Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2017 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, we got a little bit of flashback and background storytelling of Rin and Yukio this episode. I feel like it's kinda nostalgic again to revisit their story even if it was just a small part. Yukio also express more of his feelings about himself. Intense stuff.

I think this adapted chapter 29-30 pretty well. We also got Bon trying to prove to himself that he can handle his responsibility. Shimei is also trying to prove that she's not weak.

Nice soundtrack used this episode. I think the OST of this season is good as the first season's.

Mar 3, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad. He's calm, but the enemy is still strong.

Main guy still cannot took sword out. It's not nice to call people "hime" (lol)

Tsundere girl getting captured from not concentrating. That plant stuff finally appeared.

The spread is too fast.

For his survival, he released his blue eyes. Some of the exorcist group came to the rescue.

26:25 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2017 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
Those eyes were cool, but he didn't produce any flame.
Mar 3, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was relatively slow, I expected more action... With the spore exploding it looks like it's gonna be tough if Rin can't unsheathe his sword in time.

Those eyes, Yukio has inherited something from Satan after all.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2017 11:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeah, S1 definitely tried to rip off of this arc with the Yukio anime original stuff lol

Either way, seeing that he did get something from Satan (Man what is with shounen manga and special eyes xD) made me very happy and I hope that we can get an explanation behind what this means and what it does

Everything else was just non-stop action and intensity and I loved every bit of it
Mar 3, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
It was a nice episode. However, just like the start ... It's going at a slow pace. I'm always hoping for more but I shouldn't expect anything crazy either.
I'm glad we are getting more interaction with everyone. I was wondering: Yukio's blue eyes are they in the manga or not? It makes me want to start reading but I'm iffy (especially with what they've done in S1).

Watching anime & part-time bored on the side.
Mar 3, 2017 12:31 PM

Jan 2015
Whaaaaat, Yukio has blue eyes? What does this mean
Mar 3, 2017 1:20 PM
Aug 2014
Tsie said:

I'm glad we are getting more interaction with everyone. I was wondering: Yukio's blue eyes are they in the manga or not? It makes me want to start reading but I'm iffy (especially with what they've done in S1).

There have only been minor changes from the manga to the anime this time around, (the only one that springs to mind is Kinzou welcoming them to Kyoto instead of some randomer in the manga)

The manga is definitely worth reading, without spoiling too much i can say that anything done with or around Yukio and the blue eyes is 1000000x better than S1 and the entire thing is done at a better pace
Also, after a couple of mini arcs, the manga heads to a fantastic one and the ball just keeps rolling from there
Mar 3, 2017 1:34 PM

May 2016
Great episode

+ I fanboyed when they played that track from S1 when Yukio was summoning those Demons
Mar 3, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Loved Yukio's summoning trap in the beginning, sadly it didn't work out. :(
No matter what he says and thinks, deep down Renzou simply can't leave his friends alone. So no matter what he says, I trust him to do the right thing. XD

It was nice seeing Nii-chan finally back, happy that Shiemi and her familiar finally reunited. He's grown literally. :3

Rin is still having trouble drawing that sword of his, come on Rin!
Yukio's whole Blue-Satan eye thing is really interesting, maybe he has some untapped power after all. I'm looking forward to the revelations regarding this, whenever that is. xD OST was super awesome as well.

Tokoya said:
Either way, seeing that he did get something from Satan (Man what is with shounen manga and special eyes xD) made me very happy and I hope that we can get an explanation behind what this means and what it does

Ocular powers are always cool. XD
Mar 3, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, gotta love dat Sawano music. And Yukio's eyes look much better in the anime version than they did in the manga. Having actual color helps a lot.
Mar 3, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
Not bad but the weakest episode so far in my opinion
Mar 3, 2017 2:32 PM

May 2015
Weed Girl get her major weed again.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2017 2:58 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit so Yukio has satan's blue power too and its in his eyes
Mar 3, 2017 3:00 PM
May 2016
xiReFlexX said:
Great episode

+ I fanboyed when they played that track from S1 when Yukio was summoning those Demons

Yeah I love Me and Creed, I can even accept the cringy english.
Mar 3, 2017 3:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, great last minutes of the episode. Shiemi and Nee-chan were the best part. Really got me. This is going full force now.

Yukio's eyes WTF! What happened there?! They were brilliantly animated.

