Forum Settings
Forums

'Eden no Ori' and 'Gokukoku no Brynhildr' Authors to Each Launch New Manga Series

New
Mar 6, 2017 2:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The 14th issue of this year's Weekly Young Magazine announced on Monday that manga authors Yoshinobu Yamada (Eden no Ori) and Lynn Okamoto (Elfen Lied, Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will both begin new manga series.

Yamada's Satanophany manga will begin in the 15th issue of the magazine on March 13, and Okamoto's Parallel Paradise manga will launch in the 16th issue on March 18. The first chapter of Parallel Paradise will consist of a colored cover and 40 pages. The issue also revealed an illustration drawn by Okamoto (pictured) featuring the two protagonists.

Yamada is known for his Eden no Ori (Cage of Eden) manga, which ran in Weekly Shounen Magazine from November 2008 to January 2013. Kodansha Comics began publishing the manga in English in August 2011 and will release the final volume on May 16. His most recent Deathtopia manga was serialized in bi-weekly magazine Evening between April 2014 and December 2016. Kodansha Comics began digital publication of the mgna in English in January 2017.

Okamoto debuted with his first major title Elfen Lied in Weekly Young Jump in June 2002 and concluded it in August 2005. His most recent work Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Brynhildr in the Darkness) ran in the same magazine between January 2012 and March 2016. Both manga received television anime adaptations in Summer 2006 and Spring 2014, respectively.

Okamoto is currently penning the story for Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou manga, which debuted in Miracle Jump in August 2012 and subsequently moved to Weekly Young Jump in November 2013. As of 2015, the series has been serialized on an irregular basis.

Source: Comic Natalie

Parallel Paradise & Satanophany on MAL
VindstotAug 23, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 6, 2017 2:23 PM

Dec 2015
I loved Eden no Ori so I'm looking forward to Yamada-sensei's new work!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 6, 2017 2:48 PM

Jul 2010
I never finished Cage of Eden but it always have a special place in my heart.
Mar 6, 2017 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
I'll keep an eye mostly on the Gokukoku no Brynhildr's new work, considering I found Brynhildr's manga to be quite mediocre but it was enjoyable for what it was. But I'm quite curious where he will take his new manga. Never checked the other guy's work but it should be interesting with this series though.
Mar 6, 2017 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
Asuna-chan with traffic-cone tits and swimsuit camel-toe armor.

Can't wait for more boring harem garbage with a "gritty and mature twist" (tasteless violence).
Mar 6, 2017 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
Good news BUT I am really hoping for a Gokukoku no Brynhildr season 2 as I believe the manga has ended so I need the ending of the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2017 5:17 PM

Mar 2015
wait, how about deathtopia (by eden no ori author) and kimi wa midara boku no jou (by Brynhildr author with kuzu no honkai art)?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 6, 2017 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Funny thing is, I've been re-reading Elfen Lied recently and this news came up. Really hope Lynn Okamoto can step it up with his work in this next manga. Gokukoku no Brynhildr has been a pretty mixed bag for me.
Mar 6, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2015
Red_Keys said:

Can't wait for more boring harem garbage with a "gritty and mature twist" (tasteless violence).

You're probably overreacting, as always.

Mar 6, 2017 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
Kittens-kun said:
Red_Keys said:

Writing words on an internet forum about a manga I won't read. Huge overreaction.

Also, describing an image that's literally right there in front of you and commenting on the author's previous work is in no way an overreaction to anything. It's more like a loose prediction.
Mar 6, 2017 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
I saw Eden no Ori in the news and thought it was finally gonna get an adaptation. That's disappointing.
Mar 6, 2017 11:15 PM

Jul 2015
Syrup- said:
I saw Eden no Ori in the news and thought it was finally gonna get an adaptation. That's disappointing.

I was hoping for Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Elfen Lied reboot. :/
Guess, not yet.

Mar 7, 2017 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
Uh oh. Edge Lied and Brynhildr author. Now that's one giant warning sign telling the viewer to stay away if I saw one. Never touching his next work ever.

I think I did read cage of eden but frankly can't remember that much of plot beyond the basic setting, some decent monster designs, some random fanservice and an absolute trainwreck of the ending. So yet again not really promising.
Mar 7, 2017 1:56 AM

May 2014
A fan of Elfen Lied but not much else.
Liking the girl tho. So lets see what he is bringing to the table.
Mar 7, 2017 3:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Red_Keys said:
Kittens-kun said:

Writing words on an internet forum about a manga I won't read. Huge overreaction.

Also, describing an image that's literally right there in front of you and commenting on the author's previous work is in no way an overreaction to anything. It's more like a loose prediction.

I would say that is a valid opinion, I can see your point.

I m not expecting much from Lynn, like you suggested it looks too generic, Elfen Lied was a very powerfull read, Gokukoku no Brynhildr is a very interesting read, but sometimes it feels without proper direction, and I m not liking whereas the plot is going towards with the latter chapters of the manga, and some people that got acess to the raws arent saying anything positive about the ending.
I would be more hyped if he gave more focus to Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou.

elementkg said:

What she bringing to the table? A big sword to decapitate the MC, and actually goes on and does it, that would be a twist for sure~~
Mar 7, 2017 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
YAS!!! Something I can look forward to now!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 7, 2017 7:33 AM

Sep 2013
Okamoto needs to go more violent, that's what brynhildr needed.
Mar 7, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2014
Playcool said:

elementkg said:

What she bringing to the table? A big sword to decapitate the MC, and actually goes on and does it, that would be a twist for sure~~

Oh no.. Nothing that cool or insane like that would happen. Not school days. The sword I bet would be for show and rarely ever use it instead of for like 2 or 3 fights.
Mar 7, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2015
Red_Keys said:
Kittens-kun said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Mar 7, 2017 4:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
elementkg said:
Playcool said:

Oh no.. Nothing that cool or insane like that would happen. Not school days. The sword I bet would be for show and rarely ever use it instead of for like 2 or 3 fights.

Foresee the male using it more than her.
Feb 27, 5:11 AM
Feb 2020
Why do they look suspiciously like Kirito and Asuka?

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
14 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

5 by Maumuu »»
17 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.