Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2017 3:52 AM
Mar 2016
SweetKotomi said:
Well Himekawa has gone crazy, literally.

1st half was alright, just plain settling down before the build up. Drama with Sora, which was ok I guess.
2nd half was alright as well. Thought the scene where Salamon jumps in to attack was funny, then the whole group quickly runs.
What I didn't like was the excessive amount of evolving towards the final part of the episode. I can understand Patamon and Biyomon but I thought Tentamons was unnecessary since we've already seen his Ultimate form. Seems like the Machinedramon and Seadramon thing were diversions so that Gennai can get to Mei. And that Gennai guy is creepy. Going to look up who he is since I forgot who Gennai is. He sounds familiar.

Overall the movie was ok, indeed the weakest and less appealing.
Gennai is the old man who helped the chosen back in season 1, and then regained his youth in season 2
Mar 4, 2017 7:14 AM
Apr 2013
even after fucking 4 parts it still makes no sense at all, and on the other side, Appmon is getting better in every episodes. Oh well, let Tri become a mere cash cow for nostalgia-blinded adv fags and let the serious one enjoy Appmon more bcos it has some interesting theories that can be expanded and explained better in around 50 episodes, unlike Tri.
Mar 4, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2014
DATS24 said:
even after fucking 4 parts it still makes no sense at all, and on the other side, Appmon is getting better in every episodes. Oh well, let Tri become a mere cash cow for nostalgia-blinded adv fags and let the serious one enjoy Appmon more bcos it has some interesting theories that can be expanded and explained better in around 50 episodes, unlike Tri.

feeling glad to have an appmon fan here too..but I guess there were suppose t me six episode ...maybe it will sense in the end....I hope
Mar 4, 2017 7:37 AM
Apr 2013
ibraheem234 said:

feeling glad to have an appmon fan here too..but I guess there were suppose t me six episode ...maybe it will sense in the end....I hope

yeah, though I still kinda disappointed about earlier appmon episodes which seems forcibly taking character building or development fitting into just one episode so many scenes were still quite rushed. But then starting from eps 21 then 22 and next week 23 they seem slowly getting rid of the episodic plot structure into continuous standard one.

I still have higher hope for appmon bcos there's 30 more room episodes for them to make the plot, world building, and character development better. When Tri, it's just 2 parts left (less than 10 episodes) and there's still so many WTF in the series that's rather unexplained for nothing.
Mar 4, 2017 2:32 PM

Oct 2016
overlordpringerx said:
no, that's not logic. That's just a very simplistic mindset. Not only is that not how Digimon works, but it also isn't how real life works. If it was, then black widows wouldn't be able to kill us. Defense only protects you from physical damage. Puppy howl is a magic soundwave that has a paralyzing effect similar to Chao tzu's telekinesis in Dragon Ball. And I love how you think that raw power is all that matters in Digimon when I provided clear examples of the contrary. If it was something like Wormmon using sticky net, that would have actually been a valid complaint, since that is just a very sticky web with no hax abilities, but puppy howl is a hax magic scream, which is why it's not necessarily bound by physical laws.

In real life? Where have you seen people shooting spiraling fire and lightnings in real life? Are you serious?

Spider venom is one thing, a howl is another. Digimons are made by data, not by cells. It seems to me that you've have forgotten Digimon Adventure 01 and 02. You're acting like you have. This is not Yu-gi-oh where all it takes for most higher level monsters is the right magic/trap/effect. What you said doesn't factor in in Digimon Adventure. And stop with this Chao Tzu. It takes one flick on the forehead by Beerus to send him into oblivion. Actually not even that. He just have to say "Hakai" and he's done for.
Mar 4, 2017 2:43 PM
Feb 2017
LockSpeedster said:
overlordpringerx said:
no, that's not logic. That's just a very simplistic mindset. Not only is that not how Digimon works, but it also isn't how real life works. If it was, then black widows wouldn't be able to kill us. Defense only protects you from physical damage. Puppy howl is a magic soundwave that has a paralyzing effect similar to Chao tzu's telekinesis in Dragon Ball. And I love how you think that raw power is all that matters in Digimon when I provided clear examples of the contrary. If it was something like Wormmon using sticky net, that would have actually been a valid complaint, since that is just a very sticky web with no hax abilities, but puppy howl is a hax magic scream, which is why it's not necessarily bound by physical laws.

In real life? Where have you seen people shooting spiraling fire and lightnings in real life? Are you serious?

Spider venom is one thing, a howl is another. Digimons are made by data, not by cells. It seems to me that you've have forgotten Digimon Adventure 01 and 02. You're acting like you have. This is not Yu-gi-oh where all it takes for most higher level monsters is the right magic/trap/effect. What you said doesn't factor in in Digimon Adventure. And stop with this Chao Tzu. It takes one flick on the forehead by Beerus to send him into oblivion. Actually not even that. He just have to say "Hakai" and he's done for.
yeah, seems to me like it was you who forgot that neither Adventure nor 02 established a rule that made Mega Digimon immune to hax abilities. At all. In fact, you know the black gears used by Devimon to control perfect-level Digimon? Those belong to Hagurumon, and just one of them was enough to corrupt Andromon and Monzaemon. Yeah, special abilities totally don't matter. About Beerus and Chao Tzu, yes, it would take Beerus only a blink to obliterate him, but that doesn't mean that he would have any kind of resistance against Chao Tzu's telekinesis.
Mar 4, 2017 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
overlordpringerx said:
LockSpeedster said:

yeah, seems to me like it was you who forgot that neither Adventure nor 02 established a rule that made Mega Digimon immune to hax abilities. At all. In fact, you know the black gears used by Devimon to control perfect-level Digimon? Those belong to Hagurumon, and just one of them was enough to corrupt Andromon and Monzaemon. Yeah, special abilities totally don't matter. About Beerus and Chao Tzu, yes, it would take Beerus only a blink to obliterate him, but that doesn't mean that he would have any kind of resistance against Chao Tzu's telekinesis.

