing him.
Mar 11, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like someone doesn't approve of the relationship between the teacher and the students.
This could be bad for the coming episodes.
My guess is that they needed some drama to end this anime with.
Mar 11, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Vice Principal be hating! D:
I think my jaw dropped when her hand slipped.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Mar 11, 2017 10:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The very end made me laugh a lot lol

This was a really sweet episode and it just goes on to further show just how precious Machi is and why she's such a great girl

I'm really happy that she has an idea on what she wants to do in life and based off of what Souma (That guy was cool and funny lol) hypothesized, it would be a really cool thing to study and research

Great episode overall but it looks like the principal might cause problems for Takahashi soon.....Also, poor Satou-sensei wants a kiss too lol (I hope she can get one before the season is over)
Mar 11, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
if what i recall from the manga is still right .. I never noticed them really uh having a character besides Himari being very suspicious of him; and he earned her trust as he did with her father and directly implication of Kyouko's parents also. So I think this is some anime only add-on for dramas sake
Mar 11, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.

Poor Satou-sensei, she's jealous. xD

Overall, a very nice Machi focused episode. Souma was a really cool guy, it was nice hearing his thoughts on the Dullahan phenomena and he was pretty amusing with his quirky speech pattern.

Favorite part of the episode was how Machi was influenced and inspired by Souma's little lecture. That was really great and it'd be awesome to see her grow up to become a researcher.

Takahashi-sensei imagining Machi with a neck was nice and a little funny. xD

Looks like this vice-principal dude might cause some issues.
Mar 11, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
Wow. Takahashi, such gentleman. To let go the box and try catching Macchi's head after that "awkward" stare before. And then, he apologize.
And that sci-fi discussion about Macchi's "neck", it feels like the spotlight for this episode. It's so exciting. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 11, 2017 10:57 AM

Nov 2014
I really hope this vice-principal won't turn into some cheap last minute drama.
Mar 11, 2017 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Souma's theory regarding Machi's particular powers was fascinating. It was also cool when Takahashi was imagining what Machi would be like if she was no longer a Dullahan.

It was nice to see Machi at the end looking forward to her future. In many ways she is the saddest character since her demi-nature is most visible.
Mar 11, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2012
I got teary eyed when Kyouko was crying :( Worried about that shady vice principal, i hope we wont get unnecessary drama, this show really doesn't need it. On the other hand, he is a teacher, and for example, in Cardcaptor Sakura, it was a huge scandal, when Sakura's dad married her mother, who was his student back then.
Mar 11, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
The last 3-4 minutes of this episode was really good :)
Mar 11, 2017 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
I love things like this where they try analyzing "magic" with science. That is why my favorite genre is science-fantasy.
Mar 11, 2017 11:55 AM
Oct 2015
Souma was a fun character, I really liked his enthusiasm with physics. Machi and Takahashi-sensei were too cute in this episode :D
Mar 11, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Sakie's jealously had me rolling lol.

Oh man I was nervious when machi dropped her head, I don't blame Takahashi for being upset, but he did step over the line slightly. Even though he was really worried about Machi she should have realized his feelings. They did that part really well.

Aww man I thought I would go this entire anime without hating someone, then enters the Vice Principal...why you gotta be a jerk bro???
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 11, 2017 12:21 PM
Feb 2017
Great Episode!

Don't Scream me D:
Working on the future things.

Mar 11, 2017 12:29 PM
Jun 2016
Seeing the image of Machi as a 'normal' girl really made me think if it would be really OK to normalise the Demis....would it be because we wanted to be less distrubed by their ''abnormal'' looks, or because we would want to help them.?

What is ''normal'?
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Mar 11, 2017 12:31 PM
Jun 2016
Nezperdian said:
We need to breed demi-chans for human experimentation and after a few years, we should be able to space travel. Imagine all the medical advance if we sacrifice a few demi-chans <3

That would be a little bit 'creepy''....and lead to eithical questions that may make one uncomfortable.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Mar 11, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
that Vice-Principal is definitely bad news, hope they don't overly dramatize the last episodes so much because of this.. I just love how light-hearted the show has been and I feel there's no need to introduce drama now just for an ending's sake.. I just hope it won't turn into another Kuma Miko..
Mar 11, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2016
Nezperdian said:
We need to breed demi-chans for human experimentation and after a few years, we should be able to space travel. Imagine all the medical advance if we sacrifice a few demi-chans <3

IIRC, that has been deemed unfeasible in universe, as demi-chan traits are not genetically inherited and therefore cannot be bred for, but I could be wrong.

On a different subject, omg this show never stops delivering. I love it.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 11, 2017 1:34 PM
Jan 2016
Nezperdian said:

Demis come from a completely random genetic mutation, it's not inherited at all. So it's not possible to breed them.
Mar 11, 2017 1:40 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That last scene with Takahashi imagining Machi as a ''normal'' girl was super good.
Mar 11, 2017 2:04 PM

Dec 2016
I think the vice principle is a bit worried about how close Takahashi is to the demi students.