Renzo has a difficult past, he feels like he doesn't belong and he can't carry.

Near perfect adaptation, yet people call it slow. I can't.
Mar 3, 2017 3:54 PM

Jul 2015
Episodes fly away. Rin still can't take his sword out :c , Give me the last episodes now
Mar 3, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2016
I've been waiting SO long to see this moment with Yukio's eyes! I loved it! Though still waiting for more to be revealed on his eyes Kazue!
Mar 3, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2015
That ending with those eyes really surprised me for a moment, omg.

Mar 3, 2017 5:01 PM

Sep 2016
Damn, too much stuff going on in this episode.. Overall, It was decent but yukio has blue eyes that doesn't belong to him?? that really surprised me.
Rin really needs to draw out his sword btw
SenpieXMar 4, 2017 10:04 AM
Mar 3, 2017 6:01 PM

Nov 2011
It's ironic how there was a lot going on involving all the main cast simultaneously but it still manages to be slow
Mar 3, 2017 6:37 PM

Nov 2015
Too much going. I thought Yukio will produce flames.

Mar 3, 2017 7:10 PM

Mar 2014
The scene for Yukio's eye awakening was so amazing! Used the epic OST from last season to perfectly set the moment.

Those 101 Kawaii Kitsunes were so adorable~

They're probably pacing these episodes a little slower because as soon as Rin draws his sword, it's all over xD
Mar 3, 2017 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
Oh wow, Yukio got a power up. Looks like Rin wasn't the only one who inherited something from Satan.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 3, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
So much stuff was happening this episode! Really great stuff.

Tsundere princess Bon was priceless!

Loved Yukio in this episode. It's sad that he never really stood much of a chance against Todo. Those eyes looked great!
Mar 3, 2017 10:54 PM
Apr 2010
this fight is approaching DBZ levels of stretching, it may have been a few years so its possible that time has left me remembering this series more fondly than i should but god damn its taking years to get anywhere. If something doesnt actually happen next episode i think imma drop this
Mar 3, 2017 11:18 PM

Jul 2012
CAN WE PLEASE GET TO the BLUE FLAMES BURNING EVERYTHING PART.

I'm bored of seeing Rin hitting with a sheathed sword. Well, atleast Yukio's eye going blue and Suguro's barrier were kinda interesting.

Damn_Animal said:
this fight is approaching DBZ levels of stretching, it may have been a few years so its possible that time has left me remembering this series more fondly than i should but god damn its taking years to get anywhere. If something doesnt actually happen next episode i think imma drop this

This this this.
ShadzzoMar 3, 2017 11:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2017 11:18 PM

Oct 2011
Yukio has blue eyes omg
Wonder if it allows him to see certain things?
Mar 3, 2017 11:19 PM

Jan 2008
Damn_Animal said:

Not sure why you haven't already. Its been mentioned by various others that this arc is not heavy on action and focuses more so characterization and growth of the entire cast, as in Rin and his friends.

And not sure if we're watching the same thing or your definition of "something happening" is flawed. Though judging by that statement, since what's 'currently happening' isn't considered 'something actually happening' in your eyes, what will happen in the end will most likely disappoint you.
Mar 3, 2017 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
As good as all this is, it really does feel like they're doing everything possible to try and drag the arc out. Still, the thing with Yukio's eyes was interesting, at least.
Mar 4, 2017 12:54 AM
Feb 2017
First of all Yukio had blue eyes. That scene was incredibly cool. Everything is blue. That's what rin experience a lot...

And of course there is the statement "Those eyes do not belong to you" . Maybe it is somehow connected to why rin can't unsheathe his sword. Yukio looks good in blue eyes.

Sound track was good
Mar 4, 2017 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
OMG Yukio is also a demon, I was not expecting that. Great revelation, I am happy that he didn't fall in Todo's trap.
Rin and Bon are funny :D
Mar 4, 2017 4:25 AM
Jan 2016
Yukio has blue eyes, I need to see more I can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 4, 2017 6:32 AM

Aug 2016
The ending wasnt really nice

Set by SenpieX
Mar 4, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
Damm dude this episode was full of feels.
Mar 4, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2016
hmmm really nice episode
btw i dont really think they drag this arc out lol, as far as i remember its exactly like the manga
if you watch shounen only for the action then you should probably completely drop this anime, since the next arcs are also heavy in development
it has good action, but you focus more on character development.. because you dont like it, thats why you think it has close to zero action
but whatever, good episode as usual
ding dong ur wrong
Mar 4, 2017 9:13 AM
Apr 2010
Paul said:
Damn_Animal said:

Not sure why you haven't already. Its been mentioned by various others that this arc is not heavy on action and focuses more so characterization and growth of the entire cast, as in Rin and his friends.