I like how your whole argument here relies on rules that you made up yourself just to justify some of the bad writing in these movies.
Mar 4, 2017 3:31 PM
Feb 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
overlordpringerx said:

I like how your whole argument here relies on rules that you made up yourself just to justify some of the bad writing in these movies.
I like how you guys just ignore official lore, the fact that brute strength isnt everything and ignore that I only defended the Plotmon scene because it makes sense, while I openly admitted that other scenes like the part where Gabumon stops Machinedramon's attack was horseshit and the pacing was lackluster. I will admit, I enjoy these movies, but that doesn't mean I will ignore it's flaws, like the terrible way the 02 kids-thing is being handled, or how terribly short and anticlimactic most fight scenes are, especially this last one with Machinedramon which I have criticized on several forums for how shoehorned in Seraphimon was and how it padded itself out with 9 evolution sequences. Just because I disagree with some people about certain scenes doesn't mean I will just defend everything.
Mar 4, 2017 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
overlordpringerx said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

I like how you guys just ignore official lore, the fact that brute strength isnt everything and ignore that I only defended the Plotmon scene because it makes sense, while I openly admitted that other scenes like the part where Gabumon stops Machinedramon's attack was horseshit and the pacing was lackluster. I will admit, I enjoy these movies, but that doesn't mean I will ignore it's flaws, like the terrible way the 02 kids-thing is being handled, or how terribly short and anticlimactic most fight scenes are, especially this last one with Machinedramon which I have criticized on several forums for how shoehorned in Seraphimon was and how it padded itself out with 9 evolution sequences. Just because I disagree with some people about certain scenes doesn't mean I will just defend everything.

Nice rant bro. Sure beat up that strawman real good. I didn't say you were blindly defending the movie. I said your argument defending the Salamon scene was you just making up rules in your head because to you it makes sense. Also, official lore, lol. You haven't referenced any lore. You made a comparison to DBZ as if somehow the two franchises follow the same rules somehow.
Mar 4, 2017 4:28 PM
Feb 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
overlordpringerx said:

Nice rant bro. Sure beat up that strawman real good. I didn't say you were blindly defending the movie. I said your argument defending the Salamon scene was you just making up rules in your head because to you it makes sense. Also, official lore, lol. You haven't referenced any lore. You made a comparison to DBZ as if somehow the two franchises follow the same rules somehow.
I did. Several times. Look up Salamon's profile on wikimon, it's attack paralyzes it's target. There's no reason why Machinedramon shouldn't be affected by it. We have seen that Hagurumon can corrupt perfect level Digimon with it's gears, why shouldn't Salamon be able to use a special howl to paralyze it's target? And I didn't bring this up before because technically you can't apply it in the anime, but in Cyber sleuth Puppy Howl actually works similarly to what I described. It's one of the few if not the only rookie attacks that bypass durability. And the argument that the other person brought up was 'Ultimate is too durable to be affected by any kind of rookie attack' so I brought up how Clockmon, a mere champion level is according to lore and games one of the most powerful Digimon, not for it's firepower, which is rather average, but for it's abilities. I never made up rules. That's lore. The only ones making up rules are the ones saying that Machinedramon is immune because of his strength, which has never been established in-universe, or the fact that he's a machine, which has also never been established in-universe. And you didn't say just the Salamon scene, you said, and I quote, "these movies". As for DBZ, I was using it because it has a very simple way of measuring power and mostly relies on power-scaling. If power-scaling is the argument that the person I'm discussing it is using, I use an example of how even in shows with tons of power-scaling that isn't the answer to everything unless stated in universe, which it never was.
Mar 5, 2017 5:34 AM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:

Also really nice to see Machinedramon make an appearance

Machinedramon uses infinity cannon, infinity cannon does nothing and teleport kids around chip island.

Machinedramon uses infinity cannon, is blocked by Gabumon's Blue Fire....

Salamon uses Puppy Howl, Machinedramon is FUCKING STUNNED!!!

Bitch get the fuck out of here, Machinedramon is the classic bad guy all the way from digimon world, and was reduced to this, being manhandled around by in training lvl digimon, fuck this shit.
Mar 7, 2017 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know what was funnier, Gennai turning into a SAO villain, the Dark Masters being affected by the attacks of fucking Rookie-level Digimon (dat Puppy Howl stunning Machinedramon is unforgettable) or how they went overkill on Machinedramon by using THREE Megas against him, with one of them being Seraphimon of all Digimon the could use (remember that only MagnaAngemon by himself was able to rape Piedmon without problems), and then Mimi says Palmon could have joined them too. Lmao.