Hope it doesn't lead to anything bad in the future episodes.

Very nice episode there focusing on Machi.

Even if they had a chance to become regular humans it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to stay as a demi.
Mar 11, 2017 2:16 PM

Jun 2015
The vice principal looks like trouble. I hope it's not anything major. The focus on Machi was nice. She had a good moment with Takahashi. Souma is a cool guy. Hearing his thoughts on Dullahans was nice. It was pretty amusing. It's awesome Machi was inspired on what he said. Takahashi imagining with a neck was funny and sweet.
Mar 11, 2017 2:36 PM

Nov 2015
Machi got jealous and wanted the kiss how cute.

Mar 11, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2015
Pretty much a Kyouko episode, which was nice. Although, that vice-principal smells like trouble....

Mar 11, 2017 3:48 PM

Mar 2014
I love when they tried to explain Dullahan's neck with some SCIENCE! :D

aaw two episodes left, looking forward for them.
Mar 11, 2017 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
I really hope the vice-principal doesn't cause drama in the next episodes. The series is fine without some sappy twist at the end.

Didn't expected they throwing science to explain Macchi's connection to her body, but it was interesting.
The scene with Takahashi-sensei imagining Macchi as a normal human being was sweet, but much more the fact he accepts her as it is.
Mar 11, 2017 3:59 PM

Jul 2016
yeah bitch, SCIENCE!!! Loved the focus on Machi. Also, Sakie's jealousy had me rolling. Hikari keeps producing the meme faces as usual.

while it was really nice, am I the only one that thought Machi looked weird normal?
damn, the forums these days...
Mar 11, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
They did well to adapt Machi's college visit. Despite how technical they tried to make Souma sound, a lot of his explanations were pretty much riff raff with no basis. The wormhole theory and all his speculation regarding the mysteries of the Dullahan were all pure hypothesis'. What was great about it was that it inspired the ever-studious Machi to consider pursuing a career in this field, which is great character development if you ask me.

Looking forward to what happens next. I sense they inserted the vice principal purely for drama purposes, though next week's preview doesn't seem to indicate him having much impact in it.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 11, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
9jaotaku3S said:
Seeing the image of Machi as a 'normal' girl really made me think if it would be really OK to normalise the Demis....would it be because we wanted to be less distrubed by their ''abnormal'' looks, or because we would want to help them.?

What is ''normal'?

This what normal is
Mar 11, 2017 7:43 PM

May 2009
Space travel and superpowers possible! Next season, Demi-chan wa Avengers!
Mar 11, 2017 10:04 PM

Oct 2012
I've got a feeling the Vice Principal will voice his concerns next ep regarding Takahashi's relationship with the demis, potentially causing some bad effects on Takahashi's standing in society or threatening him in some way, and that the last 2 eps will focus on the demis trying to help him, hence "Demi-chan wants to support."
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 11, 2017 10:34 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like the Vice Principle will be here to cause some drama before the show ends, they've done a pretty decent job with the adaptation so far but I don't recall him ever appearing in the manga.
Mar 12, 2017 12:22 AM

Mar 2009
First-half was truly wonderful. Second-half destroyed my brain, but I enjoyed the final segment.
Mar 12, 2017 12:42 AM
Dec 2013
I was actually really hoping to see what Machi would look like if she wasn't a dullahan, so it was really touching to see them actually draw it.
Mar 12, 2017 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Takahashi was right to yell at Kyouko for that, so for him to be made to apologise and say he was wrong was dumb. Other than that, looks like the show's gonna use the Vice Principal to finally call out Takahashi on how overly-close he has come to the demis, cos that is something I think has been rather worrying as well, as far as student-teacher boundaries are concerned.
Mar 12, 2017 1:36 AM

Aug 2016
gust11 said:
I've got a feeling the Vice Principal will voice his concerns next ep regarding Takahashi's relationship with the demis, potentially causing some bad effects on Takahashi's standing in society or threatening him in some way, and that the last 2 eps will focus on the demis trying to help him, hence "Demi-chan wants to support."

After scouting the Crunchyroll comments a bit, the consensus is that, at least in regards to the manga, the vice principal doesn't appear to be a threat. His presence in the text is very minute, and the series has supposedly caught up, meaning the next episode is new content. Take from that what you will, but I'm not sure the last two episodes are going to be wasted on anime-exclusive drama like that. It would be very disappointing for an otherwise stellar series, imo. If anything, there might be one scene of conversation between the two where everything is swiftly resolved.

That being said, it's still worrisome. The distrust from the VP was heavily telegraphed, and I can't imagine it was thrown in there to not be fleshed out later on. You also make a good point in regards to the episode's name, and the previews are lackluster as always. Support, however, is a bit flexible in regards to whom is receiving it.

If there's anyone more knowledgeable of the manga that can refute what I've said, by all means. I think we're in the clear though.
ValenthyneMar 12, 2017 1:39 AM
Mar 12, 2017 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
I also thought at first that there's a space-time continuum on Machi...