And not sure if we're watching the same thing or your definition of "something happening" is flawed. Though judging by that statement, since what's 'currently happening' isn't considered 'something actually happening' in your eyes, what will happen in the end will most likely disappoint you.

development is fine but at this point it feels like its being stretched out to fill episodes. This ep started out well looked like we would finally get some fighting and Rin would draw the sword just for it to be dragged out for another ep. Like i said its been awhile since last season so i may need to rewatch it to confirm this but i felt like last season we had development of characters but it was accompanied by more action that wasnt dragged out.
Mar 4, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
A good episode with great character development.

Neaz said:
hmmm really nice episode
btw i dont really think they drag this arc out lol, as far as i remember its exactly like the manga
if you watch shounen only for the action then you should probably completely drop this anime, since the next arcs are also heavy in development
it has good action, but you focus more on character development.. because you dont like it, thats why you think it has close to zero action
but whatever, good episode as usual

👍

Good fights are always made better with a good backstory.

Mar 4, 2017 10:01 AM

Mar 2014
Umm.. There was in Inserted Song in this episode... And it was WAY too familiar.
Can someone please help me find te origins of this song?
Mar 4, 2017 10:45 AM
Nov 2013
Usopp8000 said:
Umm.. There was in Inserted Song in this episode... And it was WAY too familiar.
Can someone please help me find te origins of this song?

Ditto can someone find the song name in this episode? It was really good i want it!
Mar 4, 2017 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
@Usopp8000 @swordman009 The insert song was called "Me and Creed"
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 4, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Shiemi sumoning nin
, Never thought about this till this episode, it's possible that yukio and rin share their power between them and yukio at least have controll over rin power, Look at this rin was not able to use satan flame till yukion eyes became blue, and before that yukio was depressed and did not wanted rin to use power so he was not able to do so, and that comment about eyes . Tail and horns are in rin body eyes are in yukio?
wex89Mar 4, 2017 11:51 AM
Mar 4, 2017 11:45 AM
Mar 2016
Man, watta step backwards, I mean Yukio is already reveled to be a demon like Rin so wtf is the fuzz about his eyes turning blue?

C'mon sword draw.
Mar 4, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
Whoahoho said:
Man, watta step backwards, I mean Yukio is already reveled to be a demon like Rin so wtf is the fuzz about his eyes turning blue?

C'mon sword draw.

I read manga was expecting this to happen from start but this chapter answered many questions what's happening now in manga in some ways.
Mar 4, 2017 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
Kinda slow pace episode. More flashbacks of Yukio and some flashback of Shima. Nice insert song.
Mar 4, 2017 2:00 PM

Oct 2013
This episode did seem quite slow for some reason. Yukio's blue eyes were bomb.
Mar 4, 2017 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
Whoahoho said:
Yukio is already reveled to be a demon like Rin so wtf is the fuzz about his eyes turning blue?

are you talking about the anime original ending on season 1? because that is not part of the manga story

this season 2 is following the manga closely i heard so in the manga this is the first time that Yukio was confirmed to be half-demon
Mar 4, 2017 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
The bit with Yukio's eyes was shocking. Toudou said those wasn't his eyes, so either he and Rin share the same power or the story is directing towards something similar to the filler route of the previous anime with Yukio being the vessel of Satan.

The scene with Shima giving up on everything and trying to escape was very ominous. I know he decided to come to aid Konekomaru, but that reaction seemed very OOC for someone who was portrayed as a comic relief character until that moment. Maybe he is more of what he seems?

Wonder how the next episode will be now that the Impure King has exploded and Juuzo is going to fight against Toudou.
Mar 4, 2017 5:17 PM

Jul 2016
Todo for sure wants to eat Yukio now.
Mar 5, 2017 2:10 AM

Jun 2013
that was good and Yukio has blue eyes now
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2017

75 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.