At least Himekawa and Nishijima past looks interesting. I actually want to know more about them.
Mar 8, 2017 7:13 AM
Jul 2014
Why don't the digimon just warp digivolve in these movies seeing all their forms in New art & animation is cool and all but not near the end where its severely eating into the screen time of the new mega levels fighting :/
Mar 21, 2017 7:51 PM

Oct 2016
Illyricus said:
I don't know what was funnier, Gennai turning into a SAO villain, the Dark Masters being affected by the attacks of fucking Rookie-level Digimon (dat Puppy Howl stunning Machinedramon is unforgettable) or how they went overkill on Machinedramon by using THREE Megas against him, with one of them being Seraphimon of all Digimon the could use (remember that only MagnaAngemon by himself was able to rape Piedmon without problems), and then Mimi says Palmon could have joined them too. Lmao.

At least Himekawa and Nishijima past looks interesting. I actually want to know more about them.

HAHAHA Yes, if Palmon turned into Rosemon it would've been the ultimate party lol

Ciphra-XIII said:
Why don't the digimon just warp digivolve in these movies seeing all their forms in New art & animation is cool and all but not near the end where its severely eating into the screen time of the new mega levels fighting :/

I want to see them warp. I hope they do that soon.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

It seem arguing any longer would be pointless, buddy. That lad is too hard-headed.
Mar 23, 2017 3:38 AM

Oct 2008
Ciphra-XIII said:

That has been one of my biggest issues with this movies since the second one. Seriously, you can go back to the thread and see my original rant. Warp evolving would solve SO many issues it's ridiculous. The emotional build-up, the pacing, the consistency, everything SOLVED. But nooooooo. Everyone hated on my opinion. I really do hope that people can finally see what I was getting at.

Here's the rant in a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSglzsyTDY

Seriously, this is an edited version I made using the Warp Evolution sequences from the PSP game. Just take a look at it and tell me how it's not 100% better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7WUMlW8t5I

-Stray said:
fcking Seraphimon had no fcking hype at all, he came out of literally nowhere, TBH Seraphimon alone would have been to much for Machinedramon.

Let me re-write Seraphimon's evolution scene. I thought this up in 2 minutes. Do tell me what you think.

- Patamon is getting infected with the virus.
- Takeru is devastated and relives his trauma from when he was a kid.
- Takeru and Patamon have a long talk with each other, with Takeru being unable to come to terms with it, yelling at Patamon for being unfair, selfish, etc...
- The irony is that Takeru himself is the one who's selfish.
- A battle ensues and the enemy is charging up for a powerful attack.
- Patamon wants to sacrifice himself to block the attack, saying that he's going to die eventually anyway.
- This comes to an emotional climax, with Takeru accepting Patamon's self-sacrificial decision, letting him go WILLINGLY. (Just think of how powerful a moment that would be.)
- Takeru decides to support Patamon precisely because Patamon is his friend and he respects him, showing how their bond has actually grown stronger.
- This is also significant as Takeru has freed himself from his past trauma and learned to accept loss (keeping with the theme of embracing one's darkness).
- As Patamon receives the blast...
- Patamon FUCKING WARP EVOLVES into Seraphimon, with BRAVE HEART blaring in the background.
- Seraphimon obliterates the enemy and de-evolves.
- Patamon bids farewell to Takeru as the Digital World resets.
- Takeru bids Patamon farewell with a smile, filled with HOPE (see what I did there?) and confident that they'll remain friends even after Patamon loses his memories.

Fucking HIRE ME. Movie 3 should have been Patamon's movie, not Tentomon's.
ActarMar 23, 2017 5:15 AM
Mar 23, 2017 8:11 AM
Jan 2009
hated it. It has nothing to do with the original series. 1/5
Mar 24, 2017 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
I honestly don’t know what to say by this point. What is this?

The numbskull director can’t possibly be trying at this point. A movie filled with incomprehensible tone, plot contrivances, half-baked plot points, over 50% fluff of a script, a cardboard-cutout villain, the waaay-too-obvious side-attempts at shipping chars, and a laughingly horrendous Sora/Biyomon drama subplot--I could go into detail of course, but then we’d be here for days.

So, instead let me talk about the reunions and gradual re-bondings between the Digidestined and their partners. The one minor aspect that was executed somewhat decently was the subtle, different ways each character acted towards their reborn partners and the one-off scenes of their interactions. Emphasis on one-off; as soon as the script started putting more emphasis on particular interactions, things just go downhill. Yes, I’m talking about Biyomon’s strange, uncharacteristic, and TOTALLY-NOT-FOR-THE-CONVENIENCE-OF-THE-PLOT standoffishness, though Taichi--his overexaggerated insecurities about not being able to evolve somehow linking to “things can’t go back to the way they were”--deserve a shout-out too.

See, the peculiar thing about these movies is that, in retrospect, one can look back and reason out all the character development that supposedly happened. “Oh, over time Biyomon came to see how kind and endearing Sora is. See Biyomon giving the girls fruit? That’s her still caring for Sora. She’s starting to care for the annoying girl chasing after her all this time.” But during the movie, any actual sign of character development is absurdly vague and poorly directed. Oh look, Biyomon is now best friends with Sora again! What’s with the one-day 180-degree heel-turn? Oh right, because plot!