The vice president's rather suspicious...
Mar 12, 2017 6:28 AM

Nov 2012
Nooo I keep worrying whats gonna happen with the vp acting like that, is Takahashi gonna get fired?! the next episode preview "want to support" with Hikari and Takahashi gazing to the sunset makes me worried.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 12, 2017 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
jesus woman it's your fault so don't cry just because he scolded you
Mar 12, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2008
dr4chen said:
gust11 said:

After scouting the Crunchyroll comments a bit, the consensus is that, at least in regards to the manga, the vice principal doesn't appear to be a threat. His presence in the text is very minute, and the series has supposedly caught up, meaning the next episode is new content. Take from that what you will, but I'm not sure the last two episodes are going to be wasted on anime-exclusive drama like that. It would be very disappointing for an otherwise stellar series, imo. If anything, there might be one scene of conversation between the two where everything is swiftly resolved.

That being said, it's still worrisome. The distrust from the VP was heavily telegraphed, and I can't imagine it was thrown in there to not be fleshed out later on. You also make a good point in regards to the episode's name, and the previews are lackluster as always. Support, however, is a bit flexible in regards to whom is receiving it.

If there's anyone more knowledgeable of the manga that can refute what I've said, by all means. I think we're in the clear though.

the only thing I can say is the chapters involving souma .. there is no VP not once he makes no appearance nor a mention. you can find 1 text mention of him on Chapter 21 which is the Kyouko wanted to kiss chapter lol - and the big mention is more or less ' damn VP making me carry the heavy stuff' thats it so far (ENG Translation anyway) So perhaps were headed into some Anime only territory? I wouldn't know for sure.
sirwenceMar 12, 2017 7:40 AM
Mar 12, 2017 7:25 AM

May 2010
I love their laughter moments. Demi-chan is a blessing.

"E-ehehe. Ehehe. Ahaha. Ahaha..."

I don't understand any episode of this can get any less ratings than 60-70% but okay.

Wow Machi realized her dream. Great. That scene with her as a normal human, brilliant direction.
Mar 12, 2017 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
The fact that it was set aside for a little fun in favor of in-depth knowledge of Machi and his condition dullahan, it is acceptable for me. The narrative rhythm is slow, but they are still not satisfied with how it's going to the anime series.
Sakie is always fun.
Mar 12, 2017 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
Uuuuuuggggggghhhh! Best girl Satou-sensei only got a few seconds of screen time (apart from OP and ED, of course) Oh, god. Why?
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Mar 12, 2017 12:41 PM

Oct 2008
From the next episode preview, it will cover chapters 29 and 30, maybe also doing chapter 28. The weird thing about it is that chapter 29-30 would be a good point to end the season, and by doing them as episode 11 then the very last episode may end up being...

But then those chapters are from December and January magazine issues, so likely released too late to be incorporated on the anime.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Mar 12, 2017 1:44 PM

Oct 2012
dr4chen said:

I'm relieved to see that, I also hope the anime doesn't take the route I've mentioned, that's just the feeling I got based on similar shows and events. I would also be disappointed if it took two eps to develop some shoehorned drama, as I really enjoy how it is now. I hope that if drama is included, it's restricted to only one ep at the longest.

And yeah, the very clear implications of the VP's disapproval was what worried me, I also think that it'd be weird to not do something with it considering how they spent a moment to focus in on that. My take on it may not be true, though I do feel the support will be directed at Takahashi, but we'll have to wait until next ep to find out.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 12, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2014
Loved how Satou-sensei choked on and blurted out her coffee out of shock and envy.

Slightly worried at the thought of a stoic professor wanting to look down a girl's wormhole.

-Stray said:
If Im not mistaken that guy thats keeping an eye on Takahashi sensei was probably suspicious of how close he's becoming to the 3 girls, despite everything he's done, reality is he's a teacher, and those are his students, he shouldnt go studying them and hugging them despite it being their ideas, it doesnt look good, in society at least.

There exists an easy solution to that:

Mormegil said:
First-half was truly wonderful. Second-half destroyed my brain, but I enjoyed the final segment.

That was some proper quantum physics right there. A bit odd really, how far they took it, without actually digging in to it any deep, or even taking the time to elaborate.

Those electron schematics were excellent, but without at least some basic pre-knowledge on the subject, they probably make little sense.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 12, 2017 4:43 PM

Jul 2014
Laionidas said:

-Stray said:
If Im not mistaken that guy thats keeping an eye on Takahashi sensei was probably suspicious of how close he's becoming to the 3 girls, despite everything he's done, reality is he's a teacher, and those are his students, he shouldnt go studying them and hugging them despite it being their ideas, it doesnt look good, in society at least.

There exists an easy solution to that:

This man knows what to do, true there mate, problem is Takahashi's control over his lust is something else.
Mar 12, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
Very interesting episode, love that physics explanation, that dude is a boss.
At least now Machi knows her body. At least partially xD
Hikari face is the best face :D
Watching Machi with a normal head was kinda weird xD

Oh boy...next episode :/ I already can see that Takahashi-sensei got fired by that guy that was keeping an eye on him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.