Ok, and I just have to say, Sora may be thoughtful enough to bring bento boxes, but wouldn’t you think that she’d be smart enough to pack more than one meal’s worth? Or at least snag some survival supplies in the time it took for her to make all those bentos. Or maybe she did come prepared (a damn heavy bag that’d’ve been then) and the director just didn’t bother to tell us. Typical Tri director. Only giving us the bare minimum of world-building and attention to detail. Typical.
Apr 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2014
Not the best movie, probably the weakest of the 4 currently out but it was enjoyable enough I guess.

Movie scores high on nostalgia, rather you can say nostalgia is the supreme driving factor in this movie. The joy of seeing fragments of your childhood in the movies pretty much outclasses everything else and in this case it's a very good thing cause let's face it, without the nostalgia who knows what this would've been like?

The reintroduction of the Digiworld along with the baby Digimon was great and I really liked seeing the DigiDestined bond with their partners again.

The Biyomon/Sora drama felt really tacked on and forced, I can accept her acting arrogant or whatever but the change of heart could have been handled way better and I honestly didn't feel anything when they became friends again. The drama was mostly mediocre, none of it really felt impactful, like the part where Taichi says we can't go back to how things were.
I will however say that the Taichi, Sora and Yamato scenes were gold. XD

Rookies stopping Mega Digimon thing was definitely nonsensical.
Gennai licking was disturbing, no words for that.

Wargreymon and Metal Garurmon vs MetalSeadramon was awesome, probably because of the soundtrack and the fact that it was WarGreymon and MetalGarurmon. XD
Phoenixmon transformation was great, Seraphimon came out nowhere but it was great too and of course HerculesKabuterimon was awesome even if wasn't really necessary. They waste too much time on the transformation, it's fine to use it the first time the evolution happens but the way they keep using it is almost as if they wanna waste time and it becomes tedious at points.

Well the way they took down Machinedramon was cool but not as cool as the fight against MetalSeadramon

The plot is still all over the place, Himekawa's reaction are totally off considering she knew what would happen because of the reboot.
I'm really beginning to dislike Meicoomon, she's angry in the beginning because Mei isn't there, then she tells Mei that she shouldn't be next to her and she goes berserk again. Honestly, I simply can't bring myself to Meicoomon. Her character changes depending on plot/drama convenience and technically she's the root of all problems. I'm beginning to think the addition of Mei and Meicoomon is what's bringing this series down, hopefully the next movies prove me wrong.

7/10, cause Nostalgia>Plot.
Apr 10, 2017 7:59 PM
Dec 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Not the best movie, probably the weakest of the 4 currently out but it was enjoyable enough I guess.

Movie scores high on nostalgia, rather you can say nostalgia is the supreme driving factor in this movie. The joy of seeing fragments of your childhood in the movies pretty much outclasses everything else and in this case it's a very good thing cause let's face it, without the nostalgia who knows what this would've been like?

The reintroduction of the Digiworld along with the baby Digimon was great and I really liked seeing the DigiDestined bond with their partners again.

The Biyomon/Sora drama felt really tacked on and forced, I can accept her acting arrogant or whatever but the change of heart could have been handled way better and I honestly didn't feel anything when they became friends again. The drama was mostly mediocre, none of it really felt impactful, like the part where Taichi says we can't go back to how things were.
I will however say that the Taichi, Sora and Yamato scenes were gold. XD

Rookies stopping Mega Digimon thing was definitely nonsensical.
Gennai licking was disturbing, no words for that.

Wargreymon and Metal Garurmon vs MetalSeadramon was awesome, probably because of the soundtrack and the fact that it was WarGreymon and MetalGarurmon. XD
Phoenixmon transformation was great, Seraphimon came out nowhere but it was great too and of course HerculesKabuterimon was awesome even if wasn't really necessary. They waste too much time on the transformation, it's fine to use it the first time the evolution happens but the way they keep using it is almost as if they wanna waste time and it becomes tedious at points.

Well the way they took down Machinedramon was cool but not as cool as the fight against MetalSeadramon

The plot is still all over the place, Himekawa's reaction are totally off considering she knew what would happen because of the reboot.
I'm really beginning to dislike Meicoomon, she's angry in the beginning because Mei isn't there, then she tells Mei that she shouldn't be next to her and she goes berserk again. Honestly, I simply can't bring myself to Meicoomon. Her character changes depending on plot/drama convenience and technically she's the root of all problems. I'm beginning to think the addition of Mei and Meicoomon is what's bringing this series down, hopefully the next movies prove me wrong.

7/10, cause Nostalgia>Plot.

I forgot about this movie with so many anime and non-anime Japanese and Western movies reboots/remakes/sequel. I still wish they stick with the original animation like the new Yugioh, Dragonball, and Pokemon movies alike. I still don't understand why there must be 6 movies instead of a 24 episodes tv series since there's too much slice of life in it. Are they trying to imitate Neon Genesis Evangelion movies? NGE 3+1 is still on hold.
May 10, 2017 12:48 PM

Feb 2009
Man, the last part really fucked up the pacing. All this talk about the reboot seems so...insignificant already. And it started quite nice. Too bad.
May 29, 2017 12:53 AM
Jan 2015
I had already dropped my expectation from the first movie , so , i'm kinda okay with this movie ..7/10 also because of the nostalgic ED..which song is it ?? is it from digimon adventure 2 or 1 ? I forgot

that aside , It's nostalgic seeing dark masters again , I'm actually pretty hyped after Machinedramon appear , but salamon's howl affect him ? What the !!!

MetalSeadramon vs WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon is okay for me , although I prefer the old animation..but 3 megas vs Machinedramon ?? that was overkill,poor dude ..
May 31, 2017 3:19 AM

Feb 2013
This part was really good compared with the first three ones, nostalgia hit me hard.
But I really hate the lame one who subbed it and translated the name of the digimons, I watched it subbed and it really bothers me whenever they translate the name like everyone likes it or something.
Jun 4, 2017 2:36 AM

Mar 2010
I liked the intro about the 4 gods. That's about all I liked.

The whole plot, drama and "twists" are forced and predictable. There are no more rules to evolution or Digimon power levels. Which is frustrating. Unlike others, I actually didn't mind Salamon stunning Machinedramon for a whole, because Sala is Holy type and her whole character carries the "the light to fight evil" vibe. So, having an attack that stun all evil Digimon or w/e makes sense to me.

In any case, there was literally no character development, very little plot development and everyone can digivolve with a snap of a finger which makes me wonder why do they even bother waiting and why don't they all simply evolve to Mega on the first chance they get. All around disappointing but I liked intro, Tapirmon and Mei plot so 6/10.
Jun 30, 2017 4:19 PM

Aug 2016
I finally cathed up after long break (unlike previous tri movies where fanfare got me full blast) last one and I have to read previous discussion yet but now I need to consolidate my feelings.

And this movie/part feels... extremly unconsistand, thats probably best I can express myself. First minor things, like this one have only 4 episodes and overal feeling were depressing even though somehow nostalgic while ending was extremly happy toned.

I did not mind lostness and kinda exploring digiworld again, it really had feels of first digimon, I would take much more of that anytime even though digimons (especially biyomon) who do not recognize their partners... that teard my children heart. Problems with digivolutions were to be expected.

But man, those fights... And know this might be bit confusind, because this is like translation through 3 languages, and wiki doesn't really help but Adults/Rookies (Agumon etc.) were able to withstand and even damage back monster Machinedramon who is freakin Dark lord and Mega/Ultimate/Super lvl but when our digimonst are finally able to digivolve (even though this reboot versions never even get to Champions), there were need of 3 Mega lvl digimon do get him and even though I roughly recall Machinedramon being destroyed by I think by Wargraymon only in first Digimon adventures? Yeah and after 3 episodes of talking and running we got 5 minutes of digivolutions (first Gatamon, I know she is champion, but... F me right?) and non old fashion warp of Agumon and Gabumon straight to Mega levels. and then 30 seconds of fight? But others Digivolutions were cool I guess.

Also it kinda respond of both us, watching that as kids, growing 15 years from last digi adventures as well as world and society changes by last 15 years, but why is is Gennai so freakin pervert/creepy? And what the heck is Ygdrassil? Am I only one who don't recall a bit in connection with digimons?

This is expressing of my fresh feelings after watching this movie, I hope it get at least little sence. Even though I might sound extremly disgusted or whatever I also feel unmistakable nostalgy of childhood and first digimon adventures. Gosh I don't care how much they waste potentional, I still love watching digimons with old little grown up crew. Even though thank Kami they get older like 5 years, not 15 like rest of us.

Edit: Also, Iam expecting to see devilmon again in next part.
Martin_TaylorJun 30, 2017 4:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2017 2:04 AM

Mar 2009
So any idea who the real bad guy is? Yggdrassil or someone else?

I was looking at the other games from Digimon World and how they connect to 02 kids and only idea for the bad guy (other than evil Yggdrassil) would be Milleniummon. He could be the master mind behind all this. Using Dark Spores he corrupted Gennai.

In Digimon Dusk you more or less need Machinedramon, MetalSeadramon and Kimeramon to get on track of DNA fusing 3 versions of Milleniummon.

In 02 Ken (Digimon Kaiser) creates Kimeramon, in this movie both MetalSeadramon and Machinedramon are beaten and their data must go somewhere unless evil Gennai can just reconstruct them at will.

Thinking in game terms even if partner digimon lost their memories they must have kept their unlocked evolution lines and high stats. Makes sense that little Salamon could outspeed and stun Machinedramon.

Am I getting anywhere with this or is that only wishful thinking?
May 8, 2018 7:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best of the 4 films, i suppose because it was a come back to the origins, when the boys needed to win the trust of the Digimon and all with a nice Digi-adventure with a cool Digi-evolutions even Mega-evolutions!!!
Mai, even after the reboot, is a central piece of this enigma!!! :/
Apr 19, 2019 7:05 AM

Nov 2016
Oh, so Himekawa was a DigiDestined too. Hope we get more of her past.

I actually like the idea of a "new beginning" and as others pointed out, this part gave off the vibe of the first series since the Destined had to get warm with their partners again. I mainly enjoyed the focus on Sora and Biyomon.

Power scales are still broken af, the fight was still ok and it was cool to see Seraphimon. It was shown in Frontiers, but I kinda forgot that he was the mega level form of Patamon.

Not as good as part 3, still nice overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2019 9:05 AM
Jan 2017
sooo theyre making Jedite the Digimon equivalent of Ghestis Team Plasma?
sheeesh 20 years later and they're still trying to copy Pokemon
Nov 17, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
That was disappointing, they took the time to build up for Sora's ultimate evolution and then ruined it by having everyone evolve!
I could go on about all the problems with this movie (like how freaking rooky levels are fighting two of the dark masters), but this is the one that bothered me the most.
Mar 22, 2020 8:57 PM

Dec 2008
Can I say I really hate the Digimon memory loss "twist" and that's a major reason why I haven't finished the Tri movies long before now? On the other hand, it IS an interesting role reversal. In the original series, the Digimon waited for the chosen children/digidestined, who didn't even know them. Now we have the chosen children seeking out their Digimon partners and taking care of them.

So the reappearance of the Kaiser was not Ken... of course. I find it hella stupid that any of the others thought it was without question, seriously. It's one thing to not use them, but Tri really disrespects the 02 kids. Another major reason why I haven't finished them yet.

Who would have thought Piyomon aka "I love you Sora!" would be the one to be cold. Their story was really the most interesting part of the movie. Love them.

Overall I found some parts of the movie very enjoyable and engaging despite my misgivings about certain aspects. That cliffhanger followed by the happy ending song though...
prepare4troubleMar 22, 2020 9:49 PM
Apr 21, 2020 12:12 AM

May 2008
Me, 2 minutes into the intro: I've died. This intro has killed and put me in hell.
Me, for the rest of the movie: This is truly hell. I can't even.
Me, at the end: Gennai did nothing wrong.
Apr 25, 2020 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
Sakarii said:
Me, 2 minutes into the intro: I've died. This intro has killed and put me in hell.

So, even the prologue wasn't decent for you? What went wrong?
Apr 27, 2020 12:43 AM

May 2008
Rei_III said:
So, even the prologue wasn't decent for you? What went wrong?

For me, it's: Why does Himekawa and Nishijima need to be the OG Chosen Children? Her entire character is forced in so making her an OG CC pissed me off. I've always wanted to see an anime about them and this is what we end up getting?

This attempt to craft their greater purpose in the narrative feels tacked-on. Tri has this odd obsession with making everyone important to the story a CC (perhaps in attempt to tie it in to 02) and using that as an excuse for why so much screen time is needed for these OCs rather than the main cast. Originally, I had thought of her similar to Tamers' Yamaki and that would have made more sense than her being an ex-CC who is attempting to destroy everything just to see her digimon again. Her plan didn't make much sense too.

This leads me to question things that aren't explained:
1) Why did their digimon become the Sovereigns? Is Tri seriously trying to tell me that they came into existence a few years before Adventure? That these so-called super powerful beings end up being pretty useless since they need constant support and don't do much for the DW? 02 had them sealed, okay fine, but Tri shows that, yes, they have done nothing at all and making them irrelevant. Taichi-tachi still had to save the world, still had to give up their Crests because of how weak they were, still had to help because they couldn't do much of anything but give them their Crests back. Considering how important they are to the Digital World and is the backbone between the DW and the RW (iirc from 02), it's an odd choice. (Tri makes a lot of odd choices in regards to 02.)

Since the Sovereigns end up being seals ala BlackWarGreymon, I don't see their purpose in the narrative as a whole, tbf. Surely any Ultimate digimon, especially ones powered up through CC and Homeotasis like in the prologue, would do fine. Maybe even better since after everything is done, they could have reaped the benefits of peace, of potentially seeing their humans again. It could explore the OG CC and their digimon - maybe their bonds weren't on the same level as the ones after. It could have been a way to contrast between the two groups.

Let the Sovereigns been sealed by Homeostasis long ago so the Dark Masters wouldn't kill them and send the DW into further chaos.

2) What about the other 3? Never brought up (and end up never getting brought up). With how little the prologue focuses on them, it creates the feeling of "only Himekawa and Nishijima matters". Sorta how the next movie focuses too much on Meiko; I got the feeling they were only interested in making a quick backstory for their psuedo-villain, not tell the story of the OG CC. Why should I care about Himekawa and what happened? She's hasn't been much of anything before now and has been shown to be evil in the movie before. The prologue is crafted in a way to manipulate me into feeling bad about her rather doing in naturally. Not interested.

3) How convenient she's like Hikari. I know Adventure gave their shadows the exact looks of 5 of the 8 CC, but c'mon. Himekawa is basically a failed Hikari and for no reason at all.

4) The situation isn't explained enough to justify them being OG CC. Himekawa's obsession, the lack of interest in their digimon for Nishijima, the total lack of interest of the other 3... It doesn't fit. Comes off too much as trying to fit these two people into roles they don't need to be in.

5) The narrative doesn't do a good job explaining why these guys haven't been around since 02. Mostly because Tri acts like 02 doesn't exist, but me knowing it does and this is a sequel and can't be anything less... it's annoying.

6) Originally, I had a "wut?" moment when the Dark Masters (terrible done, they were like puppets...) appeared because it was so surreal. How long had these 4 been farting around?! But, recently I read an attempt to make sense of the timeline and it seems like Himekawa's group happens after the 1st movie but before Adventure due to Gennai stealing the eggs and Crests. That makes sense. It's dumb as heck, but it makes sense.

Honestly, the whole OG CC I found to not be well done. It doesn't help the lore any and feels like pandering so I'd like the movie. A "ooh, look the OG CC! Isn't that cool?!" to which I say, "No. No, it's not." It effectively ruins it, imo, because now every lore regarding the OG CC will most likely have to be based on what Tri made up. Hopefully the remake doesn't if it mentions it, but I don't have hopes.

Artistically, though. It's great. I did like that aspect, at least.

Hopefully that made sense. It's hard to put the crushing of my dreams into words.
Sep 3, 2020 3:51 PM

Jul 2008
superdutchman said:
Raydnt said:
5/10

Honestly the worse one in the series, so disappointing.
It started out pretty good, that flashback scene with Himekawa was pretty awesome.
But they failed to build on that good beginning.

When the group got split up, Sora is in the desert and suddenly, Meiko is in the digital world... WHAT?!
Then next scene all of a sudden they're out of the desert, what was the point of being in the desert if they just randomly appear in the forest moments later?

Then Himekawa and Tapirmon just happened.
Well duh he forgot about you Himekawa, I mean what did you expect would happen with the reboot?
Then Himekawa goes all yandere and then we dont see them again for the rest of the movie... okay?

Salamon, a rookie, pulls out a move and it stops MACHINEDRAMON, A FRIGGEN MEGA DIGIMON. BULLSHIT.
Gabumon, also a rookie, pulls out blue blaster and it stops MACHINEDRAMON'S ATTACK AND INJURES METALSEADRAMON.
BULLSHIT x 2.

Tai and Matt "drowning" scene was pretty cringe, another scene which could have been improved on. No evolution scene for Agumon and Gabumon? Come on wtf.

And that final fight, was it really necessary for Tentomon to digivolve? I agree Herculeskautarimon is friggen awesome bu itt didnt need to happen.

Biyomon digivolving straight to Phoenixmon was pretty bad, could at least have Garudamon get a few hits in first.

Patamon's evolution to Seraphimon was also bad, it happened out of no where, no build up, no nothing.
It wasnt as unnecessary as Herculeskabutarimon, but it could have been handled way better. It also would have been nice to see Magnaangemon pull out a few moves.

Honestly it was at the point where I was like "Seriously? You might as well have Patamon and Goamon get in on that mega evolution fiesta?!"

If it had just focused on a fight between Biyomon and Machinedramon, it would have been a better flowing fight.

I defended this series before when people complained about lack of details, but I said it was because they were still building up the plot.
But thats not an excuse this time, because this time it was extremely sloppy and not handled well.

The only good parts of this movie were the interaction between characters, as in any scene not relating to the plot of the story.
Like IzzyxMimi, love that.
Or the awkward Tai, Matt, and Sora scenes lol.

ALSO GOTTA GIVE PROPS TO MY MAN JOE, for thinking about the group's safety, the lowkey MVP who tackled the crap outta evil Gennai, and caught Sora from falling to her doom.

But yeah, movie still was not great overall.
Doesnt compare to the 9/10 that was the third movie.

I agree with you. This movie is the worst compared to the 3 other previous movies. There are many plot holes in this movie like you just stated. But i still enjoyed it. I feel bad for Metalseadramon and Mugendramon who were beaten by more than 1 chosen kids' digimon mega evolution whereas Wargreymon and Phoenixmon should be enough to deal with each of them. About Herculeskabuterimon, I think TOEI wanted to give fanservice to the fans since in the previous movie he only pushed his other digimon friends to digital world from reboot and never launched any attack. TOEI gave fanservice to fans with evolving Tentomon to Herculeskabuterimon again and finally launched an attack that was never seen before...

I mean I think the funniest part is that both Metalseadramon and Machinedramon are actually way stronger then what was going on there. They are also the strongest of the Dark Master's even in the original (Puppetmon was garbage and Piedmon is open for debate) I did like the fact that one was defeated by two Mega's and the other was defeated by three (rightfully deserved as Machinedramon is arguably one of the strongest Mega's in existence). Especially considering what it can digivolve or evolve into after that stage which is Chaosdromon.

My problem mostly was not only where the fight scenes short as hell, they downplayed Machinedramon's size SO MUCH. Look at the episode (I believe it's near the end of episode 48)where he blasts through the pavement in the city and then literally crawl's up and you see the digi destined looking like ants at his feet and how huge he is and he's literally onlysit standing lol. If you are bringing back the Dark Master's at least have an arc of some sort like they did in the original as in my opinion they were the best/most hype part of the 1st adventure by far. It's just kind of sad of what happened lol.
Oct 14, 2020 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
Dat flashback.
Himekawa? Nishijima?
The Dark Masters?
Dat digivice.
Dem shinka's. WTF!
Meiko.
The trolly!
Damn. Yokomon got mean eyes.
Meichan.
Taichi goes after Meichan.
The distortion.
lol at Koushiro's face getting red.

What an episode. I wasn't expecting that beginning. Himekawa and Nishijima were Edabareshi Kodomo-tachi along with the Dark Masters and 4 Holy Beasts. Dat Holy Angemon shinka scene was nice. Funny how Child attacks were stopping Ultimate level digimon. I got no problem with Gennai licking someone. The problem is that it was Sora. LMAO at Meiko getting Kabedon'd by Gennai. They played Keep on as the ED song. I was hoping that they would since they played I Wish. With that said... IMA KOSO TABITATSU YUUKI WO MOTTE! So good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2021 1:12 PM

Jan 2021
Probably the worst one so far and the most disappointing one too especially since the third movie was actually great only to be followed by this mess.

I really just can't bring myself to care for Meiko and Meicoomon honestly. Everything just feels so unnatural with them like the way the writers just inserted them into the main group with no effort and no significant contribution to the whole group dynamic other than to probably give Mimi someone her age. They're both handled so terribly by the writers. It's very clear Meicoomon's just really a plot device at this point.

Biyomon's also acting like a weird mf. Why is she only bitchy towards Sora. The resolution to her conflicts just felt off to me like I know she puts others before herself and she needs to look after herself more but the drama between her and Biyomon just looked very forced honestly.

There was literally no point in them getting separated if they're just gonna get reunited like that. Very random moment that did not add up to anything at all like really what was the point?

Salamon somehow stopping Machinedramon like that... really? Are you for real? Not only Salamon but Gabumon too somehow fending off MetalSeadramon. At least they had the decency to let Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon get defeated by Ultimate Digimons. Otherwise, I would've been pissed.

Turns out it wasn't actually Ken but Gennai just using his avatar lol. I don't like how the 02 kids are being treated here. I honestly don't even care about them really but I just don't like how they keep referencing them without doing anything with them at all. It's confirmed that they're actually canon in these movies then what the fuck is going on (ToT). Anyway, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and just hold off judgment for now until I see the next movie. Hopefully, they tell us more about Meiko too. She's pretty much an empty character at this point that only serves as a plot device to make Meicoomon berserk or something.

And what's up with all the edgy bullshit in here making Gennai sexually harass Sora and Meiko lmao. That was so random. They'll probably gonna explain the Gennai situation later so I don't have much to comment on for now. Hopefully, it's a satisfactory answer too because I hate this cheap ass tactic of turning friendly characters into "oh they were evil all along" villains. It's not interesting and they're only destroying the image of a beloved character.

And more edgy bullshit with Himekawa. You rebooted the digital world resulting in your partner losing their memories and you turn psychotic over what? I can already see where this is going and I don't like it one bit.

Things were getting interesting too with the reveal of the previous Digidestined and Himekawa's memories and then the rest was just... no comment.

This was terrible. I hope the next one is better god.
Mar 18, 2021 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Following the best movie with the worst one so far.

The Digimon went from not knowing their human partner to unlocking their highest evolution in a span of half a day. Patamon, especially, didn't even have to overcome emotional growth or anything. He just pulled Seraphimon out of his butt because why not. Biyomon being a bitchy tsundere because how else are we going to have drama.

I'm willing to ignore some power inconsistency, but when you got Rookies actually stunning and hurting Megas, that's way over the line.

Remember Dark Masters? The big bads of 01 who were the very reason we got the show in the first place? They're now puppets of evil Gennai and got destroyed with next to no effort. Yeah... Guess we don't have to address where Pinocchimon and Piemon are either.

Can we just drop the Sora love triangle tease and the yaoi bait please? The more I see it, the less tolerable it becomes.

The first gen chosen Digimon becoming the 4 Sovereigns are pretty cool though. Props to that.

And WTF is with this Phoenixmon's face? I legit burst out laughing when I saw it.
JustMonakaMar 18, 2021 5:59 PM
Mar 28, 2021 7:47 PM
Apr 2020
I haven't seen the Digimon Tri movies, and since this is my first time watching them. The fourth film to the sequel to the original series of seasons 1 and 2 leads to the climax in the fifth film of the franchise. I really loved the animation and love the story of the journey.
multicreator20Mar 28, 2021 7:58 PM
Jul 12, 2021 6:59 AM

Jan 2017
What a trainwreck this movie is compared to the previous 3, I cant help but cringe everytime the Child Digimons barely get by the Ultimate-form Mugendramon, like wtf it's not Adult but Ultimate.

The seperation of everyone after the blast does feel like them copying again Adventures first arc where Devimon scatters them but to have it resolved conveniently due to the distortions? I call BS right there. Also Sora's scene where she cries in front of Piyomon and then an abrupt change to finding Meiko without any transition reeks of cut content.
Jul 18, 2022 11:24 PM

Feb 2015
Overall, it is giving a continuation but somehow, I didn’t like it that much. Himekawa is being a puppet character with simple objectives, I don’t even know if she’s an ally or a villain obsessed with her digimon. Biyomon was the worst of it all, I couldn’t stand why was she so mean with Sora, like, from the beginning, why was she so pissed off, I don’t get it. Huckmon’s revelations were important and now, Nishijima is going to stop her, I guess. Gennai is a pervert or wtf, he licked Sora and the way he was with Meiko at the ship.
Aug 28, 2023 8:24 AM

Nov 2012
maybe it's just because the overarching plot of all of these movies together is heating up, but this one definitely gripped me a lot more than the others, looking forward to the next one!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» These Movies are only good during the last 10 minutes.

Isterio - Feb 26, 2017

12 by Sebastian333 »»
Aug 9, 2017 1:04 AM

» I can´t be the only one who is sick of the new characters

Isterio - Feb 26, 2017

20 by RedSwordHeart »»
Aug 7, 2017 12:07 PM

» So these movies were out of nostalgia right ?

lord23 - May 31, 2017

0 by lord23 »»
May 31, 2017 7:13 AM

» Digimon Adventure tri. 5 key visual

Baka_Debakar - Feb 24, 2017

7 by JuJu93 »»
Apr 21, 2017 8:11 AM

» List of open things for the next movies.

Tsuguni - Feb 26, 2017

2 by Tsuguni »»
Feb 27, 2017 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.